Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

What's the status on this project? I'm really looking forward to it. Is the link in the original post the latest version?

Not released yet, he's pretty much done, iirc, but wants to finish the whole thing before release.

I have to point out that FE11 and 12 were remakes of classic NES games. Putting WT in those games would have been a very unfaithful remake.

FE13 was a whole new game though. Not having WT led to all dozens of imbalances.

You're saying adding weapon weight is unfaithful

in the remake and first game ever that added reclassing? :p

Edited by L95

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to point out that FE11 and 12 were remakes of classic NES games. Putting WT in those games would have been a very unfaithful remake.

both FE1 and 3 had weight, though...? the only unfaithful thing here was FE11's use of strength to offset its effect on attack speed, which frankly is a huge improvement everything pre-FE5 sorely needed

both FE1 and 3 had weight, though...? the only unfaithful thing here was FE11's use of strength to offset its effect on attack speed, which frankly is a huge improvement everything pre-FE5 sorely needed

Which started with the Tellius games, didn't it? Pretty much the only classes that had to deal with weapon weight after a certain point were mages.

Edited by Alg

Lol, still haven't heard a reasonable argument for why there's no weapon weight.

Oh well, guess there's no reason to use Alan/Lance/Bors/Noah/Treck/Zealot earlygame, I'll just have Thany equip a Javelin and demolish everything.

#totallythoughtthisonethrough

Edited by Kysafen

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eCut, March 29, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by eCut, March 29, 2014 - No reason given

<double post>

Edited by Kysafen

Onmi, if you can see this, I just want to tell you that you should, at the top of the OP, put something that says the patch at the bottom is not the final version.

People are probably getting confused because, at the top, there says something about the Chapter 24 enemies being fixed.

And tbh, why can't people just check the sentence right above the download. I mean, come on.

Edited by PixelmanFE

I saw somewhere Echidna was getting 'toned down'. I hope that doesn't mean 'nerfed to all get out' because I like my female Heroes. I like my Heroes in general, really, they were using Aether before Ike was even conceptualized. (Dat crit animation).

I'm quite pumped for this release. My general distaste for Roy originates from FE6's general ... mechanical absurdity, let's call it. A properly balanced patch would be excellent since FE6 does have a ridiculously kick-ass story. A band of heroes collecting the legendary weapons to fight the second coming of a dragon invasion? Even Roy barely managed to screw up my enjoyment of the game.

• 2 months later...

Any news on a potential release date or any news in particular about this patch? I've been dying for something like this considering this is my all time favorite Fire Emblem game. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...