Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paper Jam, I'm not going to ask you to re-do any auditions, but, would you be able to scream into the mic?

I could yell, certainly. If you're talking about all-out, raise-my-pitch-two-octaves screaming, that would hurt my throat if I did it more than once or twice. I don't think my speech would be intelligible either.

Edited by Paper Jam

The auditions, people can say at however speed they want.

The actual result, the dialogue will match how the characters talk. (Normal text speed setting)

And no, I didn't look at the auditions in my e-mail yet. I forgot to, but I will soon. I saw four.

Edited by etern

Hi, there! I'm new to the forum, and love this idea! Rather than go through several pages, I just wanted to ask what the progress on this project is. I've never participated in something like this before, but think it would be really fun! Love the Tellius series!

Lethran, so far we just have auditions going on. If you're interested in this project, then you should audition for someone (or more than one person; as that will make the process so much easier). We're looking for a LOT more voices. Especially female, since I'm the only girl that's auditioned so far.

I do have a friend of mine, Zariu (she's not on this forum, though) who said she could help out. Thing is, she doesn't exactly have a "female" voice, and is wondering who she could try out for.

Any ideas you want me to give her?

Mysterio: I just listened to your audition lines. Quite a bit you want -- WHICH IS GOOD! We need people to apply for various voices, if they can. Again, I have a problem hearing the lines, and Bertram's just sounded like Darth Vader breathing, lol. Is there a way for you to redo them? I ask because, let's say you get the part of all characters, for example. It wouldn't sound good, if I have to pump up the volume for the audio, as well as the background noise. It'd be a mess. If you can't get rid of the background noise, I'll see if I can track down an editing program (or use Audacity, I don't know), to remove the background noise.

Ragnell: I didn't listen to yours, only because I think you posted them in this thread, as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, and if I am, I'll go listen to them.

Paper Jam: It's the same deal as Ragnell. I believe I listened to them through the thread in here, so, I ignored them. Unless you can provide a reason for me listening to the e-mail attachments.

Toothpaste: I did enjoy your Bastian voice. And I do agree with people thinking he does have a British accent. So far, I have no complaints, but, you could put more British...ness (lol...) in the voice, if you wanted to.

When I say "complaints," I mean stuff like me not being able to hear it or anything.

As for Zariu... She said she's going to try out for Jill. But, I did tell her that she could try for Rolf/Tormod/Sothe/Tanith/Lethe. She I believe can't handle Rolf/Tormod, I forgot her answer to Sothe, I believe she can't do Tanith, Lethe "might be fun~", but she'll probably go for Jill.

Mysterio: I just listened to your audition lines. Quite a bit you want -- WHICH IS GOOD! We need people to apply for various voices, if they can. Again, I have a problem hearing the lines, and Bertram's just sounded like Darth Vader breathing, lol. Is there a way for you to redo them? I ask because, let's say you get the part of all characters, for example. It wouldn't sound good, if I have to pump up the volume for the audio, as well as the background noise. It'd be a mess. If you can't get rid of the background noise, I'll see if I can track down an editing program (or use Audacity, I don't know), to remove the background noise.

I will see what I can do. And yeah, I picked out quite a few voices <_< I'll definitely have something re-sent by this week's end.

I don't think so. Here is what I was thinking during the audio:

Ilyana: You made her sound sick. Which is perfect for Ilyana, because I believe she is sick. (I think she mentions it, I dunno.) Plus, she sounds innocent, which is also what I think Ilyana has going for her.

Mia: Mia sounds energetic, which, in my opinion, seems perfect for her, as well.

Marcia: I only had one real "hope" for Marcia. And that's if who ever voiced Marcia, would be able to yell, because, you know, Makalov recruit and all that. Which you nailed perfectly.

I have no complaints whatsoever, and if you must use your iPhone to do the audio, that's fine. I'll be using Sony Vegas to edit the project, and I can play .mov files in Vegas, I believe. I'll check right now.

Yeah. I can play .mov files in Vegas, so that works out fine.

Now, I just thought of something, so I edited it into the first post. As usual, to avoid everyone reading through all that text per update, I will quote it below.

How do I know if I got the voice?

