Priscilla or Serra?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

if you're not playing ranked?

Anouleth, don't bring that kind of blasphemy to these people.

Anyways, unranked 20/1, Priscilla usually promotes with the desert chapter ring since I tend to use Serra, Pris, Lucius, and Canas. And ring order is usually Serra, Canas, Priscilla, Lucius. ;/

Priscilla also gets weird con if you give her rings thanks to her horse, and usually has worse skill than Serra.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been awhile since I've played or debated FE7, but IIRC there's a gaiden chapter where you need Nils to be a certain level by a certain chapter, and realistically the only way he'll get that high is if you sit around in Lyn's mode and have him chant stuff all day. While doing this you may as well heal abuse with Serra (since you're taking the same amount of time anyway, so you don't lose anything) and thus Serra ends up with a substantial level lead on Prissy.

So for a ranked run Serra is better. For a speedrun where you're gonna just skip that gaiden chapter and Serra doesn't get those levels then Prissy wins.

also disclaimer: didn't read the rest of this topic

Edited by smash fanatic

I'm her opposite, and usually use no healers apart from prepromotes (unless it's FE6, in which case I shall use Saul over the vastly superior but christ what a bitch Clarine). I dunno, it's just...not a thing I do. I do usually keep Priscilla around for a while, though, and not just because she's vastly better than Serra.

@Smash: There is. 19(?)xx, and Nils needs to be level 7 by the end of Lyn Mode.

Edited by Furetchen

Priscilla also gets weird con if you give her rings thanks to her horse, and usually has worse skill than Serra.

...Eh? Priscilla beats her in base by 1 and growth by 20.

It's been awhile since I've played or debated FE7, but IIRC there's a gaiden chapter where you need Nils to be a certain level by a certain chapter, and realistically the only way he'll get that high is if you sit around in Lyn's mode and have him chant stuff all day. While doing this you may as well heal abuse with Serra (since you're taking the same amount of time anyway, so you don't lose anything) and thus Serra ends up with a substantial level lead on Prissy.

So for a ranked run Serra is better. For a speedrun where you're gonna just skip that gaiden chapter and Serra doesn't get those levels then Prissy wins.

also disclaimer: didn't read the rest of this topic

1. 19xx is usually skipped for ranked debate as far as I know because you can't reasonably S rank Lyn's mode with a level 7 Nils.

2. Even when 19xx is assumed, abuse past getting Nils that high, including Heal spamming with Serra, is usually not considered to happen because it's not required for 19xx.

Be honest; if you promoted Priscilla at level 12, she would probably suck too.

I still stand by my claim that it's best to get them to level 15 at the very least before promoting them, or not promote them at all.

Not that there's anything wrong with not promoting them at all, because you have no shortage of magic users.

She had almost no use by lategame since everyone was promoted and she lacked the movement to heal. Besides I was not pretending to go to endgame with her as a cleric, also, it was a draft and I wasn't going to train her at all. By the time she promoted, she gained more level ups than the rest of the team and even sucked. Priscilla at least would've rescue/drop and use her staves with better movement.

...Eh? Priscilla beats her in base by 1 and growth by 20.

1. 19xx is usually skipped for ranked debate as far as I know because you can't reasonably S rank Lyn's mode with a level 7 Nils.

2. Even when 19xx is assumed, abuse past getting Nils that high, including Heal spamming with Serra, is usually not considered to happen because it's not required for 19xx.

I don't know, I just get unlucky. >_>

Though it may simply be Light magic's hit lead which makes it seem to me like Serra has better skill.

Most debates only care about the S-rank for HHM. What happens in Lyn's mode barely matters other than getting levels for those characters and liek a white gem or something about your Lyn's mode funds.

Then how would you propose getting nils to level 7? Or is there another way to reach 19xx?

Most debates only care about the S-rank for HHM. What happens in Lyn's mode barely matters other than getting levels for those characters and liek a white gem or something about your Lyn's mode funds.

