QUINTESSENCE? DONT UNDERSTAND

General Banzai

You are feeding a troll, stop since it only serves to entertain the troll and get yourself warned.

I'm actually rather offended. "Trolling" implies that the arguments weren't serious, which is certainly not the case. A little on the flippant side in presentation, but valid and relevant.

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you not read his posts about FE8 over on the Sacred Stones board? He's literally obsessed with the game. The odds of him critiquing that game as... uh... "thoroughly" as this one is infinitesimal. Better off betting on the Knicks to win a championship.

It gives me something to do, and I actually did get him to concede two points in this game. Also -- Sirius, I know what I'm about to say is flaming, but this is the last thing I'll say on this subject that isn't constructive -- if you're going to go on about his proofreading, you might want to proof your own posts. It's odds ... are, not odds ... is. :D:

You are feeding a troll, stop since it only serves to entertain the troll and get yourself warned.

I know, I know, I shouldn't. But I don't think someone who takes himself as seriously as he does can really be considered a troll, just pretentious, again I know this is flaming, but I'm just explaining myself. Anyway, I don't intend to do anything like this again, at least any time soon; I'm not gonna promise that I'll be perfect since it's stupid for me to, because I know myself well enough to know that I probably will do something similar in a similar situation. Plus it's not like I was planning on carrying this on indefinitely.

so...can this thead die/get locked esle someone esle has something to contribute?

There is nothing to gain whatsoever from having this locked.

If anyone else has anything to say here, they'll say it and the thread will continue. If not, they won't say anything, the thread will die, and we'll move on to the FE8 analysis when Banzai posts it. That's how threads are expected to work; there's no reason to be concerned about forcing it into one fate or another, and certainly no reason to continue distracting from any meaningful discussion anyone might care to post by continuing to harp on this pointless matter of meta-discussion.

There is nothing to gain whatsoever from having this locked.

No offense, but considering that most of this topic is filled with (you and Banzai using) the type of logic you see ShockOfGod using (Read: The logic involving making debate challenges, making arguments that get clearly debunked, ignoring the opponent's response and refusing to acknowledge the opponent, and making the same challenge over and over again therefore producing the same results), there might not be anything for you or Banzai to gain, but I for one am getting really sick and tired of seeing this topic on the front page whenever I sign into the forums. And I'm sure other people are too. If there's anything the forum in general can gain from this topic being locked, it would be the pleasure of not having to see this topic ever again. Edited by Elmer

there might not be anything for you or Banzai to gain, but I for one am getting really sick and tired of seeing this topic on the front page whenever I sign into the forums. And I'm sure other people are too. If there's anything the forum in general can gain from this topic being locked, it would be the pleasure of not having to see this topic ever again.

i agree with this, cause this is just getting silly, every point and agruement has been maded and this topic is going nowhere

No offense, but considering that most of this topic is filled with (you and Banzai using) the type of logic you see ShockOfGod using (Read: The logic involving making debate challenges, making arguments that get clearly debunked, ignoring the opponent's response and refusing to acknowledge the opponent, and making the same challenge over and over again therefore producing the same results), there might not be anything for you or Banzai to gain, but I for one am getting really sick and tired of seeing this topic on the front page whenever I sign into the forums. And I'm sure other people are too. If there's anything the forum in general can gain from this topic being locked, it would be the pleasure of not having to see this topic ever again.

It's unfortunate that you feel that way. I'd ask for specific examples, but I'm already getting the feeling that arguing this point won't get anyone anywhere, either. What I will say is that your feelings do not appear to be widespread. Many people here have encouraged discussion even when they disagree with the opening statement, to the point where they have even requested a second thread like this one, which will be made and run to its conclusion whether or not you find it mildly distasteful. In fact, your feelings about our methods of argument seem to be held only by those who hold FE7 as their favorite game. Coincidence? I think not. Really, if you dislike this thread so much, let it die rather than bumping it with more of this derailment. Please do not derail this thread again with discussion about whether or not it should be locked; it's honestly just not your business at all what happens to it. Whether or not you or others agree to cease this, though, this will be my last response on the subject.

Anyway, now that you've drawn my attention to this thread again, I must bring up an interesting point about FE7's story that I realized while discussing the stories of the earlier games with Banzai. The early games in general do not explore particularly deep into any characters or their motivations at all, and have particularly undeveloped villains, at least within the respective games' stories. The most concrete part of this I observed is that unless I am mistaken, FE7 is the first FE game to show scenes occurring outside the map where the main character currently is. It is not, as Banzai and I portrayed it before, some random tangent in terms of storytelling away from a particularly good pattern. Rather, FE7 was the first FE game to try to really develop the characters and especially the villains, and failed only because IS did not yet have the experience with such matters to learn how to do it properly. It is worth giving it credit for this, even though I would not say this makes its story or overall quality any better. FE7 was a step in the right direction for the FE series, towards the development seen in FE8, FE9, and FE10; it was simply not a step into the right place.

I believe this may help put things into a better perspective. Anyone agree? Disagree?

Edited by Othin

I would honestly prefer that this thread just die off, but not for the reasons already presented.

Rather, I'm... physically sensitive to hostility (or, more accurately, blatantly over-the-top arrogance), and this thread (well at least the last few pages) have been just full of it. By all means, start another thread like this one, but this thread in particular is just a brewing ground for shitstorms at the moment.

No offense, but considering that most of this topic is filled with (you and Banzai using) the type of logic you see ShockOfGod using (Read: The logic involving making debate challenges, making arguments that get clearly debunked, ignoring the opponent's response and refusing to acknowledge the opponent, and making the same challenge over and over again therefore producing the same results), there might not be anything for you or Banzai to gain, but I for one am getting really sick and tired of seeing this topic on the front page whenever I sign into the forums. And I'm sure other people are too. If there's anything the forum in general can gain from this topic being locked, it would be the pleasure of not having to see this topic ever again.

no offense but you are allowed to stop clicking on this thread

not that i agree with banzai's point of view or anything (I don't) but christ dude...

I would honestly prefer that this thread just die off, but not for the reasons already presented.

Rather, I'm... physically sensitive to hostility (or, more accurately, blatantly over-the-top arrogance), and this thread (well at least the last few pages) have been just full of it. By all means, start another thread like this one, but this thread in particular is just a brewing ground for shitstorms at the moment.

and we'd rather avoid shitstorms if possible.

Nothing to lose by closing it either (unless we count stopping more arrogant flame-baiting and hostility on a thread that's had more discussion than 90% of non-tier list threads as something worth losing).

Question or concerns should be done through PM or ticket, any thread made for the purpose of asking this thread is just getting warned and that's no joke.

Also Paperblade was the only winner of this thread.

Edited by Tangerine