Unluckiest thing that's ever happened to you in a Fire Emblem game

Big Klingy

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

FE7, the chapter where I go fight Erik on HHM. I went off with everyone else, left Bartre to clean up the soldiers and one knight to the right of the map. I knew peg knights would come from the South, so Bartre hung around to wait for them. they flew North, and he took them out, two hits each. Some had Slim lances, but proved no problem even when double attacking Bartre. But, this last one.... The peg knight came onto me, criticalled me with just 4%, doing 12 damage. I attacked, took her to something low hp, then I was like "no way" when I saw her spin that lance AGAIN. I was left with just 3hp from previous peg knight attacks. I lived to attack on my turn, and kill the last peg knight, but barely. Lucky peg knight...

Something I just realised recently: My Ross in Sacred Stones has 22 strength as a level 11 Bezerker, and yes, I did premote him at level 20. He gained no points of strength in like 6 level-ups! And his strength growth is supposed to be around 50%.

Proves that unluckiness isn't limited to 2% criticals...

This is exactly why I don't like enemy criticals bigger than 0.

As far as I can remember, the most unlucky thing that ever happened to me involved Lloyd and Homasa. Swordmasters...go figure.

fiona got all ups cept for magic and luck, which is pretty good... then she died........ ARGH

but then later the exact opposite of bad luck happened. On the chapter where you're Ike's group fighting aganst the dawn brigade with the

black knight

, Zihark attacked Soren and triggered adept with his killing edge. Soren had about 32 health and one hit did around 22. (cant remember the hit chance)

so basically, 2 normal hits wouldve killed soren. The critical chance was extremely high so just one of those woudlve killed him. but nope! soren got hit by the first of the adept attack hit then dodged the second hit. So no critical for Zihark. Then soren triggered adept and killed Zihark. I thought that soren surviving one of MY swordmasters attacking with a killing edge and triggering adept was pretty lucky to me

I guess my luckiest moment was when Ike in Ch7 of PoR had less than five hp and dogded everything and criticaled everything during the enemy phase. At first the criticals were a bad thing since it allowed more enemies to attack, but Ike sure proved me wrong.

The WORST thing that's happened to me is

in PoR

I was gonna kill a sword master with oscar with a brave lance(last chapter by the way)

I had 98% hit and I was gonna do 14 damage and kill him!

He has like 34% hit and next to nothing crit-3% if I remember correctly- his damage was like 4

Not only did I miss BOTH TIMES!!!! he crits me and KILLS OSCAR I was so angry that I just stopped playing for that day.

My unluckiest was on FE7 I was going to kill a Mage with Rebeca and She miss with 99 hit T_T and get Critical with 1% of chance.

Other one Was on FE9 The boss on the Tower map Critical with Boltining my Jill... I stoped playing for 2 days...

And my last One Yesterday on FE3... Marth Dodged 3 lance atacks, but ded with a crit from a Murmidon.

this one happened recently. I was on the bridge chapter in RD and i put Kieran out to kill some enemies and he got hit twice by percents less than 50 and one at like 34. so he had one health left and i thought "whew!", but then of course the damn ballista shot a rock next to Kieran doing one damage to kill him EXACTLY. (and yes he did only take 1 damage from being hit by a stone ballista)

this one happened recently. I was on the bridge chapter in RD and i put Kieran out to kill some enemies and he got hit twice by percents less than 50 and one at like 34. so he had one health left and i thought "whew!", but then of course the damn ballista shot a rock next to Kieran doing one damage to kill him EXACTLY. (and yes he did only take 1 damage from being hit by a stone ballista)

No one takes zero damage from the stones, though. I don't know if that adds any relevance, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Ugh. One of the most annoying things thats ever happened to me in a fire emblem game was in PoR. It was the boat chapter where Astrid can be recruited. I pretty much cleared the field except for one crow and I had Astrid on the defend spot. It was the last turn and the crows were just stealing stuff rather than attacking, so I thought "Oh boy! I'll have Astrid attack the crow and get some uber experience with her paragon!" I moved Astrid and shot the crow and got all the experience...but then in the enemy phase, the crow flew into the defend spot rather than opening another treasure chest and I lost. :angry:

The saddest thing is that's happened to me twice...You'd think I'd learn. (Though I guess that's not as unlucky as just plain stupid). It still made me never want to play again (at least until the next day).

Ugh. One of the most annoying things thats ever happened to me in a fire emblem game was in PoR. It was the boat chapter where Astrid can be recruited. I pretty much cleared the field except for one crow and I had Astrid on the defend spot. It was the last turn and the crows were just stealing stuff rather than attacking, so I thought "Oh boy! I'll have Astrid attack the crow and get some uber experience with her paragon!" I moved Astrid and shot the crow and got all the experience...but then in the enemy phase, the crow flew into the defend spot rather than opening another treasure chest and I lost. :angry:

The saddest thing is that's happened to me twice...You'd think I'd learn. (Though I guess that's not as unlucky as just plain stupid). It still made me never want to play again (at least until the next day).

Hah, I had the same thing happen to me. I had some great levelups in that run too, so it really was a waste.

I got a couple, not so epic ones. All Radiant Dawn.

Edward missing four times in a row with a 59% chance. (He had activated Adept twice.)

A General attacked Reyson with a Killing Edge, 75% Hit, 25 DMG, 7 Crit. To my great relief, Reyson managed to dodge the first attack, essentially putting him in the clear. Then the General pulls off a Critical. Reyson = Dead. Me = WTF. Yeah, fun times all around.

I fumed on for this for a while, but I'm over it now.

I was soooooo happy. I was about to beat the last chapter on FE 9. I was going to do it the next day. But... on that next day, my little brother was messing around on my memory card trying to do something with his file on another game and went to where you get to mess around with the memory on the memory card and deleted some of the files on some of the games INCLUDING FE!!!!!!! I was on the LAST CHAPTER! :angry: I wanted to finish it so badly but now I have to start all over again. What made me get over it was that, I wasn't really happy with how the stats of how some of my people turned out and that would've been the second time I beat it and it would've been so much worse if it were the first. I've restarted and am a bit more sastisfied so far. :)