[Fire Emblem Fangame] Fire Emblem: Multiplayer

FanService

Hey, I wasn't sure where else to post this kind of message... Mods, please move it to a more appropriate section if there is one, thanks.

Fire Emblem: Multiplayer (aka FEM) is a Fire Emblem fangame based on the GBA FE games. Our reason for starting this project is based on the lack of LAN multiplayer support and customizability in the original GBA games.

Currently the game is incomplete. We've been working on it for a while now, but we're realizing the immensity of such a game and are in need of help.

Currently implemented features:

• Image managing system (loading and fetching)
  • Basic outlines of characters and animations (core classes with support for units, classes, teams/armies)
  • Partial support for customizable missions based on scripts
  • Partial support for weapons and items
  • Modular game system with support for internal game states
  • Map files, map loading, map displaying

Planned features:

• Multiplayer support (over LAN and perhaps in the future through a server based on a room system (GunBound style))
  • Movement in map (only partially handled at time of writing)
  • Battles (no support for battles at time of writing)
  • Class changes
  • Custom story (single player mode with an entirely new Fire Emblem storyline)
  • New classes (e.g. Sky Hunter (pegasus knight & archer crossover))
  • Re-vamped forge system supporting item combinations
  • New weapons (e.g. Random Weapon (weapon with percentage chances of attacking from a certain list of weapons)
  • New units (for the custom story, e.g. Alea, princess of Renjavell)
  • Conversation support

The code of the project is written in C# and the scripting language will also be C# because integration on one into the other at runtime is a breeze.

There's already a huge list of characters that could conceivably be in the custom story and well as many ideas for chapters and special missions.

As for the multiplayer mode, which is actually the more important aspect of this project, we aren't really sure what will decide which characters can be used in a multiplayer fight. Our ideas consist many of an unlock system by which playing the story and recruiting characters unlocks them for multiplayer use. Also, the use of veteran characters from other FE games would be governed by beating special missions (usually of a humorous nature) (i.e. Oliver's Quest for Beauty, in which the player must capture a certain number of Herons before time runs out or they are killed in order to unlock Oliver from FE 9 & 10)

As for the singleplayer, custom story mode, we were thinking about doing it "Sonic style". In other words, there would be four initially independent storylines that, as they each progress, become linked. The player would choose at the menu which story to play in and once every story has been beaten, a final, fifth story would be unlocked that contains the chapters dedicated to the endgame (kind of how the three factions unite towards the end of FE 10 to defeat Ashera).

Although the point of this post is mostly to inform people of our project and to get feedback about our ideas and perhaps new ones, we're looking for help, as was mentioned earlier.

We're looking for anyone:

• With a big interest for Fire Emblem
  • With knowledge of game programming
  • With knowledge of C#
  • With talent in spriting
  • With good ideas for missions and the storyline

We would really appreciate help from anyone having at least one or two of these qualities.

Thanks a lot, everyone.

With a big interest for Fire Emblem -> huge interest

With knowledge of game programming -> none, sorry

With knowledge of C# -> I've programmed in that once, but it's been a while and I wasn't exactly good at it back then

With talent in spriting -> not really talent, but I can do something in this area. so if nobody else can help you I could... a bit

With good ideas for missions and the storyline -> this I have plenty of

if you could use my help, please ask :)

I think this would fit in the hacking forum thingy. But of course if it should be in there then it'll be moved.

As for me, I do sprite but there are probably some better than I am. I would like to help here but I can't help but think they'll be imperfect D=

I tend to try write stories, but I wouldn't be any help in here because ideas don't come to me easily at all xD

And of course I have a huge interest in FE =D

But anyway if you need a spriter though I'd be glad to help~

Oh wait wait wait wait!!! One thing though is that I only sprite mugs and I can make the open mouth/eye and things like that, but I've never done the chibis before. I could maybe look in that spriter's resource and learn how to if you'd like. Cause I'm sure they have something in there to explain how it's done. I haven't done battle animation sprites either.

Edited by Agnaktor

It sounds interesting. This is probably a stupid guestion but, can we play with other members here on Multiplayer? Now that would be guite interesting to see the other members FE skills and stuff. Hey, I'm just thinking. Oh, and btw, I'm not good at anything up there, except the big interest in FE. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

It sounds interesting. This is probably a stupid guestion but, can we play with other members here on Multiplayer? Now that would be guite interesting to see the other members FE skills and stuff. Hey, I'm just thinking. Oh, and btw, I'm not good at anything up there, except the big interest in FE. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

Of course, but we're far from done yet. Though our motivation is what's keeping us working on this. We are also in need of people that know a lot about Fire Emblem, like stats calculations and formulas.

First question: Who is "we"?

We're just a small team of three people for now, which is why we're looking for a bigger team so we can get this project going at a nice pace.

Of course, but we're far from done yet. Though our motivation is what's keeping us working on this. We are also in need of people that know a lot about Fire Emblem, like stats calculations and formulas.

All that sort of information can be found on the main site. Formulae vary from FE to FE, but they're usually under the Calculations heading. True Hit calculation is addressed in this article.

As for the singleplayer, custom story mode, we were thinking about doing it "Sonic style". In other words, there would be four initially independent storylines that, as they each progress, become linked. The player would choose at the menu which story to play in and once every story has been beaten, a final, fifth story would be unlocked that contains the chapters dedicated to the endgame (kind of how the three factions unite towards the end of FE 10 to defeat Ashera).

I always felt that FE10 should have been structured this way. Rather than the current way which is kind of a mess.

Edited by Anouleth

All that sort of information can be found on the main site. Formulae vary from FE to FE, but they're usually under the Calculations heading. True Hit calculation is addressed in this article.

I always felt that FE10 should have been structured this way. Rather than the current way which is kind of a mess.

Oh damn, I never noticed those. Thanks for the contribution, lol. I also think that FE10 should've been this way, glad someone share the same opinion as me.

We're just a small team of three people for now, which is why we're looking for a bigger team so we can get this project going at a nice pace.

That's not the answer I was looking for. If you don't want to name names, that's fine, but can you at least say what roles they currently fill?

Whether there's a name attached to it or not isn't relevant; what IS relevant is that the project has a couple of spriters, a coder, and you. This kind of stuff helps when trying to recruit others.