Priscilla or Serra?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

The difference between you and the others, however, is that many of the other people who prefer Serra recognise that Priscilla as a superior unit objectively, but voice their personal preference as Serra, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, stating that Serra is better than Priscilla, again, objectively, is just wrong.

As a healer, stats don't really matter unless there's a massive difference. This is not the case with Serra and Prissy, as their final stats are mostly within 1/2 of each others and that's getting them to 20/20 which is not possible unless you abuse. In this case, Priscilla's movement wins out alone because it allows her to have more positioning options and a wider range of people she can heal, as well as a backup rescuedropper, and Priscilla joins early enough that Serra's slight availability lead doesn't even matter. While there are cases where a foothealer beats out a mounted one (Niime vs Cecilia, Moulder vs L'Arachel), but this is not one of them.

Kent and Sain have a different utility than Prissy. Kent and Sain kill shit. Prissy heals Kent and Sain after they've killed shit. Both are useful, but in different ways.

Also IMO (don't kill me Serra fans) I don't find her to be good-looking or attractive. Might just be the pink hair since I dislike pink, though.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serra has better growths in everything but skill and luck, neither of which matter much to non-FE5 healers and she'll have had plenty of time to use them by the time Prissy comes.

I wouldn't say they're factually incorrect. Also:

1) The other people in this thread don't seem to think so.

2) The main reason I whine about her fugliness is because everyone keeps going on about how pretty and cute and (sometimes) fapworthy she is. I'm less inclined to pick on people like Arden, Meg and Dorothy because everyone is pretty much unanimous in saying they're ugly but people don't say that about Prissy when she's (in my opinion) nearly as deserving of suck vitriol.

If you think that Priscilla is as ugly as Dorothy, you have extremely bizarre standards of beauty.

To be honest, I can't take Prissy apparently being one of the best mounted units when compared to people like Kent & Sain, if we're allowing comparisons from other games I'd also mention FE9!Oscar, Lex (more on that in a moment), Sigurd, Hardin, Cain, Abel, etc. Of course there's less competition in FE7 but Kent and Sain still totally blow her out of the water.

I'm not really sure how. I wouldn't say that combat utility is clearly more valuable than staff utility, seeing as how combat utility is easily replicated while Priscilla is your only 8 move staff user. And the tier list seems to agree with me, with Priscilla exactly between Sain and Kent. dondon actually rates Priscilla as being outright better than both Sain and Kent, but dondon doesn't assume Lyn Mode.

Too bad he doesn't get to have it since Fin and Fury want it too.

I'm not sure why that automatically precludes him from using it. After all, there is a Silver Lance that Fin can take since he doubles naturally.

Edited by Anouleth

Serra has better growths in everything but skill and luck.

Like having a marginal lead in growths actually matters.
neither of which matter much to non-FE5 healers and she'll have had plenty of time to use them by the time Prissy comes.
Where? Lyn's mode? Where's she's only getting a level or two?
I wouldn't say they're factually incorrect. Also:

1) The other people in this thread don't seem to think so.

Just because we don't voice our opinions on as to why you think Priscilla's the "whore" you claim she is, that doesn't mean we (automatically) agree with them. I mean, if I were to call someone like Ayra or Mareeta a "whore" and give my reasons for thinking they are such, would I be any less wrong?
2) The main reason I whine about her fugliness is because everyone keeps going on about how pretty and cute and (sometimes) fapworthy she is. I'm less inclined to pick on people like Arden, Meg and Dorothy because everyone is pretty much unanimous in saying they're ugly but people don't say that about Prissy when she's (in my opinion) nearly as deserving of suck vitriol.
Priscilla's looks are easily comparable to Meg's, Dorothy's, and Ardan's? What the heck is this horse manure? I'm gonna go ahead and echo Anouleth and say that if you actually think that Priscilla's looks are easily comparable to Meg's, Dorothy's, and Ardan's, then you have extremely bizarre standards of beauty.
To be honest, I can't take Prissy apparently being one of the best mounted units when compared to people like Kent & Sain, if we're allowing comparisons from other games I'd also mention FE9!Oscar, Lex (more on that in a moment), Sigurd, Hardin, Cain, Abel, etc. Of course there's less competition in FE7 but Kent and Sain still totally blow her out of the water.
All of the units you listed are combat units. What? Are you suggesting that every single team has no need for a medic? You're pretty much always gonna need a medic or two in FE. This fact is almost pretty constant. Not many units have healing utility, and the only others besides Priscilla and Serra in this game either aren't promoted yet when they join and therefore are not able to do so just yet (Lucius), or join late in the game (Pent, Athos). The only difference is that Priscilla has a movement advantage over any other medic in this game. This allows her to easily perform her duties more easily, and this combined with the fact that she joins early makes her pretty damn useful thoughout. Just about anyone can easily perform as much as someone like Sain and Kent can combat-wise. Edited by Elmer

Serra has better growths in everything but skill and luck, neither of which matter much to non-FE5 healers and she'll have had plenty of time to use them by the time Prissy comes.

