has anyone ever not been able to recuit heather?

i manged to..."pull" this off when Nepy failed to dodge or land hits on enemies that needed to be killed to get to heather twice or so, heather stole some healing items, got poisons so she healed herself one or twice, then when i was one turn away from getting her, she exits the map.

so now i'm doing an heatherless run

Actually, I finished my part II (1st play through (somehow not efficient) and I recruited Heather successfully. I got Neph down through the gap by the time Heather appeared. Brom was lolling around with soldiers and knights. I was attempting to do it by killing the armors and the wind sage, but Brom was elwind' :facepalm: . Yet, I haven't found any vital task for Heather apart from stealing items. Don't bombard me :mellow: , I'm by Part III :awesome: , 3-P actually.

Still, I better find her a good job.

Edited by Quintessence

Here's a funny story, I beat the game three times without knowing you could recruit her. I got her my forth playthrough and she turned out OK except for her strength being kinda low upon promoting, her Def. was decent. I say she's worth it for stealing items and if you like to train thieves.

Here's a funny story, I beat the game three times without knowing you could recruit her.

Um, what.

You have two characters in that chapter before getting Heather: Brom and Nephenee. Both can Talk to her.

Um, what.

You have two characters in that chapter before getting Heather: Brom and Nephenee. Both can Talk to her.

That was three years ago when I first started playing an RPG game like FE, I had no idea and didn't know of SF or any site that would help me with things!

I was a total nOOb!

My first time through the game, I missed a lot of things. I let people die because I had only ever played part of Lynn's story in FE-whichever, where people came back, and I didn't realize so many people were recruitable. About three-fourths of the way through I found this place and facepalmed at all I had done. I didn't realize until the end that people didn't come back. I know I didn't get Heather or a bunch of other people, and I certainly lost out on my favorite character, Soren, because I let him die (thinking he was girl (even though my hair is longer than his)).

Yeah, I missed her my first time through. Pretty sure she died as a green unit. But the next play through I used her and was quite pleased. I just wish Sothe was not required for endgame, cause then she would be so much more useful.

Once upon a time, Heather could get killed before I could reach her.

Now, even on HM, it's not hard at all to reach her when she first appears; at worst, clearing the path in time is only as hard as "Having Neph (T) chug vulneraries while enemies suicide into her on their respective phase."

I once did a PT where only 4 units got kills (Edward/Marcia/Brom/Ike (and technically the black knight) Brom alone was fast enough but I can imagine Nephenee alone will be a hell to try and get heather.

Yeah, in my current Hard mode run, she left the map before I was able to recruit her because both Brom and Neph kept missing the enemies.

Though honestly, I hardly ever used her in my previous runs anyway, so I'm not missing out on much.

Yeah, in my current Hard mode run, she left the map before I was able to recruit her because both Brom and Neph kept missing the enemies.

Though honestly, I hardly ever used her in my previous runs anyway, so I'm not missing out on much.

She's useful for minor stealing jobs. You just lost out on:

Secret Book

Dracoshield

Energy Drop

Plus some other minor items, plus it makes it more difficult to get Rescue in 3-E.

Well, it's not like missing out on three upgrades would kill me or anything. And I never got Rescue before, so... Yeah, I'm not missing out on much in comparison to my previous runs. :newyears:

No...i never have not been able to get her. Well, except that one time she died before i could recruit her but i just restarted. She really leaves the map if you dont get her (and she doesnt die) in time? Huh!

That was three years ago when I first started playing an RPG game like FE, I had no idea and didn't know of SF or any site that would help me with things!

I was a total nOOb!

Oh, sorry. FE10 probably isn't a good beginner's game by FE standards. :awesome: