Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Seals - The Divine War: Ontrack for a 2014 Release

Onmi

Voted!

I wanna add the pairing Lyn/Rath to parenting Sue and the (unofficial) pairing Oswen/Serra for Bors & Wendy's parents.

I'll love also to know what was the fate of the inheritor of the house of Cornwell (Raven, Priscilla + Lucius & Erk?). They should appears in some new chapter (at least as NPC).

Some other characters from Blazing Sword should also make a brief comeo (Pent, Louise, Vaida, Harken, Isadora, Geitz, Wallace, Renaud)

You should also introduce the Tactician in the story..

I'll loved to see some joigned ending as FE7 and FE8's for the most important pairing (for exemple Fyr/Noah, Igrene/Astol or Sue/Shin of they get an A-support)

I appreciate the fact their's no longer Splited path... That's something that frustrated me in most Fire Emblem. For the case Lalam/Elphim I propose you to "change" the classe of Elphim to a "magic" bard (like Levin in FE4) or as a Monk (FE7 Lucius & FE8 Arthur's class)

Seperate Magic and Strenght is a wonderfull idea (in my opinion). To take more benefit of it, you should create more magic sword (and some Florete like Mist's in FE10). This also need units which can use both (like FE4 Mage Fighter/Knight or FE4/9 Valkiries)

And Canto is a benediction! As well as Roy earlier promotion!

Check the OP, Lyn/Rath is only a parenting if Eliwood/Lyn and Hector/Lyn don't happen. I am not adding Oswen/Serra specificly because it's an unofficial pairing.

Maybe I'll do something about the Inheritors of house Cornwell. Although my original idea was to kill Raven and Priscilla in Chapter 3 (Old) as a lead in to Option two for Hector (Originally the map would start with Hector and his army, then after a certain amount of turns those two would die. Then Roy would arrive). I take it that's not what people had in mind.

Vaida and Heath also have the unfortunate of me wanting to make them Named bosses for Bern, who could NOT be convinced by Eliwood, Hector or Lyn, meaning you would have to kill them. I assumed however that I would drive people to kill me. Pent and Louise may appear in the Etruria arc, Wolt mentions Louise in the new supports with Roy. Harken and Isadora haven't been thought of at all, though the Chief Village features Rebecca and her husband, they give Wolt a Prf Weapon. In fact each of the villages give a Prf weapon to one of your starting units. (along side the other stuff) Geitz might appear, if only to give a Prf Weapon to Geese. Wallace and Renauld however? no chance.

The Tactician is not coming back, he was just a nameless faceless generic with no change to anything. I don't see why we need him.

There will be as many paired endings as I can make fit. Fir and Noah especially, you don't confess your love to one another and then not get an ending!

Well I would if I could get Elphin to double attack reliably. In fact he was originally going to promote into a Swordmaster with Play, Light magic and swords (Especially since Roy's second tier weapon is the Joyeuse, an Etrurian royal blade meant for the next in line) He's definitely not becoming a monk however.

Unfortunately my 'split' of magic and attack is just an interchange of the same stat. I believe someone on ChinaFE figured out how to add Magic in as a separate stat, but as it stands while that magic is lost we've just got melee units able to use magic animations (Guinevere uses Light magic, and swords. And god willing, Axes on Lilina)

Apparently a lot of people are totally cool with Roy's 45% strength growth though, Christ people, you no longer get the chance to bitch about his low attack strength, you brought this on yourselves.

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Y'know, you can just bump it up to 50%.

Yeah no. 5/2 is 2.3% Rounded down to 2. If it was 3 I would round up to 5 but it gets rounded down again to 0. And before anyone goes "Oh his dragon blood is boosting his growths" there is no proof that a quarter dragon blood would boost enything. Sophia is certainly an argument that Half-Blood does nothing. You can not round up 2.3 to 5, it's nowhere near halfway. You can't round 2 up to 5 for the same reason. 3% sure I'll give him the extra 5. If I start making exceptions for her, I'm going to have to go around boosting everyone's growths again. No one else needs the handicap except Ninian. And yes I did swap the mage mother into being the default parent for the Twins. Something that IIRC Briggid does. because her son inherits her inventory. Or maybe it's simply limited to her inventory. If it isn't hell I can swap them back. People are going to end up with less growths on the twins, but they would still be consistently able to go.

This isn't me being cruel to Ninian, She's only got 5% strength growth. She's a dancer, not a warrior. Hey at least you can sink your energy rings into Roy to make up for it. I'm just saying, no bitching at Roy not having any strength, when you all made the choice consciously. I didn't vote, I didn't try to steer the votes in any direction, I left it all up to you guys. Roy's growth base is already the catastrophically high 490%

How does Wolt know Louise? And yeah, wut with everyone using magic and weapons?

And there're mapping tutorials in the spriting board.

How does...

Okay deranger follow me on this. How does the Archer, with the (From the looks of the votes) parents who were also archers who served along side the former Archery general of Etruria, one of the largest nations on the continent, who works underneath Eliwood, who also knew Louise, and serves his son, Roy, who would undoubtedly know about Louise simply from his fathers political dealings... not know about Louise.

Especially considering that Wolt works as Roy's bodyguard, and is essentially his brother.

Or the really short answer? he was told about her when Roy went to Ostia to train under Cecilia, especially since Wolt would have trained his own archery skills while there.

I know about the mapping tutorials you made. I've read them. My problem is bad eyesight which means the 'grass road' panels pretty much blend into one another and I'm just left with a headache and next to no progress. same with making mountains, I'm very poor at distinguishing all the tiny details.

... Wow I came off as really snippy, I apologize for that.

Oh right, some units use magic and weapons because... well why the hell not? Magic is directed by talent and talent alone. Nothing to do with blood or heritage. Roy even tried his hand at it, he just wasn't any good.

The patch that Nintenlord made for the Str/Mag Split, means either unit can use the others weapons while playing the correct animation for both weapon types (Otherwise sword-users wind up raising their swords for regular attacks) It's certainly not going to be all of them. Right now it's limited to Guinevere, Lilina if I can beg someone to make me an Axe-Using Lilina sprite and... Yeah that sums it up. Certainly not everyone

I was under the impression the patch caused problems.

Also, I hope you realize that there's no such thing as an Etrurian Archery General.

And theres some setting in the mappy text document called zoom or something, that if you change from 0 to 1, will zoom the tileset with the map when you zoom in.

I was under the impression the patch caused problems.

Also, I hope you realize that there's no such thing as an Etrurian Archery General.

And theres some setting in the mappy text document called zoom or something, that if you change from 0 to 1, will zoom the tileset with the map when you zoom in.

The only problem the Strength/Magic split ever caused for me was Staffs showing strength ranks.

I wasn't aware of that no, especially since Klein is considered a General, calls himself the weakest of the Generals, and of course this from the supports

Clarine: Of course! As the Sorcery General, I will help your work as the Archery General, and then we shall always be together!

Klein: Clarine... Let's try and be a little more realistic...

Clarine: Oh, it would be so wonderful to see us both in the elegant uniform of the Etrurian Generals...

Now you may be correct that Louise was never the archery general, I should go check that.

EDIT: Yeah Louise was never the archery general, Still considering Louise supports Rebecca, and Rebecca is Wolt's mother, 6 degree's of seperation

Also I use Tiled not mappy.

Edited by Onmi

The Strength/Magic split causes problems during levelups, as well as whenever you suspend/resume. Whether or not it has been for you, that means that A) you haven't used up enough space in the RAM yet (aka you have a very small amount of units and/or low-ish stats) or B) Nintenlord fixed something and I wasn't notified. Judging from the source I'm reading, though, it looks more like the former.

Edited by Camtech

The Strength/Magic split causes problems during levelups, as well as whenever you suspend/resume. Whether or not it has been for you, that means that A) you haven't used up enough space in the RAM yet (aka you have a very small amount of units and/or low-ish stats) or B) Nintenlord fixed something and I wasn't notified. Judging from the source I'm reading, though, it looks more like the former.

I've run up to the end game with the patch on, what problem with the level-up screen was I supposed to see?

Something like magic would spontaneously rise after battles or levelups or something. I forget what the exact details of the bug are, but it's something pretty significant (and it's intermittent, which makes things even worse).

Xeld's is a bit different. All his does is set 'Str' and 'Mag' to be read from the same value (for some ungodly reason they aren't already). NL's actually creates a new value in the RAM and allocates it (as well as a growth, statscreen, etc.). It's because of this that it runs into problems.

I wasn't aware of that no, especially since Klein is considered a General, calls himself the weakest of the Generals, and of course this from the supports

Clarine: Of course! As the Sorcery General, I will help your work as the Archery General, and then we shall always be together!

Klein: Clarine... Let's try and be a little more realistic...

