Fire Emblem: Fellowship of Demons

Ryrumeli

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Rey: Lol, you're one to know just for how long I have been hiding this. XD Once again, Rey, I would be truly honored if you could contribute in any way. :)

And it's about damn time... Geez... Seeing all your shennaniganry when sneaking me a peek and then... what... months before you show it anyone else? XD

It's pretty hard keeping my mouth shut about your achievements. XD

I guess I'll contribute my voice Considering how everything else on my mind is either college related, Sakura related, or Ninian related, I don't think my character contribution would be very good... I mean I HAVE gotten better with just plain speaking while knowing other people will hear my voice since I started the Vesperia PS3 LP, but I still don't think it's anywhere near Arch's or Trent's level.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I can voice act, and I've got the proper equipment to do recordings, too. I can do young male voices (can't do gruff, sorry) and female voices, and I'm not restricted to American accents, and I can sing, to boot (tenor/countertenor). PM me for vocal samples and stuff. I'd also say something like "I can hack" but I'm guessing you don't need any help with that.

Dug up a recording I did a while ago for the Voice Thread. You might recognize it as Elincia addressing her troops in the endgame of Path of Radiance.

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vtUaA57Hc2KmlTJtT

I'll dig up more later.

Link is broken?

Edited by Agromono

Don't really have a mic to supply my voice, and haven't really stepped into spriting mugs, or half bodies like your requesting (mostly spent my time on a custom animation that I'm pretty much putting the finishing touches on). I'll look forward to playing it when it's released, though.

Herp. Well, I have a sprite in the works, but I ended up spending the latter half of yesterday goofing off with it rather than actually making what I was intending to make. XD

I don't like my voice a whole lot, but I could try lending my voice if you're short on female voices. I'm generally within the mid-range, though I can also go a bit higher. Q n Q Lumi, I want your low voice.

@Kitty in Time: Just give me time, for this week I am still snowed under stuff. In college I am the guy that helps my friend's work, which means twice the work on my end. XD

@Trent: As soon as auditions start you will be one of the first contacted, believe in me on that. I say this without any hint of formality, thanks a bunch, yo. :)

@Elinicia: Oh Anna will be among the ones to be voiced, believe me. :) Thanks a lot for being this interested in helping, by all means I feel honored for that. :)

@Amelia: To be really honest there is a NPC character which could in fact use a engrish female voice...but I digress. :) Regardless, thanks a lot for the excitement and will to help! :)

@Lumi: The description of your voice actually strikes me as the same as my GF, and I really love her voice. And thanks a lot for the summoning spell. XD

@Sakukitty: Thanks for coming, and don't worry there will be more than enough time, don't worry about making time too much, for the last thing I would want is to push. :) Also appreciate your interest in my humble project. ^_^

@L95: Thanks a lot for that. ;)

@Bwdyeti: That was rather fast. :o Nice sprite, the style strikes me as Vamp's, but hard to tell for sure since I never saw you spriting mugs, so. XD And there will be space for a concept like yours(Which I rather like), when I do release the character sheet there will be fields to define which will be your main attributes. And as for mage class you can pick any class of promoted mage in FE8, which does give a few classes to pick from. :)

Also, your half body has exactly 16 colors, and is FE7-colored. Wouldn't you be interested in considering the use of the new systems Variable Height and Double Palette? The 4th chapter of my initial post discusses those(In a hopefully not boring way as well. ^_^)

Oh, and since you were the first one to post a half body and so fast, if you have minimug and talking/blinking frames ready, I could post a quick video of your mug in the game. ^_^ I will be doing that in the future to every one character that gets accepted, but in your case I will do an special one in thanks for your speed and pro-activity. :)

@Rey: I can imagine, thanks a lot for being such a thrust-worthy friend. ^_^ And believe me, if my current plan works out, there soon might be another breaktrough for this hack that you may get a peek at if you want, and that will be secret to the world until it is rendered glitch-free. XD

@Agromono: The main issue I have in this hack now is getting enough characters to form a sizeable party. You can imagine, since again half bodies take more than twice the work of a normal mug, and there isn't something like splicing to resort to speed things up with the lower half of it. Also to get voices for all of those characters and all of the NPCs that might appear in the hack will be also challenging, so I focus on those first.

But later I would be interested in hiring helpers for hacking, so some tasks would be lessened for me. Since I will have to insert every single sound clip and work as a director to those, and also will need to work on some extra ASMs I have in mind for this, and text and numbers, I could indeed use any form of help, specially gracious offers from cool people, in fields like music and hacking. :)

@Clipsey Kitty: So many kitties. XD If you can support us by letting people you know know about the project, I will already be more than grateful for that. Just your support in posting here alone already helped more than you think, so far it has been more of a pleasure than anything near a hindrance, and thanks a lot for your interest in this already. :)

@Shaldow Stalker X: That reminds me I will need a battle sprite animation soon enough too, fudge. XD

Errr, I mean, if you really don't have the time, than thanks a lot for finding some time just to post here to show interest in this project, I feel grateful for that already. Really hope this project can live up to your expectations. ^_^

@Jealousy: Don't worry about speed, as I said character entrances aren't even happening yet, so you will have more than enough time. ^_^ Plus I do that whenever I sprite, so I can relate. XD Also, while you are working on your half body, have you considered using the 2 new systems, Variable Height and Dual Palette? More info on them on the 4th chapter of my post, think specially the latter can be useful for your spriting. And the 4.2 section in special might help if you have any style doubts. I understand it is a lot of text there, but better to sin for excess of text than for lack of clarity, so. XD

I have a character concept drawn and Lumi wants to sprite it. 8D Wheee~ [/Quote]

