Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

So I take it Elibian Nights isn't canon in your FE6 universe

Looks sweet. Can't wait to try this out.

It is not, while me and Arch have talked about a few things that we share across games, the truth is we both have different visions as to how Elibe continues onwards, and we each take our separate path.

You know up until we form the Two-Man Power Trip and remake FE6 in FEXNA. THEN shit's going to get cray cray

No, I mean, why couldn't you just make her an archer that promotes to Warrior?

A multitude of reasons actually. The first being the body thing that was mentioned. The second I'm a big proponent of themeing and gameplay/story integration; the addition of Axes from the warrior promotion could potentially complicate supports, also it really doesn't fit within her character, which I've very much tried to remain faithful too. The third is that I didn't think of it, and the fourth is simple.

This hack may be my design, my celebration of FE6 and my love for it, giving it treatment I believe it deserves, but at the same time it's other things. Like the expansion of community knowledge about hacking, and the additional new resources and techniques discovered as we progress through.

What I develop is for everyone, and by choosing to insert a female soldier and halberdier, along with female fighter and warriors, I have the ability to create those for any future hackers who wish to use them. Because really, helping other people, be it now or in a future situation, is something a hacker should aspire to do, not be insular and lock down the knowledge they have, but to spread it and attempt to bring others to their level. to share tools and resources where they can.

After all, one man didn't make this a reality, it's the people who've been at my side and supported me, helped me, taught me, and in turn worked with me that will make this project real. And it would be poor repayment to simply say "And this is all mine now, no one else can have it."

So the fourth reason is to support the hacking community.

Because you still have the problem that she's not built to be a Warrior.

Edit: Also I'm not sure Omni wants to do split class promotion.

I do not, and - for the record it is Onmi. I know it's a subconscious thing but please try.

But it'd still be badass if she could promote to one.

Also, how the FUCK is MARY built to be a Warrior, let alone a FIGHTER?!

By having a completely custom portrait and no just being a generic character? Sheesh it's like you think of me as lazy and not completely insane.

Edited by Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know up until we form the Two-Man Power Trip and remake FE6 in FEXNA. THEN shit's going to get cray cray

My body is ready

I do not, and - for the record it is Onmi. I know it's a subconscious thing but please try.

Noted. Sorry about that.

Edited by shinpichu

My body is ready

Noted. Sorry about that.

Not a problem.

Animations look good.

Thank you, Temp does good work and I'm lucky to have someone who's taken on more responsibility than he should have had to due to other animators bugging out.

Ah, I see, Onmi. Sorry I snapped at you. :C

Not a problem. I don't do things without reason, even if sometimes the reason is silly, and while I can understand worries or confusion, I trust that it will all make sense in the end.

Ohoho, so there IS progress being made! I'm a big fan of FE6 remakes and this one has me positively drooling lol

Thank you, and yes progress got kickstarted when someone finally tracked down what the problems with FEditor and FE6 was. Only took him a day too, and since then we've been gearing up for 1.0 which for the record, will be the new classes, characters, gameplay mods, and a slightly fixed up story that makes it so that traversing across the route splits doesn't suddenly jump you back to Etruria.

From then we'll begin working on handling each arc individually, remaking the chapters as we go along, some way more than others.

I'll then release the patches at the conclusion of each Arc, so that you can continue to play the game through to conclusion once you've gotten through the new content.

From there we're looking at "beautification" all the little, definitely not necessary things that I want to do to simply clean up the game. Emotion variant portraits, music, and so on and so forth.

The hack will never reach a "Final" stage I am unfortunate to say, since there will always be one major bug that, while solvable, is a horrendous amount of effort (Simply put, you'll be save stating once you've acquired 52 units. since while you recruit more than that, the game will delete them on a hard reload.) Again this is solvable, but it's a tonne of effort, and thus would likely be handled absolutely last if ever.

I hate to be the one to ask, but will you be releasing any of the animations publicly once you've made a release of this hack?

I hate to be the one to ask, but will you be releasing any of the animations publicly once you've made a release of this hack?

I think he said something about this. I don't want to find the post again, but I think it said something like this:

I might give out a package after I release the final patch. If not, eh... you can rip them.

Correct, and if I don't pull them from the hack, no skin off my back.

