Meg: Why such hate?

Why do people have such hate against Meg?

Sure she may come in at a lower level than other units, but so what?

And because she's fast people gotta hate her? I like speedy generals that i know won't get doubled.

Her defense is pretty nice and she does well for her class. I personally like her. Especially if supported with Jill :P

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She isn't too horrible on easy mode. Hard mode pretty much limits her because of low base stats.

Assuming you even raise her, her speed cap is too low to take advantage of and movement becomes more important than tanking hits later on.

When I started playing Radiant Dawn a while back, my Meg hadn't gained a single experience point after several chapters. This was because her movement was too low to reach anything in time to do anything.

Let me put this in terms you'll understand:

The biggest issue with Meg is, of course, the fact that she's hideously underleveled(and understated)in a group where competition for EXP is very tight(to give out an idea, I could only reasonably train two tier 1 units in my PT, those being Eddie and Nolan). Moreover, her class is god awful and even if armors were good, her stats do not fit her class. Sure, she's 'fast' and is 'adequate' for taking on mages, but at the cost of her str and def. And I put fast in quotes because her speed cap is fucking horrible(22 spd is a joke, and 32 spd only doubles gens and dragons in 4-E, not that a unit's performance in 4-E tells the whole story.) Seriously, if you want a 'fast' general, use Gatrie. At least he starts above average by GM standards(as opposed to significantly below par by the pitifully low DB standards) and doesn't have sub-par str/def growths for his class.

Also, I don't like my women plus sized, IYKWIM.

Edited by darkandroid125

Didn't I explain this on- oh wait I did, though smash stole most of the spotlight:

smash fanatic posted...

- She's ugly (this already puts off many casual players)

- She has mediocre bases, meaning she is initially hard to use

- Her growths other than her spd are mediocre, meaning she doesn't grow very well and is hard to use for a long time

- Her caps are bad, meaning even if you put effort into her she doesn't pay off

- Her mobility is poor, which more or less just amplifies all her statistical problems

- She has a poor support affinity, which is just insult to injury

am i missing anything?

- Too fat to shove unless you're Aran / Nolan / Volug / Taur / BK

- Wants to marry a furry

- 6 Con sucks

Also, Heaven affinity isn't -too- bad in this game, since Dawn Brigade does have moments where accuracy can become a minor nuisance to some characters (i.e. using Lugh with Leonardo vs. FalcoKnights).

I'm using her right now, actually. in easy mode she's funny to use, seeing her defeat opponents who are quite a bit taller than she is. plus her speed, skill and luck capped fast for me, meaning that Bexping is a good option on her.

other than that, I wouldn't want to use her in any other mode. just because her caps are awful. (not because of base stats, that's easy enough to fix)

I'm using her right now, actually. in easy mode she's funny to use, seeing her defeat opponents who are quite a bit taller than she is. plus her speed, skill and luck capped fast for me, meaning that Bexping is a good option on her.

other than that, I wouldn't want to use her in any other mode. just because her caps are awful. (not because of base stats, that's easy enough to fix)

I used her in Normal Mode before. Thanks to BEXP, she was actually useable especially on Part 4. But getting her there was quite painful.

Ok, seriously? The main thing im seeing here is because she's fat. That's just shallow and rude!

Not using her cause of that? What the hell man? So it may be tough to use her, that's the fun of FE challenging yourself. Meg is a pretty great unit. Give her the right supports

and weapons and she can hold her own pretty well.

But come on. Weight? That's just stupid.

Ok, seriously? The main thing im seeing here is because she's fat. That's just shallow and rude!

OK, seriously? Only 3/6 responses mentioned Meg's weight - none of them as the exclusive factor for her being a bad unit. Your response above is reductionist and disingenuous.

Meg is a pretty great unit. Give her the right supports and weapons and she can hold her own pretty well.

Under what circumstance can Meg be "pretty great"? Even with a bunch of favoritism and/or Bexp, Meg is perpetually unable to 2HKO due to poor Strength. Meg is unable to double any but the slowest units because of her pitiful tier 2 Speed cap and mediocre tier 3 Speed Cap. Add to that the worst movement type, and we see no reason to use or train Meg.

Meg gains Lances at tier 2. E Rank. Have fun with Bronze Lances.

you have discipline, it won't take long for E to become D. half a bronze lance later she'll have a C rank.

she does just fine with a steel sword though.

I'm going to try using her on a quick playthrough this evening.

(Should I be cruel to Zihark, and make them have an A support at the games end.)

What about celerity for her movement, and her performance in 3-6??

My theory is basically this, most people use a character because they're physically attractive, good as a unit or have a good/interesting/cool/funny/whatever personality.

Meg isn't physically attractive, she's a poor unit and (like practically all the FE10 newcomers bar a few) she doesn't have enough development to attract the player based on her personality. Therefore there's little to convince the majority of players to try her.

Meg is usable on easy mode, sure, but I used her in the same playthrough that I had Micaiah and a level 10/1 Laura owning 1-6, so loleasymode doesn't say much. On normal she really has to compete for EXP, and finds herself lowest on the totem pole due to shitty stats, move etc. as has been already outlined. Also, 22 speed cap until tier 3 is just sad. On hard the problems on normal are compounded, and enemies will just shred her from the first chapter she is usable. Only arguable worse character on the team is Fiona, and she has earth affinity, 2 innate skills and a 34 speed cap to at least have a reason for going through the agony of training her. Meg is pretty much horrible forever.

Pretty much. With brave weapons, she's similar to Haar's preformance in the tower to the extent that they have high strength caps but neither double, except with worse caps all around (except lolres), no flying, less movement, and a worse weapon type to SS in. Oh yeah, and Haar doesn't take an insane amount of effort to get to that point.

while i like using Meg, i really can't recommend her to anyone and won't bother to defend her.

sure she can be kinda good on normal mode and i'd use her over Leo and Fiona, but thats not really much to be proud of.

Well i guess she'd techenally be the best general for Endgame, which also isn't much considering gatrie is stupidly godly in this game.