Abysmal Souls Chapter 5

ReformBlade

Carrion

Wanting nothing more than to shove Adrian to the side, she didn't. It wouldn't solve anything, and more importantly there was no rhyme or reason for the urge to pop up like that. I guess I'm just a violent person... I'm amazed he's put up with it for this long. "Now look here... whoever you are. You asked who did all of it? There wasn't anyone else. I haven't done everything that you've probably heard, but it was all. In self. Defense. People fear me! There's always some fearmongering jerks going around believing every lie about me and I can't dissuade anyone from these lies, it's so dumb!" Wringing her hands in the air, she couldn't hold her temper any more, "You think I'm violent, think of all those goddamned witch hunts, all the times I've been killed, left for dead... or worse." Without letting the man respond, she climbed into the back of the wagon hoping to be alone, only to find Ellandra there. It didn't bother her at all, but it did make her crying feel a little inappropriate, opting to stare at the floor to try and hide it, though the shaking she did gave it away.

Grant

"Alright then..." he commented as he made his way to the front. "That wasn't the best way to go about this you do realize, right? Jumping on a moving wagon and accusing someone like that? Now I'm not trying to defend her, I've got my own reasons for being here, getting roped in one of them, but learn some tact in the future, sir. Could save your life. You got off easy, no burns no nothing..." Shrugging he hopped into the front seat and waited for his cue.

Arcen and Aiduen

"Sure!" was his first response, just now realizing how attractive Giselle was, completely disregarding any practicality in a fight or any danger from the situation.

"Wait, don't be so quick to say yes! I mean, does she even know what we're going to be doing? Look... we're going after the witch down south, Carrion said... "

Ignatius

"My apologies, child. We shall make it to a town soon enough, but rest if you need it." The wolf man stood watch, though he knew wouldn't need to if those soldiers had any sort of intelligence.

Edited by RainbowKitty

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Islanders, what was left of them

Alfred knew he was going to die. This girl had been wounded when he had seen her earlier, but it seemed that Alison had healed her, not knowing what would occur from it. He yelled at Reynor and Beatrice to run, as he was taken down to the ground, unable to get the entire sentence out as his chest was melted into a smoldering pile of burnt flesh and blood, his face twisted into unexplainable amounts of pain. Jake wasn't able to get up, and has resolved himself to dying as a mercenary. And so he did, almost smiling. Beatrice ran. She cried, and screamed, and she ran. The sight of her friends dying in horribly painful and torturous ways, more than her mind could take. She had to find some way off of the island, or some way to kill that monster.

And Reynor... Reynor huddled into his ball on the ground, crying and shaking, too scared to move. "Please don't kill me, please don't kill me, please don't kill me..." was all he was saying, as he heart the gross noise of Alfred's death. He would've screamed if his voice hadn't gotten caught in his throat, an unmoving block of fear. He could barely breath, forcing air into him past that block. Above all else, he didn't want to die, but how could he run from that? She's just shoot him with fire. If he tried to shoot her, he wouldn't be fast enough. All of these pessimisms running through his mind, as he continued to lay there.

Andy

"A... ghost? You're j-joking, right? Those... those aren't real. Come on, something silly like..." but he, too, felt a chill in the house, one that was rather frightening. It made him shake all the way down to his feet, which was something that normally only came from having to speak to strangers. "Alright, s-so... if it is a ghost, what do we do?" He was spooked now, unable to explain the feeling that was creeping over him. So spooked, he suddenly found himself wrapped around Noel's arm, turning as red as he ever had upon this realization. "I-I uh, this... I'm..." He shut himself up and simply stood there, remaining embarrassed, but feeling rather safe, as much as he doubted a ghost could be hurt by any physical form. There's got to be some rational explanation for this, there just has to be. There can't be such a thing as ghosts...

Horatio

"Of course I was. I was also lookin' at her. Now get that cute ass out the'door, we've got a witch to follow." He was still red, but he couldn't be outdone in teasing. And being the gentleman he was, he pushed her a bit to get her moving out the door, sporting a smile still. "Right, there's a place t'get wagons near the south gate, which should be pretty close t'here. That's probably where she's off to. The wagon should be big enough too, from what I saw when I snuck into here..." He took her hand and walked her out of the inn, not wanting to waste any time. "So... you're still sure about this, right? No turnin' back now."

Lilith

"Wha..." She shook her head a bit, and scowled back at this overbearing glance from the bed ridden girl. "Who the hell d'you think you are." She growled, through gritted teeth, storming herself into the room. She wasn't about to start yelling and make a hypocrite of herself. "I don't know where you get off with this whole act of yours, implying that you're so much better than me because you speak with some sort of civility, but let me tell you, bitch, it doesn't make you any better than the people who clean the bathrooms here." She started tapping her foot, annoyed, having been unable to let her anger out at her situation since she started this job. "So why don't you take your smart ass mouth, and shut it, because I'm trying to make a living here. Which is more than I see you doing, being doted on by some smarmy knight, taken care of in your 'coma' for two weeks." She was beginning to hear her voice raise, and get a little shaky. "Where's that care for me, huh? What makes you so special?" And now she was definitely more upset than angry. "I work my ass off, in this ridiculous outfit, just so that my mother and I can stay here, after what... after what..." Finally, tears started to roll down her face.

"So where do you get off acting like you're so important? Huh?" It took all her strength to stop herself from bawling, still crying, folding her arms. "You some noble, or some shit? Thinks they can boss people around just because they've got some standing? Be that way, then. Nothing bad ever happens to you people. You'll get a nice taste of the real world one day, and then we'll see... we'll see how strong you are then..." And, there she was, unable to hold back her tears, as she held her face in her hands and started letting it out. Her legs buckled at this point, and she hit the floor, sobbing.

Adrian

He listened, again, to what had happened to Carrion, and it didn't get any easier to hear, the more she told it. But there wasn't much he could say, as she was obviously unhappy with him, at the moment. So as she climbed onto the back, so did he, but he didn't say anything. She seemed... rather volatile right now, and he didn't want to set that off. The shaking was a pretty obvious giveaway. "I..." nope... can't think of a thing to say. This awkward feeling was terrible, and he didn't know how to fix it. "Just... if you need someone to talk to, I'm right here. I'll... leave you alone about it, if you'd rather not, though." Alright... I think that's about all I can do. Don't want to pressure her... He felt bad about not trying to do more, but what more could he do? Well... "Or... if you, uh... just need a punching bag."

Edited by seph1212

Lunaria

The stupid one had gotten what he deserved, another one was left on the floor, he probably hadn't made it either. Lunaria got up onto her feet, wiping the charred remains of Alfred from her hands. She turned to the cowering Reynor. Her smile widened further as she extended her arm, pointing back at the mercenaries' vessel. In a flash, it burst into flames. It wouldn't burn entirely, being wet had a tendency to stop things from burning that well.

However, she had unintentionally destroyed her only way of escaping the island. All she could care about now was her beloved Reynor. It was her own island paradise, with Reynor. Eventually Aurelio would come and save them and they'd be happy forever.

Towering over him, she spoke, trembling with excitement, or madness;

"Now all the horrible people have gone, we can be together now. Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you... you're my special friend... ha ha... ha ha ha!"

She got back down to his level, extending a hand for him to grab. Her eyes devoid of any emotion other than lust.

"Come now, let's go somewhere better. There might be more horrible people around."

-----------------------------------

Jabin, captain of the mooks

A young girl had started on at Lady Lucinda, clearly upset with being asked to leave.

"Thinks they can boss people around just because they've got some standing?"

Before he could even reply, she had fallen to the ground and burst into tears. Jabin wasn't too sure what to do, he hadn't dealt with children in a long time.

"Now young one, all people, noble or not, suffer hardships. From the reports I've heard, Lady Lucinda entered her trance after using some potent healing magic on a young man, who had been mad enough to fight a dragon. That kind of magic is incredibly risky. It is one thing to defend your rights, but another entirely to attack another based on who they may be. Hold your tongue if your words are harsh, for there are some in this world who don't take kindly to such rudeness."

Rine

Things ended up turning badly to him because of his answer. "Of course, why wouldn't it turn badly? That arrogant guy is right, she could have burned me from the very beginning. I've acted with ignorance and selfishness, and it led me there", he thought, watching the others get inside the wagon, the majority with commentaries about his stupid behavior. He felt like he should atone somehow for that, but nothing occured on his mind. Besides, she wanted to be far from him, so it should be that way until they meet again in the future. He lift from the ground and walked on his way, seeing that only the other dude was still here and Rine didn't care about him.

