Tutorials that you would like to see be done

Blademaster!

No good if the Palette is compressed. From my experiences with FE6 I can tell you ALL the Animation Palettes in that game are compressed.

All battle animation palettes in all GBAFEs are compressed with LZ77. You can decompress and then edit it with SNES palette editor,. Insertion is a bit trickier due to the risk of overwriting the next data.

yeah every time I try to repoint I wind up crashing the game.I think it's a recurring theme with me, something that should theoreticly cause no problems brings the apocolypse.

Edited by Onmi

All battle animation palettes in all GBAFEs are compressed with LZ77. You can decompress and then edit it with SNES palette editor,. Insertion is a bit trickier due to the risk of overwriting the next data.

I usually just use GBA Graphics editor to get the palette onto a bitmap. Edit that, put it back in.

Though, with battle animations, I save it as a GIF, instead of a PNG to extract which team palette I want. If I save as a PNG, it takes the rest of the "black" palettes with it when I edit in GIMP.

Boss and NPC palettes are easy, it just takes a little bit of searching. Noob friendly? If you can't be bothered to find your own shit, get the fuck out. Speed?

So you're done while I have another four palettes to go through. Big fucking whoop.

How about you actually try using GBAGE to edit palettes? The fact that you have to search a bit for NPC and Enemy palettes only further adds on to how deprecated that tutorial is.

-- c# ("see shoop")

- write a pro-gram (professional gram, as in this gram gets paid to compete in tournaments with other grams) that does

I thought c# was pronounced c number... And even then it's actually pronounced "c sharp"

I do know Java, but I'm not confident enough with it to try writing a program or adding on to FEditor Adv (since it is open source right?)

The fact of the matter is that there already is a tutorial on how to do such and such. Don't like it, well, you're SOL. If you think that this method is too slow or too 'noob unfriendly', write one yourself :3

The fact of the matter is that there already is a tutorial on how to do such and such. Don't like it, well, you're SOL. If you think that this method is too slow or too 'noob unfriendly', write one yourself :3

Isn't that the point of this topic? that Blademaster is going to be writing a new tutorial on how to do it himself? So what's with the argument?

"I'm writing this tutorial"

"There already is one"

"But it's slow and confusing and unfriendly"

*Bickering*

Seriously?

Don't like it, well, you're SOL.

If people want to use deprecated methods of palette editing, go ahead. I've said multiple times that the tutorial works, but we have much better methods for editing palettes now. And last I checked that wasn't the only tutorial for palette editing out there.

Isn't that the point of this topic? that Blademaster is going to be writing a new tutorial on how to do it himself?

Yes, but in the case of the palette editing tutorial I don't really know if I should do one. I feel like it would be too much of a copy the one found on FEshrine, but I would add a bit of detail onto it because the creator of that tutorial missed a few things and was unsure of somethings about his tutorial.

Yes, but in the case of the palette editing tutorial I don't really know if I should do one. I feel like it would be too much of a copy the one found on FEshrine, but I would add a bit of detail onto it because the creator of that tutorial missed a few things and was unsure of somethings about his tutorial.

I say do the tutorial but save it till last.

If people want to use deprecated methods of palette editing, go ahead. I've said multiple times that the tutorial works, but we have much better methods for editing palettes now. And last I checked that wasn't the only tutorial for palette editing out there.

If you can make something better, do it if you feel like it. If a select people want to bog them down for the sake of being bogged down, let them. It's not going to affect you any. And the bickering isn't representative of who's going to actually see your tutorial(s).

How about you actually try using GBAGE to edit palettes? The fact that you have to search a bit for NPC and Enemy palettes only further adds on to how deprecated that tutorial is.

I have, and I've broken more than a few ROMs that way (it was my fault, but still). Unless you're trying to tell me that a few more minutes in the long spent looking things up is the difference between efficiency and not.

Unless you're trying to tell me that a few more minutes in the long spent looking things up is the difference between efficiency and not.

I've already explained what I know are the differences in efficiency. The fact that you would have to use GBA color picker alone is reason enough for me to say that that method of editing palettes is slower.

I've done both types of palette editing before. Using GBAGE is MUCH MUCH faster.

Yeah, like said, just do it. Some people find it easier to stick with what works than to spend time changing. Deciding which is better is often times a hard choice. For example, I used to do events using a hex editor. I already knew how to do it and I was pretty fast it and knew what I was doing etc., so I didn't want to change. But Arch argued that the Event Assembler, despite being highly incomplete, was more efficient and less archaic, to say the least. Eventually I gave in and the EA did end up being a little faster but not muchbut I couldn't have known whether the risk of changing would be outweighed by the benefit of the new method or not without trying, so yeah... let people figure that out for themselves... :\