Nih's Gallery of SPOOKINESS and expired links ♥

Alabaster

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Niharu, why are you becoming so good? It's insane. And awesome. 

Previously I barely looked at your sprites becuase they werent anything special, but now, you're among the topics I check with each update, and among the ones I WANT to see updated.

Can't wait to see you improve more. Keep it up!

Awh you guys.. :) I do agree with luminescent about the cheek but other from that I think she is quite good. :) Gosh those eyes are creepy.

Edited by eCut

Thanks, everyone. XD I must say that if I improved is also thanks to your advices ^o^

I will try to improve even more, tehee XD

Edit:

Now Sansa has shadows on her cheek XD

sansa23.png

Edited by Niharu

I have to say-- you are not terrible at what you do. You have shown much improvement and have some interesting concepts.

As for critique on your latest sprite (the shaman, Sansa, if you will):

-Unless she is wearing a bump it, the top of her head looks like a tumor is growing up there.

-It seems to me like her bangs are at a middle part. If so, her near bangs are like WHOAH VOLUME and her far bangs are like THINNING IS THE FIRST SIGN OF BALDING. Try to find a happy medium? Or make them both the same size, whether you choose the thin or voluptuous.

-What is she thinking about? Her eyes are rolling back into her head to see what is on her mind. Either that or they are looking up at her hair and trying to figure out which of the bangs is bigger and why. Try making her look...down more?

-Her face is at an angle to where her near eye could probably go down a pixel. This will force you to change the head shape as well.

-Does the fur go all the way around her kinda like a fur hood? If not, right now it's like shoulder hair instead of a fur lining.

-Trim is a little jagged. I'm afraid to run my finger across it cause I feel I'd cut myself. Anti-alias a bit more on them.

-4head? No. It's a 3head. She needs a little more...and the hair line needs a bit more shading. Speaking of shading, I'd probably darken the darkest shade of hair she has and lighten the lightest. Just a tad. It'd help with the MY HAIR IS KINDA FLAT look.

Again, you aren't terrible. That sprite is decent. Just needs some polishing. 8]

-Does the fur go all the way around her kinda like a fur hood? If not, right now it's like shoulder hair instead of a fur lining.

That's actually the top of a cape, in such a fashion.

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/pp62/FireToan/AAAAC7eRitcAAAAAAP2eyw.jpg

(It's not the best photo, but I think it gets the idea across.)

Edited by Bryan

Which is exactly what he was addressing. Does it play ring-around-the-rosies or not? From here, it just looks like a pair of puffballs landed on her shoulders and decided to hitch a ride. Personally, I'd use hair for "fur" trimming as opposed to that nasty jagged stuff Geitz totes around. It's much more elegant, and it isn't shaded like pure crap.

• 6 months later...

So... SUP XD *revives topic*

It's been a long time since I updated this topic O_o

Well, I guess I'm "back" with some new mugs! I might have improved a little and also, I'm starting to get the hang of customing... >_<

lady2.png

this is Lady Pixie! She's pretty much my favorite sprite ever, I love her to bits XD (FRECKLES *O*)

Oh, it was for a splice competition on TEB! The set used was: Female FE7 Villager with braids, Anna, Limstella, Farina!

JhdTn.png

DAT BODYBUILDER STEFFY °w°

He has custom hair/jacket (referenced Geese's though XD)

It's not well done, though I like his face lol

Astra helped me fix his forehead/collar ^O^ THANK YOU ASTRY ;_;

EAsOW.png

Aura Wolf's mug! Iike to call him "Mexican Aury" xD

This one has custom hair too! <3

Xa07B.png

A dumb blonde lol...