Clarine: Oh, it would be so wonderful to see us both in the elegant uniform of the Etrurian Generals...

Now you may be correct that Louise was never the archery general, I should go check that.

EDIT: Yeah Louise was never the archery general, Still considering Louise supports Rebecca, and Rebecca is Wolt's mother, 6 degree's of seperation

Also I use Tiled not mappy.

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Etrurian_Generals

and I thought Tiled had a way to zoom in on both the Tiles and the Map.

Use mappy

I think it was possibly Xelds patch I was using anyway, considering it just replaced Str/Mag when checking for weapons, so that the correct animations would play. I just remember grabbing it from Nintenlords hacking utilities.

http://fireemblem.wi...rurian_Generals

and I thought Tiled had a way to zoom in on both the Tiles and the Map.

Use mappy

It's the Wiki vs the game. The game states Klein is the 'Archery General of Etruria' in his support with Clarine, He calls himself a General during his supports with Percival and Thite, though refers to himself as the weakest. It's entirely possible the Archery General is NOT one of the 'Three Generals of Etruria' But it's pretty hard to deny he's a general on the standing of the other Generals (considering his supports with them) and that he's at least once called the 'Archery General'

Klein: Thito.

Thito: General Klein! Is something wrong?

Klein: No, I'm fine. I just wanted to tell you something.

Thito: Tell me something?

Klein: Yes. When I hired you and your squad...I was hiring you as an Etrurian general.

Thito: ??? Yes, of course.

Klein: So if I weren't an Etrurian general, you would be free to do as you wish.

Klein: General Percival! It is good to see you again.

Percival: Klein. It is good to see you are well. It seems that you've gotten quite used to your position now.

Klein: Yes. Although, I'm still one of the least experienced and weakest generals...

Percival: Well, from the way I see it, those working under you are the luckier ones.

Klein: Excuse me.

Dieck: Do you need something, General Klein?

Klein: Dieck...you don't recognize me?

Klein: Pr-... I mean, Master Elphin! There you are.

Elphin: ...General Klein, might you spare a moment?

Klein: Yes? What is it?

Now what can we infer from supports? Klein is a General, he has been called the Archery General at least once, He's new to his position (possibly meaning the position itself is new) and he's considered the weakest (meaning least experienced because good LORD does Cecilia suck) While I am fully prepared to concede that Louise never was the Archery General, that does not change the fact that the position clearly exists.

---

Waiting for my editor to get back to me with the Roy/Guinevere supports and WOW I think those supports have gone through the most changes since I began writing them.

Originally Roy/Guinevere was more the two coming up with more absurd ways to court one another, with Guinevere being really upset in the A Support because she's not allowed to just confess her love, she has to fight with him, they break up, then when she's about to marry some other guy he's supposed to burst in on a horse and take her away. Roy then points out that's impossible, he doesn't know how to ride a horse.

The people I sent it to thought the supports were funny but... I don't know, they always struck me as insincere for the characters. While Roy is definitely better at showing his emotions when I write him, He's also stubborn and shy. That's not that their current A Support doesn't urk me anyway (I think it's way too melodramatic. For some reason I'm really terrible at concluding their A supports)

The progression is supposed to be

C Support: Roy encourages her to take to the field like the rest of them did, offers to fight at her side

B Support: Roy's exhausted from the constant fighting/late nights spent working out plans the the next days battles, that the exhaustion has taken it's toll on him. Guinevere recounts that she was really frightened after Chapter 9 (NEW) where Roy looked dead on the inside once the fighting was over. They tease one another for a bit, decide to drop the 'Princess/Lord' from each others names.

A Support: Roy is getting scared for Guinevere because the war is becoming more and more intense, and tries to force her away so that she'll be safe. She see's through it, they reconcile, warm feelings all around.

It's the way I've done Support A that doesn't sit well with me, far far too melodramatic. So it will probably undergo another rewrite.

---

Chapter 9 (NEW), I've referenced (NEW) and (OLD) tags before, but in short the former refers to a completely new chapter being slipping into position, while the latter refers to an original mission in the game. So 16 (OLD) says you can grasp what this mission is simply by looking at the current Chapter 16.

