Abysmal Souls Chapter 5

ReformBlade

Aurelio

It was worse than he expected, it looked like it wasn't just Carrion. The odds are she wouldn't be alone, quite a few people had gone with her. His only hope was that Adrian did his "nice guy" thing, but if he laid as much as a finger on her...

"Well, Carrion is. I'm not about to let her go do that to your sister."

The kid had impressed him. Ormis may have been rash and loud, but Aurelio couldn't say he hated him. Quite the opposite, he might even call him an ally if he had to.

"Thanks, buddy. It's nice to know people are fightin' on my side. If I can talk Carrion outta it, things shouldn't be too hard. Although I'm cutting her down if I have to, I've waited too long to have Lunaria taken from me again."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Ken

Obelia and Sophia had begun their conversation. He focused on the road ahead of him, it would be rude to listen in.

--------------------------------

Lunaria

Reynor still looked upset, was he still feeling bad about the people who lied to him? If Reynor was sad, she was sad. Her eyes began to water, she hadn't been good at controlling her emotions for a long while.

"I-I guess I could try building. I don't think I'm very good at it, to be honest. Sorry if that's inconveniencing, or anything!"

It had been too much for her, she stopped in her tracks and burst into tears. She missed her home, her family, friends and was sick of the island. Barely able to get words in between her tears, she wrapped herself around Reynor.

"I... *sniff* don't like this... island any more! I want to go home..."

---------------------------------

Jabin, everyone's favourite NPC... other than Amera's pervy old-man boss

Lady Lucinda had caught him on the way out, part of him expected it, he had been out of line.

"If I die, you are not to exact punishment against this woman unless she was the one that drove the sword into my heart, understood?"

"Understood, milady."

He then left, returning to maintaining the defense.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lucretia

"Thanks, buddy. It's nice to know people are fightin' on my side. If I can talk Carrion outta it, things shouldn't be too hard. Although I'm cutting her down if I have to, I've waited too long to have Lunaria taken from me again."

Lucretia suddenly became worried. She'd seen Carrion's power firsthand. If She wanted to, she could immolate Aurelio on the spot. No, I won't let her. If she even lays a finger on him, I'll kill her boyfriend... Adrian.

"Well, for her sake, let's hope we can talk her out of it." Lucretia added in, riding close to Aurelio's side. I'll kill Adrian if Carrion even thinks of touching Aurelio, or Lunaria. I can't lose Aurelio now.

Sophia

‘I… understand, shall we say. Are you… searching for Alyssa’s father or are you just travelling, Sophia?’

I guess that means she already knows, then, looking at her reaction. "Less travelling and more trying to survive, really. I don't really care about finding her dad, that's too difficult to do."

• 3 weeks later...

Melanie

"Woooow, Mel, just wow, ha ha ha!" Yeah, you laugh. Mel actually found herself rolling her eyes at Amera's reaction; clearly the imminent danger of creepy pedo guys wasn't so imminent to her. If he were a day over thirty, he would have to be rich to score someone like her...twenty-three means he has some money. Or he can make it. Otherwise she'd trade up. "It's nothing big just... ha ha, uhm... I asked Mel how old she was, she found out I'm seventeen, and I guess she thought you were some old creeper, or something," Amera explained, lightly punching her monkey boy in a not-so-subtle attempt to just touch him. He's not even that hot! Standards, girl! "Honestly, Mel, you know how to make a girl laugh..." Mel did her best not to scowl - she had heard that one before. Many times. "right, right, southern gates, we're just waiting for Carrion there." And she was off. Mel looked at the girl, a puzzled expression on her face. Amera was weird.

Mel looked over her shoulder at Gideon, as if to learn from him why Amera's boundless energy (and warped sense of humor) didn't affect him, then turned back to the anri. A light sigh escaped her as she began to follow Amera. If her friends are anything like her, I'm going to end up unintentional comic relief, and that will suuuuuuck...

Gideon

Amera's peal of laughter was a bit grating, but Gideon couldn't help but smirk - it was a bit silly of the kid to ask that. There's no way I look that old, though. Thirty tops. The love-tap was...well, Amera being Amera, which he didn't mind. "Oi, you gonna wait for us this time?" he asked as she began to walk away, his voice trailing off to inaudibility as he realized she wouldn't listen anyway. Then Mel gave him a confused look, or a frustrated one. Either way, he didn't mind seeing her taken down a notch of enthusiasm. "I don't know either," he said knowingly as he followed along with the girls. But she's grown on me.

- - -

Their arrival was late, and Gideon knew it. Just seeing the amount of people already gathered at the gate told him just how late. Of course, it didn't bother him; it never did. Gideon lazily surveyed the group around Carrion as he and the girls approached, blinking when he saw a familiar, if unexpected face on the man sitting at the head of the wagon. "Wait, that's Grant, right? Thought he was down a leg," he said quietly to Amera, with whom he had inexplicably caught up.

Mel knew it was him, and her silence seemed to depict that. Grant...seriously? I was so proud of my stupid goodbye speech thing, too, and here you are again. This'll just be awkward now! Ugh! She just kept walking, unconsciously trying to keep control of herself; if they thought she was just some dumb kid, they wouldn't bring her along.

Edited by Anti-Social Kitty

Adrian

Although he wasn't the most comfortable with Horatio there, mostly because he'd been almost killed the previous day, he didn't feel it was worth arguing. There were more than enough people here that could stop him if he tried anything, and as he listened to Carrion, he figured she was right. As terrifying as the thought of dying again was, he knew that it wouldn't accomplish anything for whoever was trying to do it. He'd get brought back eventually, and nothing would change. He still didn't want it to happen. And for once, he wasn't upset with Danyon's grand standing, because he was right. And it made him smile a bit. I've been being too hard on him. Gotta tone down all that jealousy. It's not like anything'll happen between them, anyway. Instead of add anything, he simply let Carrion rest herself against him, and tried to nod off as well.

Horatio

He stopped his smirking, and grandstanding at this point wouldn't accomplish much. It was obvious that a large amount of the people there didn't trust him, and spouting off more shit would just make them trust him less. "You're right. Killin' you would be pointless wouldn't it?" Saying it hurt to swallow his pride would have been putting it lightly, but he looked away and almost turned his nose up at Carrion. "So there'd be no point in me tryin'. If y'wanna have that fight later, sure. I wouldn't mind." Almost managing to grit his teeth, he sighed, and decided there wasn't much else to say to her.

Danyon on the other hand...

"I'd end your life for one gold, th'way you're goin' on. Wouldn't be that hard, either. I've seen you fight, you're nothin' impressive." But the knight was off, and Horatio was already bothered enough by him. So in the same vain as he had for Carrion, he stopped himself from saying anything else. And so he turned his attention to the one person in the wagon that seemed to care about him, Carrie. Her speech seemed genuine, and he smiled as he leaned back. No killin', eh? Gonna be hard t'turn off that instinct for a while. Letting her finish, he felt it necessary to wrap an arm around her and pull her closer to him. "I know y'said no dyin'... but if it comes down to it, I can take it for ye. Sound good?" He winked, wondering how she'd take that.

Beatrice

From the reactions she'd garnered, she began to wonder if she was better off with the witch. But in the state she was in, an angry outburst would probably create more foes than friends, so she ignored the rude man, turning her attention to the overbearing one. He frightened her as well, almost flinching as he brought himself closer. She could barely hold herself together, as she continued to struggle past tears and talk. "Th-They were at the beach. I... I just ran, I don't know if they're still there o-or if they've left. Goddess, why...?" She sunk to her knees completely, her entire frame almost collapsing in despair.

Andy

Andy continued to make his food, determined to believe that nothing was going wrong in the house, and that ghosts were nothing but pure fiction. The sound of Noel suddenly turning, almost stumbling, made him glance back, but he continued to shrug it off. There's no evidence they're real, so they're not...

Lilith

Lilith's mood changed completely at Lucinda mentioning her brother's name, shooting her hands to the girl's. Her eyes are wide and her smile is beaming, almost too afraid to ask. "Y-You're serious?! You're not joking, right? I-I-I know it might be farfetched, but it's not a common name, a-and..." she caught herself, letting go of Lucinda and blushing a little. "I-I'm just getting worked up over nothing, aren't I? I shouldn't get so easily excited. I'll... just go get my things ready." rather embarrassed by the entire ordeal she'd been through, she stormed her way out of the room, still smiling though. She'd finally be able to leave this inn, this job, this stupid outfit; she'd finally be able to try and find the only part of her family she still cared about... wow, that was terribly shallow. My mother's still here... girl, calm down. It was just a rumor, anyway. So upon entering her room, she sighed, and began explaining what had happened to her mother...

Reynor

She's crying? Why is she crying again? This can't be good...! He wasn't ready for tears, and he definitely wasn't ready for what she did; wrapping herself around him. He sort of did was came naturally to him, and wrapped his own arms around her. His heart was beating, his mind was racing, and there wasn't much for him to go on. So he tried his best. "L-Lunaria we'll... we'll find a way o-off the island, alright? Don't... don't cry." He voice was becoming more calm, as he came to terms with his situation. "And then we'll find your brother, settle down somewhere, and no one will bother us again. Alright?" I could get used to this idea... "so... s-so hold on a bit more, alright? Dry those tears." Surprising even himself, he hoped she'd listen to him, at least for a while.

Amera

Amera continued to bound happily along, forcing herself to slow down at point as to not lose Gideon and Mel in the distance. Adventuring was something she simply enjoyed. And spending the entire time with all of these people? That would surely make it better.

Though, her mood began to drop as they caught up to the leaving wagon. She could see who was inside it, and seeing Grant immediately brought her spirits from ridiculously fleeting to moderately amused. Not sad, but not as enamored with life as she had been moments before. "Wait, that's Grant, right? Thought he was down a leg," She sighed, whispering back, "yeah, seems like it. And whatever magic brought his leg back, as long as he doesn't start something, I guess it's no problem, right?" She hopped herself onto the back of the wagon, waving hi to everyone there, not recognizing a few people. But they could get acquainted during the trip, right? She thought as much. Though as much as she knew there wouldn't be much space left for anyone else, she laid herself down on the wagon, letting her feet dangle off the back. "Gideon, Mel, come on~" She began to hum to herself, wondering how this whole trip would go.

Gideon

He noticed the change in her mood, but at this point all her moods seemed like different shades of happy to him unless she was angry or crying, so he let it go. As she hopped up onto the wagon, he got a good look at her back, and the realization that his eyes were wandering only served to boost his mood - I lay claim to it, so why the hell not? "Gideon, Mel, come on~"

Her happiness was, he had to confess, a bit contagious. Smirking, he looked over at the short girl next to him as he began to climb onto the wagon, making a point of claiming a seat near the edge - he refused to sit in an uncomfortable spot, much less stand, for the entire damn trip. "You heard her. Come on," he told Mel. Her lack of reply worried him - even if she said something random or inappropriate, he knew her head was on her shoulders when she talked. "Mel? You there?"

Melanie

The creepy guy was on the wagon.

Mel's face was the picture of the awe, incredulity, and frustration - all of which were fighting (unsuccessfully, thank the Goddess) for control of her voice. Why the fuck is he here?! He's...come on! Really? This guy's so creepy! I'm probably gonna get raped or something on this trip...I hope the Goddess kicks him in the balls with heels on. ...Okay, maybe not in person, but he'd still deserve it! Without a word (she was at a loss for words, for once) she walked swiftly towards the wagon, her eyes blazing. Don't tell him off, don't tell him off, not yet, don't tell him off...why is this so hard to fucking climb?! Her arms clawed at the floor of the wagon and her legs flailed in an attempt to fling the rest of her onto the wagon; it took more than a few moments of this spectacle to get her on, shoulder first, after which she rolled rather awkwardly onto her back and scrambled to her feet. She didn't notice Gideon leaning away from her and covering his face as her legs swung around her. Once she got onto the wagon, Mel stomped to the side of the wagon closest to Amera and leaned on the wall, grumbling about shitty design and short legs.

It took all of Gideon's effort to keep from laughing at her; luckily for him, she didn't notice.

Edited by Anti-Social Kitty

Lunaria

"L-Lunaria we'll... we'll find a way o-off the island, alright? Don't... don't cry."

Drying her eyes slightly, she looked up at Reynor. For a second she continued staring. Then, she suddenly leaped up back onto her feet, almost wanting to do something for him.

"Well... if Reynor... thinks it could happen... maybe it could... I'm sorry for scaring you, Reynor!"

~Lucinda~

"Y-You're serious?! You're not joking, right? I-I-I know it might be farfetched, but it's not a common name, a-and..." Lilith blushed, and Lucinda couldn't help but crack a smile. "I-I'm just getting worked up over nothing, aren't I? I shouldn't get so easily excited. I'll... just go get my things ready." She left in a tizzy and Lucinda wobbled over to her bed, collapsing onto it. She lifted her head weakly to look out the window absent-mindedly and rolled onto her side with some effort. The feeling in her legs hadn't quite come back, and she was feeling light-headed after being asleep for so long. Lucinda laughed softly. I bet I look like a mess right now. My hair must be in complete disarray and my dress horribly wrinkled, but you know what? I care not. She closed her eyes and thanked the Goddess silently for her aid in helping her overcome her trials and a second chance at life.

~Seilynda~

The girl slowed her horse to a trot, keeping her eyes peeled for an ambush or some other form of unexpected attack. She could tell that her faithful companion was getting tired, but she had to press on. Camping out in dangerous, unfamiliar territory isn't the brightest of prospects, and she would much rather have a proper roof over her head. Once Seilynda was able to find a seemingly clean source of water, she dismounted and led her horse over to a small pool. Her fingers fished out a handful of candied radishes from a satchel tied to her belt and held her hand out to the animal, which gobbled them up with relish. She took this opportunity to refill her canteens and slumped down onto the ground, hugging her knees to her chest with a sigh.

~Giselle~

Giselle stood and leaned over the railing in the back of the wagon, her chin resting on her hands. The exhilaration she felt from Arcen's flirting was wearing off, and she shook her head violently, her mahogany-colored curls lashing at her face. What am I doing? Why am I with these people? Ugh, what am I getting myself into…? What the hell's wrong with you, Giselle? You're not weak enough to fall for the sweet talk that oaf is babbling, get a hold of yourself. You can do better than this! That guy doesn't even have the world subtlety in his dictionary! In fact, he probably doesn't even have a dictionary at all! He's just another meathead! Ugh… you're so gonna get sacked when you get back…

Edited by Sona Buvelle

Carrion

"It'd be pointless, it'd accomplish nothing. Been there, done that, don't feel like doing it again, especially if it'd be so much more trouble than its worth." Opening her eyes yet again, Carrion was surprised at the amount of people on-board the wagon now. This... doesn't need so many people. "Why are there so many of you here? This isn't going to be that involved, and bringing more only complicates things further... but hey, if you all wanna risk your life pointlessly, be my guest. Though continued use of my wagon may result in me charging a fee." Crossing her leg, she smirked to herself. To her it was a joke, but if people were gonna pay her she wouldn't mind. "Hey Grant, get a move on, we aren't getting any younger!" Shouting made her smile

Grant

Looking behind him, Grant found a rather motley bunch where there were only a few before. Looking to everyone for a moment, the only one he needed to focus on seemed to be trying to dissuade so many people from helping her which only made him sigh. "Hm..." Turning right back around, he only grumbled and drove the wagon out of the gate finally. "So many people for one task... Takes all kinds I suppose." he mused to himself out of boredom before driving the wagon out of the gate, finally starting the unfortunately long journey south of Pravna.

Kulen

"Oh get up, this is no time to wallow, you miserable wench. Stooping down to your level here for a second, do you think those who died over there would like to see you, someone who appears to be physically healthy and very much alive, do nothing? No vengeance? No solace? No, you'd rather just sit there and moan like an infant, like all is lost! Gods be damned, I didn't think this place was that bad off, I certainly hope the rest of the island isn't as bad as you are..." He walked off in a bit of a huff, happy to lecture and yell at someone 'lower' than him. A beach? I think that's what that filthy being said... I suppose she wouldn't lie about that so I'll take her word on it for now. His mind made up, he began his way towards a beach, any beach. He'd find them eventually.

"Don't listen to him, milady, he's nothing but an inconsiderate monster... a monster that we can use to our gain, I'm sure of it. But there is one thing I must agree on with him, and that would be to not despair. I will gladly risk my life, doubly so for one so pretty as you!" He put a hand on her shoulder, hoping to calm her down. "I may not seem it, but I am quite capable, so just stick close to me and you'll be safe, I swear it!" Hopefully she'll stay very close to me...

-Obelia-

Obelia’s eyes linger on Sophia for a few moments, seeming to understand indeed what she means, seating herself next to Sophia after a moment and instead directing attention to her daughter, a lighter smile offered at the now resting little one, glancing up and inquiring with the girls mother after a few moments in a gentle tone, genuinely softened in the presence of the sleeping girl.

‘If you want help, any help, Sophia, I’d be more then willing to help out. You deserve a lot more then just help, but that’s something I know I can offer.’

-Langley-

Reaching for a good bit of apple, something to mostly chew on in the meantime, she is willing to go with the whole pure fiction route as well, something that is bordering too far on the fantastical. Yet it is a sound a moment later, something that is more then surprising to her, that takes her by surprise.

‘OW!’

-Noel-

‘You little-‘

Noel is standing outside the front door. It has changed, from her just moving to the kitchen to having ran, her ears having flicked a moment or two before crossing the door. Having heard something odd as she’d walked towards the kitchen door, her body moves on automatic, brain intent on solving this mystery before it becomes something that gnaws at the edge of her mind overtime. So now, the door having been burst outward, catching the back of someone... someone who seems to be writhing in fur, some sort of chains rattling as ‘she’ growls at the now rather fierce Noel.

‘Let me go, you furry li-‘

‘YOU LITTLE BASTARD!’ A harsh ‘thwack’ is heard and the being on the ground hisses, curling on the floor with an angry yell. Noel seems angrier then she’s ever been, yet the way she tones her words, it’s as if there is familiarity between Noel and the ‘ghost’.

-Carrie-

A lighter sigh at Horatio’s smirk vanishing echoes her lips but a small consolation that he isn’t just letting pride over an ignorant nobleman and his ‘profession’ allow him to continue boasting about wanting an active trip to wherever their going. Recognising the rather pointless nature of fighting is something that some never recognise, earning him a light sigh of relief from Carrie, though a weary warning glance is cast at the offer of a fight later, something which half exasperates her and yes, also amuses her a tiny bit too. After Danyon speaks up, the nobleman finds a warning glare follows to his own glance as well, as if a silent query as to why he sees to provoke a further argument with the pride filled ‘assassin’ next to her. Though her eyes blink a few times, a light surprise at the arm that now holds her a bit closer to the guy by her side and after a few moments, she does finally offer a tiny smile.

‘You think I’d just go let ya die? Horatio, I’m not master swordswoman, but I’m not gonna let you take a sword for me. If we end up in a fight, then I’m going in with you, all the way. That way…’ she thinks a moment on how best to word it but finally with a light sigh echoing her, she smiles back to him and murmurs, a firm resolve in her tone as well ‘That way, maybe you might get I’m not gonna just follow you ‘round and cling in the hope you’ll be my shining knight. I’m gonna prove not just to you, but myself… you don’t have to fight alone, nor do you even have to fight, Horatio. I don’t think I wanna see you die today.’ But she admits, she raises her eyebrows, startled to recognise… two on the wagon she really didn’t expect to see her today. ‘…Amera? Gideon…? Is that you two?’

-Ellandra-

Ellandra sits up after a few moments, a light sigh as her wings flutter a few times and knowing that with more arriving, she has to make sure they have some space to seat themselves. It’s not much to do, but she was albeit enjoying the sight of the sky above in such a relaxed position. She wonders a moment what Zwool’s contenting him doing, though with how things have been going, it’s not the most important thing by far. For a few moments, she thinks and then, glancing around to the others, she takes her pad from Carrion’s side quickly draws on it and then, tapping Giselle’s shoulder, she holds it out to read, a bit hesitant of meeting a new person.

-My name’s Ellandra, yours?-

-Zwool-

Zwool’s rest continues to envelop him though his mind is maybe too awake for the middle of the day to claim him entirely in rest. He finds himself beginning to stir, a small grumble escaping him at the mind awakening, yet with a slight effort to force sleep back, the book from before almost slipping from his grasp, he tries to turn over. Something, however, begins to build, an odd pressure in his head he finds comes from nowhere, but makes him grimace, a hazy rest replaced with a dull pain, growing to a roar….

