Fire Emblem: Trinity of Heavens

CT075

Well, my exhibition in FEE3 was... well, to put it gently, "sloppy, rushed, and glitchy to hell". That's hardly productive to letting people know how ridiculously bad awesome mediocre this hack is. Well, okay, that's probably a GREAT way to let people know how mediocre my hack is, but whatever. I'm really not helping my case here, am I? I'm not even going to deny it, the patch I gave Trent for that video was TERRIBLE.

But anyway. Like most hacks that I've seen anywhere, this started as a boredom project, and then it blossomed into... an official boredom project. Unlike most other hacks I've seen, though, I have no special skill or talent or what have you when it comes to hacking, meaning this is breaking no new ground there. This hack, unlike any others I've seen, anywhere, is meant to tell a story. Plain and simple. What I think I've come up with is a ridiculously cliche and bad plot for a Fire Emblem ga- I mean, what I think is a decent plot with really bad dialogue.

My idea was simple: All stories start from the beginning, right? Well, what if they don't? Then what?

Now, there are some books that do that, and some of them work well, some of them don't. On the other hand, I've never seen any GAMES that do this. THAT is how this plot works. You, the player, are playing from the middle of the storyline, and you get to learn about the beginning as the plot goes on.

In other words, if you're playing this and have no idea what's going on, it's partially intentional.

Now, some screenies:

5edd38beaa81761e7e5042a9649ad597.png

If you look closely you can see some things that'll tip you off as to a few plot devices.

I understand that I'm probably one of the worse hackers out there, and that this is nothing stellar. However, I want to make this as good as it can be, so don't hesitate in giving me advice. (That being said, I reserve the right to turn down ideas that I find "stupid")

Patch, version 0.6

Also, Trent:

The gate you went for was the right one, but it is possible to seize this one:

ffd7eb00aa96d329573847c54d3e8d05.png

Edited by CT075

Ace-style chibis? :P

Looks really good. About how far is it?

Also, Superbia is hella broken. Or maybe just the user is. O_O

But yeah overall it looks good, even if it's not "ground-breaking" like you said. If it can be considered a "new" game (custom events/story) and is mediocre everywhere else it's worth playing as far as I'm concerned. XP

CT you may suck, but always remember that I suck worse than you.

Also Battle Masteries? Am I going to have to get them all to unlock the final boss for the grand battle at meteor 3/against the White Star merged einst?

Ace-style chibis? :P

Looks really good. About how far is it?

Also, Superbia is hella broken. Or maybe just the user is. O_O

But yeah overall it looks good, even if it's not "ground-breaking" like you said. If it can be considered a "new" game (custom events/story) and is mediocre everywhere else it's worth playing as far as I'm concerned. XP

Ace-style chibis because I don't have any delusions about my spriting talent (well, the lack thereof).

Goes to the midway point of chapter 3.

Superbia is just that broken.

Thanks.

Also Battle Masteries? Am I going to have to get them all to unlock the final boss for the grand battle at meteor 3/against the White Star merged einst?

Nah, if you get them all you get to fight the Neo Granzon

No, but having X of them gets you a few secret things.

Is that all grenn with forest one supposed to be like that? Cause otherwise, let me do maps for you Cam.

Placeholder bro.

Cam, I really think you're being too hard on yourself. This hack has a lot of things going for it. You've got events, icons, maps, etc so don't dwell so much on the fact that things aren't "up to par." Instead use that to drive you to make it better, because this hack could definitely[/] become something great.

In medias res is something that can really bring this game something new. I'm looking forward to progress in this hack.

Cam, I really think you're being too hard on yourself.

This. The fact that you have something going is a start. You can always improve on the things that are lacking later. Focus on the positives of the hack first, and use those to bring up the negatives, then go back and fix them later so you don't have negatives.

chapter2scrn.png

Don't get me started with the shops. We remember what happened last time.

Cam, you're good with events, you kinda sorta helped me with them 1 time (albiet it was searching for something shut up leave me aloneee). Just work on it, and it will eventually by DoF tier.

Edited by Joekitty

[sNIP]

Admittedly half of those are me trying to remake FE5 maps, but still. I have a few half finished outdoor maps if you want to see more of those.

I think I'll pass.

Also, thanks all.

Now to find some way to make everything tie together so the whiplash is less sudden.

Edited by CT075

I understand that I'm probably one of the worse hackers out there

Lol, Cam. Just LOL.

You know more about hacking than I do. Meaning I also am one of the worst hackers out there. Go team!

But seriously, you've got the potential to make a killer good hack. You know a bit of everything dealing with ROM hacks, so that gives you an edge on planning and setting things up in your game to really emphasize your story.

And I thought the "battle mastery" stuff you decided to implement in your game was unique. I really like that idea.

Just be sure to explain it somewhere in the game (with a scroll text thingy or whatever) so people know what it is and what it's good for.

As for whiplash...Well, if you're throwing the player in mid-plot, some of this can't really be avoided...

You could always go the FE9 path, where the main character's doing his own thing, then gets sucked up into a bigger conflict that is already well underway. That way, the main character is also completely lost, so the player can learn stuff as the main character is filled in on the conflict.