NDS Patching question (xdelta- lolwut?)

Maji

I'm not 100% sure where to post this, so I'm putting it in Hacking Questions seeing as the description says it includes asking problems with patching. If not, feel free to move where it is supposed to go.

A few days ago, I got a patch that was in xdelta form and I don't know a thing about it! I tried various resources to try figuring out how to operate this thing, but to no avail. If possible, can someone perhaps provide a guide from the internet or just post how to make it work?

Finally, is there anything else I may need? All I have is the Notepad program (which I think I may need to create the Patch.bat file whatever that is), the game I'm going to patch and the xdelta file.

Places I looked:

GBAtemp- I DID find a guide, but it mentioned making a Patch.bat file and I am unsure how to create one of those. (Link to what I read)

This site's ROM Hacking board, but no mention of xdelta.

A specific example might help.

Are you trying to APPLY a patch or CREATE a patch? Because applying is usually as easy as drag-and-drop or possibly a GUI-based program, it depends on what the creator of the patch included. Creating a patch is slightly harder I'll admit in which case some more details would be nice, whatever you can give so that we don't have to be vague.

^And that link you gave didn't work for me, unfortunately...

Download XDelta and the patch. Have them in the same folder. Make sure xdelta is called 'xdelta.exe'. The clean, unpatched ROM should be 2ch-ct.nds. Copy the following into a text file and save it as "apply.bat" (make sure when you save it's not a .txt file extension at all--you may have to select "all files" on the dropbox when entering "apply.bat" as the name or it may add the ".txt" extension automatically).

xdelta.exe -d -s 2ch-ct.nds 2ch-ct.xdelta 2ch-ct_EN.nds

double-click apply.bat and a file called 2ch-ct_EN.nds should appear. Haven't tried this but it should work in theory. Let me know if it doesn't.