FEXP

BwdYeti

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I know like no one goes on this post but I need help on some things in FEXP.

1. How do I change a class' gender? (E.g: Male to Female Swordsmaster, Male to Female Mage)

2. I have a General (who is Hector) who can't use axes. In the Unit Data I gave him a weapon level of C in Lances and Axes, but only the Lance one shows up. Any solutions on this? His Axe is an Iron Axe.

Edited by cherrim98

Yeti's Generals can't use axes, I think they use swords, so you have to change that in the class data. Changing a class' gender, I think gender is tied to specific units rather than classes, so you'd make the actor or generic use a different gender (for actors, I think it's in their Max MP)

Yeti's Generals can't use axes, I think they use swords, so you have to change that in the class data. Changing a class' gender, I think gender is tied to specific units rather than classes, so you'd make the actor or generic use a different gender (for actors, I think it's in their Max MP)

It is tied to units my mistake. What do I have to edit in their MP?

From Klok's ultimate tutorial:

888c06fc7dc29888b0a04607912b40be.png

(if you weren't aware, even numbers including 0 are male, odd numbers starting at 1 are female. So you could have a General gender 0 for normal generals, then one with special armor for hector and gender it 2 and he'll use that battle sprite but all the regular class data)

Edited by 47948201

Yeti hasn't included the female swormaster sprite (actually even in my version of FEXNA, there's just the default male one), but Klok has probably made it, ask him.

I'm aware, which I can do on my own. If she was a female, there would be no battle animation, and her map sprite would be different. I looked at the "Swordy" from the base FEXP, and it said Level 9 was > to 7, which I did. But Lyn is still a Male Swordsmaster.

Well that's all I can think of, having not used FEXP in forever and not having RMXP on this computer to check, so maybe you should plop your project here for someone who is able to open it and say what's going on?

Sure thing. I will do so tomorrow.

I downloaded and looked through your game, and found answers to both of your questions.

1. Klokinator's ultimate tutorial is actually incorrect on what level you have to change in the MP tab. It is level 8 you have to change to either 0 for male, 1 for female, not level 9 as the tutorial states.

2. You not only have to set Hector's weapon level in Unit Info, but also have to give a max weapon level for axes for generals as a class in the Max Weapon Levels tab in the Configuration section of the script editor.

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

I downloaded and looked through your game, and found answers to both of your questions.

1. Klokinator's ultimate tutorial is actually incorrect on what level you have to change in the MP tab. It is level 8 you have to change to either 0 for male, 1 for female, not level 9 as the tutorial states.

2. You not only have to set Hector's weapon level in Unit Info, but also have to give a max weapon level for axes for generals as a class in the Max Weapon Levels tab in the Configuration section of the script editor.

I hope this helped. If you have any other questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Thanks so much. Also, I fixed the Hector thing already so thanks =)

Hey guys, I have another question. I added a Nosferatu tome, and used the data from the Runesword. However, its icon does not display even though I set it to Dark Magic. Anyone know how to fix this?

"Sorry to be a bother. -Jakob"

To change the weapon icon, go into the Database/Weapons, and find Nosferatu. Then you should find on the page PDEF. This select which weapon icon will be used for the item. The first item is icon is PDEF 0, and to get an item down the list, simply increase the number below PDEF.

To change the weapon icon, go into the Database/Weapons, and find Nosferatu. Then you should find on the page PDEF. This select which weapon icon will be used for the item. The first item is icon is PDEF 0, and to get an item down the list, simply increase the number below PDEF.

"Thank you very much" -Reina

Hey guys, AGAIN. I know I'm a nusiance, but I have two problems.

Death Quotes do not display when an actor dies, but I just hear the text box typing and then the unit will die.

Also, I do I implement boss music in a fight?

1. In regards to death quotes, make sure that they are formatted correctly. They should look like this:

DEATH_QUOTES = {
6 => # Laverton
'\f[1|Laverton]\s[1]I died? But how? I am Invincible!',
}
2. To add boss music, first go into Fire Emblem General, and go to line 1888, which should be right under the function play_battle_theme. Type in:
def get_battle_theme(id)
return @battle_themes[id] if @battle_themes.keys.include?(id)
return BATTLE_THEMES[id] if BATTLE_THEMES.keys.include?(id)
return ''
end
After you type in these lines, go to Unit Info and type underneath the Death Quotes section:
BATTLE_THEMES = {
6 => 'Title of Music'
}
- The 6 in this case refers to actor 6, which is the unit that gets the boss music. Note that you can indeed give anyone their own theme, not just bosses!
I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, do not be afraid to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

It's me, yet again. I was wondering how can I edit the names of the stages on the title screen.

(e.g. Test Map into Chapter 1)

Also for my death quotes, they only appear in one line, how do I make this into another? I tried "|" But it didn't work as well. And enter will disable the code.

For your first question, go to the script section (F11) and either look for the script with the name "Title" or just do a ctrl+shift+f and search for "ary.push('Test Map 2')" without the " mark. You can add/edit titles there. It's also the very same script where you can add new chapters in, use ctrl+f and use "# Actual Map" without the " mark as a keyword to find it.

For your second question, try using ' at the end of a sentence after inserting | and follow it up with a + sign, then go to a second line and start it up with a '.

Something like this for an example:

'Text text text text.|' +

'more text text text.',
I'll admit I'm assuming it works a bit similar to how descriptions work, since I haven't personally messed around with death quotes as of yet, but feel free to try it, I can't imagine it being too different in function.