Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i haven't followed this hack, but from what i read on the features and this update, i might give it a try, but i have to ask the following, is the link that says that promotes roy on chapter 16/x is the full hack or we have to wait for another release?

Can I just ask why you're putting in siege weaponry on a cramped map like this?

And I kinda see the dragon face too

To keep you charging. If you stand back you will be swarmed and torn apart by the enemy, or at least that's the idea.

I kinda agree, cramming all those units together is bleh. And some of them don't move(or did I misread that)? You could just turtle then, couldn't you?

You could, but you would probably die. Idoun would be blasting you from across the map, and those dragons are only a whimper if you don't get hit fighting them. eventually damage would stack up and not in your favor.

looks like a bunch of lazy chapter design to me

"hey let's diarrhea units in a neat pattern on the map"

Actualy didn't really have a pattern in mind just "I don't want the player to be ending Idoun in one turn, I want to set up a blockade to stop them, I want to theme it, without (for now) changing the map.

Still you bring up the point of it being lazy chapter design. I can always change this later by physically changing the map (Which I would honestly prefer to do. As soon as I figure out the more crazy elements of Final's event layout)

So... Noted.

i haven't followed this hack, but from what i read on the features and this update, i might give it a try, but i have to ask the following, is the link that says that promotes roy on chapter 16/x is the full hack or we have to wait for another release?

Oh come on it's not even been a new page! I already explained this!

understand that there is a difference between strategy and tedium

there is not really any intrinsic value to preventing a map from being 1-turned or 2-turned. the goal that you should strive for is to make that feat modestly challenging. a good example to reference would be FE12's endgame map. the objective of that map is not quite as simple as to run marth up and annihilate medeus, yet people still figured out how to 1-turn or 2-turn it anyway.

the limitation of FE6 endgame's map design is definitely a barrier. you really can't do much, but i'm certain that you can do far better than the equivalent of a jackson pollock done in enemy units.

Edited by dondon151

In fairness, it's more fun to make it legitimately difficult. More time consuming, sure, but I don't think that's a bad thing, which is why I like making Manaketes balls of HP and Defense and Strength you have to use strategy to work around.

After all, isn't making the game more fun the entire point?

• 1 month later...

So I've been working on the map for the new Chapter Final, and have finished mapping out the games new timeline.

33 Main chapters

4 Gaiden Chapters

7 'Unique' Chapters

Right now we need 2 things

1. Someone needs to trace the storage routine in FE6, so we can fix that bug after FEditor breaks it.

2. We need a 'Support Convo Availability' editor. As one currently doesn't exist for FE6

So until then, lets leave you with some stuff that's been worked on

8rPfZS8.png

aTkqvQb.gif

aNlk6RW.png

6gepup7.gif

MrOuwqe.gif

5YTFiMl.gif

FkHickR.gif

2q24v7p.jpg

The majority of these animations are in their prototype stages, not yet fully cleaned up. or finalized. still. I hope that in the future I'll be able to show you these animations in game. without any nasty storage bug.

I will reiterate again, for all those who doubt, that I'm not leaving FE6 for FE7 or 8. The advantages of using the 6 base fit my needs more than the advantages of 7 or 8. The only way I would ever leave would be for something with more advantages then all three. that suited my needs.

And with that said, have a good day/night/whatever your time zone currently is

Edited by Onmi

I like the battle sprites, except that the armor knight girl's head looks extremely plopped on. It also stays at the exact same angle for every frame of the attack which is very similar to roys attack in how his head always faces forwards, even when his body is doing 180's on the return frames. Look into at least slightly changing the direction of her eyes on the attack and return frames where the body changes angles, that'll help a lot.

I 've downloaded your hack and just finished chapter 1 but I saw no changes (no Canto for mounted units - Lance , Alan and marcus can't move after attacking , no Str/Mg split displayed) , it 's like the original rom except the language in the patch is English

I 've downloaded your hack and just finished chapter 1 but I saw no changes (no Canto for mounted units - Lance , Alan and marcus can't move after attacking , no Str/Mg split displayed) , it 's like the original rom except the language in the patch is English

The patch in the 1st patch just changes the promotion time for Roy to Chapter 16. He hasn't released anything else.

It's really weird, cause I could have sworn I labeled that patch very clearly.

I know that there's a big desire to see a patch more completed, trust me, more than anything else I want that to be the case. But the fact is it isn't and wont be until that last bug is fixed. I don't know when that will be, I honestly don't know what I'm looking for, most of the people I've gone to either don't have that skill, but wont give up trying something, or do have that skill and simply wont raise a finger. That is unfortunately the case.

All I can do is work on everything else in the outset. You wont be getting the latest patch because it's nothing but stat changes and other poorly inserted additions.

When the animations and names can be inserted, and the text fixed up, and it's finally a product I can release without feeling ashamed then yes. You can get your hands on it.

I am sorry that this is still being delayed. But there is literally nothing I can do. I lack the skills, the people working on it lack the skills, and the people with the skills wont work on it.

• 4 weeks later...

So by the good graces of smarter people we just got units to properly escape from the map in an escape event. should be fun to throw you guys for a loop every now and then.

Edited by Onmi

So by the good graces of smarter people we just got units to properly escape from the map in an escape event. should be fun to throw you guys for a loop every now and then.

Nice.

Also (just want to make sure so I know if I didn't screw up), when you apply the patch to an FE6 rom, it's supposed to revert back to Japanese, right? Because that's what happened to mine. the translation patch still worked, though.

EDIT: Nvm, it works.

Edited by Rokklaggio

• 3 months later...

jRH707c.jpg

Just posting a status update. We're working on the Female Warrior and Guinevere Lord right now. And just as a request, if there is someone who has skill with Map Sprite design, we could use a hand in that. If not, I'm sure I'll figure something out.

And because I know you guys love looking at incomplete animations and animation we've tested in FE7 but not 6 yet. When the hack is finally released I'll probably release a package of all the animations, and if I don't... eh you can rip em.

fZaLFw6.gif

nb5xeJW.gif

dODero9.gif

cEzefFt.gif

1wnoZUo.gif

vL81kW3.gif

... coolio

any development's on the actual game though?

I did most of that in the whole 3 years it took before FEditor was working. Now I'm mostly inserting animations and sprites. We're moving towards 1.0 right now, which is just all the new mechanics and mostly the same plot, with obvious changes due to combined routes and new characters. From THERE we will move onto the main event editing plot changes.

The only mechanic things I've changed recently was repointing all the important tables, and hacking in escape chapters.

Are you looking for critique on those? Magic using roy is pretty cool.

No. Just showing them off. I mean if you see something mechanically wrong with them like a super extended arm then feel free to point it out.

Edited by Onmi

call me nitpicky but i'm a bit confused why hector's iron axe animation seems to use armads

The same reason Roys Magic animation is using an Iron Sword. For testing purposes.

Actually it's because Hector has a fondness for large axes. Since he misses the weight of Armades Only Eliwood has a special animation for Durandal now.

If it's that big of a problem, I will change the axe's colour and/or design, but it doesn't bug me too much.

Edited by Onmi