Finally, he headed to the road that would take him to the southern wall. The distance between Pravna and Malafetsule was the lowest, the best for a man who'd walk all this path alone. "The Crimsom Witch is probably going there, too, but we won't cross our paths so soon. My fate lies in the same height as hers, so I suppose we're going to meet again".

Danyon

Well, he was gone again... except he was walking the exact route Carrion would have to go to the south gate.

He silently mounted his horse, not having anything to say.

Sophia

"It's alright, Alyssa, don't cry..." She gently cradled her daughter, as she began to enter the small town of Varthas. Hopefully she'd be able to find more kind souls in there, willing to give her food, water, housing... anything, really.

She was lucky she was able to find someone; A small wagon, with some people inside, being pulled out of the town. Maybe she'd get a little lucky here.

"H-Hi there... My name is Sophia... and this is my daughter, Alyssa... We don't... don't have much, and we were hoping you-"

She looked up into their faces, and was somewhat surprised by who she saw. "Obelia? Is that you?"

Edited by JBCWK

-Obelia-

It's with a quiet smile that Obelia observes Ken from the other side of the wagon, though soon her casting her eyes to the side, hoping to cause him no awkward smiles or quiet glances away first. So she looks to the side for the few moments that the wagon begins to exit Varthas, a quiet tilt of her head, sure she can see someone walking along the side of-

'…Sophia?' Her eyes widen and with a smile that suddenly cuts across a rather shocked stare from the armoured woman and then with a surprised stare turning to a agape glance at her baby, Obelia for a moment forgets where she is, who she's with, her missing and then, with a grin, a true one, gently calls down to her. 'You had a baby?!? That's… amazing, she's so beautiful!'

-Langley-

Langley watches Andy's fear and feels a slight guilt cross her form, a gentle look cast to him seeing that he shares her worry. Yet after a moment, the guilt shifts to determination, standing and wobbling but standing, looking over to him and the now oddly calm Noel, a slightly inner grumble felt at seeing her friend keep so calm, a pang of something as now Andy clings to her and for that moment, feels like she should be where Noel is. But with a soft thought, she made her choice, she smiles to them both and then with another wobble, Noel casting her a rather firm 'Go rest' sort of look, she moves to the door, looking to him a bit gently, a firm denial of Noel's wish granted.

'Iregardless of whether… it's real or not, it's gonna be okay, Andy. It, whatever 'it' is, we can… handle.' She looks to Noel with a sort of 'We can, yeah?' quizzical glance to her friend, looking for some support, even if her refusal to just sleep is grating on her furry friend ever so slightly.

-Noel-

'We can handle it.' Noel's gaze is a reinforcement of this, a slightly quiet knowledge Langley's not at a hundred percent for the moment, but doing her best to smile to Andy too, the knowledge their maybe some sort of supernatural after-death imprint of a soul may be hanging around Langley's parents home… being a bit much to take after just the third or so day for Andy. She looks to the hallway landing, feeling a cool breeze and yet knowing that it's a bit odd considering it's a staircase… not a window. With a quiet glance to Langley, a small pause as her eyes have glazed over, she gently pokes her shoulder, jolting her friend ever so slightly, seeing her smile and yet still seeing some fear in her eyes, turning her head back to the rather cool feeling coming up the stairs.

-Carrie-

'Well, I'm glad I'm in your thoughts, hopefully for more then just my 'cute ass'. Though if you could get your own rather sweet ass out after me, maybe you'll get in my thoughts to.' She grins, a quiet one as she moves out the door even with a light smile across her features, hood up for the moment while looking back to him with a gentle grin. It's quite a good start to the day indeed, she finds herself musing. Listening for a bit as she walks with him, surprised he's okay with a slightly clingy girl holding his hand, so keeps a light hold on it, a raise of her eyebrows in amusement at 'sneaking in' but smiles at his question, murmuring gently. 'I was ready before, but I know I've got to do my best and maybe grow a bit along the way. I'm ready for this.'

-Ellandra-

Ellandra casts one, silent glance to Carrion. It's a small one but seeing her cry seems elongate the silence. She wonders for a moment what she can do bar going away to cheer the woman, not a witch, in front of her. She glances to her pad, thinks a bit quietly and then, with Zwool's want for forgiveness whirling in her head, she quietly scribbles something on her pad, moves over to Carrion and sets the pad down beside her, returning to the floor, laying back and watching the sky again as the paper rattles beside the moving wagon.

-I'm sorry for making you sad. I didn't mean to annoy you and you and Adrian look rather sweet together. I'd like that.-

-Zwool-

The dragon anri rests with his back against the bench. It seems people have been and still are coming and going, but for now his eyes are watching the sky, wondering what keeps the clouds up for an odd moment. He knows this is dumb but for the moment, even this trivial fleeting thought is something to occupy his thoughts, remain in his mind and give him something to do and to dwell on for some time, twirling that coin he's flipped on and off and now just cradles it within his hand, a quiet yawn from a moment of nothingness bar staring. He wonders a moment on Ellandra, but soon let's her ease from her mind, knowing he still has to try, even in the boring moments, a quiet look cast to the sky. It's… interesting/

-Lucinda-

Seeing her surprise is something that Lucinda has not called out of the question, understanding that it's most likely something she's expected. The accusation of who she believes she is would not be something she has considered out of the question for the moment, but for now she just listens a bit, watching with a tired glance that seems to sink more in, a quiet twitch at the word bitch being thrown at her but somehow, maybe physically biting her tongue as she listens for the moment, watching her quietly. She finds she resists saying anything, jut listening for a moment, quietly as well. She watches her anger grow and grow and for the moment, listening to her she see's sadness and despair, she see's tears and frustration and for the moment, her face watches, impassive and quiet. It is only at the end, listening to her, a silent touch of the Captain's shoulders and wobbling before the crying woman, she murmurs, a sober tone to her.

'Little one, there are many things I've believed over my time. I've just spent two weeks in a coma for once trying to help someone. Real life… is not confined by class or by your money. There are many who seek… to av… avoid this by accumulating so much of it, they think they are shielded from all that is bad in the world. And then one day, they may by accident or by deliberation, reach past the veil… and face reality. I've seen it. And I admit… fantasy seems like a wonderful dream about now. I'm sorry for how you must strain. I do not know how to help… bar this.' From a pocket, her fingers tracing it, she draws a bag of coins, a personal bag of money, kneeling before her, no towering over and handing it to her, murmuring. 'But if you ever want work where it does not reduce your soul to tears dealing with incompetent nobles like me, I'd like a travelling companion or the like. I can pay you; it's… considering it my apology for shouting with no understanding.'

-Seilynda-

(Forget EVERYTHING you've seen of Seilynda before. Well, not all of it, but all of it relating to the island. Take that Blue pill)

Riding still and unsure of how far her destination is quite yet, she finds the constant ride, while invigorating in some ways, still keeps her thinking on her journey ahead, where it will lead. She ignores the clatter of her spear against her back, silent bar the clopping at a quick pace of the horse, a restful moment between galloping lengths and feeding her steed with food taken from her departure to keep her horse well and able. She watches the horizon ahead, knowing Shuthra is ahead, but wondering why she heads there for the moment. She quietly growls to herself, knowing what she has to do is just run and finds a place to just…'find something' as it is. Though what she wants to find is what puzzles her.

-Giselle-

Giselle casts a bright smile to Arcen, glad he seems so enthusiastic, though for the moment seems to blink, a bit hesitant as she gains knowledge of a need for permission from this unnamed lady. But she smiles to Aiduen too, murmuring a bit gently as she stretches a bit, glancing around for this person to ask.

'I'll ask her then when I see her. Do you think she'll mind too much, honestly? I'm not that much of a bother; I can help in a scrap!'

Edited by NagafenOfIlivikitty

Reynor

They're dead. They're all fucking dead! And I'll be dead too, oh Gods... Oh Gods, please, don't let this monster kill me! I've never done anything wrong in life, I've been a normal person, I just want to live! He heard another shot of fire head off to where Alfred had been killed, finally screaming a bit as he tried to hide his head down lower. But once that fire had shot off, there was no more. The girl, Lunaria, this insane fire wielder, had brought herself over to Reynor's huddled self. "Now all the horrible people have gone, we can be together now. Don't worry, I won't let anyone hurt you... you're my special friend... ha ha... ha ha ha!" "wh-wha... what?" He stuttered out his vague question, trying to get himself to look up at her. He finally caught a glimpse of her, and her face made this ordeal even more frightening. Never before had he seen a woman's eyes so glazed over like that.

