Zombie Apocalypse meets Fire Emblem? (DEMO PATCH 1 IS HERE!)

Cedar

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Three months later...

No patch, but THIS HACK IS NOT DEAD!

As of today, we're finishing up chapter 14 and touching up what we have for FEE3.

And here are some screenshots to prove it!

Chapt 11:

emoComma.pngHendrich.png

runaway.png

Chapt 12:

Blair.pngRescue.png

prisonerOfWar.pngAlive.png

Chapt 13:

Yeeeeeeah.pngstuff.png

greenfog.pngsoadfa.png

Chapt 14:

seas.pngrappers.png

rapperbaddies.pngbeat.png

boats.pngayo.png

Also, our team is as productive as ever:

BSrN.png

I mean, look at that PRODUCTIVITY!

Thanks, Cam, for taking this screenshot of the Zhack Skype chat at its finest. :3

Rappers should be named after RL rap stars. :P:

I'm not sure how hard this will make me rage, but I'm pretty sure I'll be laughing all the way!

Breaking the fourth wall is our specialty. ^_^

And apparently, trolling is as well. So you can expect a little rage, but it will mostly be of the lulzy variety.

Oh man I should totally fix up that hair sometimes.

Can't wait to play the hack! And shit, it's almost screentime for my other char

I should remake her sprite after FEE3 so all n incarnations of Camilla can have a different sprite :p

I just finished playing the last patch that was released. Before I start, let me tell you that I have never played any hack and enjoyed it past the second chapter, aside from DotF. That being said, this hack is pretty awesome. The mapping is sup-par in quality but it has great chapter flow. (For example, the very first map is unnecessarily humongous but serves its purpose.) The dialogue is pretty funny, some of it is a little forced, and I think I counted 4 small text skips. There was also a mispelled word, which I think wasn't part of the character's slang.

Otherwise, it was all fun as hell. I busted up laughing in chapter 4 when I get to the top left village with Budgie, get 1 gold, and he's like "......... Restart. Now." I think that was a hella trolly funny touch. That whole map is tilespam tilespam tilespam though, I tyhink one of the mappers around here oughta help you spruce it up a bit.

Anyway, I'm really dying for the next part, even if I have to replay from the start. I'd rate it a 7/10 easily, real solid work, just needs some light touching up on aesthetics. And the "Zombie survival tips" always make me lol.

I just finished playing the last patch that was released. Before I start, let me tell you that I have never played any hack and enjoyed it past the second chapter, aside from DotF. That being said, this hack is pretty awesome. The mapping is sup-par in quality but it has great chapter flow. (For example, the very first map is unnecessarily humongous but serves its purpose.) The dialogue is pretty funny, some of it is a little forced, and I think I counted 4 small text skips. There was also a mispelled word, which I think wasn't part of the character's slang.

Otherwise, it was all fun as hell. I busted up laughing in chapter 4 when I get to the top left village with Budgie, get 1 gold, and he's like "......... Restart. Now." I think that was a hella trolly funny touch. That whole map is tilespam tilespam tilespam though, I tyhink one of the mappers around here oughta help you spruce it up a bit.

Anyway, I'm really dying for the next part, even if I have to replay from the start. I'd rate it a 7/10 easily, real solid work, just needs some light touching up on aesthetics. And the "Zombie survival tips" always make me lol.

I actually think that Aura's work is really good. Some of the map requests that we have are somewhat open-ended, and so they areto have some space. In some cases, like Chapter 2, removing that space would disrupt the flow of the map a bit.

I think this is based on WW2 (vaguely kinda sorta), and to my knowledge Germany annexed Austria in like the mid 1930s.

I could be completely wrong about that.

Just checked the starting post... I'm missing Austria on the world map.

Also note that Britain is now attached to France, and Russia has pretty much swallowed most of Eastern Europe. :3

Yeah, the map wasn't really meant to mirror current times. It's super simplified for hacking purposes lulz, as befitting of a joke hack~

I think this is based on WW2 (vaguely kinda sorta), and to my knowledge Germany annexed Austria in like the mid 1930s.

I could be completely wrong about that.

Nope, you're right about that. Just said I'm missing it Q.Q

• 2 weeks later...

Fire Emblem + Zombies? What the flying fuch? ;)

I'm rather impressed you managed to turn the main character into a freaking bird, and some of the dialogue had me in stitches. My only real complaint is the lack of difficulty, and some monotony from facing the same enemy type over and over.

P.S. Of course I had to TAS this :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiHT1hHDyIw

Prologue

Yes, that is, in fact, a bird shooting lasers from its mouth :)

Chapter 1

Turn 1: Budgie moves towards some upcoming reinforcements.

Chapter 2

Turn 6: Pile up all my units onto one square for the lulz.

Overall notes: It's not possible to create a chokepoint to clog up the enemies because of the constant stream of overpowered reinforcements virtually every turn.

Chapter 3

Turn 1: I have Kiro rescue the tent, which allows me to move the tent 3 spaces on subsequent turns. By keeping the tent alive, I get a (crappy) award of 3 items at the end. In retrospect I should've just let the tent bite the dust :/

Turn 3: The set-up should be obvious- An unarmed Budgie and Dath act as avoid tanks while the remaining units are safely tucked away in a corner.

Turns 4-11: Utterly boring, feel free to skip.

Overall notes: I'm kind of wondering if it would've been faster to take an aggressive approach to this chapter. For some reason the enemy phases take forever despite at most 3 enemies attacking per turn.

Chapter 4

Just a shopping chapter, no reason to buy anything since it's the end of the path :O

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Since everyone else was too lazy to make a patch, here's a patch of what we had a month ago lol:

http://www.mediafire...b9qkld1ndhpbii8

(I think it's up to chapter 14(?), either chapter 14 or 15 is half-finished so please don't play it)

Please note that several mugs lack blinking/speaking frames and there are several placeholder mugs in this as well that are going to be replaced when people are less busy.

Let us know when you find any bugs (there are bound to be some ^_^). And if anyone could post this patch on the other FE forums, that would be appreciated.

So there you have it. We at TEB have procrastinated a lot for the 2nd patch, and we apologize about that. I personally apologize for not contributing as much as I should have in comparison to the other staff members. Hopefully next time we will be able to plan ahead to get the patch to you guys faster.

Special thanks to Cedar for not being lazy on releasing the patch, as shown above, despite being extremely busy. Have fun with the patch.

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet