Several Problems

Mikey Séregon

Playing my hack I found several bugs that I haven't noticed before:

1. In Ch. 14 the Hannah's Event is not triggered, also the Augury option is missing.

2. The FEditor don't allow me to expand the faces index.

3. The Regal Blade (Ike's personal sword, it uses the Talisman slot) doesn't show the weapon stats, it only shows its description.

Also, I want to know how to allow the Light and Wind sword to make ranged critical attacks.

Playing my hack I found several bugs that I haven't noticed before:

1. In Ch. 14 the Hannah's Event is not triggered, also the Augury option is missing.

2. The FEditor don't allow me to expand the faces index.

3. The Regal Blade (Ike's personal sword, it uses the Talisman slot) doesn't show the weapon stats, it only shows its description.

Also, I want to know how to allow the Light and Wind sword to make ranged critical attacks.

1. I don't know about that one.

2. That's pretty weird. I was able to expand it for my FE8 hack. Can't imagine why FE7 wouldn't let you do the same.

3. Change one of the item description pointers to be the same as any weapon like the iron sword using the item editor in nightmare.

3. Change one of the item description pointers to be the same as any weapon like the iron sword using the item editor in nightmare.

But why the other weapons created in usable Item slots don't have the same problem? (Energy Ring, Speedwings, Goddess Icon, etc.)

For 1. are you playing on Hard mode? IIRC, Hannah doesn't appear in HM.

Hm... I didn't know that A_Au

Also I found other bug:

The weapons that I made in Item Slots are still usable in the Preparation screen, but they only screws the stats:

ikes.png

Note: I haven't changed those text yet.

How can I fix that?

How can I fix that?

Just do this for now. Copy down all the data an Iron sword uses in the item editor. Then, make your weapon where the tailsman is be exactly the same as the iron sword, except for the weapon name, Icon, and stats. See if that helps.

Just do this for now. Copy down all the data an Iron sword uses in the item editor. Then, make your weapon where the tailsman is be exactly the same as the iron sword, except for the weapon name, Icon, and stats. See if that helps.

No, that doesn't work...

Check all your pointers. First check the pointers on a clean ROM, then compare the values at the offsets where the pointers are located on the edited ROM.

Also think; have you made any graphical changes or other changes with programs that you aren't very familiar with recently? It's possible you corrupted some data. It doesn't look like a huge ASM problem to me but it's possible so I can't say for sure but I'd definitely check it out.

I don't know about the magic sword critical thing but IIRC Hextator/Obviam/whateverhisnameis has some doc on it. Perhaps that'd be a decent starting place.

If you can give us more information I might be able to throw out some more ideas to help you. XP

Well, the last change that I made to the ROM was a face insertion with the FEditor, more specific, I updated the Alm Face (In the Heath slot)

But I had this problem since I changed the weapons... I didn't remind it until now xP