Zombie Apocalypse meets Fire Emblem? (DEMO PATCH 1 IS HERE!)

Cedar

TEB's "Z" Project

So, as you may have figured out from the title, the Emblem Brigade (aka. that site that Cedar won't stop shamelessly promoting) has been working on a forum joke hack, featuring post-apocalyptic Europe, zombies, a ginormous laser-firing budgie, and other such outrageous things you won't ever find in any old sane FE hack out there.

The planning process for this hack actually began a little more than three years ago (way before my time at TEB), but recently, progress (at least hacking-wise) has taken a huge jump for the better. We're up to chapter 4 now and going strong.

We plan for this to be a full-fledged hack with 20+ chapters. It's main objective, as with all the other hacks I've ever worked on, will be for the lulz. So logic, balance, and normal FE mechanics may, can, and probably WILL be thrown out the window for the sake of hilarity. Oh, and the fourth wall will be practically nonexistant.

Don't believe me? Take a look at our SCREENSHOTS:

SeriousBus.pngCopypasta.pngMother.png

4thWall.pngDathcrit.pngBudgielaser.png

Dathscrn.pngBudgie-1.pngloldeathzombie.png

Budgie.pngIram.png8.png

bait.pngLoadingScrn.pngzombiehorde.png

17.pngKoji.pngKojiscreen.png

Thriller.pngNoneshallpass.pngBlackKnightstat.png

Dron.pngOverworldmapthing.png26.png

25.png24.png10.png

12.png18.png14.png

And here are some VIDEOS to boot:

A playable demo can be downloaded here:

Demo Patch 1

As for the TEB team working on this hack (Credits):

Director/Head Writer-

* Dess

Writers/Editors-

* Stefan

* Kiroshima

* Comma

* Shiny

Chief Music Coordinator-

* Soadfa

Chief Hacker-

* Cedar Nyx

More Hackers-

* Camtech076

* VanillaNapkins

* Ezra

Chief Spriter-

* Joerachi

More Spriters-

* Dess (various)

* Cedar Nyx (various)

* CJ9150 (palettes)

* Camtech076 (weapon icons)

Overlord Mapper-

* Aura Wolf

Testers-

* Ephraim

* CJ9150

* Pretty much anyone on the hacking/spriting/writing team

Moral Support and Characters-

PhoenixTears, Ephraim, Koji, FEDE, Denning, Dath, Lumi, Zack Fair, Soadfa, Swordsalmon, Dominomage, Testonor, Sothe Sage, Freeshooter, Kazan Curry, Shiny, Cedar, CJ9150, Aura Wolf, Camtech076, Comma, Stefan, VanillaNapkins, Ezra, Kiroshima, Dess

If I'm missing anyone from this list, let me know. XD

More Credits-

* Bwdyeti- 'Trooper' animation

* The Emblem Brigade, you guys are absolutely awesome

As you can probably tell, I'm really excited about this hack. It's the reason I took up eventing/FE modding in the first place, and as head eventer of this project, I'm gonna do my best in helping to bring all of TEB's lulzful ideas to life.

Edited by Cedar

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoah...Such a positive response already? Sweeeeet.

FYI: I love the berserkasus =)

I do too!! It's one of the highlights of this hack that I can't wait to get to. XD

I mean, who wouldn't want a MANRY pegasus-riding beserker unit on their team? EPIC.

Please tell me the Rabbit of Caerbannog will feature in this!

I dunno. Ask Dessy. But that would be awesome.

And yes, other Monty Python references will be made. Guaranteed.

ah this looks more awesome then i expected

Yay. ^_^

Amazing, but Jeff needs to be more Jive-Gangsta and more worthless. ;)

He's your character, right?

You could send Dessy a sample script/monologue/line of what you'd like him to say, and we could edit the text up a bit.

And yeah, he's pretty worthless... Just wait till you play the demo. XD

Thanks for putting the work into this hack everyone :)

Your welcome~

Let the lulz ensue.

It indeed shall.

Oohhhhh my gosh. This looks amazing. Good luck, Cedar, and your fellow Brigadiers. I can't wait to play the demo. :)

The demo should be released pretty soon. We're just waiting on some mugs to be tweaked up...

Everything else is pretty much set to go. XD

ya know, I really should be working on that chapter 4, shouldn't I...

Chapter 5 would be preferred. Chapter 4 (at least the beta/demo version of it) is complete. Thanks for the thought though!

That black knight mug is so awesome.

I know right? Dess is a GENIUS. XD

If you were to ask any of the staff, they'd say that this has been a great project so far.

Seconded. I mean, Dessy's script...Oh goodness. I died of lulz when I first read it. Even now, reading through it, I can't help but chuckle.

Granted, I do have an odd sense of humor, but the script really is ridiculously unique...or should I say, uniquely ridiculous?

Either way, it was an absolute pleasure to event this win~~ I had lots of fun working with it. XD

He's your character, right?

You could send Dessy a sample script/monologue/line of what you'd like him to say, and we could edit the text up a bit.

And yeah, he's pretty worthless... Just wait till you play the demo. XD

Yeah, Jeff's mine. I'll see about writing a little line for him and sending it in.

I'll be dissapointed if he's even able to attack. Jeff has to be the most worthless thing alive. XD

I'll be dissapointed if he's even able to attack. Jeff has to be the most worthless thing alive. XD

Eh...Well I suppose we could change his class to generic villager...

That would make him more worthless.

Played it and just escaped from the Tunnel. It seems like a really good hack and no character seems to truly outshine another. Hell, I even have a use for Sacrificial Lamb/Flashlight man as the Tent carrier in the chapter ahead.

Only one death so far, which was at the beginning of the tunnel. Killed three zombies, the Haxxor ones came out and killed me without having a chance to run. Cheap move, but I do love it in this hack.

Also...

"Lovely day outside, isn't it?"

i love this hack XD. its the best demo i've played.

also seeing all the other people carring the tent was funny, i was shocked that Cedar was allowed to carry it.

on a side note, so far i feel like this hack has "Perfect" Diffculty, nothing thats far too easy(MK404) Requires abusing save stats(Gheb) or praying to the RNG gods you have enough stats to go at the pace the game makers want you to(Dream of Five) please keep this up

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

praying to the RNG gods you have enough stats to go at the pace the game makers want you to(Dream of Five) please keep this up

For the record, if you need to pray to the RNG gods to go at that pace, you're going too fast.

For the record, Trent turtled through chapter 5 and he was fine. You don't /need/ to speedrun.

Ontopic

I gotta play this~~~

Speaking of which, need to make that cav.

Edited by Luminescent Kitty