Video game music

Reider

I'm sure those of you that play games have those songs you'll hear that you absolute adore for some reason or other.

The purpose for this thread is for you to share these musical masterpieces with the rest of us.

To start off, I'll post one of my favorites:

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are too many good tracks I've heard to choose. Notably, there's some that never stop playing through my mind.

Mother 3 has a lot of good music. Even some of the simple ones catch my interest. This one plays through my mind all the time.

I have a lot so I’ll just post these for now, I also enjoy the total war series musics I’ll post those later too.

[spoiler=Long List]

Edited by Generic Operator

I recently downloaded this game's OST to my iPod, it was a game I played to death when I was a kid, and I loved it, and this song grew on me steadily throughout the week.

*snip*

Funnily enough I was just listening to another track from that game(and even the same uploader!). One of my favorite games too

http://www.youtube.c.../?v=6pkwifWOZ3s

Kinda wish this song was longer but oh well.

Funnily enough I was just listening to another track from that game(and even the same uploader!). One of my favorite games too

http://www.youtube.c.../?v=6pkwifWOZ3s

Kinda wish this song was longer but oh well.

I love the raft scene! In fact, I remember as a kid when I had interest in that sort of stuff, I wrote the melody on composing paper for flute; I have it somewhere around in my room...

Although I've beaten the game more than a dozen times, in both SNES and SFC versions, I still love to play that game.

If only if I can actually beat the Soul Arm the right way instead of mass sliding into him and chugging herbs.

And to save double posting for another song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_1iBOUiP8I

Though I personally enjoyed IoG more, I loved the simple, but effective music of Soul Blazer.

Illusion of Gaia is one of those games that aged really well. Hasn't lost the fun factor it had back when it was new at all. I always loved how they managed to keep it fairly balanced throughout the entire game.

Soul Blazer was just "okay" for me. I blame that partially on the fact that it was the last one in the series I actually managed to play though. It really doesn't stand up against IoG and Terranigma very well.

Terranigma has aged beautifully as well IMO. Shame they never released that state side because I would've bought that in a heartbeat.

On the subject of Terranigma, I'll throw up one of my favorite tracks from that.

Edited by Reider

That's a really cool song, Acadia. :)

I love VGMs. More than most music, actually. What I'm usually into has to do with what I'm playing at the moment. If you look at my Backlog you can tell it's Sonic Unleashed, and that's the music I'm listening to the most right now.

Ones I like the most iclude Spagonia Rooftop Run Night, Chun-nan Dragon Road Day, both Adabat Jungle Joyride Day and Night, and Shamar Arid Sands Night. The other stage BGMs are all pretty cool too, for the most part.

The video I'm posting is the Gaia Gate Theme. It's a really soothing melody, I love it's sound.

Here's a track from a more recent game by the name of Nier. Not sure if any of you have heard of it but it's a surprisingly decent game with some rather messed up things story and character-wise throughout. I'm assuming that's mostly because of the fact that the guys who made Drakengard made this game though.

The soundtrack for this game is easily one of the most incredible things I've ever listened to though.

This song plays during some of the boss fights in the game.

First off, Theme of the White Heron from Path of Radiance, just because it fits Reyson so poorly and Leanne (whom I think is actually the one it plays for when you first meet her...) so well. You can google that though, I'm not gonna bother posting it on an FE site.

I'm gonna go with Gothic Neclord. I love that they gave this guy a unique boss theme, he's a villain unto himself in this part of the game. After escaping under the radar in suikoden I, you finally get to put him down in Suikoden II with awesome characters - Marlowe, Sierra and beset of all Viktor the Bear - at your side. Then it's back to the admittedly more interesting and diverting main plot of the game, with the mining state of Tinto on your side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXuJ2cHx7Aw

Edited by Blue Mars

Here's a track from a more recent game by the name of Nier. Not sure if any of you have heard of it but it's a surprisingly decent game with some rather messed up things story and character-wise throughout. I'm assuming that's mostly because of the fact that the guys who made Drakengard made this game though.

The soundtrack for this game is easily one of the most incredible things I've ever listened to though.

Eclipse has Nier.

Anyway, that's a pretty cool song. Sounds Opera-esque.

I like the song the SeverIan posted too.

Anyway, to keep the pattern of music in every post, I'll throw this out here, it's more Sonic. Shamar's stage, Arid Sands, at night.

It sounds jazztastic.

Although I'm your generic Ys fanboy who faps furiously to the first one (the Temple of Solomon in Ys II still scares me/confuses me too much to enjoy), and dislikes the third one to a certain extent (eh, I liked Zelda 2, so I'll be nice to Ys III) I really liked this song from Ys III, which I am currently playing through, hoping IV and V for the SFC are a little better (V looks cool from the screenshots I've seen)

Actually, I've never played Skies of Arcadia, ever. But once I heard this music, it screamed to me "Epic". I think it's a really cool battle theme!

[spoiler=Brave Fencer Musashi goodness]

This is my favorite track from Brave Fencer Musashi, though the OST is excellent. This, along with SaGa Frontier II, is one of Square's more under-appreciated titles in my opinion.