Trouble killing Ashnard

So I was finishing my first NM playthrough, and when I was fighting Ashnard, I noticed that the only person who could do any damage to him was Ike. Not even Boyd with capped strength, resolve active, and a silver axe forge/steel bow. Not even Soren with capped mag and tornado. Or Tanith with the sonic sword. Additionally, he refused to move, even when units he could ORKO were within his range. I chose not to bring a royal.

This isn't my first playthrough, but my only other one was on HM and it was my first FE game so I played with a blatant lack of regard for human life carelessly, so endgame was taken on by just Giffca, Ena and Ike, so I didn't notice anything like this.

So is Ashnard only vulnerable to Ragnell or something? Or is there another reason as to why a unit with 60 Strength and a 21 MT weapon would tink on Ashnard, while a unit with 27 strength and 18 MT would make contact?

Edited by Duke Tanas

Thats because his armor is blessed IIRC and only Dragons, Royals, Giffca, and Ike can hurt him.

yes, he got his armor from the black knight, who's armor was also blessed.

did duke Tanas read any of the story at all?

yes, he got his armor from the black knight, who's armor was also blessed.

did duke Tanas read any of the story at all?

Haha, I did do a bit of mashing the B button, because I'd beaten the game before. It had been so long, I guess I forgot. My bad haha.

You beat Hard Mode on your very first playthrough of a FE game? And you beat the endgame with nobody but giffca, ike and ena? What?

This game's Hard Mode is the easiest in the series. And Ike and Giffca are practically invincible against everything except Ashnard (Ena's pretty bulky, too).

This game's Hard Mode is the easiest in the series. And Ike and Giffca are practically invincible against everything except Ashnard (Ena's pretty bulky, too).

But his first ever playthrough of a fire emblem? I had trouble on easy mode.

But his first ever playthrough of a fire emblem? I had trouble on easy mode.

It was my case ; FE9 was my 1st FE and I played hard mode.

If I Remember well, 2 characters died (Soren and Largo), For Soren it was on his incoming map (ch.4 I guess), and I waited severals map for him to return before learning that in FE when a character is dead, he's dead.

Haha, you're right, it was pretty hard. That's why everybody died. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I don't even want to talk about my FE7 NM playthrough first timme through. It wasn't pretty. But I beat it. Also, more characters alive than not :)

Really my first playthrough of fe7 I kept everyone alive, and have in every game since. I like to try to beat every game with all characters possible to get recruited and survive. shadow dragon and final chapter of drafts I am not counting in this

• 10 years later...

Honest to god. How do you beat Ashnard.? On HARD MODE.!? I have Eather and it's still a bitch to defeat him. 😕 i read people saying that (well 1 dude) said that he supposedly beat the game on HARD MODE without losing a single unit.................. LMFAO x'D that's the funniest thing i've ever heard rofl like that's even possible. If you have proof then show me a video @ my youtube @"Base Bass Forte" go share the link homie. Cus this i gotta see 😄 but it better be solid gameplay proof otherwise i'l belive it's game sharked. (sum bullshit) ;D

Edited by BASE

I'm on my first playthrough in Fire Emblem Path of Radiance on hard mode. I'm having a hard time defeating Ashnard. Wtf. Tried like 30 times now. Gona try 1 more time. I had already tried beating the game years ago. And i never did. Ashnard is OP. so here goes one last time. But betore i keep trying in vain, i'l look up more info on how to beat him. Most people are making it seam easy. Lmao. Good one. Btw i don't have Ena. I have Nasir instead. I defeated the Black Knight so i got Nasir. And also wtf is a "royal" ? I keep reading that a royal too can inflict damage just like Ike and Nasir. But what's a royal.? Elincia.? Royal highness.? I'm gona stick my royal stick into these wifus once i'm done with Ashnard. Long live Fire Emblen Path of Radiance fanservice and fanfiction. uwu (all my gallery got deleted years ago. Gona re-download it all right back up onto my back-up 64 GB SD card. Cus you never know when the internet will die someday.) Anywyas side tracked this weeds too strong. Back to my game. *Ike goes Super Saiyan and fuses with the Ice Climbers to make IKE CLIMBERS.!* (seriously that's actually a character, look it up. It's a double Ike Climber in Super Smash Bros Project M.) And with this new fusion i will destroy Ashnard >:3 (seriously just look at how OP that Ike Climber character is, look up the "Ike Climbers" trailer for the game Project M. Smash bros.) He destorys everyone lmao x'D Ashnard stands no chance against this form.! >:3 (this is in the year 2022 btw. Yea still playing good old retro gamecube games) *buuuurrppp.!* ahhh... that's better uwu

Edited by BASE