League of Champs

Chocolate Kitty

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halp, how do I winz the debug!?!?!?!

No but yeah, I beat the first 8 chapters and here are my comments. Obviously this'll contain spoilers.

Good stuff:

- THE MUSIC, fitting, new, and good-sounding (not annoying)

- The text felt pretty real.

- I liked the characters, they seemed both real and cool.

- The maps were pretty unique and well done.

- almost everything not mentioned below

Nitpicking:

- The game freezes sometimes during conversations, namely post Ch3 and Ch6

- I did read the text in Ch 1, but I wasn't expecting to have to have Lee visit the main thing. Maybe that's just me not having him established as a lord. In general, I wasn't always sure where to sieze with whom. Maybe that's just me being dumb.

- Ch6 was ridiculously difficult especially if Zeek is holding the door key so you have like 2 turns to rush waldo

- The game is too hard to do on a blind play through, at least for me. Not extensively hard (except for Ch6), but hard enough so that I'll end up screwed for a turn and not be able to protect everyone. Basically I felt like I was forced to take risks a lot, which means I use save states.

- some of the text back grounds no longer match the tile sets as the maps have a different palette. So possibly recolor them?

- a prep screen earlier than Ch 8 would've been really nice.

Overall a very good hack, strong in all aspects, though the difficulty was frustrating at times.

Edited by deranger

[spoiler=@deranger]I didn't find chapter 6 hard at all. It's just a matter of quickly routing everything that's not inside the gate, and then waiting for the rest to come at you once it gets opened.

A good strategy is to have a few sword/high avoid units near the gate (on forests/forts) so a few brigands will still come after you before the gate opens becuase they can cross the peaks. That way, once the gate opens, you won't have as many units to deal with.

[spoiler=@deranger]I didn't find chapter 6 hard at all. It's just a matter of quickly routing everything that's not inside the gate, and then waiting for the rest to come at you once it gets opened.

A good strategy is to have a few sword/high avoid units near the gate (on forests/forts) so a few brigands will still come after you before the gate opens becuase they can cross the peaks. That way, once the gate opens, you won't have as many units to deal with.

Maybe. I had the Aaron and yellow cav way back fighting nomads, so they didn't play a part. And I did use the forest tiles with Lee to route those that came over the mountains. It's just, rushing was a bit of work when done concurrently with not letting anyone get ganged up on.

lolfail, well heres a big ass post to make up for it.

For the most part I loved this hack, this is just what I think about the characters

[spoiler=Characters]

oN8Wc.png

Woooooo another sword lord. Lee's animation is sweet as fuck but I was sorta dissapointed by the lack of crit since he is a SM... Not only that but he joined during a lance fest and took heavy damage =/ Overall, my Lee gained a lot of STR and SPD which is great since those two are pretty important stats but other than taking out axe users and archers, Lee doesnt have much use. Hopefully that changes in the future.

6/10

its 'cause he's black

licdU.png

I have no idea how many times this bastard saved my life. Crioxe is definetely one of the better units in this game. Hs's been getting a lot of STR and SPD levels. His DEF could use some work tho

8/10

ZkvQz.png

Geoffrey is amazing. He destroys everything and doesnt afraid of anything. I gave him the robes because massive favortism... and sorta so that he can laugh at mercenaries some more

10/10

XwaT7.png

I was surprised when I found myself using Zack. He can chip damage of knights and other slow classes. He even comes close to finishing a few of them. I think I'll still use him.

7/10

DhTMf.png

Healer, 'nuff said.

10/10

rb7OG.png

He's like Lee... weaker tho. He's opened a grand total of one door. He's gone the only chapter we need a thief to open chests.

3/10

5GdLC.png

Amazing Jeigen, I have a feeling I'll be using him for a while. He kills everything dead and doesnt afraid of anything either. Tho I'm sorta curious as to where Trent went...

10/10

2jf5G.png

Astra Wtf happened to you? You used to be soooooo sexy... now you're...

I have a feeling my Aaron is screwed. He still cant double... I have a feeling he's gonna be benched.

4/10

D93K7.png

Y/y? Dean is blessed, I swear to god I didnt abuse him nope thats a lie X) Dean doubles and has the same strength as Aaron, theres no point in using the other one anymore...

10/10

3sK80.png

She's too broken, not that I'm complaining. I'm used to my 5/4/5 mages but Icamania comes soooooo broken

8/10

Edited by Illusion

@ Illusion

Lee's pretty clearly not a sword master. He has no crit bonus, and does not have the stats or stat caps to be one.

And Aaron got his good level ups only right before I had to restart. He had some good ones, but Dean's a bit more useful due to that speed.

Edited by deranger

i like how everything looks, and the great choice of music, but the gameplay feels like a chore then an fun expierence, listed below are issues i had with it.

_____

1. its abit wierd that your starting group is like, levels 3-6. Granted its your hack but i feel like the starting characters being at level 1 with Seign being at level 3 might help make them better

2. the talks can glitch and freeze up sometimes(mostly when Zeek talks so i end up missing various diologe)

3.*visits house with yellow roof like the thief says with main lord and thief, no get lockpicks* the diologe, it lies!

4. what kind of identity do you want for this hack, i'm getting FE4 vibes from the "Lance Knight" you get at the start when you get "Social Knights" around chapter 4(why bother having Knights that only use one weapon if you got the Knights that can use Swords AND Lances?) and the chapters that are larger then they have to be. THEN I'm getting DoF fibes due to the "omg we are weak and outclassed by the enemies chasing us, we must run away!" right now your hack has little identity other then that it has black people in it.

5. Speaking of Identity, Lee seems to have the personality of FE10 Ike which is an alarming issue for a main character, just about everyone has a good solid personality but Lee...and he seems rather lack luster as a unit.(this is on purpose?)

6. chapter 5 is terrible in terms of diffculty design and length, an medium sized map with a fuck ton of bandits spawning that give no EXP in a ROUT ENEMY MISSION. if anything this should be a "Rout Boss" considering how the boss and the starting enemies are the only thing that give EXP and the bandits should be used to make the player hurry up. this isn't a hard mission, its just a really annoying one, more so with that one bandit with a killer axe that stays on top of an Mountain in the top right hand corner of the map(is there any reason for this asshole to be here other then to give a middle finger?)

on chapter 6 now, i'll finish up it ater i get rid of this headache i got from it.

TL; DR version: it looks and sounds nice but the gameplay isn't fun

InB4 i get assulted with hate comments like i did in the Sun God topic.

^^ I'm just glad you used relatively proper grammar.. On the subject of this hack, looks good :) Just downloaded, but it seems like there's a lot of good features that aren't normally included in hacks :P And I always like your maps in the Spriting forum so I'm sure they'll be good here too. XP

@ Illusion

Lee's pretty clearly not a sword master. He has no crit bonus, and does not have the stats or stat caps to be one.

Yeah, I know. I was just expecting him to be some sort of variation to one since he has that animation. Oh well.

it can't be any worse then the LoC beta i finished.

;/

let's try to be mature and post things like this in the right topic

1. I'm not sure why the levels are even an issue.

2. Will re-play through and fix.

3. The lockpick dialogue said near the yellow roofed house not in it. It's literally right there.

4. I have no idea how to even respond to that, Seign is a special class separated from other "social knights" that's why he's locked to spears, this has really nothing to do with FE4. Do5 vibes I'm not really sure, I did start my hack before it was even released, but I don't think that I have level 1 enemies with level 8 stats :/. And the last comment doesn't even make sense, but okay.

5. Not seeing FE10 Ike really at all, and your sentence doesn't make sense, saying that everyone has a good personality and then saying that Lee isn't a very good unit, they don't fit together, are you trying to say he's not good in terms of character and statistics?

6. I've edited that chapter already, seeing that it is pretty much terrible in concept. Lowered the number of bandits and it may turn into a survive mission. And yes that killer axe bandit is there to piss you off, glad you noticed it. :)

Not really pissed off at your responses, sorry to disappoint you ;/

@"Illusion": Thanks for the feedback, I'll put your thoughts into consideration. And the characters stats was a good bonus as well, that's quite helpful. And Lee's animation will probably change in the future, I'm just not sure yet.

Note: It appears that no one is getting the knight in ch7, I think I messed up the chapter's coding so I'll have to fix that as well.

Thanks to all that commented, I'll be back with updates at some point!

Edited by Kitty of Time

first off, that post was in another topic.

second off i'm not trying to make you mad, i'm trying to give constructive criticism.

sorry if i did come off as "inmature" but don't be like Anacybele and ingore everything that you don't want to hear and write off Criticism as "being an asshole".

@Bold: it was pretty immature ;/

@Italics: when did I say I was?no u

@Underlined: what

Thanks "Illusion", that was basically what I was saying.

Edited by Kitty of Time

first off, that post was in another topic.

Why are you talking shit about this hack in another topic?

second off i'm not trying to make you mad, i'm trying to give constructive criticism.

And he just responded to the entire thing with a reasonable answer. Rethink your criticism, everything that you said (that made sense) he already addressed.

sorry if i did come off as "inmature" but don't be like Anacybele and ingore everything that you don't want to hear and write off Criticism as "being an asshole".

cdwl.png

I should probably post my thoughts since a finished the patch a couple of days ago. My favorite character is probably Zeek, since he has really good growths and can be used very effectively when given an Iron sword. IDK why, but I feel like a lot of characters have trouble getting speed, but that might just be me. Overall I think both the gameplay and story is very good. The only 2 things I didn't like about it was the whole deploying impossible to beat units and how in the chapter w/ Waldo, almost all the units that come out of the gate give no EXP, which I thought was just a bit too much. Maybe if you had half of them give no EXP it would've been better. However for the former, I'm glad that you gave reason to deploying impossible to beat units, and didn't just have 15 promoted lvl. 20 units come out of nowhere on turn 16 or whatever. Overall, good patch, can't wait to play and see more.

^That guy reminded me of a few more thoughts about chapter design.

I like how reinforcements often come as a wave so they can't be abused for exp, but aren't impossible to beat (as long a decent planning is involved either). This is particularly true in chapter 2 and 8. In Ch 2, you're pressed to move as quickly as possible, but you can also defeat some of the earlier units chasing you, and aren't totally screwed if they catch up. In Ch8, the reinforcements also reward you for progressing through the chapter by putting you in a better position to defeat the wave of reinforcements.

Not sure how it isn't ;/

That's like saying walking into Wendys and saying "Sure I'll try the double double stack, it can't be any worse than the Whopper I just had" and believing that it isn't insulting Burger King in the slightest because it's across the street and not in the same place.

Or perhaps you don't know what talking shit even is.

@Makalov: mmk then

Edited by Kitty of Time

it can't be any worse then the LoC beta i finished.

There is absolutely no negativity in his statement. He's saying it's on par, by default, with the level of this hack. If he were bad mouthing it, he could have said something like "anything is better than LoC" or something like that.

Edited by Celice