So my Wizard got everyone's full endings showing up in FE6's credits (or more specifically after the credits). Just thought I should let you all know.

We have 6 animations to go and one current animation being refurbished. So I'll see you all with the next bit of update when I have it.

Oh, and nothing to concern yourselves about but I finally went through and removed _0x40 from every event, since we appropriated that for escape chapters. It all works fine, but it's basically something I don't have to do at release time.

All progress is worth noting. You thinking spring breakish or sooner for a final release?

Hey at least we see what he's doing for his project, so his progress is worth something. He can also take as long as he wants before his project is released.

Anyways.

For the Strength/Magic split, how will the Weapon EXP work?

For example, Roy uses both swords and dark magic. If he uses dark magic, and he levels up, wouldn't that glitch up? Or would the weapon rank just not show on the weapon rank screens?

Hey at least we see what he's doing for his project, so his progress is worth something. He can also take as long as he wants before his project is released.

Anyways.

For example, Roy uses both swords and dark magic. If he uses dark magic, and he levels up, wouldn't that glitch up? Or would the weapon rank just not show on the weapon rank screens?

no i wouldn't, it just shows the weapon rank for the type of weapon you use.

Anyways.

I wasn't criticizing him for the record, just looking for a ballpark guess. And spring breakish would the the rough time when spring break occurs, so sometime around the end of march/early april. I should also clarify I meant the release of 1.0, not the final lol

I wasn't criticizing him for the record, just looking for a ballpark guess. And spring breakish would the the rough time when spring break occurs, so sometime around the end of march/early april. I should also clarify I meant the release of 1.0, not the final lol

Oh, okay. Thanks for clarifying.

Edited by PixelmanFE

I'd actually love it if you did this. I was considering doing it but I don't know enough about FE6 and don't really have the long-term drive for it. I'd rather focus on my own original projects than do that.

• 2 weeks later...

So how about an update. Always fun.

I went through and fixed all the broken supports. At the same time I wrote new supports for Thany/Juno, a new A support for Niime/Jodel, A new C for Noah/Karel (combining the old C and B into a new B) and did some overall editing on all three Chad/Ellen supports.

Also went through with some name changes, the Juno/Jodel/Jahn trio, Oujay to Ogier, making sure Lott is consistently called that (as it was the script flip-flopped) Ward to Wade (though I feel like reversing it, since Ward is more flavorful if less correct.) Dragon Knight/Lord to Dracoknight/master and Wyverns to Drakes.

Dark Dragon to Demon Dragon, Dragon-Human War to Divine Crusades. If any of you have a problem with that, as I've said multiple times the hack is open source once released, go nuts and change it back. I don't care at that point.

I've separated the Drynwyn and the Rapier, the former is Roy's Tier-1 Prf, the latter is the old Rapier with no lord-lock.

Drynwyn is one of the Thirteen treasures of the Island of Brittain

White-Hilt, the Sword of Rhydderch Hael (Dyrnwyn, gleddyf Rhydderch Hael): "if a well-born man drew it himself, it burst into flame from its hilt to its tip. And everyone who used to ask for it would receive; but because of this peculiarity everyone used to reject it. And therefore he was called Rhydderch the Generous."

The in-game plot of the blade is that it was Cecilia's graduation gift to Roy. I had originally wanted to call the blade Hauteclere due to the reference to the Song of Roland, but IntSys already turned that into an axe. Probably because there are no legendary axes...

The Al Sword has become Joyeuse, Roy's 2nd-Tier prf weapon, the blade of Etrurian Prince takes when they come of age. Elphin for whatever reason has it and gives it to Roy.

And the Gant Lance has fully become the Heavy Spear now down to the name (though not weapon icon). Now Leygance is truly an utter joke to the Triangle Attack. Should see about renaming the Triangle Attack the Jetstream Attack for the armors.

Finally, I've sent the wizard responsible for the ASM wonders being bestowed upon my hack the list of important and vanity needs. He's busy, as he is what with all that he makes, hacks, creates, destroys, and rends common sense to shreds. But that should be wonderful. By the end of this we should have a lot of stuff not just for my hack, but for the community too.

Other than that, I've been plaything through the game on Development Streams, going over balance and character placement and enemies and items. So if you ever wanna see that happen, go to OrpheusNilus on Twitch and you should be in for... well... wonderful insanity.

