3-12 Wyern > 3-13 Archer

Junkhead

That Wyvern would have screwed me out of a 4 turn in the draft if I didn't put the Allies on halt. The 3-13 Archer kills the Hawks that would otherwise cross the line. The answer is obvious.

:-_-:

Indeed. The Wyvern gets killed in a second and kills no one.

Edited by SlayerX

3-13 archer is a lot more useful. The wyvern sometimes gets in the way of a faster clear and hes pretty frail and doesnt double. The 3-13 archer on the other hand, can be put to halt and when u need him, he ballistaes the hawks before they can cross the line. In drafts, that can be useful with Meg. As meg needs to take 4 turns to reach Ike and kill him. That is enough time for a hawk to cross the line.

That Wyvern would have screwed me out of a 4 turn in the draft if I didn't put the Allies on halt. The 3-13 Archer kills the Hawks that would otherwise cross the line. The answer is obvious.

Oh please, the Hawk is relatively harmless. It does like 7 Dmg to the stationed Halberdier and only beefs your strategy if you decide to go on the slow and defensive side to complete the chapter.

:-_-:

Indeed. The Wyvern gets killed in a second and kills no one.

What are you talking about? He's one of the most durable NPCs, and deals decent damage. Let's see the 3-13 Archer surviving to enemies and countering back. Oh, wait, he can't.

What are you talking about? He's one of the most durable NPCs, and deals decent damage. Let's see the 3-13 Archer surviving to enemies and countering back. Oh, wait, he can't.

Doesn't he have a crossbow and fight primarily birds?

Seriously? The 3-12 Wyverns only slow you down. As RK said, at least 3-13 Archer-san can take out the Hawks that can otherwise cause you to actually fail the map entirely. And it is not always possible to clear the map before they are able to get there.

Doesn't he have a crossbow and fight primarily birds?

No.

Seriously? The 3-12 Wyverns only slow you down. As RK said, at least 3-13 Archer-san can take out the Hawks that can otherwise cause you to actually fail the map entirely. And it is not always possible to clear the map before they are able to get there.

Hawks aren't threatening. :(:

Bull, the 3-13 archer is amazing in every mode except hard, and even on hard he critkilled a laguz once. The 3-12 wyvern struggles to even hit an enemy (even with weapon triangle advantage Facepalm_emote_gif.gif) before he dies after having not even damaged the enemy, and possibly slowing you down in 3-12.

Yeah, but... :(: I always thought the dragon was better since he goes down to a mosh pit of enemies and can actually survive while hurting them, while the 3-13 Archer is a suicidal maniac. And I kinda mistake them, since there's two, and the other two are Snipers.

I still believe that the 3-13 archer>Any of the wyvern lords in 3-12. Like RFoF and RD said, the 3-13 archer does help out in taking out those damn hawks that can get past your blockades and end your game. I don't remember those wyverns doing jack shit for me in 3-12. All they did for me was fail worse than Edward on a particularly bad playthrough. And it's not like I needed them with Eddie, Nolan, and Volug covering the bottleneck south of my start point.

Edited by darkandroid125

3-13 Archer easily. Theres been playthroughs where hes just dominated everything that came at him and even crit shit from his ballista. 3-12 Wyvern just goes over to a general, hits him, gets swarmed and dies all in one turn.

And I kinda mistake them, since there's two, and the other two are Snipers.

I'm 99% sure the 3-13 Archer IS a Sniper. I mean, I hear about him having crossbows most of the time.

to sum up the usual for me:

3-12: wyverns

1st turn: fly down to attack a general, agreed, they do reasonable damage, if they hit.

2nd turn, they usually survived the counter and enemy phase with a few HP to spare, they try flying towards a healer, but thanks to the square they're on destroying my strategies. in enemy phase they die for not being healed.

3-13: sniper

1st turn: they attack a random cat, nothing good or bad. doesn't do a lot of damage.

turns 2-5: he OHKO's every bird in sight (happened only a few times to me that he missed, resulting in a restart for flying into the green zone.)

turn 6: he suicides on some laguz

seems like a clear winner to me...

(in 3-12, I always put them on avoid now. 3-13 I leave on roam.)

I'm 99% sure the 3-13 Archer IS a Sniper. I mean, I hear about him having crossbows most of the time.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Come on guys, before you try to spit on the 3-13 Archer's good name at least know who he is. Yes, he's a sniper in the upper left Ballistae.

No Crossbow. Otherwise his Dmg against enemies would suck more than it already does at 2-range.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Come on guys, before you try to spit on the 3-13 Archer's good name at least know who he is. Yes, he's a sniper in the upper left Ballistae.

"3-13 Archer's good name". Is that why he is even referred to as Archer, in the first place?

The 3-12 Wyvern disrupt my offensive line of Eddie, Nolan, Aran, and Sothe. I can't move as many spaces cause of them because they usually land on inconvenient spots which would leave Micaiah open to enemy phase. I can't even target them to go somewhere else because my western cliff defense is screwed up and no one pushes down boulders. They're so fucking annoying.

Edited by Knitty