my asian rant

tatf987

ive always wondered why are the asian people bad?,or lose alot for that matter.Take for instance the korean dude from home alone 3,and some asian people from kill bill(dont remember the name),for losing take for instance the yakuza in deadliest warrior,they lost to the mafia,and that dude from the verizon commercial.I just dont get it what do people have against asians?*deep breath*done.

I think you're thinking too much into the issue, I doubt anyone (except for those racists who probably hate every other race except for their own) actually has anything against asians in general. As for them losing in some movies/tv shows, well someone's gotta lose right?

I think you're thinking too much into the issue, I doubt anyone (except for those racists who probably hate every other race except for their own) actually has anything against asians in general. As for them losing in some movies/tv shows, well someone's gotta lose right?

eh i guess your right

I actually agree that Asians are becoming more of a common target now. I would also like to know why Asian people are being criticized as harsh as I've experienced. It might be because where I live but I really would like to know why some people just dislike Asians. I understand the general stereotypes but the hate part is really what's puzzling me.

Edited by UberLughFTW

Hmm I actually never payed all that much attention. Usually all I saw was they'd make asians the smart guys xD

Ew I just realized that they don't do much with native americans unless it's placed in older times and that probably the time native americans showed up was with Jacob Black

I mean I agree that with some it could be that the bad guy just happened to get an asian person in his(/her) role, but I would think that at least some of those they'd be some stupid dumb bias.

(Aw I hope that didn't sound repetitive =_=)

People are probably first and foremost worried about the Chinese due to their large numbers, sophisticated culture which they have a habit of sabotoging/destroying on rare occasions (see book burnings, great leaps forward, etc) and language which is difficult to penetrate easily, and (stereotype here, not necessarily held by this one) servile demeanor which one therefore assumes belies hostile intentions. That's my guess?

Personally, I'm not too worried about asians, I think the ones I've met are cool.

There was one time I even made a strong emotional connection with an asian girl just by sitting next to her and talking. As we talked I felt we had so little and yet so much in common, just being by her brought me a sense of contentment and peace I do not normally feel. I have no idea if she had ANY connection with me. I kind of hope not. My mind is filled with darkness and death along with light and hope. So is hers, most likely.

As a counter argument, there are way more white people in Western television and movies who are "victimized" by being the bad guy. That means they're targeting white people!!!???

It has nothing to do with "targeting" a race at all. If every role in television or movies was filled by a white person, that would be even more racist for excluding everyone else.

As a counter argument, there are way more white people in Western television and movies who are "victimized" by being the bad guy. That means they're targeting white people!!!???

It has nothing to do with "targeting" a race at all. If every role in television or movies was filled by a white person, that would be even more racist for excluding everyone else.

It has NOTHING to do with it? That seems like a slightly extreme statement. I think that television marketers make a conscious decision to cast tv series in certain ways. They certainly look for good actors and all that, but...they also have the demographic in mind.

It would probably make some sense for most roles in American TV right now to be filled by whites since most Americans are white, but since TV is not meant to represent average, ordinary life of the viewer only, but give them the feel - real or not - for something different, it makes sense to overrepresent minorities in terms of the incentives of television.

It has NOTHING to do with it? That seems like a slightly extreme statement. I think that television marketers make a conscious decision to cast tv series in certain ways. They certainly look for good actors and all that, but...they also have the demographic in mind.

It would probably make some sense for most roles in American TV right now to be filled by whites since most Americans are white, but since TV is not meant to represent average, ordinary life of the viewer only, but give them the feel - real or not - for something different, it makes sense to overrepresent minorities in terms of the incentives of television.

To me it seemed like tatf987 was ranting about it being racist that Asian people were often the badguys or often lost in American media. Unless the context of the movie implies racism as a theme or is a racist piece entirely, the fact that the badguy happens to not be white doesn't mean they're being racist, or in other words, "targeting" a specific race in a negative fashion.

Oh please you could get more bad guys from Christopher Lee and Alan Rickman.

Quite right, quite right my good chum. BTW, how did you choose such a name as Not Mikethfc? I am quite confused as to what it might signify!!!

Quite right, quite right my good chum. BTW, how did you choose such a name as Not Mikethfc? I am quite confused as to what it might signify!!!

Well you know how when something that would seem completely insignificant to most people ends up having such a profound impact on your life that it changes your thought perspecitve and makes you feel like a completely different person?

It wasn't that, it was just so I could make a joke that was mediocre at best in the mafia forum.

Edited by Mikethfc

What do you mean? You Chi-neese "people" have been inferior since the beginning. You think just cause you get good grades in math and stuff means you're better'n me!?

ive always wondered why are the asian people bad?,or lose alot for that matter.Take for instance the korean dude from home alone 3,and some asian people from kill bill(dont remember the name),for losing take for instance the yakuza in deadliest warrior,they lost to the mafia,and that dude from the verizon commercial.I just dont get it what do people have against asians?*deep breath*done.

By "bad," do you mean as the villain, or just not skilled enough? I'll break down your examples.

HA3: It's an Asian actor. It wasn't white guy v. Asian guy. It was just kid v. adult.

KBI&II: The Crazy 88? They are fucking bad-ass! They were IN JAPAN, what kind of people did you expect to be there? And, I feel I must remind you that other opponents in that movie include: a black woman, a redneck, an elderly man, a woman with one eye, and a super-hot and insane schoolgirl (although she is also an Asian stereotype but whatever haha). Hell, I think Asians got the second-most amount of screen-time in that movie.

DW: It's based on statistics (I guess), not personal preference lol.

Uh...what?

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Its unfair! How come the black guy always die in the horror movie?

YOu've just made this doubly relevant

Agreed. Black people get shafted waaaay more than asians.

Normally in the movies I watch they're the ones doing the shafting.

This is what we call a 'confirmation bias'.

Well you know how when something that would seem completely insignificant to most people ends up having such a profound impact on your life that it changes your thought perspecitve and makes you feel like a completely different person?

It wasn't that, it was just so I could make a joke that was mediocre at best in the mafia forum.

Well, at least it was a mediocre at best joke and not a goddamn awful one!

Gotta love just how the dumb bitch did it in a school that's plurality, if not outright majority Asian.

Dude I read the (or rather part of the admittedly not very good but not exactly bad in hindsight) Chung Kuo series, I know about majority asian worlds.