Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not exactly.

I asked a question, he then responded by saying the idea was scrapped, but aspects of it were being kept.

I disagreed on the fact that they were, and he got upset or something? So I responded.

I don't think it was supposed to be entertaining, but regardless, I'll try harder next time. :<

No, You don't even understand what I said, you're misreading completely, hell you think Zephiel is meant to be a coward when he wasn't and I never planned him to be. To be quite frank, you're thick. You're incredibly foolish, your 'constructive criticism' could better be turned towards the many many mistakes in your own hack that are evident on the front page, rather than focusing on the work I've chosen not to do and the things I'm flat out not doing that you seem to believe I am.

Zephiel is not fleeing, he's exactly where he should be, waiting for Roy. Who said he was fleeing? He's where he always was. Roy could call him a pretty little princess it wouldn't make Zephiel that, it would just be what Roy said, You are literally arguing to me about things I am flat out not doing. This is why I'm calling you a moron. Zephiel is not a coward, he's not being portrayed as a coward, you need to quit pretending he is so you can feel 'smrt'

Seriously if you're this bad at understanding that, I fear even more for your hack than I did what I first saw it, all the research in the world isn't going to help you if you remain a terrible writer. Look when I can go to the first page of your hack and the first thing I feel isn't terror and dread, then you can come talk to me about my hack, you know when I actually release story details and you know, there's something there to criticize. If any of the other editors don't catch it first, which I doubt.

Until then

2el7byv.png

.....Okay I'm going to stop checking this thread... I come in expecting to see new info when its updated and all I ever see is fighting....

Good Idea, I will change the sub-title so you know an update has occurred.

Incidentally, I'm beginning a daily Normal Mode showcase on Livestream, just showing off all the updated player and enemy units. Why not hard? Already did that, I'm drained from Hard Mode.

Ok I'm probably just being blind or something but I cannot find the link to download, only one I can find is the link to Roy's promotion edit.

No current patch right now, iirc.

Literally the post above yours. Come on.

Edited by L95

• 3 weeks later...

A minor update, we've made the slayer weapons target all horse units now, no longer shall nomads and valkyries flit about unhindered by your rapiers and horse slayers, Sacae is slightly less trouble now.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay this is a pretty decent sized update. I don't like to double-post but thems the breaks.

CHAPTER 24: THE REDUX

So for the past day I've been on the livestream editing Chapter 24, slowly but surely, and now. At least Unit-Wise, it's a fair challenge and not something you can literally solo with Roy (Not even a joke, I demonstrated how easy the chapter was on the stream before we began working. So lets look at some screen shots.

A word of warning, the portraits of the enemies? filler. FEditor still doesn't work which means no new portraits or names. So don't immediatly start screaming "that doesn't make sense."

Room 1: Durandal and Lycia

8zi9ok.jpg

There are 7 Rooms in Chapter 24, each one is devoted to one of the Divine Weapons you have collected, the Eckesachs? that has Final.

As you can see I'm pulling no punches on this chapter. It's the end of a 36-8 chapter long game. To have gotten to this point it is incredibly unlikely that you do not have 8 more combat capable characters outside of Fa and Roy. Or 7 and a Dancer. Even so, with the right supports? you will rip this to shreds.

Room 2: Armads and Western Isles

1row0x.jpg

You're probably detecting the theme, units typically seen from an area, or fitting a sort of 'gimmick' regarding the location. This should also let you know that No. Manaketes have not disappeared entirely from the map, they just aren't a prevelant force anymore. Because they are by far the weakest units in this chapter. through no fault of their own beyond "Hey Divine Weapons exist."

Room 3: Forblaze and Nabata

2pova0z.jpg

Now this is where I start making my themeing overt. On a completely unrelated note, to allowe Dorothy to function as a Soldier/Halberdier without creating a new class lacking names/promotions and whatnot, I removed Bow ranks from female snipers So that Dorothy would keep her Lance rank, and Igrene would keep her Bow Rank. With no crossover.

Also yes, this troops set up does pretty much define each room till the last.

Room 4: Aureola and Etruria

29uqft5.jpg

You probably think you've spotten the theme, and are finding that one guys positon suspect, since he's already appeared. Well some units are also standing in for classes that haven't been added. I'm not going to beat around the bush. You will hate me for this and another throne. Bishops are dodgy classes after all. My only real advice is to load up on the hit supports. Also the Crit-Null supports.

Room 5: Maltet and Ilia

10ht285.jpg

Okay I'm not going to be Coy, those Paladins? Stand-ins for when I can finally insert the Halberdier class properly, with the exception of the boss who's meant to be a Paladin. Nice little break after last room, The Pegs are of course not as large a threat with the walls. But then that's sort of the Ilia arc in a nutshell aint it? A fun little romp, nowhere near as aggrevating as

Room 6: Murgleis and Sacae

21srq1.jpg

Question 1: Why not a Nomad Trooper on the throne?

