why did gba Fe warriors get nerfed

MacLovin

Dolza is only really alright in chapter 12 (IIRC, the one where Saleh joins on Eirika's route) where he can tank Gargoyles on the mountains. Same with Baels, but he can't hit those either. He's pretty terrible otherwise.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, apparently, The only Warrior that's good right off the bat, is Geitz

Because the fighters take time, and Bartre in fe6 prevents you from getting Echidna.

Hawkeye is the best Berserker in the GBA series

Gonzo is the next best IMO

The rest are mediocre IMO

Lot>Geese

Dorcas&Bartre>Dart

fe6 Bartre>Garret

Garcia>Dozla

Boyd>largo

Hawkeye=Geitz

Gonzo>>Ward

Am I right?

I feel like Berserker itself is a good class, but most of the units in them have serious issues that can't be made up by the class.

To be fair, the same could be said for warrior. But yeah, neither are very good. The only real standouts from my experience, which is 7 and 8, are Geitz, who's basically Bartre without the terrible start, and Hawkeye who has sick bases, but mehish growths. Dart can be good if you don't mind blowing 50,000 gold on him, but even then, he's not a whole lot better than Hawkeye and he actually takes training to get there.

Bowz.

Use a Sniper. Or a Nomad. Hell, promote Gerik to ranger in FE8 if you want bows that bad.

Now when I meant by berserkers, I was talking about pirates too. Lot is decent in fe6, but I prefer Geitz/Gonzales(yeah, frgiin gonzales) over him any day. EVEN if he's a little inaccurate, he does what axemen do, pound the enemy to a pulp.

Dart's much better than Dorcas and better than Bartre as well. Now its up to the player whether he wants to blow 50000 gold or not. If not ranked run, certainly Dart. OH, and Hawkeye is as usable as Geitz.

Now its true Dozla ain't great, but all enemies in FE8 are weak, so even Dozla's usable. Not as great as Garcia, but even Garcia's not great. xD

Use a Sniper. Or a Nomad. Hell, promote Gerik to ranger in FE8 if you want bows that bad.

No other bow users can use axes, and vice versa. Having the best and cheapest ranged weapon along side the best and cheapest close range/two range weapon is pretty damn useful, especially when it comes to killing wyverns.

Now when I meant by berserkers, I was talking about pirates too. Lot is decent in fe6, but I prefer Geitz/Gonzales(yeah, frgiin gonzales) over him any day. EVEN if he's a little inaccurate, he does what axemen do, pound the enemy to a pulp.

OH, and Hawkeye is as usable as Geitz.

Now its true Dozla ain't great, but all enemies in FE8 are weak, so even Dozla's usable. Not as great as Garcia, but even Garcia's not great. xD

You mean Geese.

Play HHM, Geitz dominates Hawkeye in all but resistance I believe.

and Ross

Geitz doesn't dominate Hawkeye at all. They double most of the same things despite a 2-3 AS difference, are about tied in str, but Hawkeye's durability parameters are all significantly better than Geitz's.

Hmm, looking at base stats, Geitz has -6hp, +1st, -1sk, +3sp, -3lk, -2df, -6rs. Guess you're right, memory failed me.

Edited by deranger

No other bow users can use axes, and vice versa. Having the best and cheapest ranged weapon along side the best and cheapest close range/two range weapon is pretty damn useful, especially when it comes to killing wyverns.

You mean Geese.

Play HHM, Geitz dominates Hawkeye in all but resistance I believe.

and Ross

Yeah, I mean Geese. I totally messed that up.

Doesn't matter if you can use two weapons when you're infact stuck to a weapon every turn unless you waste another unit to trade and get another weapon equipped. Besides, Berserkers are usually faster than the warriors, have an actual crit rate, and end up killing more than warriors. They basically can kill wyverns easily with their axes.

Also, Ross requires more effort than Garcia and Dozla.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, I mean Geese. I totally messed that up.

Doesn't matter if you can use two weapons when you're infact stuck to a weapon every turn unless you waste another unit to trade and get another weapon equipped. Besides, Berserkers are usually faster than the warriors, have an actual crit rate, and end up killing more than warriors. They basically can kill wyverns easily with their axes.

Also, Ross requires more effort than Garcia and Dozla.

It all ends up if you wanna do the ruins/tower or not.

If you want to, you probably won't want to use Dozla, considering he'd probably die on the first floor of the ruins anyways.

With Ross, you can see what your team lacks, then go from there. If you see that you need only power, go with berserker, but if you forgot to train Niemi, it's useful to have another bow user ready there so go with warrior. The only thing I don't see is Hero Ross because it seems that throughout the game you have enough swords, and the strength cap is far too low for Ross to get any strong hits with.

Edited by Aran613

+2 speed on promotion.

And 25 strength is enough for ingame.

And Ross isn't that good anyways.

Hawkeye and Gonzo are the only Berserkers that don't suck, and don't need babying.

Lot, Dorcas, fe6 Barte, and Gietz are good warriors, capable of doing quite a bit.

Dart, Geese, Garcia, and Ross are kinda mediocre.

Lol Ward

Garret is filler, and has only C axes.

Lol Dozla and his 9 speed base :awesome:

+2 speed on promotion.

And 25 strength is enough for ingame.

And Ross isn't that good anyways.

Hawkeye and Gonzo are the only Berserkers that don't suck, and don't need babying.

Lot, Dorcas, fe6 Barte, and Gietz are good warriors, capable of doing quite a bit.

Dart, Geese, Garcia, and Ross are kinda mediocre.

Lol Ward

Garret is filler, and has only C axes.

Lol Dozla and his 9 speed base :awesome:

Correction: Hawkeye's the only non-sucky berserker. Because Gonzales can't hit the broad side of a barn. And I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE missing.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Correction: Hawkeye's the only non-sucky berserker. Because Gonzales can't hit the broad side of a barn. And I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE missing.

At level 20/4, Gonzales with a Killer Axe has 2 more hit than base Hawkeye. Therefore, Hawkeye can't hit the broad side of a barn either.

At level 20/4, Gonzales with a Killer Axe has 2 more hit than base Hawkeye. Therefore, Hawkeye can't hit the broad side of a barn either.

I'm not seeing what you're trying to say since Gonzo's in a game where, oh, I dunno, enemies ACTUALLY CAN DODGE, as opposed to Hawkeye. And that's not even getting into the better accuracy of FE7 weapons... Or maybe I'm missing the point.

I'm not seeing what you're trying to say since Gonzo's in a game where, oh, I dunno, enemies ACTUALLY CAN DODGE, as opposed to Hawkeye. And that's not even getting into the better accuracy of FE7 weapons... Or maybe I'm missing the point.

20/1 Gonzo wrecks shit in 1 hit

as long as it's not a sword user.

Hawkeye tanks, and has speedwings/braves to back him up

Has well as that Silver Axe in HNM/HHM

20/1 Gonzo wrecks shit in 1 hit

as long as it's not a sword user.

Hawkeye tanks, and has speedwings/braves to back him up

Has well as that Silver Axe in HNM/HHM

Having all the power in the world won't help you any if you can't hit. And in my book, Gonzales just has no redeeming qualities.

Killer Axes, which are what Gonzales is going to use most of the time, have 65 hit, which is the same as FE7 Killer Axes.

In addition, it's not really Gonzo's fault that the enemies in his game are dodgier, and that's something that everyone in FE6 has to deal with. The point is that in a vacuum, Gonzales is more accurate than Hawkeye. If you're going to say that Gonzales is significantly less accurate than Hawkeye, then are you saying that every character in FE6 is significantlyless accurate than their FE7 peers?

Moreover, I didn't even mention Gonzales' fairly fast Lilina support, which can provide a small hit boost.

Having all the power in the world won't help you any if you can't hit. And in my book, Gonzales just has no redeeming qualities.

So sky-high HP/STR/SPD aren't redeeming qualities? I mean, it's one thing to say that it's not worth dealing with his low hit rates even if he has all that, but you're implying that having that really good STR/SPD isn't a good quality whatsoever.

Edited by Anouleth

Killer Axes, which are what Gonzales is going to use most of the time, have 65 hit, which is the same as FE7 Killer Axes.

In addition, it's not really Gonzo's fault that the enemies in his game are dodgier, and that's something that everyone in FE6 has to deal with. The point is that in a vacuum, Gonzales is more accurate than Hawkeye. If you're going to say that Gonzales is significantly less accurate than Hawkeye, then are you saying that every character in FE6 is significantlyless accurate than their FE7 peers?

Moreover, I didn't even mention Gonzales' fairly fast Lilina support, which can provide a small hit boost.

So sky-high HP/STR/SPD aren't redeeming qualities? I mean, it's one thing to say that it's not worth dealing with his low hit rates even if he has all that, but you're implying that having that really good STR/SPD isn't a good quality whatsoever.

Okay...

As for Gonzales's Lilina support, I find it questionable in value, personally. And I'd say the hit boost is practically negligible until A rank.

I just think it isn't enough to make up for Gonzales's godawful Hit (Of course, you might think differently, but it's enough for me to despise him. Him being ugly doesn't help his case any).

To be sure, FE7 Bartre has as much potential as anyone long-term. His speed and skill (bases) are difficult to excuse in hard mode, and I'd never call him efficient, but he 1RKOs with the best of them later in casual play.

/uses Bartre whenever doing a random runthrough to read supports

Edited by Rehab

Everyone and their grandmother is faster than Dozla.

And even he can double things.

Edited by Darros

Okay...

As for Gonzales's Lilina support, I find it questionable in value, personally. And I'd say the hit boost is practically negligible until A rank.

I just think it isn't enough to make up for Gonzales's godawful Hit (Of course, you might think differently, but it's enough for me to despise him. Him being ugly doesn't help his case any).

First off, Gonzo has HHM bonuses. Second, I find 27x2 at 56% hit, to be more effective than 15x1 with 90% hit. Which is just my personal experiences with them.

First off, Gonzo has HHM bonuses. Second, I find 27x2 at 56% hit, to be more effective than 15x1 with 90% hit. Which is just my personal experiences with them.

Which does next to nothing to raise my low opinion of him becuase I'd rather not take any risks with his hit rate that's doomed to suck for eternity, espcially in situations where I NEED to hit. He (Gonzales) may have good HP, Str and Speed, but the low Skill ruins all that, as I see it, especially since I consider accuracy far more of a problem in FE6 than in FE7.