Rine

The street was too far, and his journey tiresome. There's no way he's going to get to the city before night-time, and it's dangerous to travel at dusk. He's a lone mage, and aside from running away, he couldn't fight them. It wasa shame to admit it, but it was better than walking to his death. While walking, he thought about jumping on a wagon as soon as one crosses, saying that he's going to pay for the ride. What other choice did he have? So, yes, jump in a wagon. As long as it wasn't the witch's, it'd be fine.

Except the first wagon he saw was Carrion's, and he couldn't bet on his luck or be picky about what little choices he had. He continue to walk, looking back a few times, before jumping on it's back and noticing that there were people here as well. "This is going to be bad... I know it.". It was already too late to complain, anyway. "Hi. So we meet again, huh? I'm sorry about earlier, being rushy to conclusions is a bad trait I have... Well, would you tell me where your wagon is heading? I'm willing to pay for a ride."

Edited by Rapier

Amera

The wagon was... a wagon. A part of her, a very small part, wondered why they were traveling in something so shoddy, given how many people where there. Quickly, a thought passed through her mind, couldn't they have afforded something better than this with all their money pooled together?, but the thought passed as quickly as it had come, as she was more so enjoying being able to travel once again. Gideon sat up next to her on their little edge, and she continued smiling as she sat up. "So... we're finally off doing something fun again. Feels good, doesn't it?" She leaned herself on him, watching the road move slowly under their feet. Mel began to climb up as well, which received, instead of an offer for help, a small chuckle. She's so short. I don't want to laugh... but it's like watching a small dog try to get up tall steps! Restricting herself to a small giggle, as much as she would've preferred a wholehearted laugh, she sighed through her sigh when Mel sat down. "You alright, Mel? You seem down." She leaned herself a bit closer, trying to keep her voice down, "is it Grant?"

Before she could get an answer, though, her miniature conversation was interrupted by a mildly familiar voice. ‘…Amera? Gideon…? Is that you two?’ She blinked, and turned an eye towards the voice. "Carrie? Oh, hi!" A bright smile followed her greeting, her tail almost beginning to wag itself again. This really will be a nice trip.

Reynor

"Well... if Reynor... thinks it could happen... maybe it could... I'm sorry for scaring you, Reynor!"

Like a little kid, huh? He ruffled her hair a bit as she stood, finally managing to smile at her. He still knew that what she had done was... monstrous, but he couldn't change that fact. Acceptance was a lot easier when there was a cute girl standing in front of you. And he was starting to piece together why she had acted like she had, especially with how she was acting now. "Now, Lunaria, where was that house?" I can't treat her like an adult. She might look like one, but she's still... this might be tough. The deaths of his comrades still weighing on him, he kept his composure for both of their sakes.

Lilith

"Mother, mother! Adrian, he-- he might still be alive!"

"What?!"

Her mother shared a similar reaction towards the chance that Adrian might still be alive, though she had reservations about letting Lilith go off on her own. But, knowing that she wouldn't be going alone calmed some of them; Lilith's explanation of what had transpired was enough. She knew that nothing she said would curve Lilith's interest though, as Lilith hated this job, and wanted to do nothing more than leave the inn. So, even though she was worried, she finally agreed. Lilith couldn't have been more pleased, as she rushed to the washroom to get out of that horrid maid's outfit. Her mother packed her things as she changed, a little happy that Lilith finally had something to do with her life. They'd both been stranded here after the attack, and if nothing else, she wished the best for her daughter. Liltih came out smiling, and took her bags, giving her mother a hug goodbye before walking back to Lucinda's room. A hasty knock on the door left her waiting for a response.

Adrian

Adrian sighed at the exchange going on, wishing that everyone would just quiet down and relax. He wanted nothing else than to sleep a bit. At least Carrion's conversation was amusing. He'd never expected Horatio to back down after what had happened the previous day. Carrion did make him sigh as well, though. "Why are there so many of you here? This isn't going to be that involved, and bringing more only complicates things further... but hey, if you all wanna risk your life pointlessly, be my guest. Though continued use of my wagon may result in me charging a fee." He almost chuckled again, but simply smiled and sighed. "Shouldn't you be happy that so many people are willing to help you, instead of out trying to kill you? I know I would. So don't scare them off with some sort of traveling charge, eh?" He chuckled now, leaning his head on hers. He wanted nothing more than to just have a small extra room in the tiny wagon, somewhere where they could be alone. Nothing romantic, just some place to themselves. But he could be patient.

