FEXP

BwdYeti

7d8b7ffa710d146027c822adfa70f5dd.png

The FEXP toolkit has been BwdYeti's pet project for almost three years, the product of countless hours of research, trial and error. Numerous resources were utilised in its creation, and a great many hands are to be credited for making it possible.

However, in light of recent and repeated adversities, it has become evident that maintaining the security of these consolidated efforts is impossible under the current system. As such, the FEXP project will cease development immediately and the FE7x project will continue development in XNA.

What this means for you, the end-user, is that the incomplete FEXP package is now available! Under the new FEXP forum, you will find tutorials, scripts and packages as they are uploaded - and of course, the engine itself.

I look forward to seeing what you do with the package!

So yeah. Work on FEXP as my primary focus has stopped, I'm taking FE7x in a new direction. But you can use FEXP as it is now yourself, and hopefully the community can still make something great from this

Obviously RPG Maker XP is required

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this geared specifically towards emulating the GBA Fire Emblems, or any type of SRPG? 'Cause the latter's had ton of work already and numerous ways people can make their own already available for years now.

So is this geared specifically towards emulating the GBA Fire Emblems, or any type of SRPG? 'Cause the latter's had ton of work already and numerous ways people can make their own already available for years now.

D- oh

the former, then

because clearly it wasn't self-evident in the title

It's definitely great that this engine is finally available for public use, many thanks for putting all that time and effort into creating it. Although what worries me is its uncertain future; now that you, as I understand FEXP's primary programmer, have stopped working on it, who's going to improve it and support it?

Additionally, is there a possiblity of a future FE editor created using XNA, in a similar manner as to what FEXP was to the original FE7x?

Edited by VincentASM

• 4 weeks later...

Small update to FEXP:

[spoiler=Changelog]1.0.1 - Aug 22 2011

- Added a new map to show some of the added features/how to do things that weren't explained yet

-- Chest and Door event examples given, and events that activate x turns after a door opens

- Reinforcements can be made bosses/can be set to drop their equipment; call $game_map.add_boss or $game_map.add_drop before your add_unit script call

- Talk events work more properly now, and can run full event controls; Test Map 2 has an example of how to use one for recruitment

- The main player character can be set/works with autocursor and the Data screen. Use $game_system.allied_leader_id = <actor_id> to set the id manually, otherwise it will use the first found actor in FE_Config::MAIN_CHARACTER

http://forums.bwdyet...p?showtopic=461

Edited by BwdYeti

• 3 years later...

First of all don't necropost. I am not Mod but I don't like such things.

Next Give more details about this problem screenshots etc.

I am helping everyone for their FEXP problems in Tread clled Improving FEXP engine. (I know that it's not the original purpose of tread but whatever.)

I won't promise much but I will try my best. This tread is for FEXP engine not about problems caused by unknown reason. That's all I have to say.

I shall take my leave.