Any recent ranked tier list I've seen has assumed LHM is S ranked. So, no.

Then how would you propose getting nils to level 7? Or is there another way to reach 19xx?

Past getting Nils that high, aka the only abuse that time is used for is getting Nils to level 7.

IDK, I don't play ranked, but healers in general have trouble gaining exp for me. Even when I healspam every turn, and I don't play at full efficient speed. No clue why. Took Prissy forever to even hit 10. Serra will probably never hit 10 the way I play even if I did use her.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

I have never played ranked either, and if I don't AA or have modified EXP gains for each stave (like 15-17 per heal for fan-hacks), I can't really get them to lvl 20. And then I realised why. I play very conservatively. If don't feel the person needs a heal before the enemy phase or before winning the chapter, i don't heal. I hold on to status staves like a poor man holds on to his money and don't use them unless I'm in dire situations. And by endgame, I have used like only 1 charge of my sleep or silence stave at most. And I didn't even use my rescue or warp staves, even though warp isn't worth much in terms of gold (I might be wrong). So I have been wondering, what would happen if I do a ranked run. Would my conservative nature ruin my attempts of an S?

I plan to do a ranked one soon and record it, but thats after I play through FE5 once. I want to experience both FE4 and 5 at least once in my life. FE4 was really good. FE5 so far, feels sort of like a black sheep of the series to me. Maybe its because of the 20 stat caps and the fact you need to capture enemy units and "steal" their weapons to supply yourself. I was so scared at the start of FE5 that I'd end up with no weapons, so I stole quite in the starting few chapters. And then realised, I have no more room in my inventory. And now I'm going off-topic ><

Going back into the topic, I have always used Priscilla over Serra for many reasons (logical, efficiency and fanboy-wise). I don't hate Serra (I think she's an interesting character), its just that I have a unit that can fulfill the same roles as Serra, but have extra things she can do that can improve her overall role and usefulness in the game.

And I know past in-game experience (as in blessed units and such that become way better than their averages say) doesn't mean much, but I once had a 42HP max magic,skill,speed,luck, and res Priscilla with 15 Def at 20/20 (no stat ups except a body ring). With the A support with Guy, my jaw dropped at how amazing she was in combat with him. If I had more body rings to increase her Con, I'd raise it to 13 for Excalibur lol. And my Guy was blessed in Strength. Max strength with Wo Dao = Morph Massacre. Come to think of it, most of my units in HHM were blessed >.> Eliwood...when did you become a decent unit to use in HHM.

Doubled checked a couple of other FE7 tier lists and you are right. Guess my memory is just bad.

I doubt that. Unless you checked stuff out from 2 years ago, that is. I wouldn't be surprised if Lyn's mode is not assumed to be S ranked in some tier lists from back then.

Going back into the topic, I have always used Priscilla over Serra for many reasons (logical, efficiency and fanboy-wise). I don't hate Serra (I think she's an interesting character), its just that I have a unit that can fulfill the same roles as Serra, but have extra things she can do that can improve her overall role and usefulness in the game.

And I know past in-game experience (as in blessed units and such that become way better than their averages say) doesn't mean much, but I once had a 42HP max magic,skill,speed,luck, and res Priscilla with 15 Def at 20/20 (no stat ups except a body ring). With the A support with Guy, my jaw dropped at how amazing she was in combat with him. If I had more body rings to increase her Con, I'd raise it to 13 for Excalibur lol. And my Guy was blessed in Strength. Max strength with Wo Dao = Morph Massacre. Come to think of it, most of my units in HHM were blessed >.> Eliwood...when did you become a decent unit to use in HHM.

In my first attempt for HHM, I had Prissy and Guy support each other, and they did ridiculously awesome. However, I reached CoD and had to redo it because: Prissy was cruelly screwed, she was almost lv. 12 valk and her res was between 16-17. :facepalm: But it's doable.