Though his patience was beginning to wear thin, as the man from before hopped into their wagon. He didn't say anything, just listened, and sighed. At least he's apologizing. Adrian didn't say anything, instead relaxing back down against Carrion. If she wanted to answer him, she could.

Beatrice

Bea had shut out the other man, determined to not let him make her feel worse about her decision. She was already having it bad enough, she didn't need the words of some holier than thou bigot telling her how to act. So she focused herself on the eager one, who was still unnerving her, but what choice did she have? "I may not seem it, but I am quite capable, so just stick close to me and you'll be safe, I swear it!" He put a hand on her shoulder, and she flinched, almost reaching for her sword. It wouldn't do any good to do that, Bea, just calm down... try to calm down. She stood, still shaking a bit. The monster of a man had left, and she was now stranded in the jungle with this stranger. But she wasn't afraid of that. "Alright... what do we do?"

Andy

Andy heard Langley exclaim pain, almost dropping his food as he spun around to see Noel rush out of the house. "What...?" He left what he was making at the counter and strolled on over to see Noel holding... there was a ghost?! That's impossible! He was frightened, but upon glancing for a few moments, he realized that is was... "what's going on, Noel? Who is... this?" The figured was already squirming on the ground, as it had been struck by Noel. Rather violent, but alright... He walked up a bit, staring down at the figure. It was dressed to seem like some sort of ethereal being, which made him sigh. Not that he'd say anything to this person, as he already found himself slightly hidden behind Noel.

Horatio

"Look, Carrie, I appreciate the sentiment, but I doubt I'm gonna let ye fight with us. I'll give you a weapon t'keep yerself safe with, but don't rush in, alright? I mean, d'ye even know how t'use a sword? Lance? ... Axe? Just, uh... don't go an' get yourself hurt, alright?" He sighed a little bit, watching everyone else in the cart, wondering why they all wanted to help this girl. Her name's Carol? Carina? ... Carrion, right. Guess she's popular. Tuning back into Carrie's talking, his wandering eyes bored with everyone else there, '... I’m gonna prove not just to you, but myself… you don’t have to fight alone, nor do you even have to fight, Horatio. I don’t think I wanna see you die today.’ "Hah, give me some credit, will ye? It's not like I'm just gonna run out and get myself killed. Not gonna let ye do the same, so just relax." He was smiling, but he was a little worried. She seems too eager t'prove herself... makes me worried. But luckily, Carrie had apparently found someone to talk to, leaving Horatio glad that the conversation had left that uncomfortable subject. He may have killed for a living, but he didn't want to see Carrie practically kill herself.

Edited by seph1212

Sophia

‘If you want help, any help, Sophia, I’d be more then willing to help out. You deserve a lot more then just help, but that’s something I know I can offer.’

Sophia yawned, absentmindedly nodding her head as well. She lay her head on Obelia shoulder, closing her eyes.

"For starters, you could be my pillow for now... wake me up if Alyssa gets up too..."

Aurelio

Ormis would be good to have around, Teis was pretty reliable too. Although, he wouldn't let either of them get in too deep, they were amongst the first friends he'd had in years.

"Well, for her sake, let's hope we can talk her out of it."

"Don't worry, Lucretia. Carrion may be short-tempered but she's not unreasonable. Plus, Adrian's fairly levelheaded, I'm sure he'd be willing to listen."

He stopped for a second, recalling the map they'd looked at whilst planning. They'd arrive at Pravna late at night or in the early morning. Carrion's group had a significant lead. The island itself would take another day to reach.

"If we keep going until after dark, we'll reach Pravna. We'll probably have to stop for what's left of the night and south from there. We'll need to find someone willing to take us by boat."

-----------------------------------------

Lunaria

"Now, Lunaria, where was that house?"

"Right this way!"

She took him by the arm again, leading him to her little shack, the only thing left of the pirates.

(Time to sit back for the time skip!)

Edited by Dokutayuu