"Come now, let's go somewhere better. There might be more horrible people around." She's... she's not going to kill me...? I'd-I'd better listen to her... yes, if I don't, she'll definitely kill me. Just... just play along, Reynor. He slowly and shakily reached his hand up to hers, taking it. He expected it to be blazing hot, having just shot fire off, but it was... normal. Maybe... maybe I'll be safe after all? So still shaking, he tried his best to stand. She looked like any other girl, but after what he'd seen, he was petrified. "S-So... Lunaria, where d-d-d'you want to go?" His voice was barely higher than a whisper.

Lilith

She wiped her tears on her sleeve, ignoring the knight once again. He seemed to know what he was talking about, but she didn't care for what he had to say. She was too upset, and more than that, embarrassed that she'd exploded like that in front of two people, one who seemed to be a noble. This is perfect, isn't it? I bet she'll tell my boss, and now I'll get fired from here, because I can't control my emotions... She pulled her sleeve from her eyes, a bit startled to see this woman kneeling down to her, almost falling back. But she listened, as the woman's demeanor seemed to have drastically changed. So she listened, and it helped her calm down. Expecting to get yelled at, and being talked to calmly instead of said expectation can be quite soothing. It almost made her feel bad about yelling, almost. But her reaction changed, as a bag of money was held out to her.

'But if you ever want work where it does not reduce your soul to tears dealing with incompetent nobles like me, I'd like a travelling companion or the like. I can pay you; it's… considering it my apology for shouting with no understanding.' All that money... and on a constant basis? That would... but I don't know if I can leave my mother here just like that... and... She stood and brushed herself off, still a tad embarrassed, and blushing lightly because of it. "I don't want your charity... but... that would be nice." She shot a stern glance to the knight, scowling once again. "He won't be coming, will he? I'd rather not have to deal with men for a while." She wasn't about to start trusting some knight, no matter how gallant he seemed. "And... I'd have to ask my mother if she's alright with this. So... I'm sorry for barging in like that," she held out her hand to shake, "my name's Lilith. It's nice to meet you."

Andy

"R-Right, we can handle it." He had pried himself off of Noel's arm, still rather embarrassed about doing that. Listen, Andy, there just can't be such things as ghosts. That's ridiculous! Just... go downstairs, and you'll see. Everything will be fine. He got himself ready. As much as he didn't believe it, that chill had been enough to get him spooked. "Noel, I'll be downstairs. There just can't be such a thing as a ghost flying around, someone must have left a window open downstairs or something. A ghost is just... it's too fantastical, even in this world." So he charged downstairs, trying to be brave. But a chill shot up his spine again, leaving him standing stiff as a board at the bottom of the stairs. "J-Just an open w-window somewhere... c-come on, Andy, man up..."

Horatio

"Keep tryin', sweet cheeks, it's gonna take a lot more than that t'get me embarrassed." He didn't mind the playing, but he knew she was out of her league with him. Not like I'll stop her. It's cute. So he kept her hand in his, and kept walking to the wagons, hoping to spot one leaving. He doubted that many people would be leaving, and maybe he'd spot someone from their group, someone he'd run into the previous day. 'I was ready before, but I know I've got to do my best and maybe grow a bit along the way. I'm ready for this.' "Good, 'cause I wouldn't want t'have to carry you the whole time. We're probably gonna have t'walk, a lot." And it was then that he spotted one wagon near the southern gates. Lucky that he chose to sleep near where he'd come in. He didn't see anyone from the day before, until he trained his eyes on a man riding a horse near them. And only one guy would wear clothing that ridiculous. "Oh, there we go! That's them alright. I'd recognize that smarmy bastard from anywhere. Come on, let's hitch a ride before they're really off!" He took Carrie's hand tight in his, and started dashing for the cart, hoping she could keep up with him.

Edited by seph1212

Ken

A young girl, with what appeared to be a young child, was walking behind them at the side of the road. Ken drew the wagon to a halt.

"H-Hi there... My name is Sophia... and this is my daughter, Alyssa... We don't... don't have much, and we were hoping you-"

The girl and Obelia seemed to know each other. It sounded like they were old friends. Ken smiled, although he would have welcomed her regardless, a friend of Obelia's could never be ignored.

"Ah, you already know each other. Sophia, young Alyssa, it is a pleasure to meet the both of you. I am Ken van Lirio. Obelia has kept me company for a good spell of time, and has also kept me out of harm's way. Please, if there's anything you need, do not hesitate to ask."

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lunaria

Reynor was hers, he wasn't bad at all. He seemed scared, he must not like fighting. She would have to make sure that he wasn't looking when she protected him.

"S-So... Lunaria, where d-d-d'you want to go?"

He wanted to follow her, which was good. If they got separated something bad might have happened to him. It had been a long day, maybe he was hungry.

"Are you hungry Reynor? I know a good place to get food."

Not even waiting for his answer, she pulled him along, heading back into the forest.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jabin

It had become a conversation between women, Jabin felt that the girl posed no threat to Lady Lucinda. He would be happy to leave the pair of them, however it would be much safer to remain outside the door... just in case. However, Lady Lucinda seemed quite intent on traveling with the girl. She had been traveling alone for a while now, but letting her go off just after waking up could pose dangerous,

"He won't be coming, will he? I'd rather not have to deal with men for a while."

"Whilst I must respect Lady Lucinda's decision's, I would not be doing my duty as a knight if I allowed her to travel without protection after two weeks in a trance.

He turned to Lady Lucinda, he would never be able to forgive himself if something had happened to her. Lord Urith would not be pleased either.

"Milady, if you wish to travel with this girl, the decision is yours. However, I beg of you to either rest for a few days or allow a company of knights to escort you until you recover fully. Please think of your father."

Danyon

As the wagon was pulled towards the gate, he stayed next to it it. He turned back to look at the city before leaving, and he was lucky he did, as s certain fellow with purple hair was dragging a girl and running towards the wagon.

Shit, I knew this was going to happen. He quickly barked into the wagon, "That other guy with Grant, whoever he was; he's here. Tell the guy to go faster, I'll catch up if anything happens."

As the man ran closer, Danyon drew his sword.

Sophia

"Yeah, I did, Obelia... She is, isn't she?" She let out a small giggle, looking at the other man with her. He didn't even look like a guy... but she didn't really care.

"Err... Hi, Mr Ken... I do need a lot, really. At the least, could I just go wherever you guys are going? I'd at least like to catch up with Obelia."

Alyssa was at least sleeping now, but Sophia wasn't sure how long she'd be sleeping if she was able to get in the wagon.

Lucretia and Adano

The riding felt longer than it actually was; of course, Lucretia was silent. For some reason, she just felt no motivation to talk. Maybe it was because she had nothing to say, or maybe it was because she didn't know how to act around Aurelio. She grew up in a matriarchal household. Sure there were men around, but there were none in her home as a child. Her grandmother was traditionalist and did not have any men in her home. Her mother and aunt were from different fathers. She knew that she loved Aurelio, she just didn't know what to do about it. Maybe he did--or maybe Adano would. But she didn't know what to ask.

Part of her was worried, too--she saw her mother in her dream last night. Even though after Anastasia's death, the dream had stopped, she felt her mother's presence. It was extremely unnerving. She didn't want to mention that to Adano either. She was nervous, she felt like she was keeping secrets from everyone.

Maybe I should tell them the truth--or at least everything I know... she pondered.

Adano, on the other hand, was busy learning about their new companions. He remembered Teis and Ormis from the arena, yet he didn't actually get to know them. He was somewhat intrigued with Teis, mostly because he had beaten Lucretia in single combat, something that few people could do. If she was truly the daughter of Anastasia, which she was, she was near-unbeatable. Adano could never beat Anastasia, and neither could any of the swordsmen in Astarte. So why would someone like Teis, a simple knight wielding a large and heavy axe, be able to beat the one person who was able to defeat Anastasia? He wondered the answer to that, and hoped that maybe Teis would be willing to give him advice about moving in armor, something that still took Adano getting used to. In return, he had hoped that the younger ones would seek his combat advice. Not only was Adano the oldest, he was also the most experienced. His many years of swordfighting made him very dangerous, even in his crippled state.

