New Moderator

Tangerine

Sirius gave me some bad news the other day, saying that he would not be able to be around for what he expects to be an extended period of time. I'm not going to go into detail or anything, but basically I decided a temporary moderator would be the ideal solution during his absence, rather than allowing staff absences to render our team inactive like when I was a moderator. This person will stay on until Sirius returns. In the event that Sirius does not wish to be a moderator upon his return, they will become a regular if they like.

That said, welcome Musashi back to the team! If you guys read the previous promotion thread, you'd know he was my first choice for promotion when I became Admin, but he denied the offer back then for personal reasons. Not long after I heard Sirius' news, I decided on a whim to ask him again. This time he was open to the idea and said he wouldn't mind taking the spot as our temporary moderator. After a short discussion with the rest of the staff, the promotion and this announcement has been made to let you guys know what's going on.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Tangerine

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I was gonna nominate myself for the position.

All joking aside, I hope Sirius BSNS comes back soon. Him being the first moderator to actually talk to me makes me hold a special place for him in my heart =(

Thanks for all the welcomes back, guys.

But, damn. Now I'm in a situation where I am Tangerine's subordinate! How do I get myself into messes like this?

Congratulations. :)

___

Ah one word post, and good luck too!

Edited by kittE

It's like the staff when I joined but with more Tangerine and Shuuda and Narga and less Hanz and Wist and Popo.

So, not really very similar at all. But I'm glad to have Musashi on the staff. It feels right.

Edited by Luka M

I already have my vote for the next moderator picked out and they are not former staff. To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the big deal is with people wanting "new blood". As long as our team is good and doing their job I don't see the difference personally :P:.

I already have my vote for the next moderator picked out and they are not former staff. To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the big deal is with people wanting "new blood". As long as our team is good and doing their job I don't see the difference personally :P:.

We all want to be tyrants!

To be honest, I am not entirely sure what the big deal is with people wanting "new blood".

The "old blood" resigned for reasons that often make it likely for them to go inactive again, I suppose.

Musashi is possibly my favorite SF staff member of all time (as far as actual staff function goes), so I think this is pretty good. It's hard to hold a candle to fagFox though.

The "old blood" resigned for reasons that often make it likely for them to go inactive again, I suppose.

Well there is that. Plus its always interesting to see what new members of the staff will do. Maybe its because i mod somewhere, that i actually enjoy seeing new modlies come on and see their ideas and how they do things. ;) (although i really miss Wist...)

Edited by Florina

Nothing wrong with fresh faces and opinions. On another forum I'm a staff at we almost prefer the sort of vitriol some fresh blood can bring.

Well, I guess it's just differing opinions. I am the newest staff member in that I was the last "new" one promoted and the rest since have been former staff. I don't believe I brought anything - simply by being a new member - to the team that a former staff member could not have. What I brought to the team was exclusive to me, not my status as a staff member. Sure everyone had fun going "omg Tangy got promoted?!", but in the end they were mostly unsure of whether or not I would be fit as a moderator. In comparison with all of the recent promotions, nobody had any doubt: they were assured stability by my choices.

The only difference between inviting new people to the team and inviting retired staff is what those individual people bring. While Mumu may not be bringing anything we haven't seen before because he was a part of the team in the past, that's not to say that what he brings is not just as (if not more) valuable than what a new member may have if we opted for one instead. I would not have brought him back if I believed there was someone better for the job, regardless of their member group, and that is what is ultimately important to me when deciding who I am going to support :P:.

Of course, someone's compatibility with the current staff is also important. I'm not going to make NinjaMonkey a staff member even if I thought he was perfect, because he obviously hates three of us and we'd be bickering all day (well, he'd be bickering, I'd be pairing him with Narga). On the other hand, Mumu <3s me, likes Sirius a lot, is acquainted with the rest of us and nobody really dislikes him. Who could dislike Mumu?

In the end the only things I value are pretty basic. I don't overthink what something might mean to the team. It's fun to say "hey this new person could spice things up", but stability and assured success is a lot more valued by this admin in particular than things like that :P:.

A friendly look into my thought process when selecting members to support!

Edited by Tangerine