Should i save my BEXP for getting people to level 20/20 for transfering data to radiant dawn?

That's what I usually do; beat the game on normal/hard mode as fast as I can without using a single point of BEXP., I also save all stat boosters until the end.

Then save a separate file so that I can pick and choose the characters I want to use for RD transfers.

I would actually recommend using the BEXP ASAP, since you get more out of it point-for-point at lower levels.

But unless the unit uses staves, this also reduces the amount of regular experience they get, since they'll be at a higher level and all.

And really, while Hard mode in this game is something of an oxymoron, you still can't really get enough units to 20/20 to be worth transferring unless you just really don't want to play on Normal for transfers.

i admit i really don't want to play the game on normal, sides i figure that having a good time+afew transfers is better then skipping to RD.

Yeah, I'm having a hard time finishing my transfer run on NM... the game is just way too easy.