Nonetheless they continued onward, both Lucretia and Adano wondering what would happen next.

Julius and Gabriel

The pair were sitting in the grand hallway of the manor, wondering what they were going to do next. Gabriel had laid out an elaborate and yet dangerous plan that would ruin his siblings, enough so that he could take his father's inheritance for his own. They were sitting unbelievably close, something that neither would have expected.

"Gabriel... this plan is extremely difficult. If you really want to pull this off, you need to know how to do it quickly and without them noticing." Julius said after a long space of silence. "Have you ever even killed someone?"

"No, I haven't... I have a sword but I've never used it..." Gabriel replied nervously.

"Then you need to learn." Julius said, standing, and drawing his sword. "Especially considering two of your brothers are trained fighters."

"Julius..." Gabriel stopped, looking at him. "I'm sorry." Julius lowered his arm, looking to Gabriel, somewhat inquisitive about why he was apologizing. He'd already apologized for everything Julius felt he needed to apologize. "I'm sorry for kissing you."

Julius felt a pain in his chest. Part of him remembered the love they once shared, and part of him was appalled by the fact that Gabriel would fall back so easily. "Gabriel... you..." He was dumbfounded. Usually an excellent speaker, Julius had no clue what to say. "I don't want you to apologize for it." He turned to Gabriel, looking directly in his eyes. "Part of me wanted it."

Gabriel stood and crossed behind Julius, putting his arms around Julius' waist. "I love you, you know. And I want to prove it to you." He kissed Julius on the neck. "I made a mistake and I want to let you know that I regret it with every inch of my body."

Julius felt his eyes begin to water. "And Cameron...?" He asked.

"I never felt anything for him. What happened between the two of us..." He stopped himself. "I don't love Cameron, Julius."

"I... I believe you." Julius turned to face Cameron, their eyes locking. "What would you be willing to do to prove to me you love me?"

"Anything." Gabriel replied, sweating a bit. "Whatever you want."

Julius smiled. "Kiss me." And they did. This time Julius knew Gabriel was being serious. This was the Gabriel he knew, and fell in love with. This was the Gabriel that Julius spent hours with in confidence. When they broke, Julius knew that he belonged, finally. "Let's leave, Gabriel. Let's travel together. See the world." Julius smiled big.

"What about the manor?" Gabriel asked.

"Leave it to a servant. We can come back to it. As for the fortune, I've already come up with a solution." Julius grinned, and handed Gabriel a slip of parchment on the table. "I wrote a will that gives you everything."

"You didn't..." Gabriel began to cry. "Julius, I..."

"Say nothing," Julius said, kissing Gabriel once more. "Let's go." He headed toward the front door, and beckoned for Gabriel to follow.

"Where to?" Gabriel inquired. Julius merely laughed, and took his lover's hand, and they set off for their next destination--wherever it was.

Cameron

Furious with himself, Cameron merely stood outside the jail, finding nothing. He was almost out of money, he didn't have enough to stay in Lazarynth much longer.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!" He cursed to himself as he wandered the streets, running his hands through his hair, hoping for an idea. "What have I done...?" Tears streamed down the sides of his face as he racked his brain, looking for an answer. "Come on, come on..."

He walked up and down the same alleyway, hoping to find a clue before it was too late.

Edited by Octavian

The Travelling Trio

"Yo, Ormis. What's exactly happening in Pravna... ...for Carrion, things aren't gonna be pretty."

Ormis sighed.

"Well, the real reason we went there was to get Carrion unsealed. But, because of some executive douchebaggery, now we're on a quest to go bring back the 'fake witch'." He paused. "Well, Carrion is. I'm not about to let her go do that to your sister."

Therese

After a sound beating from who she assumed was the same person who had totaled her earlier, Therese really wasn't in the mood for more bad news.

Waking up outside, without any restraints, on the other hand, was probably the best thing to have happened that week.

First things first - Where the hell am I?

A cursory glance around showed that she was outside of what looked to be a jail, near the edge of town by the looks of it. A nearby sign answered the next question.

Devon...?

The sight of an armory caused Therese to remember something else. The dart gun was there, luckily. Well, either they're stupid, or someone up there is looking out for me.

First order of business... get the hell out of here.

Edited by Kam

Carrion

Casting a glance at Adrian, she quickly looked away as she wiped her face on her sleeve. Crying won't fix anything, Carrion thought to herself, and neither does constantly bursting and apologizing, especially when there was no need for it. What's he thinking? I can't tell... So instead of trying to figure him out, something she didn't really want to do at the moment, the witch decided it'd be better to show him she was sorry instead by leaning her head on his shoulder. Her world was interrupted by the rattling of some paper near her, and she turned her attention to it, reading it. "Hm?" Ellandra thinks we're cute together...? I suppose it's better than hating as far as anything goes. Slightly reassured in herself, Carrion resumed leaning on Adrian, feeling much better than she had moments before. It just felt nice having him there with her. No lust, no tension, just... comfort, having him there, ready to listen or to talk when she wanted. For the first time in many years, Carrion realized how blessed she was. Being yelled at from some man on horseback was annoying her though "Hey Grant, some guy that was with you is here... I dunno, you do what you want..." Yawning, she nuzzled up to Adrian a little closer.

Grant

"Not even a few minutes in and she's ordering me around... oh well, there are worse orders." He quickened his pace to the southern gate, finding a few people here and there talking or waiting, he couldn't tell. What he did know was that he was stopping here and wasn't moving until Carrion gave the word. "Waiting on you, captain." he said with a rather annoyed tone.

Arcen and Aiduen

"Well you see..." Arcen began, but his brain got clogged and all he could do was stare at Giselle, prompting a disapproving look from Aiduen

"What my brother was trying to say, I'm sure, is that she... probably isn't going to be looking out for you if you want to come along. As far as I know, she's just got herself a job to do and she wants it done, the more people that come along would probably just complicate an easy enough task. I guess, anyway..." Her glance shifted to the north a bit, watching a wagon come to a stop just before the gate. "And... I think that's her? Don't worry, if you do wanna come with us, I'm sure Arcen here would love to watch out for you. I will too, of course, but I think he'd be better at it. Unless you're confident enough with fighting in general, that is."

Kulen

"Now this is getting ridiculous. So much yelling at this time of night? Well... I can't say I'm all that surprised, given you were just in a fight I'd assume. Unless you just kind of like to leave yourself bleeding to death and babbling like a madman." Rustling in the bushes caught Kulen's attention, making him take a step back and ready himself... for nothing. As it turns out, the wind deicded to pick up and mess with him. Though he could have sworn he heard someone running nearby.

Michael merely scoffed at the weird looking man, wondering what kind of role this apprently wise and all knowing man would play. If he can just get me out of here, that'd be great. I don't like it here, too much has been lost, and I've been away from women for far too long.

Ken

"Err... Hi, Mr Ken... I do need a lot, really. At the least, could I just go wherever you guys are going? I'd at least like to catch up with Obelia."

"You are most welcome to join us. Please, do take a seat. The supplies are to the side of the wagon, feel free to help yourself to anything you want."

The pair were clearly tired, it wouldn't be right to turn them away. Obelia would probably like to catch up with her friend as well, it seemed that they hadn't seen each other for a while.

Rine

After he finally reached the southern wall, he took another glance on Pravna, one of the most impressive cities he had seen in all his travels. It was unfortunate for him to leave it so fast, not even staying for one day, but he had to. After the magic festival was over, he already decided he should move. If he were lucky, his destination would be reached before sunset. "That'll be tough, but not as tough as my last trip. The horses from the capital are expensive, but I guess I will be able to buy one after I get to the next city".

He stopped to look back to the city on midway, admiring it's structure just a bit more, before facing the road and never looking back again.

Asvy

She was teleported by her mind to another dimension deep within her conscience, where her true feelings of happiness, joy, duty, passion, hate, anger, angst and sorrow lies among the others, althought those listed were the ones interacting with her mind frequently on her stay. Forgetting everything that happened in these sorrowful hours, her mind took her back in time, when none of this really happened.

Infact, when she realized what happened, she wasn't the same Asviel from before. Her clothes were different, made of an outfit most suitable for a noble, and she was inside a carriage with both Rine's brother and her father, looking at the window with a rather bored face. Losing herself in time and the illusion generated by the dream, the girl knew she was going to attend to a meeting with her father, who was still the head of her family's business, and she knew that he was trying to teach his only child how to handle the management and pressure. Since her brother didn't exist in that time anymore, everything laid on her rather frail and weak shoulders.

Instead of sending her to Shuthra, he decided to educate his daughter by himself, pay the best masters he could find in order to develop her skills with Ice magic, and support her in everything she needed while keeping a close look on her progresses. In the end, these changes transformed the girl in a rather serious, polite, educated, well-mannered, political inclined and mainly a person of few words. Being grateful for everything her father did but also feeling the pressure put in her indirectly by him, she was happy to oblige to every single desire of his, loving the praise she receives later.

Another fate, another destiny, another consequence... And yet the same person. Or was it? It's said that it's the events of someone's life and their reaction to that which determines who they really are, events which Asviel didn't get to interact with. Completely ignorant to the harsh and cruel world outside, she lived her fantasy, pampered by her father like a princess who only lives inside her castle. That person inside the carriage looking at the window with a rather bored face wasn't her, but an illusion created by her mind, a fake Asviel that had nothing to do with the real one. Yet she didn't notice it, being a prisoner on her own realm and lie.

-Obelia-

Obelia smiles with a glance to Ken, a light nod of silent thanks in return for the slight halt of the wagons wheels against the ground. His own smile warms her heart a bit more if possible and she turns her head to Sophia and smiles once again, no patronising in that truly bright almost grin. To see an old friend from her home now far away is a brightener for her day, yet she is curious of something as well, even as Sophia giggles, asking a rather soft question.

‘Sophia, I’m happy for you but… why are you out here, alone with her? Why are you… here, really? I know it sounds bad but… you being on your own with your little girl, isn’t that a bit dangerous?’ Obelia understands as she says it that maybe it’s a poor attitude to have to raising a child independently but she does worry that raising a little girl in times of international tension, brigand activity and chaotic magic can mean even a daily walk can be dangerous. She feels a slight ease knowing from Ken’s introduction that he’s easily willing to help though she can’t help but wonder if the assassins from before may try and hurt those involved with either Ken or her. She shudders a bit silently at the thought and instead offers her arms to hoist Sophia and her daughter up into the wagon, as gently as she can and another smile forms at the offer of food and the like for the two, though she still wonders if she’s here because of choice or… circumstance? It worries her only slightly, for now just focused on making sure her friend is comfortable and in the wagon, her little girl sleeping soundly with her mom for now.

-Langley-

Langley watches for a moment Andy move from Langley and again, pushes aside a slightly triumphant feeling in her heart. Human she may be but she believes that doesn’t mean her faults have to be active a hundred percent of the time. So she just looks out into the hallway, the same as her two friends, breathing ever so evenly for the moment as she wonders why she feels so cold, why is it that the stairwell is so frigid even though she can’t remember leaving a window open? Why is what tugs at both a slightly intrigued curiosity and an almost primal urge of fear, her tail twitching behind her as her body goes through a conflicting array of emotion. She walks to the stairs, a surprised yelp indeed at Andy’s rather brave dash, silently impressed though the fear at the forefront of her emotion. She follows down stairs and by her side, Noel walks too, hesitance going across her features.

-Noel-

Hesitance is indeed one aspect of herself that comes easily across her face, but behind a furred and cautious gaze, her own deep-set wariness is prowling her mind, trying to find an answer for this unusual turn of events. A ghost is something that is told of in nightmare tales to scare people from certain areas of woodland or in fairytales to make sure children have an afterlife to believe in. But it’s not grounded in reality, she muses, moving beside Langley, as if both are on automatic moving in a slightly mirrored, guarded position on both their sides, reflecting on another for that said moment. Fear is subjective, she knows this, and so why is she afraid? Is she afraid that the ghost is real… or as she thinks a moment on it, a quiet paling of her cheeks beneath the fur, is it because of who it sounds like, an unseen and only mentioned auntie, someone who died in slavery? She wonders this and as she moves to Andy’s left, Langley to his right, both still quiet but in protective positions as they advance on the living room, maybe she’s worried about what this might mean for her, her family, Langley’s.

-Carrie-

‘Then I guess, Horatio, I’m gonna have to devote some time to figuring out how to make you blush like before again, if only to give me a good giggle.’ Carrie lightly smiles again, enjoying the teasing as it lets her mind both relax for the moment as well as wander on what it is today might bring adventure or hardship? She ponders if some sort of semblance of her daily routine back home, social chatting and the mundanely normal semblance of life as lived will be today’s routine but for some reason she doubts that, quiet a bit. Horatio seems to be someone who doesn’t like to abide by that yet she wonders how much of him does adventure love and how much is just doing things for the very sake of doing them. She smiles a bit, chuckling at his idea that they may have to walk, and slightly squeezes his hand as if in reassurance that running is not that big a deal to her. She chooses to keep how far she’s walked to herself for the moment, indeed not wanting to sound boastful to him, though tilting her head at his identified ‘smarmy bastard’ she does widen her eyes a bit, not so much at the dashing but at the sight that follows, which is said ‘smarmy bastard’ moving to an intercept, drawing his sword in a manner that makes her glance to Horatio with a slightly worried, yet as their dashing, breathy murmur. ‘Horatio… not to bed rude, but… does your plan account for sword wielding ‘smarmy bastards’ who are blocking our path?

-Zwool-

Sleep is a curious thing when it creeps up on you. It lies in wait, sometimes when you feel still mostly wide awake and then draws itself around you, a hidden embrace that sends your mind of to dreamland without a care for your current situation. It’s this which happens to Zwool, the coin in his hand gently pinging against the floor as it slips from his palm, hand limp by the bench as flat on it, his eyes draw shut, for now asleep. It’s not really a need to sleep but maybe it’s from an absence of his body doing other things that the maw of rest engulfs him. Suffice to say, after a few moments, his mind is out of it and as well as that, the rest of him is not that awake either, really. But that sometimes goes without saying, even as the coin comes to rest like Zwool himself, flat on its back after a moment, still.

-Ellandra-

Ellandra’s ‘job’ done, she resumes laying back against the wagon floor, casting her eyes up again after a moment or two. Seeing Carrion actually approach calm and even nuzzling close to who she assumes remains her loved one, anger and sadness no longer an evident issue with her, reminds the dove anri that it is indeed quite a blessing to have someone who is willing to listen, to talk to you when you need a voice to reassure your heart. It’s just a case of working out what’s the right voice, the right person to look at and want to be around. She sighs, quietly wondering how much of this is considered moping for the moment, before continuing to stare into the sky. She feels it’s best to leave Carrion and Adrian alone for now, with each other as that seems to be both cheering Carrion and, selfishly, diverting them away from being angry at her. But with a slight yawn, she pushes that aside for now, wondering exactly how things will go once the destination is reached.

-Lucinda-

Lucinda has not really felt this way in some time. A part of her is fearful of being this open with another simply because it feels a bit wary in trusting someone, something that the more gullible part of her has had no problems with before. So perhaps it’s a change that’s come from the struggle of the trial in her head. For now though, she just listens a moment, intent on making sure she doesn’t come across as too arrogant, though the want to disagree or state her sense of dismay at Lilith’s demands of herself tugging at the sides of her mind though she does manage to push them away for the most part. And again, it’s ‘for the most part’ as she does take a slightly firmer tone for the moment, shaking her head and keeping the bag outstretched for Lilith as her name is, to take. But she takes Lilith’s other hand, gently shaking it and answering her greeting in kind.

‘I assure you, I do not offer charity lightly but this is most certainly not that. I made you cry and feel less then yourself and this is the only way I feel I can show I want to make that up to you. And in answer to your queries, of course go and ask your mother, she is free to come along as well if it pleases her as I have no wish to separate families. And it is very good to meet you Lilith, under better circumstance. My name’s Lucinda and its good to meet you.’ She smiles a bit, though as Jabim interjects, she can understand his reasoning for being against her ‘going alone’ with Lilith on more of her journey. She also understands the stringent binding between a knight and his or her duty and honour. To some, it is above their own life they maintain that bond, something which she admits worries her slightly. She thinks on it and Lilith’s words, before a light idea pops in her head, one that she admits may not be too great an idea but one that she would like to at least voice. ‘Very well, I shall here a day or two. However, .Lilith, if I may use this money to maybe buy your services for the next few days? Or rather… make sure you don’t have to attend to anyone outside of myself for the next day or two, no men especially. I promise if you agree I will not make too many demands of you and once I’m rested and you’ve talked with your mother, we can go without any knights and until then, Jabim, would you mind waiting out of sight until I’m ready? I wish for Lilith to at least know she can enjoy the next few days and those beyond.’ Lucinda wonders how far she’s changed, feeling different then she was but for now puts that aside, listening for what they both think.

-Seilynda-

Horse still continuing a rather hectic gallop along the plains for the moment, Seilynda allows her mind to continue a rather innocent, if bored wandering, a quiet drift onto what the city ahead might by like. She’s seen busy areas, she knows of them and how enclosed certain areas of the world can be. But she feels, after a time of isolating herself ever so slightly from others, it may feel good to surround her with people for a while, if only a while. She smiles a bit at the thought, though for the moment just urges the horse onward, quiet and determined to make her way to the destination she’s set for herself, however long it takes.

-Giselle-

Giselle blinks, a slightly curious glance at Arcen as he begins to say something yet hesitantly blinks once more, a bit uneasy at his sudden turn to just staring wordlessly. She’s slightly grateful for Aiduen’s interruption, though from what she infers, she understands why she may come across more as a liability then an actual help along the journey. But she stands a bit firmer, trying to keep herself from appearing too disappointed at hearing she’s really not too much use for the trip. She smiles politely and nods in answer to being able to hold her in a fight, speaking after a second with gathered thoughts.

‘I wouldn’t worry about me; I know how to take care of myself in a scrap, you two. If she’s alright with it, I still want to come along with you.’

Sophia

"You are most welcome to join us. Please, do take a seat. The supplies are to the side of the wagon, feel free to help yourself to anything you want."

She shot a grin at him, happily thanking him as she tried to make her way onto the wagon, Obelia helping her up. Obelia then asked a question Sophia figured she'd have to answer, and she wasn't sure if she should tell the truth.

‘Sophia, I’m happy for you but… why are you out here, alone with her? Why are you… here, really? I know it sounds bad but… you being on your own with your little girl, isn’t that a bit dangerous?’

"Erm... It's quite a story, actually... did you ever come to Arashiyama when that group of mercenaries got trapped for the winter? It was about two years ago. If you did, I won't have to explain that much."

Reynor

"Sure! I-I mean, sure, why not?" He tried his best to hide his fear, but it was showing through much more than he could control. A part of him was trying to rationalize all of this, thinking to himself, yeah, sure, everyone's dead, but at least she's pretty hot, and she doesn't seem to want to kill me. You never did like the mercenary life, Reynor, maybe this is for the best? The way she jumped onto you earlier... The other side was still in shock, screaming at him, how can you follow this monster?! You're at full strength, Reynor, you could smack her upside the head and run! There's no way she's be able to take that and catch up to you, and then you could find Bea and get off of this dreadful island! His internal fight wasn't really going anywhere, but the rationalization side seemed to be winning out, as he found himself staring at her as she walked.

Horatio

He focused himself on what he was doing, ignoring the fact that Danyon had drawn his sword. Carrie mentioned her worry over that, but he smirked at her and almost laughed. "Just duck if he starts swinging!" The wagon was barely moving, so he rushed up to it with Carrie in hand. Right, let's hope this works! He tugged at her wrist, and heaved, tossing her into the cart and climbing himself onto it as well. There were only three people in the back, the witch chilling with that man he'd held at knife point. "G'mornin', everyone. Hope you don't mind us taggin' along. I've got nothin' much t'do, and I know you'll provide me an' Carrie with some sort of fun." He figured that someone would attack him within the moment, bracing himself for whatever was coming.

Adrian

He sat there for a moment, wondering if he should've said something else, but Carrion didn't scream at him, or freak out. In fact, she did the opposite, sitting herself next to him and even rubbing up against him. Finally... some calm, for the both of us. It brought a calm smile to his face, and he didn't say a thing. Nothing needed to be said. But Danyon mentioned someone that Grant knew running up to the wagon, so Adrian peered out. He sighed, too out of it for any sort of surprise or anger. That man who had been "hired" to kill Carrion had just tossed a girl inside the wagon, climbing in himself. "G'mornin', everyone. Hope you don't mind us taggin' along. I've got nothin' much t'do, and I know you'll provide me an' Carrie with some sort of fun." "Right, you're not here to kill us, are you? 'Cause if not, take a seat and chill out, we've had enough things bother us today." He shook his head a bit before relaxing it next to Carrion's, deciding to try and sleep a bit.

Horatio Again~

The response from everyone in the cart, and by everyone he meant just Adrian, were rather underwhelming, which made him just a tad disappointed. "Yeah, I get it. Don't worry about us, we're not here to try an' kill anyone. Today." He smirked, wondering if Danyon would be as accepting as Adrian had been. He didn't even know what Carrion was going to say about this, but she seemed too asleep to care. There was one more thing he was worried about, though. "Carrie, I didn't throw you too hard, did I? Sorry if that hurt."

Andy

"E-Enough of this ghost talk, I can't see anything, so it's obviously nothing. Someone must've just left a window open, or something." He was beginning to get a bit bothered with this ghost fiasco, so he decided to ignore the entire thing, walking himself into the kitchen to eat something more than he'd had earlier.

Lilith

Slightly reassured in herself, she couldn't help but feel enough confidence to be annoyed with this Jabin fellow, wanting to do nothing but shove him out of the room. He's being rather pushy, isn't he? He should just trust in his lord, and leave us alone... Though, Lucinda, as she was called, was beginning to weird her out. She was being way too nice to someone that she'd just met. She's not one of those women, is she? I hope she's not... "If you're sure about all this, then. I don't want to impose on you or anything. And I don't think my mother would come along with us, she's had enough lately. She probably just wants to relax for a while. I..." she stopped for a moment, wondering if her reasoning for wanting to leave was good enough. "My brother, Adrian, he... uh, went missing. I've been wanting to try and find him, to see if he's still alive. But... I don't know where he is. It'd be pretty ridiculous if you'd heard of him, but... never mind, I'm sure I'm just being too hopeful. Anyway..." she turned herself back to Jabin, producing that scowl from earlier. "Get out, then. You heard her, she'll wait a few days before leaving so you won't have to worry." She began to tap her foot the slightest amount, still blushing the slightest amount, still knowing how ridiculous she looked in her maid's outfit.

Danyon

Well, he'd tried to block Horatio and the girl he was with, but obviously, he missed. Dammit, I'm getting really rusty with this...

Incredulous as it sounded, Horatio actually wanted to tag along! Even worse, Adrian was alright with it!

"You probably won't care about my opinion, but hell no to this guy as well coming along. You've already got one wonderful fellow who tried to murder you in this wagon," he said, glaring at Grant as he said those words, "and you want his scumbuddy tagging along with another girl he's tricked into believing his lies?"

His sword still drawn, he pointed it at Grant. "Alright, maybe he didn't really feel like breaking your neck a few times and calling it a day." He then shifted his sword to point at Horatio. "Except this... man... Adrian, he put a fucking knife to your throat yesterday. If anyone had paid him a decent amount of gold, Carrion, the both of you would be very dead by now. Granted, I nearly put an arrow through his head, but the two of you have enough sense to, at the very least, get rid of him, don't you?"

He opened an eye at Danyon, rather bothered by his display. "Oh, fuck off, y'cunt." He yawned a little, still rather tired from the morning's activities. "I'm not here t'kill anyone. If I wanted t'do that, you'd've died first, since I can't stand these damn annoying accusations from you. I've had so many chances t'kill you lot, that if I honestly wanted to, I would've done it. But I haven't. So just... chill. And let me chill. I'm here for probably the same reason that Grant is." He brought his voice up a bit in hopes that the knight would hear him. "And now that I've made m'self comfortable..." he said, crossing his legs, "I'd appreciate you leavin' me alone, and lettin' the girl choose for herself, eh? And about Carrie, I haven't been lyin' t'her. I don't expect you t'believe me, but you don't believe a think I say, do ya?" He scoffed at Danyon, shuffling himself back into being comfortable.

Ken

Ken allowed the two to reacquaint, he'd start the wagon again once they were seated. It would be a long journey to Pravna, but he now had three companions. Hopefully, they'd find something Alyssa liked, Ken wasn't quite sure what young children ate.

-----------------------

Lunaria

She was pulling Reynor along, he seemed to be happy to go with her. She laughed, they would both be happy. Once all the horrible people were gone, Aurelio could rescue them and take them home.

"Sure! I-I mean, sure, why not?"

"That's great! Reynor, once we get home, we might need to build another room for us. When we were little, Aurelio used to share with me... but I don't think he'd be happy staying in the same room as the both of us... haha... are you good at building? Aurelio was only good at breaking things, and papa wasn't around much."

They entered the forest, Lunaria had a special place to take him. It was almost a house, but not quite. The trees overhead blocked out much of the light, it was far cooler and darker inside the forest - a pleasant change from the shores.

---------------------------------------------

Jabin

"Jabin, would you mind waiting out of sight until I'm ready?"

Completely ignoring Lilith's last comment, he responded to his master. The girl was clearly uncivilized, uneducated and ill-mannered. Normally, he would have given her a good talking to, but she was somewhat shielded by the presence of Lady Lucinda, so there was only so much he could get away with. He bowed;

"Of course, milady. I, along with the rest of my men, will give both you and her sufficient space until you depart. Please ensure that you have a message for us to take back for your father, he was rather worried about your well being."

He turned to Lilith, if she were to be traveling with Lady Lucinda, he needed to say something.

"I have nothing more to say. Please ensure that Lady Lucinda remains safe during your travels, hopefully, all should remain well. However, if she comes under any harm, I shall personally hold you responsible."

Even before she could register what he had said, he left the room. They would secure the perimeter and ensure that everyone was checked before they entered. Of course, he would see Lady Lucinda off, Lord Urith would definitely not be pleased.

Edited by Dokutayuu

Reynor

There's definitely no easy way out of this, Reynor... just go along with it. For now, at least. She did burn the boats as well, not like you could get off the island if you did run... He was a tad more collected, having rationalized what had just happened, though he was still scared for his life. She laughed a bit and he jumped, expecting a fireball, but only received talking. "I-I guess I could try building. I don't think I'm very good at it, to be honest. Sorry if that's inconveniencing, or anything!" He threw a hasty apology onto the end, hoping that she wouldn't be upset by his lack of carpentry skills. You can always try... it really can't be hard, can it? I don't know...

Beatrice

She ran, ran, and kept on running. She was crying, freaking out, and didn't even know where she was heading, but she was going to keep running until she found something. Not looking where she was going, she tripped on an above ground root, barreling out of a bush into a small opening. She shook her head and tried to get her bearings, looking up to see two men walking along. "Hey!" She shouted at them, stumbling up and running at them, "hey, you've gotta help me!" She got up to them and caught her breath, trying to stop the tears to seem more than a wreck. "Th-that witch... she killed, all of my friends. Pl-please, you have to help me kill her! She's a monster, she can't stay alive!" She was almost in hysterics, hoping that they'd try to help her.

Carrion

Letting out a sudden burst of laughter, she lazily opened her eyes and spotted Horatio, "You? Kill me? Sure, you probably could have gotten the others, but me and Adrian? Don't make me laugh." Sighing and continuing almost matter of factly, "You'd hardly be teh first to try, and you won't be the last, either, but unless you've got some trick up your sleeve that can keep someone dead forever, then you won't be beating me. But... I digress." A smugger look overtook her as she crossed her legs and sat up, "You're welcome to try at a later date, if you wanna be humbled. You seem fairly cocky, and that just irks me. So stick around at your own risk." Turning her gaze to Carrie, she toned down her aggressiveness just a tad, "Sorry if you've been dragged into this. I'm sure this man here won't mind dying for you or something if it comes to that, since, well... that's the kinda path we're going down here. Don't know what's possessing all of you to come with me, I just wanna go in, beat up some girl and come back with her tied in rope or something..." Outwardly, it seemed she had ignored Danyon, but she took it to heart, actually kind of impressed with his chivalrous behavior, rather glad someone doesn't inherently wish physical harm upon her.

Relaxing herself and smiling, she placed her head right on Adrian again, closing her eyes.

Arcen and Aiduen

"Well alright, suit yourself... I won't mind watching you... I mean looking at you... er... Looking out for... you... Grrrr, I'm just gonna get in the wagon... bye..." Completely flustered, Arcen's face was redder than a rose as he climbed in the back of the wagon, ignoring any sort of conversation that was going on and trying to ignore his bungling.

"Did he just... Ahaha... he's so shy! Please don't be freaked out by him, Giselle, I'm sure he means well, and he won't try anything weird." Folding her arms, assured in herself, she continued, "Not while I'm anywhere nearby, anyway. Or at least if he thinks I'm nearby, but I digress, I'm sure you'll fit in, there seems to be a crowd in that little wagon as it is, we should get in before it's full!"

Kulen

"Well well, a woman falling at my feet? I feel so young again! Thank you, madam!"

"You sick freak, how can you- Nevermind!" Rushing to the woman's aid, making sure she was unharmed. "Are you alright? did the witch harm you at all?!"

"Wake up you idiot, good lord! She's in fine condition, it's her friends that bit the dust I'd assume!" Kulen almost laughed at the situation, but he held his tongue so as not to ruin his chances of getting off of the island.

"Well... where is she? I swear on my life and my honor I'll kill her for you and avenge your comrades!" Michael's face was dead serious as he leaned closer to her, only wishing for an answer.

Letting out a low whistle, Kulen smirked. "You are so forward... Ah well..."

Danyon

"Ah ha ha... I guess you do admit to being a murderer then, talking about how easy it would be for you to kill all of us. And no, I'll never trust you, because you kill for a living. You take pleasure in ending the lives of people for ridiculously little fees."

"But fine, have it your way, I'm not sticking with a scumbag like this. Teis and Ormis should be trying to apprehend the other witch today, I might as well get to helping them. I wonder if even half of our wonderful crew will make it, but you're the ones bringing him, not me. I'll see the lot of you tomorrow, then."

He made a small mark on the map he had before swiftly riding off, not wanting to spend a moment more with the assassin.

Therese

Something Therese had always, always, always understood: If you need to get somewhere, get a damn horse. On the other hand, given the number of suspicious (and more than likely hostile) characters wandering around town, just waltzing up to the stables and asking was probably not the best of plans.

Instead, she took a more direct approach. It took Therese ten seconds to undo the knot some hapless traveler had made on his horse, and even less time to get moving. She'd left some money at the post for him, stolen money, but it eased her conscience nonetheless. There was no real aim, Therese didn't really have any idea where she was going. Just that she wanted to just fucking get out.

Tiran

...The damn horse got stolen?

Tiran was understandably unhappy to find that his horse was gone, with nothing but some money (exactly the same amount that had been stolen from him earlier that day, actually) laying underneath the post.

The mercenary was more irritated than usual, even discounting the missing horse. He'd received word form his employers earlier that day to "come to Devon and return news of a certain special prisoner". And of course, he'd arrived to see that she'd been set free by someone or other. It was more than likely she who had taken his horse, but Tiran really didn't feel like hunting her down at the speed he knew they wanted from him.

Instead, Tiran simply bought a new horse and pursued, slowly.

Towards the southern isles, huh? The other witch is there... Could be interesting. Especially if he comes.

-Obelia-

Obelia glances to Ken for a moment, unsure of how at ease she should be discussing her friends past so openly in front of him, yet for now she just smiles to the side at him, a soft one before glancing back to Sophia for the moment, glad to see she’s made it onto the wagon alright. However, even as they begin moving again, she answers her question within a moment, leaving Obelia confused as well, thinking to herself for a few moments. She does remember, before she left that Sophia had been to see someone in Arashiyama, someone she… Obelia’s eyes widen a moment, realising with a start what the implication is. She is about to respond before thinking about how it isn’t right for her as her friend to just chastise her, something het family may alredy have done for what has happened. So looking to her friend’s daughter, sleeping in her arms, seeing how much Sophia seems to keep her close, she smiles a bit and then answers her old friend as calm as she can muster.

‘I… understand, shall we say. Are you… searching for Alyssa’s father or are you just travelling, Sophia?’ She keeps her inquiry gentle, no want to be intrusive in her words.

-Langley-

Langley really has to admit, after a moment, that it’s not fair to Andy to make him this scared and yet nothing happens in the meantime, nothing to at least console his fears instead of making them unfounded making… well, Langley seem crazy. She glances to Noel and slightly blinks, surprised to find Noel isn’t looking at her incredulously, smiling a bit but not in a patronising manner. The chill has ebbed, so it may have been whatever ‘it’ was that was here has gone now. Langley sighs a bit, lightly nodding to her friend, walking into the kitchen after a moment, answering Andy’s declaration as well.

‘Maybe. I wouldn’t worry Andy, just eat something and then go get some rest.’ She has calmed considerably, walking to the cupboards, looking for something quick to eat before finally getting some sleep.

-Noel-

Noel believes in her friend’s story. Langley may be tired, may have been someone who could be trying to fight just to get Andy from her, even when Noel didn’t actually have him yet. But she believes in her friend as she thinks Langley does in her, wanting to believe in her. She notes Andy’s words too, a light sigh at dismissing it and walking to the kitchen-

-You look just like your father, you know.-

Noel wheels on the spot, eyes wide and searching for something, for whoever said that in a light, feminine tone. But no one is there, just the quiet of the room, the tick of the clock and the still night air. She glances around, silent and pale. Before heading into the kitchen, smiling the two and pretending what just happened, never happened.

-Carrie-

Well, confidence in Horatio, while still quite high, Carrie may admit wavers in the face of a rather angry looking noble waving a sword at the both of them in a manner that seems to suggest they should not be heading in the direction of said cart, something which it seems Horatio is keen to disagree with. A slightly light hesitance is cast aside, Carrie sighing inwardly and quietly thinking a simple ‘Ah, to heck with it’ while placing a light trust in the, to her, quite crazy but still lightly charming man she runs with, though blinking a bit at the tug, a small inner groan at what’s about to happen, feeling her body lift from the ground, the air glancing around her form, across it. Huh, maybe I’m later then I thought, she muses before her side collides with the wood, a small breath left as the air is knocked out of her. She tries to say ‘ouch’ but it seems not enough air is left to actually speak the word, left to just mouthing it from beneath her hood, her cracked lenses. After a few moments, recognising that some sort of exchange is going on, she takes a few breaths, not so much injured as winded rather heavily. So she waits for Horatio and the other guy to finish talking, before in answer to Horatio’s, while a bit late, still rather caring inquiry as to her state of self, she sits up with a slightly strained smile, nods a bit and feels her breathing coming back to her, slow albeit but indeed coming back. The nod was to assure him she was okay, before her speech returns to her.

‘I’m… okay, Horatio, don’t worry about it. Try and… aim for a pillow next time ya try that though.’ She offers a light grumble to lighten the mood as within moments, bar noticing an unusual bunch around he, the couple at the front half-asleep, the rather surprised winged girl in front of her which she smiles a bit hesitantly to, understand that her entrance may have been a bit jarring, the knight that’s present for some reason and the angry noble, she blinks a bit at the rather odd group, not including herself, the scrappy looking civilian and the wise-cracking shifty guy she actually considers a good guy. She blinks though at the rather fancy guys implication that she can’t judge a character like Horatio’s words as true, a light answer offered that isn’t hurtful but is as firm as she can muster. ‘I’m sorry; mister, but I do trust Horatio’s word. Not necessarily because he’s the most trust worthy person I know, but if he’d wanted to be shot of me, he’d have had many opportunities to do so by now, but he hasn’t taken them. I will trust him as long as he trusts me around him as well.’ She does glance however up to Horatio, a slightly quiet gladness in the fact he does support the fact she can make decisions for herself, somewhat glad about that. But these words about Horatio being a killer, being someone who murdered for money prompts both a firm defence and in some ways, an odd promise form her. ‘And I believe in him, but I’m not letting him kill anyone who doesn’t deserve pain while I’m around, alright mister?’ The threat of the guy of that couple with a knife does bother her, but she blinks, glancing to the woman as she begins to speak and noting something in her words that bothers her, answering the woman called Carrion as honestly as she can, as light hearted as well. ‘I said I wouldn’t let him kill anyone, but that includes not letting him die, not for me, not for anyone. I know enough to know he’s a good guy at heart, so I won’t let him die, nor try and hold up you, ms.’ She goes silent finally, her back resting against the wagons side, breathing out a bit as her eyes slightly close.

-Ellandra-

The sky looks so peaceful for the moment to the dove anri, smiling casually as the clouds drift above. Even with the rather hectic emotions that the day has been carrying her and the others way, it seems a moment’s peace is indeed possible as the blue beyond the clouds calmly continues it light toned addition to the white of the wandering clouds. And then someone crashes into the wood in front of her.

Ellandra jolts, a worried glance to other, a slightly hesitant flinch as she notes that the impact may have cracked a rib, or something close to it as the girl seems to be having slight trouble breathing. Ellandra stays silent, a slightly hidden flick of her finger, a gentle tingle going across the girls side as unbeknownst to her, she heals up rather quickly, the airflow returning to her quickly. It’s a minor spell, even though with the magic it requires, Ellandra wobbles a bit at the drawing of magic from her core. She listens to what’s going on before quietly settling back, not saying too much again. She is… nervous, shall we say. With how things went before, she is worried that any action she somehow begins with will somehow annoy another so she is a bit shy of indeed even tapping another’s shoulder for the moment.

-Zwool-

Sleep has dawned, or rather, dusked for the dragon anri, his wings flicking a but unconsciously against the wood of the bench while his form lays prone against the craft work, for now his mind drifting in a deep sleep and as such, clothed in darkness, nothing really passing the time in a head that itself slumbers subconsciously. His breathing, shallow for the moment, continues as the only sign of life from the still dragon man, one hand hanging over the side of the bench and swinging in tiny strokes for a few moments. And for many at the moment, this would probably not be the worst thing for them to believe. But somewhere inside Zwool’s mind, something wants to drive him forward, something he still can’t quite place, that he has no way to identify when resting this was a want to prove to himself he can change.

-Lucinda-

The slightly stronger reassurance going across Lilith’s features is rather more evident as her body seems to have relaxed; she does try at moving past the point of being upset which is… a positive? Lucinda hopes so; her mind wanting to will her to sleep after a few seconds more of conversation. It could be an attempt to be kinder then usual, or her mind wanting to make everything feel a bit better so it can rest easy in a few moments. So for now, she listens intently to them both, noting the exchange as best she can, though feeling a bit bleary as she listens to them both. Her aggravation does ever so slightly return, but this time at the rather annoyed exchange between the both of them, their disagreement grating at her ever so slightly. She continues to listen, occasional tired wobbles coming as she nods once or twice to each of Lilith’s answers in turn, in a light sort of answer to the fact that Jabin is at least giving her some sign that he will obey her command at the least. Surprisingly, her father being annoyed with her has not mattered this little in a long time, yet with a slightly curious tug at something in her memory, an odd vestige of memory from a long, long while ago, she muses on something, that name she says which seems to hit something from a long while ago, as if very important.

‘Adrian… somehow, I think it’s a name I heard in passing. The knight I healed, he was following a woman, a witch, who’d taken a boy with her… I think… the boy was called Adrian? Maybe, I’m sorry if it was someone with just the name… but it does ring a bell, slightly.’ She voices her one related memory, curious if it could be the same boy. But at his words to Lilith, she sighs, looking back to Lilith for a second before gently moving out the door, tugging Jabin’s arm before he departs down the corridor, firmly telling him. ‘I understand how you must feel being talked down to, but she has as much a right to be indignant as you do, captain. If I die, you are not to exact punishment against this woman unless she was the one that drove the sword into my heart, understood?’

-Seilynda-

The riding continues, her mind wanders into an almost restful state of non-thought. Until Seilynda reaches her destination, her horse carries her in an almost drifting thought process along the pathways to the capital of Shuthra. She doesn’t think of too much, taking this time to let her mind ret from needless worry, sad moments that have no place in her mind. She rides and as if body is operating on automatic, her eyes glance to the sides, checking for unseen enemies, oddities amid the landscape with each gallop. Unfocused and yet at the same time, instinct aware, quiet and yet each clop of the horse echoing against the ground beneath.

-Giselle-

Giselle blinks off and on, Arcen’s words… she’s half a bit wary, half a tiny bit flattered by the attention. She’s not quite sure which to run with, a slightly light chuckle coming from Giselle, glancing gently to Aiduen for a moment, looking to her as she tried to explain as well.

‘I’m not freaked out by it, really… it’s just… for a guy whose focus is fighting, him… well, and actually being flushed is kinda sweet. I know he’s your brother, but… Heh, yeah, kinda sweet. And I don’t…’ she blinks, a tiny flush herself as she nods in answer to Aiduen’s question, moving with Aiduen to the wagon after a moment. She makes sure not to add ‘mind if he tries anything’ as she gets to the wagons back as the fancy guy seems to depart.