Now look at bases, particularly Mag, which will be the most important thing for them. Priscilla wins Mag base by 4. Assuming equal levels, Serra never catches up to Priscilla in Mag. They also tie Spd and Def growths, so Serra's are not "better," and Serra's +5 Res growth is canceled out by Priscilla having +1 base and +1 promotion bonus. She also wins Def because 15% growth is not enough to cancel out Priscilla's +1 base.

So in the end, Serra is only winning HP and Spd on average, but the Spd is canceled out by lower Con and heavier weapons. So Serra has a win in HP. Whoop-de-doo.

EDIT: They actually have the same Con, but the point still stands because Serra's weapons are still heavier than Priscilla's. And weaker to add insult to injury. Priscilla will likely be able to match the power of Shine!Serra with a Fire, only with 0 loss in AS instead of 3, and Thunder for extra power and crit only makes her lose 1.

Lex, but it's a small lead and it doesn't matter anyway since Prissy ain't a patch on Lex.

I don't remember Prissy joining in the first chapter, geting an awesome Brave weapon in the second, gaining experience twice as fast as anyone else and having ludicrous durability.

I don't remember Serra having a single advantage on Priscilla other than small leads in HP and availability. I don't remember any FE7 character joining in the first chapter, getting an awesome Brave weapon in the second, gaining experience twice as fast as anyone else and having ludicrous durability.

When going to such specifics, keep it in the same game.

As a healer, stats don't really matter unless there's a massive difference. This is not the case with Serra and Prissy, as their final stats are mostly within 1/2 of each others and that's getting them to 20/20 which is not possible unless you abuse.

In a ranked run, Serra and Priscilla are actually the most likely units to hit 20/20. In my own HHM ranked run, Priscilla was the only one to get there, although it was literally on the final turn against the Fire Dragon. Serra was something like 20/13 because she'd been less-than-average for most of the game.

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Just because we don't voice our opinions on as to why you think Priscilla's the "whore" you claim she is, that doesn't mean we (automatically) agree with them. I mean, if I were to call someone like Ayra or Mareeta a "whore" and give my reasons for thinking they are such, would I be any less wrong?

Sirius, DLV, and I have done that when it came to Sheeda and Sylvia. Crash keeps on claiming that we are wrong.

(Mainly it's because he likes those two <_<)

Edited by Black Veteran Soldier

Sirius, DLV, and I have done that when it came to Sheeda and Sylvia. Crash keeps on claiming that we are wrong.

(Mainly it's because he likes those two <_<)

They were the best examples I could think of while going along his train of thought as to why "X is a whore".

but shouldn't someone like Finn get it instead, being more useful threwout the game and all.

yes i only beat FE4 once, but idk how all the really good people play it

Too bad he doesn't get to have it since Fin and Fury want it too.

That's not a reason why he can't have it, honestly. Besides, Fury's Str sucks. Fin can use it, yes. But Cuan makes pretty good use of it since he isn't doubling naturally and he has great Str.

Anouleth made a good point on combat vs staff utility.

@Soul, after Cuan leaves Fury has every right to use the Hero Lance and she can make more use of it than he can anyway.

but I only play FE4 inefficiently ^_^

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

In a ranked run, Serra and Priscilla are actually the most likely units to hit 20/20. In my own HHM ranked run, Priscilla was the only one to get there, although it was literally on the final turn against the Fire Dragon. Serra was something like 20/13 because she'd been less-than-average for most of the game.

Derp, I was thinking casual-to-maximum levels of efficiency. I don't usually pay attention to ranked, but thanks for informing of this. :3

The difference between you and the others, however, is that many of the other people who prefer Serra recognise that Priscilla as a superior unit objectively, but voice their personal preference as Serra, and there's nothing wrong with that. However, stating that Serra is better than Priscilla, again, objectively, is just wrong.

I find that absolutely disgusting, it sounds like you're saying "They can like her all they want as long as they admit she's worse and that ours is the right choice" bleh...

If you think that Priscilla is as ugly as Dorothy, you have extremely bizarre standards of beauty.

Okay, WHY? Lots of people say stuff like that but nobody justifies it.

Priscilla's looks are easily comparable to Meg's, Dorothy's, and Ardan's? What the heck is this horse manure? I'm gonna go ahead and echo Anouleth and say that if you actually think that Priscilla's looks are easily comparable to Meg's, Dorothy's, and Ardan's, then you have extremely bizarre standards of beauty.

