League of Champs

Chocolate Kitty

...Dear god, will you all just drop it? I was done with this issue back on page 9 when I responded to him, now it's just people throwing around their opinions. "Hey I said that somewhere else, blah blah blah." I'll admit I decided to get involved in it, but now this is just beating a dead horse with a second dead horse.

Anything else about this, please keep it to yourself, or PM the person you want to talk to, because the last 1 1/2 pages is honestly spam. I'm a bit disappointed that even a mod would decide to fan the fires of this stupid issue that hasn't really started to bother me until now. Be the bigger man(or woman), and hold your tongues.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit disappointed that even a mod would decide to fan the fires of this stupid issue that hasn't really started to bother me until now.

I was looking at it more as defending a member that was getting mobbed rather than fanning the fires. If you don't think a mod should be doing that, though, that's your opinion.

It's actually more or less a dusk rescue, nighttime escape now. I figured fog on the first chapter was kinda mean. I also reduced the number of enemies and added more axe users.

The palette is not custom, it's used only once in FE7, cutscene.

And people do Jubby, I just don't know how to implement them :p

Edited by Kitty of Time

blah, meant palette, said tile set

Not to derail the topic, but where be these custom tile sets? I can imagine making custom tiles would be a lot of work. What about throwing forest from one tile set and walls from another together?

i am really enjoying the look of that new chapter 1.

how is the rescue thing gonna work in terms of gameplay?

It's just to make it clearer that you have to obtain Zeek before you can beat the chapter, not much else.

Not to derail the topic, but where be these custom tile sets? I can imagine making custom tiles would be a lot of work. What about throwing forest from one tile set and walls from another together?

Have you seen feawr's tilesets? All of them have custom stuff scattered in them. So does that massive fort map that I'm slowly working on.

It's just to make it clearer that you have to obtain Zeek before you can beat the chapter, not much else.

Is Lee still gonna be the only one who can get Zeek out and Zeek still gonna have to be the one who escapes?

It's actually more or less a dusk rescue, nighttime escape now. I figured fog on the first chapter was kinda mean. I also reduced the number of enemies and added more axe users.

The palette is not custom, it's used only once in FE7, cutscene.

And people do Jubby, I just don't know how to implement them :p

Could just insert the tile graphics over an existing set? Liiiiiiike, put your castle over their castle, etc. Then it would display the custom graphics, but you'd stll hafta make it in Mappy/Tiled using the original tileset, and you'd hafta be careful so the tile data matches up, and you don't wind up with something that looks like a mountain but says thicket :3

Anyway, who makes custom ones?

Yes, if GBAGE actually cooperated with me, I would have already done that (I'm aware the ch2 bridge looks glitchy).

Feawr, myself, SL most likely, maybe Krad and Prime. Most mappers at some point break down and make custom tiles.

Yes and no, Lee is the main character, so he does the seizing, as per normal. Zeek never had to be the one to stand on the escape spot though, anyone can.

Baattt couldn't you just make it like a visit. It's not actually the end of the chapter.

Yes, if GBAGE actually cooperated with me, I would have already done that (I'm aware the ch2 bridge looks glitchy).

Feawr, myself, SL most likely, maybe Krad and Prime. Most mappers at some point break down and make custom tiles.

I love that CRAZY editor. I'll do it for you if you want XP

I just finished playing through the beta and I gotta say this was pretty fun. A couple chapters made me want to raeg quit but whatever, I'm a terrible FE player anyway.

[spoiler=Chapter Notes]

Ch1: Ambush spawns >:|

Ch2: - The house by the starting area can't be visited?

- A brigand running by the bridge triggered the boss's

"It's the rebels!" speech. Is this intentional?

- Huge bridges yesssss

Ch3: Nothing wrong here though that one knight that moves totally trolled me, haha.

Ch4:- Door to the treasure room: The wall on the right needs to change too when you unlock the

door since there's nothing to cast a shadow anymore.

- There's also a few typos in the text.

Ch5: - Potato. Lol.

- I have to ask: Why no exp bandits?

Ch6: - Really long fade into white during the ending event is really long.

Ch7: - Bah, these fliers and their Trishulas and Harpoons. Raeg >:|

- Why did you make the houses 1 time only events? Suchatroll =P

- Saria's song~

- A few more text typos

Ch8: - Icy has some grammar issues during the opening event.

- When the big Tyeola squad of pain shows up the camera moves to the top

of the map for the soldiers' dialogue which doesn't make sense.

In General:

- Item drops seem to come in and out like the tides. The first chapter and to a lesser extent the second had several drops plus an armory and then

you're left hanging for several chapters. Then, when there's another armory there's also a lot of drops. Seems to make more sense to sprinkle some

of the drops throughout the non-armory chapters.

- Some of the dialogue feels a little forced, like when Zeek loses the map in chapter 3. There's a few other spots, but I forgot to jot them down.

- Your maps; Always so pleasant~

[spoiler=Character Notes]

52b377e034b42c7fc410e56009f68759.png

Either my Lee got mox screwed or he just tends to struggle. He just wasn't able to contribute that much since there's an abundance of mounted units with better stats than him. If you're looking to improve him I suggest either increasing his mox or his agil growths, though probably not both.

5362c98d731e9172f1a01d5fbc398a09.png

Manly man here was a life saver for me. Once he got a hold of a hurlbat he became a regular contributor. He's also almost mandatory for dealing with knights since a lot of the other units struggle against them. All in all, I think he's spot on in terms of usefulness vs. op-ness since his def holds him back.

fff4990d7368320c561e759539129888.png

The other manly man of the hack, Seign is pretty much a crutch in the first few chapters since everyone else trying to get going on their stats and he already has his. He disappears for a while so when he finally shows up again most of the other characters have caught up to him. But, his usefulness persists anyways. I'd say he's spot on too.

234555ecd0a74f1aa7ebc3026689bcf6.png

Eh, a novice archer with stats to match. Not only does he start weak, he disappears for several chapters and by the time he returns everyone has left him in the dust. His mox looks promising but everything else seems lacking. Since he disappears for so long I'd say the only way to get people to use him when he shows up again is give him a solid prf weapon or something.

b371cf2fbbeac24371cbd1d32f97905b.png

There's not much to say about Tara. She's a solid healer and purty to boot.

b257a9a772b2b87e88f2db2ef2a2f659.png

Pretty standard thief who's also gone for a really long time. Lots of agil and not a whole lot of anything else except dex and luck maybe. He's hard to use in combat though thankfully there's enough FoW chapters to help his usefulness.

66985a76c59d3d623e832f371e8f2efd.png

Total crutch. Seriously, this guy got me out of so many jams it's ridiculous. He can pretty much solo chapters on his own if he wanted to. Big stats, big weapon; he dominates everyone.

Why do I get the feeling he might die later?

d9c57a2f4181a4605f45c23b9c965dc2.png

Red drip is pretty average IMO. He helps a fair amount but he's not dominating (Which for balancing, he shouldn't). There's not much to say, he's there and does his job.

3de5fd8cc206d0f1db2062cadf631e0e.png

Gold drip is just a hair above Aaron, if only because of the better agil. Otherwise, they're almost the same.

077237c45123d4da99ff3c89679e3c39.png

Frail mages are frail. I ended up giving her the wizard robe because I couldn't stand the frailness anymore. I found it hard to really use her since there aren't too many magic enemies in the beta and physical units tend to cut her to pieces. She helped a little against knights as long as they didn't have harpoons. But again, frail.

What happened to Cam? I saw his map sprite show up in ch 8 briefly but then he disappeared.

I just finished playing through the beta and I gotta say this was pretty fun. A couple chapters made me want to raeg quit but whatever, I'm a terrible FE player anyway.

[spoiler=Chapter Notes]

Ch1: Ambush spawns >:|

You had to of turtled, they don't arrive until turn 17! But I guess no warning...

Ch2: - The house by the starting area can't be visited?

Intential

Nope, you must have been unlucky :<

Not sure how to change that.

- Huge bridges yesssss

yesssss

Ch3: Nothing wrong here though that one knight that moves totally trolled me, haha.

I know exactly which one :3

Ch4:- Door to the treasure room: The wall on the right needs to change too when you unlock the

door since there's nothing to cast a shadow anymore.

Will fix

- There's also a few typos in the text.

Will fix when I find it

Ch5: - Potato. Lol.

I don't have an explanation

- I have to ask: Why no exp bandits?

To prevent grinding on them, but the chapter's being redone now

Ch6: - Really long fade into white during the ending event is really long.

Will fix

Ch7: - Bah, these fliers and their Trishulas and Harpoons. Raeg >:|

Goodie

- Why did you make the houses 1 time only events? Suchatroll =P

They were originally villages, then the game screamed at me, so now they are houses.

- Saria's song~

Woo

- A few more text typos

Same as before

Ch8: - Icy has some grammar issues during the opening event.

^

- When the big Tyeola squad of pain shows up the camera moves to the top

of the map for the soldiers' dialogue which doesn't make sense.

Herp, fix

In General:

- Item drops seem to come in and out like the tides. The first chapter and to a lesser extent the second had several drops plus an armory and then

you're left hanging for several chapters. Then, when there's another armory there's also a lot of drops. Seems to make more sense to sprinkle some

of the drops throughout the non-armory chapters.

I thought I distributed drops pretty well, I guess I'll check it out?

