GBA FE boards rearranged

VincentASM

For those concerned, the three GBA Fire Emblem game boards have been moved into a new "GameBoy Advance Era" board.

Previously, the number of FE game boards was (slightly) uncomfortably high with respect to the forums. Following the recent announcement of a 13th game, this has further increased the number.

While I'd prefer to keep as many game boards separate as possible, I believe this move is for the best and hopefully is only a minor inconvenience. As games get older, it's only natural that their relevance decreases (although I do feel the current activity of the GBA FE boards is still at a respectable level).

Edited by Tangerine

Hey, why not? It decreases clutter on the main board, and it's overall a little neater. The only thing you could probably complain about at all is that there's inly one "most recent post" thing, but I can't imagine it affecting anyone too much.

I like it, at least.

Edited by Luka M

Seems a little bit pointless to me. I never really noticed the long list of GBA games being a huge problem or even a slight problem of "clutter", I just scrolled down to the tellius boards and was done with it.

But like i said in the discussion topic, it's nothing major or really bothersome.

This doesn't come as a surprise at all. I was just thinking the other day that the board was looking a bit cluttered.

Don't forget to check out Tangerine's thread in the GBA game board section and contribute!

No.

I feel like this will *slightly* inconvenience me, personally, but whatever. Not a big deal. What does bother me slightly is the lumping of the NES/SNES forums into one without any subforums. Even if there is not a ton of activity, I feel that having them all lumped together adds more clutter than it removes because you have a bunch of unrelated topics in the same space.

Well, it's annoying that I can't enter any of those forums by directly going to the thingy in the bottom-right corner, but it's not such a big deal.

So, why aren't Shadow Dragon and New Mystery in a "DS" section now?

Big changes...we got a new FE board, now the FE boards are rearranged...man, I barely even recognize the place.

You think this is big? I can remember when the GBA FE boards hadn't even been separated in the first place.

I feel like this will *slightly* inconvenience me, personally, but whatever. Not a big deal. What does bother me slightly is the lumping of the NES/SNES forums into one without any subforums. Even if there is not a ton of activity, I feel that having them all lumped together adds more clutter than it removes because you have a bunch of unrelated topics in the same space.

Yeah, back in the old days we had decided not to have individual forums, to avoid competing with FESS. Well, we see how that worked out. XD Woops!

We may or may not retroactively divide the earlier game forums, though they are rarely active. I'm not sure if it would actually be worth it, but the nonconformity does bother me...

Well, it's annoying that I can't enter any of those forums by directly going to the thingy in the bottom-right corner, but it's not such a big deal.

That... is annoying. There isn't an option in the Admin Panel to change that, so it would require a code change. I'll have to take a look at that, and if I can change it, I will.

It would probably just be easiest to click the link on the index page.

Yeah, back in the old days we had decided not to have individual forums, to avoid competing with FESS. Well, we see how that worked out. XD Woops!

...that would be a nightmare

We may or may not retroactively divide the earlier game forums, though they are rarely active. I'm not sure if it would actually be worth it, but the nonconformity does bother me...

I think you should. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a forum with very few threads. What's more important is that they're all organized, so that we know where to look when thinking about a specific game. At least the SNES games have enough discussion on them to warrant separate forums, I think.

That... is annoying. There isn't an option in the Admin Panel to change that, so it would require a code change. I'll have to take a look at that, and if I can change it, I will.

Ah, I see

It would probably just be easiest to click the link on the index page.

That would involve going to the index first. And if I'm not already in the index page (very likely), it would require two clicks instead of one. Slow internet makes it very annoying.

Who is this person showing up from nowhere and claiming to be "root admin" or something? Crazy shit right here.

Some weird guy who somehow hacked into the forum and got himself a blue name.

Who is this person showing up from nowhere and claiming to be "root admin" or something? Crazy shit right here.

Vincent and I found him on the streets of Las Vegas plastered. We felt sorry for him so we gave him something to do while he corrects his drinking problem. He's learning how to cope with life now that his mind is no longer dazed by alcohol and other substances. With the help of his friends, of course.

Vincent: The Fire Emblem Enthusiast. He is a skirt chaser with a penchant for mage girls. He is a popular and charming individual who is always smiling. Has been helping Jyosua recover since "the incident".

Tangerine: The Lovable Fruit. She is a very sociable and friendly individual who can get along with most anyone. She has an army of little gremlins who <3 her, and she them. She has an underground base under her store, which she uses to house her group while they come up with a plan to take over the city. Has also been helping Jyosua recover since "the incident".

Narga: The Wizard. He is an anti-social old wizard who lives far outside the city, in a place most would call "the middle of nowhere". He spends most of his time with his partner, Balcerzak, attempting to create fantastical new life. His shenanigans get the gang into trouble on more than just one occasion.

Sirius: The Mannequin. He is Narga's first successful creation. He is anti-social and a Mannequin of few words. As a newly created doll, he and Jyosua find comfort in eachother. They are both beginning to experience life in a new and different way; their situations' similarities have led to a strong friendship being built over time.

Lord Glenn: The Local Librarian. He is, at first glance, a very kind fellow. He runs the only library in the city. Nobody is quite sure why, but every other library that attempts to open up is shut down in a matter of weeks, and the owners disappeared. In actuality, Lord Glenn is an escaped convict attempting to live a normal life in this small and forgotten city. He is often unable to hold back his murderous feelings when angered.

Shuuda: Never appears even though he had contractual obligations to. Currently living the life in Honolulu.

Fox: The Violent Vixen. She is a cruel, sadistic, and violent young woman of great ambition. Commands a strong following. As Tangerine's greatest nemesis and rival gang leader, she is part of the battle to control the city. It is rumored they are not as bitter of enemies as they appear to be, but the origins of those rumors are often killed by the fox before any real discussion can come of them.

Jyosuwha: The Alter Ego. Jyosua's schizophrenic alter ego. The condition that tormented him will not let go as easily as he'd hoped. He tempts Jyosua to return to his former life on several occasions. He is a mean-spirited and evil entity who plagues Jyosua throughout his rehabilitation process. Only through sheer will and the help of his new found friends will he be able to defeat his greatest enemy - himself.

The program is coming out this November on AMC for anyone interested.

I have nothing to do tonight.

Edited by Tangerine