So what is Chapter 9 (NEW)? It's the true final chapter of the first Lycia arc, where Narshen arrives with his troops and threatens to storm the entire city. It's a War map (We've gone over them before) so the battlefield is actually quite large with a high turn count you have to survive. The setting is just outside the walls of Ostia (and the walls of the city if I have the right tile-set to represent) with Narshens overwhelming force swarming your position as you desperately try to hold them off. Now keep in mind for War Chapters you get a MUCH larger deployment limit. So you can feel free to feel like you're fielding an army. after all what's the point of having you face a horde of enemies and go "Right, here's 11 units, have fun with the 30 or so Dragon Riders trying to kill you" (Obviously not literally 30 Dragon Riders) It's a defense battle through and through. With a high turn limit TO survive. It's meant to give you the feeling of being haggard and beaten by a force of constantly renewed and refreshed enemies. meanwhile your still nursing your poor poor inventory from Chapter 7, 8 and 8x. You will eventually have to cede the various forts of the battle field and let the enemy gain ground. Of course I am a fair man, at no point will I ever make it impossible to clear a mission with all units alive.

Still Chapter 9 brings a proper conclusion to the arc, especially since I know some of you reached the end of 8x, saw Narshen ride up and go "Bitch Dieck just promoted and has Durandal, get your ass back here so I can smack you upside the head"

---

Food for thought, Oujay's title is "The Little Hero" the same as Roland. Oujay mini-arc for each of the Divine Weapons? Maybe, would give people a reason to use him even when Dieck and Noah fill the Mercenary spots.My overall desire for this hack is to give every unit their own thing.

Edited by Onmi

Just finished up the Roy/Eliwood supports (much more serious this time, though the second is still a bit funny. Not in the same way though) With the Variant A Support (Depending on mother, since Roy will find out the fate of each of his mothers)

Finished the Fiora unique content, Sigune/Eliwood Supports (Oh right, Sigune is recruitable no matter what, but Eliwood specifically can recruit her with Fiora as Roy's mother) and the Lyn/Eliwood supports if they were married. Waiting for my editor to get back to me with them.

I'll probably post the Fiora and Lyn stuff since they are... Well to put it politely? getting fucking slaughtered in that poll.

The reason no Ninian content has been written yet is... well.

NINIAN. IS. BORING. her death is "Got killed by the air" canonically, someone suggested finding the 4 Dancing Rings but there's no real point to it since FE8 doesn't have the abillity to let dancers use them. Roy being a quarter dragon comes up when talking to Yahn, so... the end game. There's no one interesting to interact with, no interesting lore to learn "Your mother was a dragon" "Yeah we established that. What else is there?" "The air killed her" "Fantastic."

Lyns alive, Fiora is- well you'll see, Ninian just... blaaaaaaah. And no, Roy can't get FE7 summed up, because he recognizes Fiora, Lyn and Ninian by description because Eliwood has told him the story many times. But seriously if you have suggestions, throw them at me cause I got nothing.

Edited by Onmi

It's the Wiki vs the game. The game states Klein is the 'Archery General of Etruria' in his support with Clarine, He calls himself a General during his supports with Percival and Thite, though refers to himself as the weakest. It's entirely possible the Archery General is NOT one of the 'Three Generals of Etruria' But it's pretty hard to deny he's a general on the standing of the other Generals (considering his supports with them) and that he's at least once called the 'Archery General'

Percival (post chapter 8x): "Yes, now isn't that something? Well, I must be off. Two of the three Etrurian Generals shouldn't be leaving the country for so long. Cecilia, can you take care of the rest?"

You're claiming the Archery General is a position created after the Lycian arc of FE6? Klein's a general, but he's not on equal standing with the three. Wolt supports Roy, but that doesn't mean he's heir to shit.

Percival (post chapter 8x): "Yes, now isn't that something? Well, I must be off. Two of the three Etrurian Generals shouldn't be leaving the country for so long. Cecilia, can you take care of the rest?"

You're claiming the Archery General is a position created after the Lycian arc of FE6? Klein's a general, but he's not on equal standing with the three. Wolt supports Roy, but that doesn't mean he's heir to shit.

Touche Capitan, I guess he's not part of the Three Generals. Clarine certainly calls him the Archery General in his own support, but that's probably brotherly insanitylove.

Also you're comparison doesn't really work. A better one would have been "Roy's a general but that doesn't make him one of the 'Three Generals of Etruria'" My argument wasn't "Klein supports the Generals" it was "Klein is called a General, specifically called the 'Archery General' by Clarine, and refers to his own weakness and inexperience"

If I had said "Well Klein supports Percy, so he must be a general" I could see where your response would come from, but I never claimed that. That would be like saying "Klein supports Elphin, he must be heir to the Etrurian throne."

