Fire Emblem: Fellowship of Demons

Ryrumeli

I would submit a character, but I can't sprite to save my life and I'm not sure if you would want me as a voice actor.

Anyway, it's still looking really good. I'm a bit curious how you are getting the game to use larger portraits, but I suppose I will just have to wait and be amazed.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Lumi: That is another great work, congrats. :) Since you're now officially the second spriter that used my system the most(before only myself. Obviously. XD), how is it like to sprite in it? The two systems, for extra colors and for different heights, are they hard to use? Are they helpful? Feedback for me is important, always. :)

BTW, regarding your samples, I rather like them. Remind me of the voice for my own GF, so even out of the fear of sounding biased due to that your voice is interesting, honestly. :) Also, nice pick for text. ^_^

I like it. The extra colors really did help, since the gloves and the clothes would otherwise the same colour with the regular 16 color system, and I like how it was able to let me differentiate pieces of clothing. I find it pretty easy to you. I guess it does partially depend on character design, but it was good for Furet's design.

Yay~

I have a couple of different pieces lined up to sort of try and show a couple different aspects(though I've been told dramatic and insane are the notable ones, so those are showcased. Just let me know if you want to hear something specific.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Untitled%203.wma

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Untitled%204.wma

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Untitled%205.wma

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Untitled%206.wma

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Untitled%207.wma

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Untitled%20%282%29.wma

EDIT: Oh right, there is also this thing. Not the purpose it was originally meant for, but it'll do the job.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43343616/Speech.wma

EDIT EDIT: Name is hanged back to Ether from TourGuide. This is the usual name.

Edited by Ether

@Grip: There isn't much secret, the theory has been around for a while, I was just the first(And only to date, as far as I know) to implement it. It basically affects how mugs are loaded and deleted, it is basically that. Adding the second palette was a bit harder, but it was more of a group of small good ideas together than a full revamp. I am just proud on how professional it looks in the end, to be honest. It took work, but it could be easily the first hack I have ever done which I am actually happy with. Hence why I want the tech demo to be done with, so I can release the patch with half bodies/VAs for FE8, along with one of the technologies which I will be developing for the hack(Picked in a poll after I am done). Which means this is a hack that is going to be released, in hopes it gets surpassed in the future. :)

After done with that I might go back to being a puny and simple hacking consultant, unless of course the demand for a continuation is good enough. But only time will tell. :)

@Lumi: Thanks a lot for the fine feedback, honestly, I study business management in school so I am honestly addicted to it. XD Feedbacks of any kind are welcome here and in any of the sister topics. :)

@Ether: Will do, and sorry I didn't know your usual username, but Serene's was never my first lurking place of choice, so sorry. ^_^'

And regarding your voice, it has a "je ne sais quoi", as you put it it does match a more villanic, or at least "gray" profile of character. In a funny coincidence, IMHO the last of those clips, the speech as you put it, was one of the best sources of data for your voice. It is pretty clear and manages to have a singular weight, I know I will seem repetitive by saying this but it sounds "gray".

Please make reference of that when you fill in the form for voice actor inscription, ok? :) One of the wittiest uses for my forms came in the form of a certain person in my list writing her whole profile as a VA, and then in the field "Samples" just writing "Available in the post". That is totally valid, in case you don't feel like reposting those links, and actually a witty way to do it. The forms are to keep all data through-out all 4 forums organized, but in no way it is meant to demand more work from you guys, hope it is understandable. ^_^

@SFC: Please do, I just hope it can be as fun for you to work on as it was for me to idealize and manage this. Your interest is what keeps this going. :)

Edited by Ryrumeli

@Camtech: Thanks a lot, Cam, and not to sound unfair or biased, but... Let's just say I like your voice, so you might be hearing from me when it is time. ^_^

@Ether: Thanks a lot for the understanding, and the kindness of writing for me. Really appreciate it. ^_^

Also here is the list of classes that are already picked, and thus can't be picked again. All of the forms that sent thus far for characters have been approved, thanks a lot. ^_^

Hero

Mercenary

Sniper

All the other classes available in the game "Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones" are still available though:

Assassin

Berserker

Bishop

Druid

Falcoknight

General

Great Knight

Hero

Mage Knight

Paladin

Ranger

Rogue

Sage

Sniper

Summoner

Swordmaster

Valkyrie

Warrior

Wyvern Knight

Wyvern Lord

Also once again, unpromoted classes are possible, just not recommended. ^_^

:3

Ryru, you should put them into OP~

Thanks Lumi. :) I missed them. I really should have used the search feature...

My other question is whether we have to submit half bodies now, or later.

Edited by Bryan

@DualSIlverGunner: Well, there is no need for one to be the spriter of his own half body, so there is no need to prove one's skill. The form is only for finished works I am afraid. :( You could send it at most a unfinished prototype of the half body and stuff, but I can't work on guarantees of skill, I need to work based on finished works. Hope you understand. :(

Plus you wouldn't need to prove your skill, I honestly think you could pull it out, so. :)

If it helps, once again I will be saying this, if the search is high enough I might be allowing a second character of a class when I am done. And while I don't support this officially, you guys could organize with eachother and "claim" spots(Say I want to for example make a druid, and ask no one else to make one.) This way there is no way the class you want will be taken before you take it, so I think this is the best way you have to assure that no one will take the class you wanted to. Sorry I can't be of more help here.

@Clipsey Kitty: Please do, I will be in need of many voices for little-talking characters. ^_^ Thanks a lot for considering it already. :)

@Lumi: Thanks a lot Lumi, I did forget to update the first post. :) *Goes to do so in all 4 topics*

@Bryan: No you didn't, it was my fault for not making it clearer. The first post will be updated with those links. Hope my mistake didn't make it hard on many more people.

And the sooner the better, that is the key here, to claim the spot. But no deadlines have been set on this yet because I am still developing some of the technologies on it, so it could take a bit of time until it is moving faster than it is now. I have some other ASMs I need to finish before making the more "usual" stuff, and to test my older hacks(And check for conflicts with the newer ones and all that jazz, you know the drill) But as much as possible I will try to make sure there will be slots for characters available, the more people in this project the better. ^_^

So I just finished. Submitted for bishop. Maybe I can try to work on a half body now...

Also, I'll submit my voice later, although it sucks...

I would have tried to be a sage, but after reading my bio after I wrote it, I realized I fit a bishop.

Edited by Bryan

I would like to reserve Mage Knight then, since we already have Yeti the Sage.

'Wizard (read: Druid) is what I thought of making the design, but Sage or Necro match the sprite better? Either way terrible Staff rank'

I am still undecided really

And based on the art he did I assume Myke is doing Rogue, after he gets to spriting it

Let me try and reserve either a Berserker or a Bard, whichever is left. I may try and get someone to help sprite them for me. :<

Could I have bard, perhaps? I just realised it might be fitting if the bard sang...