FE 4 inflation?

The_Purple_Knight

I decided to Playthrough the hack and i was wondering what I should expect . Is the game difficult? What are the best parings? should I use a large amount of characters first generation or a small amour of characters first generation ? Are the enemy unit pushovers or should I be on guard ?

Enemies in chapter 5 and Epilogue have indeed capped stats for the most part, though a bit less in chapter 5. Enemies are relatively easy earlier on however, but mini bosses appear far more often later, usually with pretty good skillsets and weapons.

The experience gain is so high you should have many characters at level 30 by the end of generation 1 anyway. I recall a player being able to promote Lex in chapter 1 while playng "efficiently".

Still, some characters are so broken that you can solo the final chapter with them, with Celice seizing forts and distracting Yuria. I know I've done it with both Holyn!Leen and Shanan.

Edited by Bender B. Rodríguez

For pairings I'd recommend those:

AdeanxJamka or Midayle (they gives the exact same thing, except Jamka has a slightly more HP and strength while Midayle has slightly more magic and skill): Ichieval usable from chapter 6 (but if memory serves you have to break it)

AyraxLex: No holy weapon to the kids but you can have fun with the hero axe when Skasaha comes. You can do AyraxLevin and promote Skasaha to mage lord for Lolsety fun too.

LachesisxNoish: AmbushxWrath (with the precious Nihil on top of that). Makes both kids able to steal borrow the Mistoltin from Aless if you feel like it. (Master Knight Nanna with Mistoltin was really funny)

FuryxLevin: Not really much choice for her if memory serves. Levin is the only one that gives something meaningful to Sety while Fee need nothing more than Fury's overpowered spear.

TiltyuxAzel: Major tordo and fala for both kids. Says hi to mounted Falafire and Thorhammer (with AmbushxWrathxPrayer). Moreover you get Nihil.

BridgetxAlec: Break the Tyrfing and you can have Patty inherit it (well, Lester can do it with AdeanxAlec but you won't have Ichieval before chapter 8)

SylviaxHolyn or SylviaxClaude: The first one gives you WrathxPrayer and A rank sword for Leen at promotion, but the kids will live in the fear of taking a critical hit. SylviaxClaude gives you no fancy offensive skills but at least offers Nihil.

Edited by Sartek

FuryxLevin: Not really much choice for her if memory serves. Levin is the only one that gives something meaningful to Sety while Fee need nothing more than Fury's overpowered spear.

I paired her with Claude personally, which gave a higher staff rank for Fee at least. Sety's more than fine with his starting weapon.

I'd also consider Beowulf with Briggid, if only because of Darkness Sword which is a pretty fun skill.

AyraLevin OTP. Always.

(No seriously, Skasaha can promote to Mage Fighter and if you play smart you can have every single member of your party promoted by the beginning of chapter 7)

AyraLevin OTP. Always.

(No seriously, Skasaha can promote to Mage Fighter and if you play smart you can have every single member of your party promoted by the beginning of chapter 7)

Well what about Lakche ,What does she promote to? Is having a Mage is a father going to ruin her ?

Well what about Lakche ,What does she promote to? Is having a Mage is a father going to ruin her ?

Swordmaster, Mercenary (sword+axe) or Forrest (sword+bow). Levin still makes a good father since he has 40% strength growth, on top of 10% for Major Odo, which both kids will have.

Where exactly would you get those two holy weapons from ? Can you get the holy axe too?

Falaflame is dropped by Alvis, though I forget who dropped Thorhammer. I think it's with the first fight against Ishtar, but I'm not 100% sure.

You can't get the Swanchika, the Gungnir and Lopt. All the others are available.

This site should be helpful.

BridgetxAlec: Break the Tyrfing and you can have Patty inherit it (well, Lester can do it with AdeanxAlec but you won't have Ichieval before chapter 8)

Did not know. Just to make sure, have you actually done this? I was under the impression the Tyrfing was unable to be inherited, but if that is the case... yum. That might be enough to make me play through the game again.