There is still a lot left to be done for a brief rundown

6 animations

7 map sprites

Lots of item sprites

magic animations in relation to the Expanded Magic Project

Portraits (4 Player Characters, then incidental NPC/boss stuff which doesn't worry me too much)

Text/map event correction (So we don't go from Ilia to Etruria and fight Roartz and Arcard twice).
Ending editing, getting the new ones for the new PCs,

Writing up the Supports for new units.
Optionally, there is coding up the new chapters the game will have so that the pacing all flows how we want it too.

Renaming/numbering the chapters. Which, I should pose a question. If I were to type the name into FE7 and then save the graphic there, would that be a fast way of transferring them to FE6?

With that, everyone will be in their correct place for recruitment and the games length proper. and basically the only thing left to do will be to go through and change old maps/the script

Also, a question, not a poll because ultimately I'll do what I want anyway but a curiosity.

Would people prefer if saving Hector was HM only? The same saving method would apply (Get Ellen into his cell before the turn event that kills him) but it would only be accessible on Hard Mode. The reason I am against this is that the game will be looking for everyone to be alive and in the party when it runs its extra plot stuff. If Hector isn't savable then Erik can't join. meaning you don't get any extra plot bits after a certain point, simply cause you're on normal mode.

Anyway. That's that for now. I'll leave you with a few images

6sl8boX.jpg

Thank you generic paladin for filling in for Erk while he gets his new clothes

sQv3ICR.jpg

Some name and class changes. I figure female soldiers having the same map sprite as males was perfectly fine.

cQStCDj.jpg

A better description for the Rapier. I had a much longer one written up but it got cut off after the first line. So better making them to the point.

7IHMG5Y.jpg

Ahhh, now I know exactly how to do all the different victory conditions, I'm going to have a lot of fun.

5Jdbs.png

The latest version of Lyn is on the right. She... has not had a good time.

Welp! See you all when I have a new update!

Finally, I've sent the wizard responsible for the ASM wonders being bestowed upon my hack the list of important and vanity needs. He's busy, as he is what with all that he makes, hacks, creates, destroys, and rends common sense to shreds. But that should be wonderful. By the end of this we should have a lot of stuff not just for my hack, but for the community too.

Oooh, neat. Will any of the new ASM be able to be ported to the other GBA games?

I see the Drynwyn has 1-2 range. Makes me wonder if Roy will have mediocre stats but great weapons exclusive to himself. That'd be an interesting take on him.

Personally I don't see why saving Hector would need to be on Hard Mode only unless his stats are too good for NM; but that's more of a problem with Hector than anything else.

Oooh, neat. Will any of the new ASM be able to be ported to the other GBA games?

I see the Drynwyn has 1-2 range. Makes me wonder if Roy will have mediocre stats but great weapons exclusive to himself. That'd be an interesting take on him.

Personally I don't see why saving Hector would need to be on Hard Mode only unless his stats are too good for NM; but that's more of a problem with Hector than anything else.

Hmm, I don't know. Theoretically it could all be reverse engineered but not all of it would be applicable. And of course notes would be included along with explanations. A lot of it is FE6 specific though, after all the ASM to make it so paired endings work isn't needed by FE7 or 8. The ASM to make it so full endings play for everyone isn't needed but will be apply-able to anyone wishing to hack FE6 of course.

Then there's stuff like the Magic Expansion Project. Yes there's going to be ASM involved there but that's a project across all 3 games that's just also being showcased in my hack.

There is one thing that I can think is applicable across FE7 and 8 that's under Important not Vanity (the distinction is that Vanity is not necessarily in the scope of the project, but I would love to have it if time/patience permits him) and you'll see it if/when it's done.

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time...

Will the pre-promotes like Erk, Hector, and others have good growths?

Or will they fall under the good base stats and bad growths?

I've been wanting to ask this for a long time...

Will the pre-promotes like Erk, Hector, and others have good growths?

Or will they fall under the good base stats and bad growths?

The current balance is that pre-promotes have higher growths than unpromoted units, but average out as essentially a 20/10 character. They will never be the best . But there is no penalization for using them essentially.

Think Camus or Titania when it comes to growths.