Mechanics that you want

Galenforcer

Didnt feel like going through 127 pages so some of this will be repeat of course, but i want longer story in general. more gaiden chapters, not just dlc either, support being more relevent to characters growth (story wise). walkable map makes me beg no tower of valni clone. Thats all for now.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just thought about this but I would really hate if the game used fe 11 and 12s avoid formula . I hated that mages were truly squishy in those games no avoid durability. it made caeda crappier then she should have been . Even when avoid wasn't reliable like in fe5 it was still nice .

I actually like the original avoid calculation. All those next to zero hit rates in the GBA games really bugged me and the true RNG didn't help matters. Enemies should at least have a decent chance to hit their target.

I actually like the original avoid calculation. All those next to zero hit rates in the GBA games really bugged me and the true RNG didn't help matters. Enemies should at least have a decent chance to hit their target.

Yeah, I like defense actually mattering as a stat.

I want a healing Pegasi character

that would be awsome.and not that unlikely..... problem is pegasus knights are already low on defence to to make it a healer would kind make it vulnerable.i guess they could make a mounted sage. that would even it up a bit.

that would be awsome.and not that unlikely..... problem is pegasus knights are already low on defence to to make it a healer would kind make it vulnerable.i guess they could make a mounted sage. that would even it up a bit.

It would be just as vulnerable as a normal sister unit :huh: Well, excepting an increased susceptibility to arrows/wind magic.

A flying healer would be the ultimate utility unit, though. Especially if we could put skills like charisma on it.

This would be way too much for one character. Mounted healers are usually very good as is, being able to ferry over terrain and provide Charisma is just over the top.

To be honest, we really need LESS mounted healer (since they're a threat to game balance and stuff)

No we don't, and no they aren't. There are plenty of mounted staff users who are perfectly balanced, and at times worse than non-mounted staff users, when given the right drawbacks.

No we don't, and no they aren't. There are plenty of mounted staff users who are perfectly balanced, and at times worse than non-mounted staff users, when given the right drawbacks.

I can't really think of many mounted staff users who are worse than their unmounted peers, given similar availability. Or any, in fact.

3. A little realism with this one: Canto-ing after battles only works if you hit once and aren't hit back.

When I read this, I started to think it'd be neat if:

1] They want to strike (Maybe only once or lowered power / accuracy?) and "Canto" away.

2] Attack regularly and stay there.

I don't know if they should have to be able to double or be a certain amount of speed above the enemy in order to Canto or something else.

Something to provide an incentive to adopt a more hit and run tactic, which might be helpful in the early game and hopefully the late game, if the difficulty scales well and the option doesn't become obsolete. Plus, a single hit and run just seems... right.

Further notes:

1] Maybe the unit could attack once without being counter-attacked and run? (Like a guaranteed cancel? Not on bosses though.)

2] Hell, if there's a problem if this were a universal mounted perk, it could be relegated to a skill (but not necessarily locked to mounted units? Y/N?).

It's just conflicting for me because, while this should tone down mounted units, I can't help be feel it might be too much?

Since, in my suggestion, Canto is limited to one hit lowered power, etc. they wouldn't be effective against bosses and high defense, solitary units. They might miss or dink them and would have to stay in the same position.

Then again, the situation all depends on how much the stats would be lowered or if they were limited to single strikes.

That and I'm thinking of FE 9/10 where mounted units were able to both Attack and Canto instead of doing a "lesser" action like Item or Talk then Canto, which I thought gave them more flexibility. (The Attack and Canto option for mounted units is gone in the more recent FE's, right?)

Oh, and I'm thinking mainly about horses. Not sure on fliers.

Just throwing it out there. (It's a little messy or confusing to follow. I just kinda added things as I thought them through.)

With split promotion paths, I wonder if they'll do the personal growths + class growths thing again, it'd be interesting to see growths change on promotion.

Take Liz for example. Since we know that she can promote to Battle Cleric, which means physical weapons. I don't particularly want to see her at 7 str forever, so I thought it would be nice if they did growth rates like in FE11/12, where say that Liz has her personal set of growth rates. She may have some str growths of her own, but perhaps like in 11/12 that's canceled out by a class negative. As a Battle Cleric, however, the class may have a small (or large, who knows) positive str growth increase to fit that she's now using axes and will be needing str while sacrificing bits of another stat such as mag or res.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

With split promotion paths, I wonder if they'll do the personal growths + class growths thing again, it'd be interesting to see growths change on promotion.

Take Liz for example. Since we know that she can promote to Battle Cleric, which means physical weapons. I don't particularly want to see her at 7 str forever, so I thought it would be nice if they did growth rates like in FE11/12, where say that Liz has her personal set of growth rates. She may have some str growths of her own, but perhaps like in 11/12 that's canceled out by a class negative. As a Battle Cleric, however, the class may have a small (or large, who knows) positive str growth increase to fit that she's now using axes and will be needing str while sacrificing bits of another stat such as mag or res.

This is what I'm hoping for, and with the same concern. Her growth before promotion has to be pitiful, but I don't think they'd want to leave her Str like that afterward.

If Liz wants to be a viable axe user, she needs like a 75% STR growth at least. I mean, that would only give her 21 STR at max level, which is not too great compared to most FE games, especially when it would be a pain to get her there.

Just the fact she has a +5 promotion bonus to strength (which seems like no big deal compared to some other promo bonuses in this game, looking at those screens) and axes means she can, what, try her hand at attacking some of the enemy magicians targeting the worse of their stats? I guess that's worth something. I'd go Bishop myself though, for higher damage against the majority of the game's enemies, unless magical axes are readily available without having to give her tons of Arms Scrolls.

Edited by Espinosa

I personally think she should have something like a 15-20% STR growth before promotion myself.

In the screenshot, she has 2 Str before promotion, so depending on her level at the time, it may not be likely for that to be the case.

Edited by Othin