Aran HM

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used Aran once on hard mode when he was speed blessed, and while he was great throughout the entire game, he was terrible come endgame since he couldn't double auroras in the last two chapters, and his resistance was pretty bad. Use a different lancer.

I used Aran once on hard mode when he was speed blessed, and while he was great throughout the entire game, he was terrible come endgame since he couldn't double auroras in the last two chapters, and his resistance was pretty bad. Use a different lancer.

Failing to double Auras in 4-E-5 is not that big a flaw. Being good in 4-E-1 is more important than being good in 4-E-5.

Integrity Presents! A Comprehensive List of Units Who Can Double Auras In 4-E-5

Naturally has the SPD requisite (39+) to double Auras:

Whispers (Sothe, Heather)

Trueblades (Edward, Zihark, Mia, Lucia, Stefan)

Volke

Sephiran

Cats

Nailah

Birds

Royal Lions

Nasir can make them double (34-39):

Reaver (Nolan, Boyd)

Marksman (Rolf, Shinon, Leonardo)

Seraph Knight (Marcia, Tanith, Sigrun)

Ike

Mist

Elincia

Jill

Fiona

Astrid

Nephenee

Volug

Skrimir

EDIT: Let's put some more information here.

The Pared Down Version: Units Who Naturally Double And Inflict Meaningful Damage

Royal Laguz

Sephiran

Units Who Can Be Made To Double And Inflict Meaningful Damage

Reavers

Ike

Skrimir

Marksmen

This is meant to illustrate what a standard you're holding Aran to when you say he's flawed because he can't double Auras.

Edited by Integrity

Ok we'll see how it goes, the 1st objective is to survive decently chapter IV with the dawn brigade.

For the moment I'm planning to have the end team as this :

(Micaiah, Sothe (B), Sanaki (B), Ike, Ina (B), Kurth (B), Reyson) (B) for benched when I can.

Nephenie (Aran) [support Gatorie]

Gatorie [support Neph or Aran]

Rolf [support Ike or Giffca]

Shinon [support Ike :) or Giffca]

Mia [support Oscar or Caineghis]

Haar [support Jill or Marcia]

Jill (Marcia) [support Haar]

Elincia [support Reyson or Micaiah]

Giffca [support Ike]

Oscar (Caineghis) [support Mia]

So far, not so good, after map III-6(or7 I don't remember) Aran didn't get any speed up in 6 levels (20/9, about 25 str/skl/def 20 spd), and with an early benched Edward (lv7) and a screwed Nolan (20, 13str, 16spd, 9def, 36hp) and below average Jill, the DB maps should be hard

unsure.gif

20/9 Aran and everyone else (from what I can tell) isn't even 2nd-tier yet? That's a little too much resources poured into Aran on HM, don't you think? =/

Integrity u forgot rexflame wielding mages. Calill and tormod can double auras with nasir.

Rexflame gives +SPD?

...huh. So it does.

20/9 Aran and everyone else (from what I can tell) isn't even 2nd-tier yet? That's a little too much resources poured into Aran on HM, don't you think? =/

In fact, Zihark is 20/7, and Jill is 20/4. I didn't allowed a lot of ressources specifically to Aran, I just didn't expected Nolan was that screwed.

• 3 weeks later...

.... Aran??? Aran sucks bigtime in hard mode.... unless you boss abuse, or A CRAPLOAD of babying, he is going to be raped by the laguz in part 3....

Nephenee.... at least you have 3 EASY chapters to train her with....

.... Aran??? Aran sucks bigtime in hard mode.... unless you boss abuse, or A CRAPLOAD of babying, he is going to be raped by the laguz in part 3....

If you're referring to 3-6, a modestly trained Aran (17/1) is in competition for the second best durability in the chapter (inferior to Volug, in competition with Nolan).

Yes but to get to that durability.... you have to slog through a crapload of chapters with a difficulty that makes training people completely from scratch difficult and impratical.... and even if you do manage to get him to cap defence, strength and skill.... THERE IS BARELY ANY BONUS EXP IN HARDMODE IN PART 1.....

Edited by Kira Yamato

Gatrie is very underrated in this game. He is about on par with Nephenee when he joins, he just has some speed problems as opposed to Nephenee's strength and defense issues. Once he gets going and promotes he is every bit as good as Nephenee, IMHO. I trained them both in my last NM playthrough, and I had them support each other so they were constantly together being compared. They were both destroying anything in their way taking miniscule damage, Gatrie had overkill strength while Neph had equally overkill speed, while Gatrie had a slight advantage in defense, Neph had a little advantage in skill.

I would give Nephenee the slight edge over Gatrie since it's easier to fix her early strength problem with a strong forge, while Gatrie would have to eat up a heavily competed-for speedwing to fix his early problem. Nephenee also gets 1 higher movement, of course. I think Gatrie is better for 4-E though since speed isn't very important for the most part and defense is.

Edited by rigadoog

Gatrie is very underrated in this game. He is about on par with Nephenee when he joins, he just has some speed problems as opposed to Nephenee's strength and defense issues. Once he gets going and promotes he is every bit as good as Nephenee, IMHO. I trained them both in my last NM playthrough, and I had them support each other so they were constantly together being compared. They were both destroying anything in their way taking miniscule damage, Gatrie had overkill strength while Neph had equally overkill speed, while Gatrie had a slight advantage in defense, Neph had a little advantage in skill.

I would give Nephenee the slight edge over Gatrie since it's easier to fix her early strength problem with a strong forge, while Gatrie would have to eat up a heavily competed-for speedwing to fix his early problem. Nephenee also gets 1 higher movement, of course. I think Gatrie is better for 4-E though since speed isn't very important for the most part and defense is.

A WILD GATRIE/NEPH ARGUMENT HAS APPEARED!

and it's not to great either.