Fire Emblem: A Sacred Dawn DX

Mage Knight 404

i just think its abit...overboard for any miltary to assume that an group of small children with one enemy soldier means they are the enemy.

i mean....no decent soldier or human would assume that

I see you've never been to war ' x'

a group* btw, not an group

Btw, they're not kids. They're teens. They could've been conscripted. So they assume enemy, because this is waaaaaaar.

Edited by seph1212

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's the thing: Raymond and company aren't affiliated with the Renais army. They wouldn't recognize 'em. And since Fire Emblem history is ripe with child soldiers that are somehow better at fighting than seasoned vets, I'd likely assume they were mercenaries or a scouting party.

well being an 19 year old college student that lives with his mother...no i haven't been to war and i never plan to fight unless my name "wins" the miltary lottery.

also is it just me, or is anyone esle getting a very gundam seed vibe from the story? granted i enjoy it as my second favorite non UC gundam so far(Age might surpass it). but i will call bullshit if an neutral third party declairs war on grado and renais which the main heros join and defeat both.

while i was typing this i just thought, wouldn't the renais soldiers atleast know about the children of the man who is thier best general?

People become full-fledged knights at 18 in the time period that FE is most likely associated with. Doesn't matter if you'll never go to war, most of us nowadays won't be, but consider the setting before you speak.

also is it just me, or is anyone esle getting a very gundam seed vibe from the story? granted i enjoy it as my second favorite non UC gundam so far

Right, can't read anymore, you enjoy Gundam SEED, that terribly written Gundam trash. It's not the worst that's Destiny, but to even consider it good adskjvahsdkv.

WHATEVS~ if you seriously are trying to compare to this Gundam SEED, I just... what? How in any way does it compare? Where's whiny protag who meets childhood friend and fights them to the death? Julie seems like she's dealing with this a lot better than Kira did. Julie knows who her sibling is, her father's not dead/gone, she isn't being emotionally manipulated by some evil bitch. And the only comparison you can make between the actual war going on, is that... oh man, there's two sides, and they're fighting. That's about it. And why am I even arguing this, how can you compare GIANT ROBOTS to medieval fantasy?

Urgh, the silly emanating from your typed words makes me roll my eyes all the way back into my head. How about you stop over analyzing things and just... roll with it?

while i was typing this i just thought, wouldn't the renais soldiers atleast know about the children of the man who is thier best general?

I see that you don't read, as well ' x'

I mean, honestly?

Edited by seph1212

i said i like seed as my second favorite non UC gundam in the same way i'd rather drown in water then drown in my own piss.

but ah well, seems like its just me then.

i mean i'll download the finished project cause of dat animations and gameplay, this is going to be far better then my own hack...but goodness.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

I'm glad that Great Knights have 7 movement rather than 6 movement, seems more fair. Interesting though that you made Armor Knights have 5 movement instead of 4 and Cavaliers having 8 instead of 7. I'm assuming that the Armor Knights got an improved movement because of how the battle animation is designed, am I correct? Anyways, I think this hack has a nice, intricate plot so far. Can't wait to see more of it. Good luck and all.

I'm glad that Great Knights have 7 movement rather than 6 movement, seems more fair. Interesting though that you made Armor Knights have 5 movement instead of 4 and Cavaliers having 8 instead of 7. I'm assuming that the Armor Knights got an improved movement because of how the battle animation is designed, am I correct? Anyways, I think this hack has a nice, intricate plot so far. Can't wait to see more of it. Good luck and all.

in that case we should make the fliers have 8 movement as well.

And the promoted versions of fliers and paladins have 9 movement...which would be awesome.

Hell to be honest people in that time period seeing as there are no guns and kids as early as 11 were already training to be knights and in a matter of 3 years as a page they could become a fully fledged knight.

As for the gundam seed bashing truthfully it's a matter of opinion, (that I completely agree on) but i digress.

Ahh and I was thinking about the whole child soldier thing...ummm FE9-10's Rolf or FE9's Sothe, FE7's Florina couldn't have been that old either.

Either way with every update I get even more excited to see the outcome of MK's hack.

I just saw your last video and i noticed there is a lot of dialogue in your hack (Interesting dialogue though, keep it up). I can't wait to see what characters make an appearance and i like how you design the weapon icons (Iron Lance, Steel Lance, etc...) yourself. I am interested to see how this hack unfoldssmile.gif.

For the generic Renais soldier info, instead of around the center of Magvel, personally I would have put near, as it's not really around the center, just at/near it.

Also, in all honesty, some of your mugs really make me shiver, the common causes are the lack of shading with hair over the face, be it frame or fringe and the eyes are also way too cartoon-y and stand out horribly.

Also, in all honesty, some of your mugs really make me shiver, the common causes are the lack of shading with hair over the face, be it frame or fringe and the eyes are also way too cartoon-y and stand out horribly.

Sorry, but that's my art style, and I don't intend to change it.

Anyway, for those that didn't catch the last few posts:

Chapter 2 videos are up for your viewing pleasure.

Work on Chapter 4 will begin...whenever. I'm gonna do some drawin' first...

Not everyone though. I've always gotten the same "shivers" as the poster above. Other than some really strange shading and color contrasts, a lot of his works look like they were smashed between two cardboard pieces, once three-dimensional mashed into 2, bringing all the strange proportions along with the trauma.

But it's more important that the dude likes drawing, not how others perceive it.

Sorry, but that's my art style, and I don't intend to change it.

Don't sweat it, Ray. Your art is far above average, especially for someone who's

working on a project like this and is busy with college(I think).

The only suggestion I have is about Michelle's battle sprite. Since the battle

sprites are actually supposed to look like the people fighting, not just a picture,

I think the shades of her armor should have more contrast, cause armor is shiny,

unless her armor is just old or dull.

*returns to occasional lurking*

Edited by April

I'm loving Dreg's non-subtlety. It feels oh so early-game generic FE boss :)

Looking for an editor btw? I did notice a few typos and some things in the dialog that could be tightened up. I didn't take notes though and I'm super tired at the moment x.x