Seen any good movies?

Flawed Nobody

Me and a friend want to see a movie real badly, we just cant decide.

We WANT to see Sweeny Todd, but our town is too poor and cant afford to show it because they wasted the money on some special Hannah Montana crud.

So! Has anyone seen any good movies as of late? :D

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Wolt: You've seen National Treasure 2? I wanna go see it REALLY bad.

Anyways, I saw Pirates of the Carribean 3 a few weeks ago.

I seen the second National Treasure a few days ago...but I didn't like how he had to explain everything. Seemed like he was dumbing it down or else it would go over everyone's heads.

[quote name='GeekyG' post='192' date='Jan 9 2008, 03:46 AM']I saw Princess Mononoke today. Best movie ever.[/quote]
Hehe, I saw that recently too ^_^ It really was good. There's been loads of movies on TV during the Christmas holidays... seen Pirates of the Caribbean 1, A Series of Unfortunate Events (part of it), Ice Princess, Snow Day, etc.

I'd love to see more Studio Ghible or Johnny Depp movies, anyway.

Ohbaby... Juno kicks ass, Superbad (if you still have it in theatres) also kicks ass... Uh. I am Legend wasn't just a waste of my $5.00... it was also a waste of my time.

I Am Legend seems a bit.. Cliche and over rated for my tastes.

I hated the first National Treasure, Im NOT going to see the second.

DEAR GOD I WANT TO SEE JUNO SO BADLY TOO e_e

Ive seen Princess Mononoke a few times. I even watched the anime Mononoke with the druggy man :D

I don't like Superbad. Its just a bunch of sex jokes thrown into a movie e_e

And I own all the POTC movies only to realize I don't like the trilogy as much as I thought I did.

I saw Ice Princess and thought it was pretty cute ^3^

I watched "I Am Legend" on my sister's request last weekend. I thought the portrayal of the environment was incredibly well done until the movie tried to force what I found an ill fitting story. I also watched the "AIR" movie which was all right but no where near as emotionally gripping as its predecessor game and anime. I also watched "Man in the Iron Mask" last week, I couldn't tell if it was meant to be a joke or not, and "Schindler's List" as I'd not yet seen it. I don't normally watch many movies, these past few weeks have been a rather large exception. However, I do have "Princess Mononoke" available although I've yet to watch it; judging by this discussion I assume I'm safe in assuming it's worth a try?

[quote name='CommanderAmarao' post='1174' date='Jan 10 2008, 07:15 PM'][s]Anything that is both anime and[/s] made by studio Ghibli is the best thing ever. No questions asked.[/quote]

TOOOOTTTOOOORRROOOOO. :D

[quote name='Fore' post='2297' date='Jan 12 2008, 09:46 PM']TOOOOTTTOOOORRROOOOO. :D[/quote]

They killed the DVD version by getting new voice actors and changing the script. Of course, I could always just watch it in Japanese with the subs.

Archived