Also at least worth mentioning is Fury x Nobody, as promoted Femina dismounts into a dancer, and Hawk has Charisma.

Falaflame is dropped by Alvis, though I forget who dropped Thorhammer. I think it's with the first fight against Ishtar, but I'm not 100% sure.

It is the first fight against Ishtar in chapter 7.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

Also at least worth mentioning is Fury x Nobody, as promoted Femina dismounts into a dancer, and Hawk has Charisma.

I've heard reports of having subs crashing the game around chapter 9 or 10. Maybe more than just a couple of siblings.

Also I'm not sure if the dismounting glitch was fixed. Having a unit stuck forever into wait position is rather lame.

Did not know. Just to make sure, have you actually done this? I was under the impression the Tyrfing was unable to be inherited, but if that is the case... yum. That might be enough to make me play through the game again.

I did it a long time ago (I let Patty use the Tyrfing instead of giving it back to Celice), and if memory serves Palmark gave me a second copy of the weapon. But it could have been fixed (in another hack it was but dunno about inflation)

Edit: just loaded a save from the end of chapter 5 and cheated my way through chapter 6... Patty inherited the Tyrfing, but it needed to be broken or else she won't have it.

Edited by Sartek

I've heard reports of having subs crashing the game around chapter 9 or 10. Maybe more than just a couple of siblings.

Also I'm not sure if the dismounting glitch was fixed. Having a unit stuck forever into wait position is rather lame.

I'm pretty sure the dismounting glitch was fixed. At least, I used Arthur primarily dismounted to have him as a mage lord and never had a problem. Can't comment on subs crashing the game however. Someone pointed out the Femina thing to me after I had finished, but I never did another playthrough to try it out.

Edited by Overlord Zetta

I did it a long time ago (I let Patty use the Tyrfing instead of giving it back to Celice), and if memory serves Palmark gave me a second copy of the weapon. But it could have been fixed (in another hack it was but dunno about inflation)

Edit: just loaded a save from the end of chapter 5 and cheated my way through chapter 6... Patty inherited the Tyrfing, but it needed to be broken or else she won't have it.

So if I break the tyrfing and give it to dew, patty can inherit it and I can get a secound copy ?

I've played twice with these pairings.

Levin x Ayra Skasaha with Holsety. Overkill right there. Both kids get major Odo and Holsety.

Holyn x Sylvia Corple does fine. Leen with Meteor and Lunar Sword is rediculiously powerful.

Claude x Fury Sety comes with Starlight so he does fine. He can use the Valkyrie Staff as well. Fee is perfectly fine with Fury's Longinus.

Jamka x Aideen Lester gets a 5 range bow, Parthia, and the Hero Bow. The Hero Bow isn't needed but the 5 range bow is great.

Tiltyu x Azel Both kids can use Fala Flame and Tor Hammer.

Finn x Lachesis Fin can promote to Paladin, and pass swords down.

Beowulf x Brigid Darkness Sword is helpful for Patty. Faval does well with it too.

All Holy Weapons except Swanchicka are obtainable.

Fala Flame is dropped by Alvis in Chapter 10.

Thor Hammer is dropped by Ishtar in Chapter 8.

Holy Weapons can be sold.

In the second generation (and Fin in the first) press X, Y, or R alters promotion choice. Using it is the only way Skasaha can use Holsety.

I found for the most part enemies are poorly scaled.

Bosses are disproportionately powerful compaired to their army. Regular enemies aren't that bad.

Then you reach the final chapter. All enemies have max stats, and as many skills as possible. That is hard. However it's pretty even, because the entire army is overpowered.

I wish it did have a translation patch. I've gotten so bored with the original FE4 that I only play Inflation, because of it's replayability with branched promotions. I miss the story though.

How's the playthrough coming along by the way?

There's a few other hacks which also feature branched promotions, if you didn't know already (even Inflation can get old). And also offer vastly-altered casts, enemies, and all the usual goodies.

(you can always make a translation patch yourself as well!)