Answer: Because Murgleis has gone Double-Bow on us and Nomad Troopers still lock up at Range 1. I'll fix this when I can. And it will be corrected.

Question 2: Is this as painful as a Nomad Trooper on a throne?

Answer: Oh yes.

This is the other throne where the enemy will be playing havok with your hitrates, and unlike the other thrones, there's no sniping from clean-range with an archer. My advice? Hit boosting supports, crit-negating supports, Maltet is your most accurate tool, don't be afraid to use it. You're very unlikely to burn through 50 uses with both Hammerne and thoughtful play. A Paladin makes great use of Maltets bonus. As will the planned 3rd Lord.

Room 7: Brammimond and Bern

14sziom.jpg

Question 1: Where the hell is Yahn?

Answer: On the final chapter, don't worry, he didn't disappear.

I've thrown two more enemies into the loop here, and as luck would have it we capped out at 50 total units deployed. Some comprimises still had to be made, but I had two more units to place and felt this to be the most fititng battle ground. This is your final challenge before reaching Idoun. Combat wise? It's not nearly as aggrivating as the Sniper-Boss, but still very deadily. This is after all the final challenge of the game.

I feel like pointing this out, there are no status staffs here. There's plenty of healing but no one will be slinging around Berserk with your limited number of units, inability to change teams between chapters, while the idea of the changes have been to make the map more challenging, more thematic with the story changes, and all around not something Roy can handle on his own. I'm not out to make you quit from frustrations or displeasure either.

This map is also still subject to change, not just with all the things I'll change when I get a tool that can edit text/portraits/animations without making the game cry for sweet release. While there is no such thing as 'true balance' bullshit difficulty is something I will be working to stop out as best I can.

Well... Final is still to come. And tomorrow I'll be doing a liveplay of C24, and then as today, changing up the units, the structure, and the very idea of Chapter Final.

Or you could just Warp Staff to the end, still a perfectly viable tactic.

Big thanks go out to Lis, Tacty, TBA, 2Deep, Bro, Anna, And everyone else who watched, offered suggestions, and helped make this a much more challenging, yet still fun chapter. It's awesome shooting the breeze with you guys.

if you think manaketes are too weak because divine weapons have effectiveness then why not give the ones in this chapter an identical class without the effectiveness

if you think manaketes are too weak because divine weapons have effectiveness then why not give the ones in this chapter an identical class without the effectiveness

Because then it's still incredibly boring. It's one enemy type, no effectiveness modifier, built like tanks, no strategy beyond "Hit Hard and Heal" Weapon Triangle is thrown out, everything beyond the ability to kill. It's just trading out "Roy can solo the chapter hence boring" for "Time for a slog of the same enemy 30 times." It wasn't fun in FE10, it wasn't fun any of the other times IntSys pulled that garbage, and to this day? Still not fun.

If I can come up with an analogy, imagine training day in day out and pie-making camp, you learn to make the best damn pies in the world. Every damn test has been pie related and teaching you the mechanics of cooking the perfect pie. Then you get to the final test and the instructors go "Right. Go grill me a steak." That's the former endgame "All that weapon triangle, multiple classes, nonsense can go sit in a corner. Time to kill dragons forever"

Besides what logical reason can you give me for the exact same wardragons seen throughout the game not taking effective damage from the weapons that slaughtered them enmasse for the past 1000 years and the rest of the game.

It also means wasting a class slot. for what are quite frankly superfuous chapters, because C22 already served as an effective capstone.

EDIT: Huh, upon reflection, this could seem to be me having a go at you Jubby, so just confirming I'm not

Or why just not scrap the divine weapon effectiveness entirely, frankly.

It'd make balancing for Idoun much easier too.

Because even without it she goes down in two turns. You have 10 units, she starts alone with two Manaketes. Maximum HP any unit can have in FE6 is 80. Unless I make her defense so ridiculous that 80 damage can't be dealt in a turn, which pretty much requires I drive it up to cap and Anyone without Apocalypse/Durandal and as close to 30 strength as their respective class can get might as well sit about twiddling their thumbs.

It's the tedium thing. What's the point in letting you get to this point and then going "Right. Now you guys go sit in a corner thumbing your assholes, you three with the actual damage output go do that, everyone else spam heals."

It wasn't fun when Ashnard pulled that garbage, it wasn't fun when Banpresto rocketed up the HP Regen, gave every unit 100,000s of HP, and slapped barriers on everything. It certainly isn't fun now.

So yeah I tried it that way. It did not work. It just replaced ease with tedium. What I have planned? Should work out.

Edited by Onmi

but... what... okay

i got all excited seeing the CH 24 thing...

so im guessing sooner rather than later?