Also, could you please actually speculate on why Clarine called Klein the Archery General? I fully admit the game itself states are are only 'Three Generals of Etruria' but then the game also states Klein is the Archery General.

Of course the idea that would help if you put it forward, rather than simply attacked would be "Klein is the Archery General, but the Archery General is not one of the Three Etrurian Generals" which is perfectly understandable, outside of Sacae the only bow using units are Snipers and Archers (and Warriors but one Promoted Unit per force of occupants) Sort of undeserving as one of Etruria's Big 3. Then again the Great General just means "Supreme Commander of Forces" So much to discuss, but ironically enough this is not the thread to do so. We should take this to PMs

Edited by Onmi

Well after a lot more fucking around with the map can safely say that it is 90% where I want it. at least in terms of personal editions. Clean up is most likely still needed

[spoiler=FUCK MOUNTAINTS forests are easier]

35atykg.jpg

Still it means I'm close to the fun part of Event Hacking.

Edited by Onmi

NINIAN. IS. BORING. her death is "Got killed by the air" canonically...

She got killed by Nils not saying "HEY, THAT'S MY SISTER!"

I would think your sister's survival would be more important than keeping your identities as dragons a secret.

but there's no real point to it since FE8 doesn't have the ability to let dancers use them.

Source: Link

The Earth Seal works normally (probably has the same effect as the Master Seal), as do the dancer Rings and the Mine.

FE8NiniansDancerRings.png

Dance1.pngDance2.png

Dance3.pngDance4.png

Using the Custom Battle Animation Module as your guide...

1942072.png

1944334.png

As you can see, the values are:

09 01 91 00 05 01 91 00 06 01 91 00 07 01 91 00 00 00 00 00

Let's break it down.

09 = Disarmed (required)/Rapier

01 = Makes it the generic type, which is the Disarmed

91 = Dancer Animation

00 = Separator

05 = All Anima

01 = Generic weapons

91 = Dancer

00 = Separator

06 = All Light

01 = Generic weapons

91 = Dancer

00 = Separator

07 = All Dark

01 = Generic weapons

91 = Dancer

00 = Separator

00 00 00 = Terminator

To get it working, just repoint it somewhere and do each ring as a unique instance... like:

7E = Nini's Grace

00 = Specific Item

91 = Dancer

00 = Separator

So it would be:

09 01 91 00 05 01 91 00 06 01 91 00 07 01 91 00 7E 00 91 00 7D 00 91 00 7F 00 91 00 80 00 91 00 00 00 00 00

Just point it in free space and change it in the Nightmare module.

And you have:

Nini's Grace:

NinisGraceFE8.png

Fila's Might:

FilasMightFE8.png

Thor's Ire:

ThorsIreFE8.png

Set's Litany:

SetsLitanyFE8.png

You just need to text edit them.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Read: Never assume that something doesn't work just because it's dummied. ALWAYS read the manual and if the manual tells you something that's unfavorable, try it out for yourself.

Shadowofchaos: Thank you for pointing that out, Text editing is easy enough so I'll definitely reconsider adding them. Though my claim of 'Ninian dying from the air' comes from this http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Ninian

Nils, however, informed his sister that the air would not sustain them much longer, and, if they remained in the human world, they would die soon after.

And yes I do recognize the irony of using the very same wiki I derided while arguing with deranger.

But still, even with the rings, it's hard to think of what they can tell Roy. he already knows Ninian is a dragon because (As his supports with the 3 FE7 lords reveal) Roy's been told about FE7 multiple times, and that detail hasn't been skipped over. With a Ninian mother he does get unique dialogue with Yahn (Changes depending on A support with Eliwood) but it's less about the rings more about what the rings reveal. the Sigune dialogue with Eliwood is specifically because Fiora was Roy's mother, if that never happened, those two never met. With the Ninian dialogue it has to be something we haven't learned that's interesting. I just for the life of me can't think of anything dialogue wise beyond Yahn, Zephiel, Idoun and... I got it.

Never mind I know what to do now. This should be fun actually.

Oh yes, a very helpful friend has joined me in map making/clean up so welcome to the new chapter 2

34hcbph.png

Of course the aware will realize this is a splice of FE6's Chapter 2 and FE7's chapter 23A, since someone was kind enough to point out they are the same location.

We're working on Chapter 3 now and one of the "Unique to this hack" maps Operation Hells Gate.