Radiant Dawn: EU Release Date

I found the equivalent article on Nintendo of Europe's Spanish website and, like the UK page mentioned by Vincent, it makes no mention of a Fire Emblem release. Fire Emblem does not turn up in a game search, but that is also the case on the French version of the website so the game databases are, presumably, not up to date. It might be worth e-mailing Nintendo of Europe to confirm which countries will see the release of Fire Emblem 10. I agree with Aether that the game is likely to be released in the UK, and other parts of Europe, despite the inconsistency of the news regarding the title. It would be illogical for the Fire Emblem 10 to be withheld from the UK considering the game has already been translated into English.

• 2 weeks later...
I found the equivalent article on Nintendo of Europe's Spanish website and, like the UK page mentioned by Vincent, it makes no mention of a Fire Emblem release. Fire Emblem does not turn up in a game search, but that is also the case on the French version of the website so the game databases are, presumably, not up to date. It might be worth e-mailing Nintendo of Europe to confirm which countries will see the release of Fire Emblem 10. I agree with Aether that the game is likely to be released in the UK, and other parts of Europe, despite the inconsistency of the news regarding the title. It would be illogical for the Fire Emblem 10 to be withheld from the UK considering the game has already been translated into English.

The problem with the EU is that the products need to be the same - the packaging can be different (words and that) but the product needs to be the same, in terms of games anyway. Every EU game has a language select (French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, maybe more, unsure). Us English-speaking British people need to wait literally months while they are translating the game to all these other different languages... I sometimes wish I had an American Wii (My Wii is German, for those who care), it will be the same story when Brawl's released in America too.

The problem with the EU is that the products need to be the same - the packaging can be different (words and that) but the product needs to be the same, in terms of games anyway. Every EU game has a language select (French, English, German, Italian, Spanish, maybe more, unsure). Us English-speaking British people need to wait literally months while they are translating the game to all these other different languages... I sometimes wish I had an American Wii (My Wii is German, for those who care), it will be the same story when Brawl's released in America too.
Upon re-reading my post it became apparent that I was unclear. I intended to suggest that it would be illogical for the English version of the game to be withheld from the UK entirely because the game has already been translated to English (are releases in the UK at least adjusted to conform to British English spelling?). If gameplay adjustments affect all European versions as you said, then I wouldn't think it too problematic to alter small bits of text or apply the existing translation to slightly altered versions. Even though Nintendo of Europe has announced a French version of the game, but not an English version, it would still seem probable that Radiant Dawn will be released in the UK (unlike Fire Emblem has historically had miserable sales in the UK, I wouldn't know if that is the case or not).

Have you considered purchasing an American Wii and importing games, or do you think it would ultimately not be worth it?

• 2 weeks later...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally!

Lets hope nothing gets screwed in localization.

Also, I noticed the rating is 12+ in NOE's site. FE9 had 7+. Why did it rise, but in America the rating dropped from T to E10+ between FE9 and FE10?

You see, E10+ didn't exist back then. Anyways, it went up for you guys because of cussing. And it's been on the front page of this site since before you posted that. ;)