61 members have voted

1. 1. Wil or Rebecca?

• Wil
    • Rebecca
  2. 2. Rath or Rebecca?

• Rath
    • Rebecca
    • Both

Even prepromoted Snipers aren't that good. I'm not sure why everyone has somehow gotten the impression that being locked to the crappiest weapon type in the game and being otherwise completely average is a good thing. It's not like Sniper gets really good promotion bonuses, either.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rebecca's the better one in the long run, but if you're doing hard mode, training her is a pain. Wil's gonna have a level lead on her if you use him in Lyn mode and while he might not be doubling all the time, he'll need less babying and be more efficient than Rebecca in early chapters.

it doesn't really matter which you use, just format it according to your projected plan. if you're using more characters from early on in E/H mode like Bartre and Lowen, go with Wil. If not, might as well make use of the experience with Rebecca.

Edited by Bearissoslow

Go with Rebecca, she has a better development in the game than Free Willy. She tends to gain spd so ridiculously that she gets to double nearly every enemy, thus, getting to S rank faster than Willy, who won't double most enemies. Also, she has better avoid, making her have a higher chance of dodging attacks. Oh!! Supports!!! Reb n' Dart! :awesome: or Lyn n' Willy :facepalm:

If you're doing your first playthrough, and I'm assuming it's a completely casual run, just use whoever you want. You aren't going to know or use the strategies anyone expects you to (and if you've looked into the game that much before even playing it, you're doing it wrong), so any comparisons people will use to compare characters are most likely meaningless. Just play the game and do what comes naturally.

Well, reading now I can see that it's pretty much between Rath and Rebecca now. Kinda tricky, I must say.

BTW, I AM using Dart so would that push me towards Becky? GBA supports sound like a pain but if it's worth it, I could try it.

Given that it's ENM, Wil WOULD double most everything later on. Given that he's the stronger and bulkier, I'd go with him.

GBA supports are a TOTAL pain. RebeccaxDart is at least plausible though, IIRC, and does give good boosts.

In ENM Wil's Str lead shouldn't mean anything more than Rebecca's Spd lead. Dart support will close that gap, anyway, and the avoid boost will also render any durability differences null. So Rebecca still wins.

If you're playing casually on your first playthrough and on the lowest difficulty, I would suggest against bothering with supports. But it's up to you.

Supports aren't that painful, at least, those in which both characters have base points and their points per turn and adjacent to the other one are relatively high and makes the support easier to reach. Lately I did an HNM draft where my only units were Wall-E, Florina, Reb, Dart and Lucius, and both Dart and Reb got to B support and the turncount was less than 200 turns (no LNM). Their gains are a boost in crit and dmg if I'm not wrong. Zerker Dart + S Rank + Support gain with Reb (C-A) = Crit > 25-35. As you can see I excluded Skill since it varies due to level ups.

Edited by Quintessence

Dart can support with Wil too, and it's not much slower than his support with Rebecca. (Dart/Wil is 20+3, whereas Dart/Rebecca is 35+3, a mere 5-turn difference.)

Wil's Wind also provides bonuses to Attack, Accuracy, and Critical, just like Rebecca's and Dart's Fire, so Wil gets pretty much the same offensive bonuses from a support with Dart that Rebecca gets.

Edited by Paper Jam

Rebecca ends up being one of my best Battle:Win ratio unit by the end of any FE7 run next to Raven. Feed her some kills for a few chapters and she's soon standing on her own two feet, especially if you feed her an Energy Ring.

People who say "archers suck" don't know how to use them effectively. She's got decent Str on average, great speed and skill for doubling and criticals, and she's a great dodge tank to top it off.

And as mentioned, her supports will help even more. I support her with Raven, personally - wherever I send Raven, Rebecca's always one step behind, or as near as practicably possible without taking close-range damage on enemy phase.

I love the girl.

Yes, but FireWind has literally just one downside, which is evade, which it still has half of. And that's defensive; Wil's an archer.

Anyway, I'd take double Anima.

Fire vs. Anima is Hit and Crit vs. Def... I'd go with Fire in FE6 and Anima in the others.

Of course, Anima, boosting Def, is more susceptible to differences based on having a double support or not. So with Fire/Fire vs. Fire/Anima, it's 8 Hit and 8 Crit vs. 1 Def and 7 CEV (at A rank), which is somewhat lesser of a trade, but Anima/Anima is still better.

Rath vs Rebecca might be tough. Depending on how you play, Rebecca could be promoted by the time you get Rath, and either way she should promote first, but Rath has everything else on her; Move, Aid, Swords, and his stats are either very similar or better at even levels. In the end I'd say Rath since Rebecca's not exactly good before he comes anyway.

I never bother with Rath. I never have. Not a fan of Nomads. He also comes late and needs some babying, by which time Rebecca would be close to/already be a Sniper.

Rebecca has lower bases than Rath but has better speed, skill, luck, def and res growths.

If you train Rebecca from the time she joins, then you should be happy. If you want to go through 1/3rd - 1/2 of Eliwood/Hector mode without bows for the sake of +2 movement then go for Rath.

If you train Rebecca from the time she joins, then you should be happy. If you want to go through 1/3rd - 1/2 of Eliwood/Hector mode without bows for the sake of +2 movement then go for Rath.

And you should be happier without bows than with, as both Rebecca and Wil are terrible!

Actually both Will and Rebecca are quite amazing to be frank, buuuuut it all depends on you, really I don't like archers I use 'em but I'd take a mage over an archer any day.

But make it fun use Bartre xD He's not exactly great but at the same time he's not terrible.

Edit: And he can use bow's when he promotes :D

Edited by eranjial

I say Rebecca for both.

Mainly because I tend to use units that fit into the my ideal idea of a class.

Rebecca is fast and accurate with decent power, while Wil has more Defense and Strength. I personally see Archers as the first set, so I use Rebecca.

Rath is alright I guess, but I think one Bow user is enough.