Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgive me if this was explained before, but why is roy using magic again?

It's fine I didn't explain it before here.

Real Life: Because I wanted to round out the triangle with Roy being Swords/Dark, Lilina being Anima/Axe and Guinevere being Light/Lance. Because I'm a god damn sucker for themeing.

In-Game: Spoilers. But in what I can say, through the Fire Emblem, hence why he's holding the gem as his focus.

so the Elibe Fire emblem is a source of occult sorcery now? that's a little strange considering it never really showed powers of dark magic in any of the Elibe Games...

no all it showed was magical artifact BS.

Edited by ShinyPichu

so the Elibe Fire emblem is a source of occult sorcery now? that's a little strange considering it never really showed powers of dark magic in any of the Elibe Games...

Well they kind of had it with the other regions(ex: fe8), but idk

It's a stretch but it's interesting nonetheless.

Well they kind of had it with the other regions(ex: fe8), but idk

It's a stretch but it's interesting nonetheless.

Occult? Not really. It was created however and it is a font of something. If I had to explain my reasoning for this in-game is that I've always been curious as to why Elibe is known as "The Dark Continent". And when me and Arch sat down and talked about plot stuff we talked about the FE and sussed out a good backstory idea for it.

So we got the idea for why Roy has Dark Magic (well, really Ancient/Knowledge Based magic) and why the FE lets him focus it, and what the FE is even made out of and stuff like that.

I don't want to say it here because, ya know, spoilers, I gotta have something to keep as a surprise

The same reason Roys Magic animation is using an Iron Sword. For testing purposes.

Actually it's because Hector has a fondness for large axes. Since he misses the weight of Armades Only Eliwood has a special animation for Durandal now.

If it's that big of a problem, I will change the axe's colour and/or design, but it doesn't bug me too much.

I think what's more odd and stand-out is that despite their age, they are attacking and moving exactly as they had almost twenty years earlier. Obviously this is because their new animations are essentially edits of their FE7 counterparts, but it still stands out against the lore of the game.

I think what's more odd and stand-out is that despite their age, they are attacking and moving exactly as they had almost twenty years earlier. Obviously this is because their new animations are essentially edits of their FE7 counterparts, but it still stands out against the lore of the game.

They're 37 each. Marcus hasn't changed in 20 years, Neither has Bartre, or Karel. Dieck fights exactly like Ogier who is in his teens while Dieck is in his 30's.

Douglas in his 50's has the same animation as Wendy in her teens (For now), Hugh is 22 but looks like the same little boy that Lugh does at 13. And why would they change their style of fighting? I could make them move slower but hey, they're only 37. They have about 5 years before they prime. I get what you're saying in that it's kind of weird but it's not like one of them suffered a deliberating injury.

Edited by Onmi

Isn't Eliwood also sick and stricken with frailty during the early events of FE6?

Regardless, you've excused yourself in a rather conservative manner, so there's nothing to really make good on your part. It only leaves a noticeable wink that this is a fan project.

Isn't Eliwood also sick and stricken with frailty during the early events of FE6?

Regardless, you've excused yourself in a rather conservative manner, so there's nothing to really make good on your part. It only leaves a noticeable wink that this is a fan project.

What are you talking about?

Eliwood is spry and healthy.

U5I4oHo.jpg

He still has a good reason for not doing anything, but it also explains why he joins the party in the Lycia Counterattack arc.

So who's the bows/staves lord

Merlinus, who's might was so powerful he had to be folded into Roy.

On a completely unrelated note I figured out how to turn Roy into Storage proper, it's not just a simple ability change either, since there's a bit of ASM that looks at the character slot not the class slot. Don't mind those Armor Knights and the General, I was just testing something.

9c7QzXf.jpg

Edited by Onmi

@ Omni hello there i just read all the 20 page of this topic and i can only say gg to your hack :D (wich isnt released yet) and wish u good luck in your Work/progress !

(sry my english is bad i hope u know what i meant here).

Finally one off topic question does Guy is still dead in that temporality ?

• 2 weeks later...

@ Omni hello there i just read all the 20 page of this topic and i can only say gg to your hack :D (wich isnt released yet) and wish u good luck in your Work/progress !

(sry my english is bad i hope u know what i meant here).

Finally one off topic question does Guy is still dead in that temporality ?

Thank you? I'm not sure what you mean about Guy since he's an FE7 character and this hack is very much a celebration of FE6, so the FE7 characters who return in some way are very limited, such as direct relatives or close characters therefore of.

As for Guy, yeah he's probably dead. In fact if you don't see them appear you can pretty much assume they died if they didn't live in Etruria or Bern.

Anyway, have this nice image of Elphins new battle animation, his promoted Animation when completed wont be posted here, but that's because it's a massive surprise and I like to have a few of those in stock.

lKk7FhM.gif

If your curious as to the Changes in the Bard, they are a Light-Magic class, and you can consider Elphin to be a Semi-Lord, he can't seize thrones and he can technically be killed, but he has a unique promotion item (one of only 3, the other two being for Lilina and Guinevere) and a unique class. Though functionally he acts as a Monk, his promotion gains and weapons are different.

He also can't sing, two Refreshers is an utterly absurd concept, so Lalum is taking over full refresher roles, and thus doesn't promote or have the ability to attack... For now you know, I could always change my mind later on. But really the desire is to just get 1.0 out as fast as possible.

I would also like to inform the thread that female Armors and Generals will no longer be getting unique attack animations. It's not that we didn't want to do them, but it added 6 extra weapon animations to the backlog, for frankly something that doesn't need to be done. Much like Lalum promoting or having a weapon, I'm not ruling out that we wont ever go back to the idea, but for now the focus is on the classes who need it, like the Female Soldier and the Female Warrior. Both of which have been completed and work in game.

imUrYlf.gif

nCoGY5B.gif

Thanks to Lowen and Geitz, who took the time to crossdress so we could show these off. Again, these work perfectly fine in FE6 and 7, so despite them being shown off in 7 they don't cause any issues.

Well then, I'll see you all when I have the next status update.

The females seem all fine and dandy, but who exactly would be a female soldier or female warrior...? My only guesses would be Wendy for soldier(but that would remove the armor knight triangle, which was sort of exclusive to fe6) and Enchidna(who is already a female hero, seems unnecessary).
Or was this already addressed some random page ago.

I'm also not sure about having a blind(or randomly blind, whatever it is) man actually be in full fledged combat. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I don't really agree with it.

The females seem all fine and dandy, but who exactly would be a female soldier or female warrior...? My only guesses would be Wendy for soldier(but that would remove the armor knight triangle, which was sort of exclusive to fe6) and Enchidna(who is already a female hero, seems unnecessary).

Or was this already addressed some random page ago.

I'm also not sure about having a blind(or randomly blind, whatever it is) man actually be in full fledged combat. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just saying I don't really agree with it.

Dorothy and Mary. Also he's perfectly fine, music guides his soul, if he can sing and dodge he can play "Holy Lonely Light" long enough to cast.

This is partially addressed on page 1, I do every now and then update it.

EDIT: I mean cripes the Soldier was specifically made to invoke Dorothy...

Edited by Onmi

Dorothy and Mary.

DOROTHY PROMOTES TO A WARRIOR?! Onmi, I love you. <3

EDIT: Never mind, she's a soldier, apparently. -_-

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, she's a Warrior after all.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: NEVER MIND. She's a soldier.

Edited by GarlandDaHero

...Why is dorothy now a soldier?
I'm assuming this is because there are 4 archers in fe6, but... That really doesn't fit imo.

Mary is Lott's sister's, right?

As for elphin, 'whatever' is honestly my only response lol

Wait, edit, Dorothy promotes to warrior and Mary is a soldier? That makes a lot more sense then(I figured Mary was the fighter/warrior because of lott).

Edited by Kitty of Time

...Why is dorothy now a soldier?

I'm assuming this is because there are 4 archers in fe6, but... That really doesn't fit imo.

Mary is Lott's sister's, right?

As for elphin, 'whatever' is honestly my only response lol

Wait, edit, Dorothy promotes to warrior and Mary is a soldier? That makes a lot more sense then(I figured Mary was the fighter/warrior because of lott).

Because as you said, there were 4 archers, I needed to balance out the classes. It makes more sense for a squishy monk to have a study soldier to protect him, not an archer who needs as much protection. Mary is in fact Lott's sister and comes as a Fighter.

I cut down on how many Cavs there were, I pumped up the more lacking classes, I set about to give them all something unique about them so your choice isn't just Growth Rate but "Hey Ogier gets his nice unique sword. But Dieck has a good Axe Rank, and a unique Spotlight Mission, But then we have Noah who's also got a Spotlight, and he's very sword focused"

You know, give the player a reason to experiment on repeat playthroughs. Keeping the spirit of FE6 alive while changing it up.

DOROTHY PROMOTES TO A WARRIOR?! Onmi, I love you. <3

EDIT: Never mind, she's a soldier, apparently. -_-

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, she's a Warrior after all.

No she's a Soldier

Hey Omni, is there a comprehensive list of who's been (re)classed to what? Just curious.

Sure

Noah - Mercenary

Treck - Soldier

Zealot - Halberdier

Dorothy - Soldier

Lilina - Duchess (Working Class name)

And the new characters

Nino/Lily - Sage

Erk - Mage Knight

Lyn - Blade Lord

Hector - Great Lord

Eliwood - Knight Lord

Erik - Halberdier

Guinevere - Princess (Working class name)

Mary - Fighter

Oh. Dammit.

She's kind of completely unsuited to be a fighter body-type wise. Where as Marys design is more Echidna-Lite. Where as she's perfect to be a Soldier both storywise (She's protecting Saul, a squishy monk, so she soaks up the hits and dishes them out, but not as great as an armor knight, while maintaining an armor set that works with her body type) and gameplay wise (When we're introduced to Saul and Dorothy, she's in a perfect position to team with him as a soldier, as an Archer she's horrifically out matched)

She's kind of completely unsuited to be a fighter body-type wise. Where as Marys design is more Echidna-Lite. Where as she's perfect to be a Soldier both storywise (She's protecting Saul, a squishy monk, so she soaks up the hits and dishes them out, but not as great as an armor knight, while maintaining an armor set that works with her body type) and gameplay wise (When we're introduced to Saul and Dorothy, she's in a perfect position to team with him as a soldier, as an Archer she's horrifically out matched)

No, I mean, why couldn't you just make her an archer that promotes to Warrior?

No, I mean, why couldn't you just make her an archer that promotes to Warrior?

Because you still have the problem that she's not built to be a Warrior.

Edit: Also I'm not sure Omni wants to do split class promotion.

Edited by shinpichu