This is a fullcustom!!!! ^O^

And Astra helped me with this one too... SHADING ISSUESHSLHJDHFJHJLE >_<

MVYZ6.png

This one is one of my least favorites because it's... DERP XD also, body angle is meh. I might have to fix that XD

It's another fullcustom, but I referenced limstella for her clothes!

bfbbO.png

This one was a request! ^w^ got a LOT of help from Astra lol XD

Also, FC! ^w^

Also, it seems I have huge issues with BIG FOREHEADS, LONG NECKS and SHADING. ISN'T IT GREAT??? So much fail for Nih XD

The... hell? Your sprites. They are so clean. Then again, Astra helped so yeah. It's a great improvement. Keep it up~

But yeah, huge foreheads. I have the same problem but less

Shorten them down like a pixel, they should look hokai by then. I think. o3o

you owe us 85 bajillion sprites for the zhack so get on it

Hnnnng

I'll keep procrastinating until I have the strength to do so!!! ;O;

Your customs and your splices look pretty similar, a consistency in style that's pretty impressive. Welcome back

Uh, thanks!

I guess that's because I enjoy editing my splices a little? XD

Edited by Niharu

You're good, but don't copy Astra. You'll copy his bad habits. Every artist has bad habits; I'm not picking on him.

Hnnnnnng But I'm not copying him! I don't even think our sprites are similar in any way HE'S TOO FAR AHEAD I CAN'T EVEN CATCH UP ;_;. He's just helping me a lot, And I think I improved a little thanks to all his tips: he sure is gifted with a lot of patience XD

Also, Honestly, I'd LOVE to have his bad habits. They seem good enough to make his sprites look amazing xD

I'll keep that in mind, and let's see how this goes ^w^

Nih, you're so pro~! <3

I'm so glad you volunteered to help with the Zhack~

Cedaaaar <3

I didn't volunteer...

112adkn.png

Here's a new one!

Shiny :3

Needs a bit of cleaning/fixing, but it's a FC

Edited by Niharu

Her body is kinda tiny. Width wise, I mean.

Yeah she's like 55~ pixels wide, from the shoulders, and that's really tiny. I suggest bringing her shoulders out a bit.

Edited by seph1212

I'm assuming that you're at the limit for colors, so this may require some juggling, but the headband could really use a bit more shading to show lighting, definition, and shape. I mean, I see the murky-ish color around it in places, but it really feels like it could use a lighter shade of blue in the central forehead area to make it seem a bit less flat. If you do spare up colors to get the lighter blue, it could possibly find some use on the clothes at the bottom too, to provide some extra shading detail there.

(Though, after checking, Paint Shop Pro tells me that the image is using 24 colors (counting the background). The grey in the eyes is only used there and could be replaced by the light blue (208, 224, 232) instead to save a color. Same goes for the white on the clothes; it could either go (248, 248, 248) to match the white in the eyes, or the eyes could change to match the clothes. The grey-ish color between the shoulders and sleeves could also be tweaked; make it a bit more bluish and you could probably throw it in the headband too to add the aforementioned lighting/shading.)

Of course, this may be all stuff that you were planning to do as you cleaned it up...

Edited by Lord Glenn

I'm assuming that you're at the limit for colors, so this may require some juggling, but the headband could really use a bit more shading to show lighting, definition, and shape. I mean, I see the murky-ish color around it in places, but it really feels like it could use a lighter shade of blue in the central forehead area to make it seem a bit less flat. If you do spare up colors to get the lighter blue, it could possibly find some use on the clothes at the bottom too, to provide some extra shading detail there.

(Though, after checking, Paint Shop Pro tells me that the image is using 24 colors (counting the background). The grey in the eyes is only used there and could be replaced by the light blue (208, 224, 232) instead to save a color. Same goes for the white on the clothes; it could either go (248, 248, 248) to match the white in the eyes, or the eyes could change to match the clothes. The grey-ish color between the shoulders and sleeves could also be tweaked; make it a bit more bluish and you could probably throw it in the headband too to add the aforementioned lighting/shading.)

Of course, this may be all stuff that you were planning to do as you cleaned it up...

Oh, that's helpful

Actually I wasn't paying attention to the colors because I finished it at lol 5/6 AM and I was like DERP XD

I'll fix those though :3 Thanks!