More than perfect. ^_^ Thanks you two for the interest, honestly, looking forward to see the concept you two are working in! :) Also, the same I said to Jealousy I also recommend to you guys, about reading the 4th chapter as much as possible, specially since I feel the Dual Palette system will be helpful for the work ahead of you.(Plus it is the part that took the most effort to create programming-wise, almost the same than the whole rest of the half body system, so if I didn't honestly believe it was going to be useful I wouldn't have bothered with it. XD

As you guys can see I am not one to be lazy about replies, so ask anything. And I also don't plan on being lazy for the hack either. :) Thanks a lot to all posters above, and all the ones yet to come as well. ^_^

I see I got another mug under my belt. XD (Unless Dan or Amely or Trent wanna do this one. o3o)

Anyway, WIP of my mug~ some cred goes to Vamp, since he's the one who pimped up my original personal mug before my very recent redesign, and I kept most parts of the head (because like hell will I ever be able to do a better job) with only minor edits. The body's all mine, though.

http://gyazo.com/2ccfa8ec04c5e991d286145f5fddd113

I'm thinking a relatively high-con female Hero. Dem biceps

Edited by Luminescent Kitty

@Rey: ...another breakthrough for this hack that you may get a peek at if you want, and that will be secret to the world until it is rendered glitch-free. XD

*Tomokazu Sugita style voice*

ๅƒ•ใฏใŠๅ‰ใฎ็ง˜ๅฏ†ใฎใƒใ‚ซใ‹ใ€‚ๅ†—่ซ‡ใ˜ใ‚ƒใญใˆใ‚ˆใ€‚

*Inferno Divider*

Ha ha, but in all seriousness, if you need a guinea pig for all your experiments, feel free to hit me up.

@Bwdyeti: That was rather fast. :o Nice sprite, the style strikes me as Vamp's, but hard to tell for sure since I never saw you spriting mugs, so. XD And there will be space for a concept like yours(Which I rather like), when I do release the character sheet there will be fields to define which will be your main attributes. And as for mage class you can pick any class of promoted mage in FE8, which does give a few classes to pick from. :)

Also, your half body has exactly 16 colors, and is FE7-colored. Wouldn't you be interested in considering the use of the new systems Variable Height and Double Palette? The 4th chapter of my initial post discusses those(In a hopefully not boring way as well. ^_^)

Oh, and since you were the first one to post a half body and so fast, if you have minimug and talking/blinking frames ready, I could post a quick video of your mug in the game. ^_^ I will be doing that in the future to every one character that gets accepted, but in your case I will do an special one in thanks for your speed and pro-activity. :)

Just extended the personal face sprite I already had, took a few hours but the topic has been up for days so

Didn't vary the height because 's supposed to be tall, and only used 16 colors because I kind of like the restrictions

I think I have fully closed eyes frames, but not inbetween or any mouths, and definitely not a miniface. I'll try and work on those tomorrow I guess

@Agromono: The main issue I have in this hack now is getting enough characters to form a sizeable party. You can imagine, since again half bodies take more than twice the work of a normal mug, and there isn't something like splicing to resort to speed things up with the lower half of it. Also to get voices for all of those characters and all of the NPCs that might appear in the hack will be also challenging, so I focus on those first.

I would also be absolutely delighted to help out with music. There's a link in my signature to a really rushed MIDI that I made, but I guess if you wanted some stuff transcribed I would be more than happy to do so (I may have also found a way past the 8-track crap too).

Also, Ryrumeli, I'm really confused as to what kind of hack this is. Is this like, an FE7 hack, or have you developed something entirely different? It looks as though the game is running well beyond the standard 240x160 resolution: is this just hardcore hacking?

@Anti-Social Kitty: That would be awesome. ^_^ If you can provide both a character and a voice, voicing your own character is actually a very sweet thing to do. I know I recommend everyone to consider that. :)

@Cam: That is very interesting, that could be useful indeed. :) Did you take part already in a project that involves the voice like a LP or a Stream? Because I *think* I might have heard your voice already.

@Jealousy: Thanks a lot for reading it all, it means you rock, since I can't blame anyone for not doing it. XD As for the style, if you have any suggestions please by all means share, criticism is always appreciated. :)

@Rey: You speak like you weren't one of the top names in my list to begin with. ;)

@BWD: Yes, I understand, I tend to like restrictions as well, helps you to overcome limits when you work with restrictions. ^_^ And to be honest I did think it was originally meant for FEXP and then extended, with the markings in the clothing being more common in a height that matches the format of portraits used in it. Oh, and thanks a lot for being this efficient. ^_^

@Agromono: That would be very interesting, someone with your talents could easily be useful. ^_^ And yep, the hardware imposes so many limits on us that it is nice to find our way past a few at least. X_X

And yep, as Astra eloquently put it, this will be an FE8 hack with some twists. Hoping this hack can work as a landmark, specially since after I am done with it the system I use for Halfbodies and voice acting will be released for the public. So anyone can try to overcome what I did. ^_^

@Lumi&BWD:

There we go, as I promised the first two bodies inserted, so you can see how they behave in-game. ^_^ Hope it is exciting to watch that. :) (And can you blame him for not knowing? XD)

@Astra: Nice, what a great design choice, dude. ^_^ I will be honest, I was thinking you were going to join with a paladin or the like. XD Nevertheless, thanks a lot for the interest. :) I need to create the character insertion sheet soon, the artists are more talented than I hoped they were. ^_^

EDIT: Oh, announcement. Here is proof half bodies aren't the only ASM here:

(Youtube)/watch?v=Ovhx6HDmM5Y

Edited by Ryrumeli