All of the units you listed are combat units. What? Are you suggesting that every single team has no need for a medic? You're pretty much always gonna need a medic or two in FE. This fact is almost pretty constant. Not many units have healing utility, and the only others besides Priscilla and Serra in this game either aren't promoted yet when they join and therefore are not able to do so just yet (Lucius), or join late in the game (Pent, Athos). The only difference is that Priscilla has a movement advantage over any other medic in this game. This allows her to easily perform her duties more easily, and this combined with the fact that she joins early makes her pretty damn useful thoughout. Just about anyone can easily perform as much as someone like Sain and Kent can combat-wise.

I wasn't the one whose idea it was that she was a slut, I was just mentioning that other people said that and that that would be another reason to not like her if it's true.

Okay, I'll admit to Arden and Meg maybe being bad comparisons. Arden's a guy and it's tricky to compare a man and a woman in terms of looks. Meg's obese and Prissy's not, so there's another stumbling point. As for the rest, I direct you to my reply to Anouleth above.

I mentioned combat units because we were talking about "the best mounted units", that phrase includes combat ones and everyone in my list is better at combat than Prissy is at healing. Of course we need a medic, we just don't need fuglybunch taking that role.

[RFOF quote lost due to technical difficulties, the part about Lex's things, will edit in later]

Yes, nobody has those advantages in FE7, I only mentioned them to debunk Black Cat saying that Prissy>Serra is like Lex>Ayra.

Also, could somebody back me up here? I'm practically arguing this side all by myself!

Also, could somebody back me up here? I'm practically arguing this side all by myself!

You're basing your Serra > Prissy argument as such because you find Prissy ugly and can't understand the basic concept of utility over growth rates.

There are several reasons why Priscilla really is better than Serra. You've been told and explained these reasons and simply ignore them. Just because you feel that Serra is better than Priscilla does not make it so. Many players have played the game to death and have concluded that Priscilla is indeed better than Serra. Even so that doesn't mean you should always use Priscilla over Serra when that comes down to personal preference.

@CG: You, sir, needs to understand the difference between subjective viewpoints and objective fact.

For example: Subjectively, Lakche gets both Leg and Knight on any of my FE4 runs. Objectively, is that the most efficient choice? of course not. Celice and Leen/Laylea generally takes priority for those items. Does that stop me from giving both items to Lakche? No. But objectively, is it going to produced the most efficient result? Not at all. Celice can seize faster and Leen/Laylea can make four people move 12 spaces (or 18), which, despite all my personal preferences and biases, I can objectively conclude that it makes them better users of the Leg/Knight combo than one overpowered combat unit moving from 6 move to 9.

I don't know how you can't seem to grasp this simple concept.

I hate to break it to you, but nobody's coming to help you out. And ever stop to think why? If the whole world's saying one thing and just one person is saying the opposite without any real proof, chances are, that one person is wrong. All the facts have been laid down for you to see, and in response, all you do is stick your head in the sand.

Okay!

Uh... attractiveness... is built into the key... accuracies... of skillature! One's belief around the personal flipsides of the point tends to always bring forth results!

Right, so, uh... okay. Okay, I got this.

Every ROM has its quirks, right? And... and so who's not to say that Crash's isn't terminally fucked up? And, well, maybe he just can't see very well. I mean, I vaguely remember him looking a little like a fish in the Picture Thread, I can't imagine he has perfectly binocular vision. So maybe his vision of Priscilla is so bad that ... that she actually induces temporary blindness. Which is a dent in utility. Somewhat.

Also, one must remember that Crash has no perception of reality, so when he says that he loathes Priscilla he really may mean he thinks she's only slightly above-average.

Oh, and Priscilla can't move over mountains. Serra operates everywhere. Crash clearly attempted to move Priscilla over mountains first, and thus figured, if she failed there, she must fail everywhere.

i think i'm doing well

Edited by Furekitty

I find that absolutely disgusting, it sounds like you're saying "They can like her all they want as long as they admit she's worse and that ours is the right choice" bleh...

You're looking at it slightly wrong. It's "They can like her all they want as long as they admit she's worse as a unit."

No one's helping you because everyone knows you're wrong.

You're looking at it slightly wrong. It's "They can like her all they want as long as they admit she's worse as a unit."

That's what I thought it was, just phrased in a "nicer" way. They still have a right to consider their fave a better unit.

I wish we could just all agree that mounts> foot people.

Except that's not always the case. If you ignore everything else I say in this topic, pay attention to that.

That's what I thought it was, just phrased in a "nicer" way. They still have a right to consider their fave a better unit.

Do you think you have the "right" to believe 2 + 2 = 5?

Except that's not always the case. If you ignore everything else I say in this topic, pay attention to that.

One thing you are right on, but I don't think Lancelot was being completely serious anyway.