Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current balance is that pre-promotes have higher growths than unpromoted units, but average out as essentially a 20/10 character. They will never be the best . But there is no penalization for using them essentially.

Think Camus or Titania when it comes to growths.

So an Oifey? Well, that's good. Thank you for answering.

I think you mispelled Dyrnwyn on that 3rd screen... :sweatdrop:

And holy shit, 7 damage, Rapier-effective, and 1-2 range. That sure is one heck of a sword... 0 Wgt does sound a bit silly though. Since it's Roy exclusive, might as well make it equal or inferior to his Con?

I have to agree with Mia on this one. Even though having it magically weightless would go along with it's 1-2 magic range, I still think it's rather absurd and overly complicated an explanation

I think you mispelled Dyrnwyn on that 3rd screen... :sweatdrop:

And holy shit, 7 damage, Rapier-effective, and 1-2 range. That sure is one heck of a sword... 0 Wgt does sound a bit silly though. Since it's Roy exclusive, might as well make it equal or inferior to his Con?

Oh I removed weight. I took a long time to come to that conclusion and since the enemies are plenty challenging I just did it.

Hmm, never was a fan of removing weight, it never made sense to me from a logical sense nor from a gameplay stance(although fe9/10/13 weight was pretty much negligible after a certain point). I'm assuming you've tested the difficulty without weight as a factor, so I'm looking forward to see how it plays out.

Edited by Kitty of Time

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sykes is based of of Bill Sykes from Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist and the musical adaption Oliver!

Bill Sykes-Bill=Sykes

Bill Sykes wears a longcoat and is an expert swordfighter. (as seen in the musical)

Okay, MAYBE a little loose.

Edited by Ninian

Oh I removed weight. I took a long time to come to that conclusion and since the enemies are plenty challenging I just did it.

Okay.

I really need to know how this is justified, and what steps you're taking so that this doesn't completely break weapon balance.

Shadow Dragon's weapon weight problems were just a result of making the weapon weights too low so that it becomes a non-factor by midgame.New Mystery? "Oh look, a Steel Sword. Guess there's no point in using an Iron Sword anymore!" It made the weapon durability the sole reason to keep holding on to lower tier weapons. FE GBA's weapon weight at least gave players a reason for Alan to use an Iron Sword instead of an Iron Blade.

Removing weapon weight entirely from a game that uses it well, though possibly imperfectly? I... I don't even... please help me understand this...

Its gonna be fun giving Fir a Steel Blade and watching her wreck everything. Fire Emblem in my opinion is forming a new era of no weapon weight. Still I like this hack being open source so I can make my own balance changes if I see something i didn't like. If it were up to me though, I would go the Mageknight404 route and reduce weapon weight by 2 except for weapons that have 5 or less weight, therefore low CON units would be more usable with Steel weapons

Edited by thetiger39

Yeah I also disagree with weapons having no weight, although lowering weight (by 1-2) across the board would have been fine.

For instance, Peg Knights being able to use Steel Lances and double just kind of... removed the point of their restrictions (Low Mgt). Myrmidons?

Hit rates could be an argument but not really if they're increasing back up to standard fare (FE7).

For instance, Peg Knights being able to use Steel Lances and double just kind of... removed the point of their restrictions (Low Mgt). Myrmidons?

#FE13LOGIC

I hate 90% of the mechanics and liberties FE13 took with FE gameplay but it did attract more fans, even if they're terrible noob scrubs but I pray they fix these things in the next game.

#FE13LOGIC

I hate 90% of the mechanics and liberties FE13 took with FE gameplay but it did attract more fans, even if they're terrible noob scrubs but I pray they fix these things in the next game.

Some were cool. Pair up was a nice idea, if really OP. Being able to pick and choose skills was sweet. But we really do need weight and con back.

#FE13LOGIC

Unfortunately -- given its popularity, I feel those mechanics are here to stay.

They'll always be fan games, I suppose. Some on the horizon also looking excellent so I'm not too worried (Remakes in XNA inc...). :):

(Sorry if off-topic!).

#FE13LOGIC

To be fair that came with FE12, which didn't even come here.

• 1 month later...

To be fair that came with FE12, which didn't even come here.

I have to point out that FE11 and 12 were remakes of classic NES games. Putting WT in those games would have been a very unfaithful remake.

FE13 was a whole new game though. Not having WT led to all dozens of imbalances.