Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

While you're at it, draw me some pictures of Amy in a sexy night gown will ya?

... can you just, like, not talk? Thank you.

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer drawing stuff over writing stuff. Even if it's hard to get those creative juices flowing.

Like right now, those bloody animations...

Other way around for me, except it's less "prefers one thing over the other" and more "can't do one thing to save my life".

I'm no stranger to lack of creative juice though.

I prefer drawing stuff over writing stuff. Even if it's hard to get those creative juices flowing.

I tend to find that it's difficult to get into the right frame of mind and start, but once you're going the ideas just keep popping into your head. So sometimes you just have to kickstart things (not that I'm suggesting you do that, I can wait as long as it takes).

In general drawing seems to come easier than writing, for me because I can see the thing visibly edging closer to completion. With writing though all I can think of is; "I've got X scenes still to go", which can be offputting. Still, things progress.

his problem is that you just asked for a sanic character to be drawn in provocative clothing

most people would be disturbed by that, i think you will find.

Edited by I have opinions

his problem is that you just asked for a sonic character to be drawn in provocative clothing

most people would be disturbed by that, i think you will find.

It was a joke, stems from my fandom of Amy from my Let's Play of the Last Promise. It was directed towards Mageknight and I’m sure he’ll see the humor in it. No need to get all worked up over it.

I think the bigger problem is that you just asked a character based on Ray's sister to be drawn in a sexy night gown.

Well it all makes sense now. Thanks for shedding some light on that, I was really starting to wonder why people got so up in arms about my comment.

I had no idea Amy was based on a real person. I just have a big thing for cute cleric girls, and I loved Amy’s sprite and portrait, thus my crush on her. Had I known she was based on someone's sister, I would of course have kept my dirty thoughts to myself.

Edited by Mangs

Not like you can't pay some random deviantartist to draw something up

I only know about that because I remember hearing about it in passing some years ago. No biggie, imo. Most people don't use characters based on real people in their hacks anyway so imo it's an honest misteak

I tend to find that it's difficult to get into the right frame of mind and start, but once you're going the ideas just keep popping into your head. So sometimes you just have to kickstart things (not that I'm suggesting you do that, I can wait as long as it takes).

In general drawing seems to come easier than writing, for me because I can see the thing visibly edging closer to completion. With writing though all I can think of is; "I've got X scenes still to go", which can be offputting. Still, things progress.

Funny story; I had to write a play for a project in my last year of high school and thought I had hit a creative gold mine.

Turns out I inadvertently ripped off most of the themes from Mother 3. =/

Well it all makes sense now. Thanks for shedding some light on that, I was really starting to wonder why people got so up in arms about my comment.

I had no idea Amy was based on a real person. I just have a big thing for cute cleric girls, and I loved Amy’s sprite and portrait, thus my crush on her. Had I known she was based on someone's sister, I would of course have kept my dirty thoughts to myself.

Do that.

All the time I mean. No one wants to hear it.

yeah that whole 'stop talking' thing is

you should probably do that.

Oh for the love of god, you act as if I kicked someone's puppy. Stop being so god damn butt hurt.

Wonder how you'd feel if someone was essentially prowling your sister..

Christ people, now you're all just acting ridiculous. It was an accident, a mistake, now drop the subject. This isn't the RIP ON MANGS thread it's the ASDX thread.

ffs

Edited by ManriKlok

Christ people, now you're all just acting ridiculous. It was an accident, a mistake, now drop the subject. This isn't the RIP ON MANGS thread it's the ASDX thread.

ffs

Really wouldn't claim it to be an accident, it was an action that was done without full knowledge of it's meaning or effect.

To also claim it's a small matter, eh, I err on the side that believes it isn't, but that's a thing called an opinion, so for the sake of sakes, we'll leave it as thus.

Wonder how you'd feel if someone was essentially prowling your sister..

You make it appear as if I was actually stalking someone's sister in real life. As I said previously in this thread, I had no idea she was even based on a real person, let alone someone’s sibling. Besides, if someone is really that overly defensive that they can’t even tolerate someone making a joke on the internet, a forum full of people with opinions wouldn’t be the ideal place to hang out.

Really wouldn't claim it to be an accident, it was an action that was done without full knowledge of it's meaning or effect.

To also claim it's a small matter, eh, I err on the side that believes it isn't, but that's a thing called an opinion, so for the sake of sakes, we'll leave it as thus.

For the love of god, it was a joke. You’re allowed not to laugh at it if you don’t find it funny, but are you going to attack everyone who makes jokes not 100% appropriate to you?

Some of you really just need to take a chill pill and stop acting like I violated a real human being. If you are really that easily offended, I’d imagine you’re having a very tough time dealing with actual problematic situations.

Sorry for turning this thread into a stupid discussion. I should probably just not respond to these idiotic posts, but it’s extremely difficult when people are acting like I'm some sort of sex-offender.

Edited by Mangs

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Narga_Rocks, July 24, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Narga_Rocks, July 24, 2013 - No reason given

Accidental double-post, deleted.

Edited by Mangs

omg mk404 i played your hack demo thinger and it was so awesome can you hurry up and do more i can;t wait anymore!!!!!1

ahem apologies, not sure what came over me

on a more serious note, I did enjoy it and I look forward to chapter 7 and beyond

Edited by Kitty of Time

You make it appear as if I was actually stalking someone's sister in real life. As I said previously in this thread, I had no idea she was even based on a real person, let alone someone’s sibling. Besides, if someone is really that overly defensive that they can’t even tolerate someone making a joke on the internet, a forum full of people with opinions wouldn’t be the ideal place to hang out.

For the love of god, it was a joke. You’re allowed not to laugh at it if you don’t find it funny, but are you going to attack everyone who makes jokes not 100% appropriate to you?

Some of you really just need to take a chill pill and stop acting like I violated a real human being. If you are really that easily offended, I’d imagine you’re having a very tough time dealing with actual problematic situations.

Sorry for turning this thread into a stupid discussion. I should probably just not respond to these idiotic posts, but it’s extremely difficult when people are acting like I'm some sort of sex-offender.

I'll apologize actually, I thought you were talking about a sonic character, completely forgot there was an Amy in ASD |D

btw Klok was joking about her being based on Ray's sister lol. No seriously he is, she's just another one of Ray's OCs.

you keep on keepin' on.

The chip on your shoulder there is telling bud. The easiest way to stop people responding is to stop giving people reasons to respond.

Seriously, don't respond to this. I don't care how strong your desire to get the last word in is. Don't respond, and I'm 99% sure no one else will as well, and we can get back to bitching about the (lack of) writing quality Sacred Dawn has.

btw Klok was joking about her being based on Ray's sister lol. No seriously he is, she's just another one of Ray's OCs.

Uh. Actually I wasn't joking, though maybe I was misinformed.

where's ecut she should be popping in right about now

Seriously, don't respond to this. I don't care how strong your desire to get the last word in is. Don't respond, and I'm 99% sure no one else will as well, and we can get back to bitching about the (lack of) writing quality Sacred Dawn has.

I know, this is basically how you can end any online argument, and if people did that more often the internet would be a better place, but damnit it is hard not to respond when someone is being so blatantly stupid.

OT though (which stands for on-topic, not off-topic), I think the writing in Sacred Dawn is great. It was hell to voice act it in my LP because of the sheer amount of it, but I didn’t really notice any lack in quality, but then again I’m no writer myself.

Edited by Mangs