It recently dawned on me, that, if I approve of a character voice, I should do something. ... Er. Here's what I mean. I'll use an example, of a voice I haven't heard yet; Ikanau. (Ikanau is the boss of Chapter 2) Let's say someone applies for Ikanau, and does a really good job, and I say that I love the voice. Then, I will wait one month. If I don't hear a better voice within that time, then the person who voiced for Ikanau, would get the part. At the moment, I really enjoyed The Tiny Imp's Sanaki, and CR-S01's Mia, Ilyana, and Marcia. Therefore, I will wait one month from today -- October 19, 2011 -- before giving the final result for those four characters. Also. Just because I really enjoyed those voices, does NOT mean that no one else can apply right now. People can still apply for these characters, but, once it hits November 19, 2011, if a better voice did not show up, then those spots will be reserved. The reason it's one month, and not something like, a week, is because people are still looking at the project, and thinking of voices to do. It would be unfair if I simply gave a voice to someone, when another person could do a better job. Another reason that it's one month, is because we still have all the voices available. As time goes on, the waiting period will become shorter. But for now, it's one month. When I approve of a voice, I will say so in the thread itself, not on the main post here.

Edited by etern

If I might suggest something, how about moving the voices that are on a timer right above the cast list? That way, you can have them organized by date and others will be able to know more easily than hunting through the paragraph (as it stands).

EDIT: Maybe tack on the dates too? So that if a voice you hear tomorrow is added, new auditioners know when the existing deadlines expire (as I assume they are all on a month timer from the first hearing of them, and not all on November 19, though this might be the case).

EDIT2: And voices re-submitted. Just in case you check here before the E-mail...

Edited by Mysterio

Good idea. Suggestion accepted.

Auditions that I approve of, but you can still apply for:

Mia:

Will be voiced By: At the moment; CR-S01

Deadline for a new voice: November 19, 2011.

Marcia:

Ilyana:

Sanaki:

Will be voiced By: At the moment; TheTinyImp

*You can still apply for the above voices. But at the moment, these are the ones I really enjoyed. After November 19, no more voices will be accepted for the above characters, Sanaki, Ilyana, Marcia, and Mia.

Edited by etern

Looking through the script on this site for PoR, it dawned on me. Would you guys be all right with scrolling through all those pages, finding your parts? Or would you like me to make a document, putting all your parts together per character?

For example. Ike would have an entire document to himself. So would Titania, Gatrie, Greil, etc.

If you guys do want me to do the document thing -- which I don't mind, but it'll take a while -- I must point out that I won't be pointing out when they say their lines. Let me try to explain that better. I'll use Ike as an example.

Ike's very first line, outside of the cutscene, is this:

Nn... Yeah, I'll be fine.

Which is obviously in the prologue. In the Epilogue, Ike's last line, is this:

If they want a greeting, surely their new queen, Elincia, would suffice. I'll go speak to her.

Now, the way I would have the document, is each line Ike said would come right after the other one. This is exactly how it'll look:

• Line
  • Line
  • Line
  • Line
  • Line
  • Line
  • Line
  • Line

Etc. It will be split up to different parts, while still being in the document all together. I am already working on Ike's, just in case you guys want me to do the document thing. I just finished noting down Chapter 4.

Long story short, which way would you all prefer? I want to make this easy for you, since you will be reading and talking... a LOT. >v>

I'm fine with having my own documents.

Ok, I have a question. Will we also be dubbing the cutscenes? The one that I'm thinking about in particular is the one where Reyson and Leanne restore Serenes to its former glory.

I'm sorry that this is such an obvious question, but some fandubs I've seen do little to edit the cutscenes, so I'd just like to know.

Ok, I have a question. Will we also be dubbing the cutscenes? The one that I'm thinking about in particular is the one where Reyson and Leanne restore Serenes to its former glory.

I'm sorry that this is such an obvious question, but some fandubs I've seen do little to edit the cutscenes, so I'd just like to know.

I'm going to try to do the cutscenes as well, yes. I don't know how well they will turn out, because I don't know how to use some of the sound effects, such as when The Black Knight talks, as well as the background music that's not in (I think) the music section in Extras.

Worst case scenario, I don't do the cutscenes, but, I will definitely try.

And in regards for the document thing, I'll do it for those who want the documents, so that I don't need to pointlessly make files that will be unused. >v>

I went ahead and made the basic Ike file (I'm sure somebody will need that one <_<), but I am not quite sure what all should be included. I have the main story with all the branched convos, but should I include supports or base convos as well?

I'm going to try to do the cutscenes as well, yes. I don't know how well they will turn out, because I don't know how to use some of the sound effects, such as when The Black Knight talks, as well as the background music that's not in (I think) the music section in Extras.

Worst case scenario, I don't do the cutscenes, but, I will definitely try.

And in regards for the document thing, I'll do it for those who want the documents, so that I don't need to pointlessly make files that will be unused. >v>

For the Black Knight, adding an echo to the voice should be exactly what you need. Maybe if you look around the internet you can find it. Idk. Just tossing out ideas.

Ok, thanks.