No. It wont be out for a while. As I've explained before, FEditor doesn't work with FE6, not without causing two bugs that cripple the game (Storage is broken, Fa's animation is broken) That means no edited text or animations or portraits or anything.

The game looks unprofessional right now, and frankly I don't want to release it in such a state.

Anyway I will be livestreaming C24 today, very soon. So anyone who wants to come in and see how the chapter plays is more than welcome to. The channel is here.

And if you stick around you'll be able to offer placement advice during Chapter Final.

i'm not saying leave it with all manaketes like it was in the original, i'm saying you could make them not be the absolute shittiest unit on the map by doing something like that.

logically, idk, i was kinda thinking divine protection or w/e, as they seem to throw up that excuse fairly often in these games

since you can expand the class table to include 0xFF/255 slots idk that "it'll waste a class slot" is really a valid argument against it but :P

and don't worry i didn't think you were having a go

Well we sculpted Final all right, but there was a problem. kind of a major one too. I ramped up the difficulty more than 10 units could handle. I thought it was fine and would add 5 more unit slots to 24 and Final.

Big mistake as it turns out. There's a lot of ASM that looks up what units you brought to C24 to bring them to Final. And I have no idea what any of it means. I tried forcing a preparations screen and letting you choose whoever, but again it somehow mucked up.

I'll be scaling it back for now. (Otherwise you're very likely to not survive turn 1. Unless you have a Warp-staff, then the map is trivial as always) But in the future I would like to revisit this idea.

Lets go over Final by the way

317bjvd.jpg

As it is right now, this chapter can not be beat without at least a warp-staff and dancer (or 2 warps, they are buyable from C16's Secret Shop), or very defensive inclined units. It'll be a lot more survivable once final AI corrections are done. So lets go over the obvious concerns right now.

1. "Why is there an Evil Roy?"

It's not, I needed to put in a stand-in for Hartmut W/ Sword of Seals. Since there were a lot of requests for Hartmut to be represented with both the SoS and the Eckesachs. for now, the stand-in is one King and one Master Lord. It's not permanent

2. "Holy balls were so many units necessary?"

No. Probably not. In fact once AI corrections are done I'll still probably cull them back. All things considered. 35 is much too high in too cramped quarters for 10 units to handle, Unless they are very defensive inclined.

I believe 15 is enough, but as mentioned above, I have yet to somehow get the game to allow 15 player units into Final. I'm currently trying to both force an Intemission screen (Success) and actually let you choose units (It has a problem with that last bit despite all my pushing)

Even then, with no real chokepoints beyond the opening, a swarm of 1-2 Dragons who may die like wheat, but leave lasting damage with each fallen body, and plenty of siege weaponry. This is a very difficult map. Infact I would even call it unfair, hence why Intend to purge a few units.

3. "Is this even winnable?"

Totally. Idoun still goes down in 3 hits or a crit. Warp in Roy and his support partners, actually right now the effective modifiers are as such that Fa can even land the 1st hit, followed by Roy doubling.

It skips the whole challenge of the map, But that's sort of the theme of the map "We must defeat Idoun before we are killed." A warp is a perfectly valid way of achieving that goal.

There are basically 3 Groups of units we should talk about

"The Boss Guard"

Jahn has relocated to this map, aside Idoun, A Master-Lord with the Sword of Seals is to her right, and at her front is a King with the Eckesachs. Eventually the Master Lord and King will be folded into a single unit, and I'll have to connoct a new third guardian. I only ever intend to use the Master Lord class as an enemy in one, very specific chapter.

"The Crusaders"

Returning from the previous map, the Crusaders are here. unmoving, to stop your path. They are much easier to handle without thrones to bolster there avoid and defense. In front of them is the Crusader-Guard. The idea is to place each of every promoted class not featured as a crusader. With obvious filler at the moment.

"The Dragons"

One Dragon is a joke, 3 is as well, but with numbers they may die, but they will destroy. The Dragons Mouth will charge you relentlessly to take you down. Those flame-pillars still reinforce the area with more Manaketes, so you will constantly be fending them off. They are not hard to kill, really. It's the counter damage that gets you. It may, in fact, be better to switch out of your Dragon Killers to stop the onslaught. Keep up formation, you should keep alive.

Also I'm not the only one who thinks I've kind of made a dragons face if ya squint?

Anyway voice your concerns here, I'll either have a chance to calm them and/or you'll bring to light a very proper complaint I can try to fix.

EDIT EDIT:

Cut Idea: I intended to the best of my ability reconstruct the FE7 army in here. Because if nothing else I would have had fun. Ultimately though that had nothing to do with the crusaders or Idoun or anything to do with FE6. And so was cut. Sacred Contention already exists after all.

Edited by Onmi