- Some of the dialogue feels a little forced, like when Zeek loses the map in chapter 3. There's a few other spots, but I forgot to jot them down.

I don't really see that instance seeming forced, but I'll look for more opinions.

- Your maps; Always so pleasant~

Hee

[spoiler=Character Notes]

52b377e034b42c7fc410e56009f68759.png

Either my Lee got mox screwed or he just tends to struggle. He just wasn't able to contribute that much since there's an abundance of mounted units with better stats than him. If you're looking to improve him I suggest either increasing his mox or his agil growths, though probably not both.

Not really, he has average moxie, but his speed is a bit low.

I'm changing enemy types as well.

5362c98d731e9172f1a01d5fbc398a09.png

Manly man here was a life saver for me. Once he got a hold of a hurlbat he became a regular contributor. He's also almost mandatory for dealing with knights since a lot of the other units struggle against them. All in all, I think he's spot on in terms of usefulness vs. op-ness since his def holds him back.

Hmm, good

fff4990d7368320c561e759539129888.png

The other manly man of the hack, Seign is pretty much a crutch in the first few chapters since everyone else trying to get going on their stats and he already has his. He disappears for a while so when he finally shows up again most of the other characters have caught up to him. But, his usefulness persists anyways. I'd say he's spot on too.

Good as wel

234555ecd0a74f1aa7ebc3026689bcf6.png

Eh, a novice archer with stats to match. Not only does he start weak, he disappears for several chapters and by the time he returns everyone has left him in the dust. His mox looks promising but everything else seems lacking. Since he disappears for so long I'd say the only way to get people to use him when he shows up again is give him a solid prf weapon or something.

He seems perfectly fine to me, but if you don't want to use him, there's always the next archer you get in ch10~

b371cf2fbbeac24371cbd1d32f97905b.png

There's not much to say about Tara. She's a solid healer and purty to boot.

Thank you miss AK~

b257a9a772b2b87e88f2db2ef2a2f659.png

Pretty standard thief who's also gone for a really long time. Lots of agil and not a whole lot of anything else except dex and luck maybe. He's hard to use in combat though thankfully there's enough FoW chapters to help his usefulness.

Did you by chance find his prf weapon?

66985a76c59d3d623e832f371e8f2efd.png

Total crutch. Seriously, this guy got me out of so many jams it's ridiculous. He can pretty much solo chapters on his own if he wanted to. Big stats, big weapon; he dominates everyone.

Why do I get the feeling he might die later?

Maybeeeeeeee

d9c57a2f4181a4605f45c23b9c965dc2.png

Red drip is pretty average IMO. He helps a fair amount but he's not dominating (Which for balancing, he shouldn't). There's not much to say, he's there and does his job.

Mmk good

3de5fd8cc206d0f1db2062cadf631e0e.png

Gold drip is just a hair above Aaron, if only because of the better agil. Otherwise, they're almost the same.

Good as well

077237c45123d4da99ff3c89679e3c39.png

Frail mages are frail. I ended up giving her the wizard robe because I couldn't stand the frailness anymore. I found it hard to really use her since there aren't too many magic enemies in the beta and physical units tend to cut her to pieces. She helped a little against knights as long as they didn't have harpoons. But again, frail.

Mages are typically frail, but her speed and luck should make up for it.

What happened to Cam? I saw his map sprite show up in ch 8 briefly but then he disappeared.

Massive fail on my part, he's recruitable in ch7, but is supposed to auto join in 8. I forgot to add in the last part.

Nope, you must have been unlucky :<

Not sure how to change that.

I don't have access to my computer where I have my ROM stuff at the moment, so I can't post it myself, but Mariobro found a condition that makes it only activates when it's a player unit that triggers it. It should be on SoS.

IIRC it's not "player character triggers", it's "player phase"

Which is essentially the same thing but it's a difference all the same.

ignore me I'm a programmer these things matter to me

I'll save him the trouble and just show him an example.

EventName:
//This is the ASM routine that checks if the unit is triggering the event during the player phase or not.
IFAT 0x1 0x7A2F1
ENUF 0x0A
ELSE 0x0B
//End of Statement corresponding to ID 0x1
ENIF 0x1
Do other things, blah blah
//End of statement corresponding to ID 0x0B
ENIF 0x0B
ENDA

• 4 weeks later...

Err...I read alittle bit of the arguing going on in here, but my main issue is this:

1. ch. 1 find froze at one point during the Zeek/Lee convo when you rescue him.

2. I respect your decision to make the lockpick "near" the building, but I'd have to agree with others that I'd be better placed in the building. Just for simplicity reasons.

3. And here's really my only issue: IT WONT DISPLAY CHAPTER 3. I click to load it, I hear music, and nothing happens...

Sorry in advance if somewhere in these 12 pages it's already explained.

Edited by ziose0