Duel Terminal 2 Mafia

eclipse

Only uses for priority driver are making kills higher in priority than protection and making trackers and watcher useless. Well okey it can theoretically make hooker blocker but odds are too low. Even if town, Shinori is useless.

##Steal his Sangan and use it as XYZ material: Shinori

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I targeted Kay because I thought I could make a random priority block the mafia kill.

Also, Eclipse said my action didn't fail, I don't know what this means.Does anybody have any suggestions?

the only ideas I can think of are:

1. a bus driver

2. Kay isn't effected by my ability

3. Kay isn't telling the truth

This exact same thing happened in the last Duel Terminal, and it is indeed highly unlikely that there are two priority changing roles on one side.

##Vote: Shinori

If Shinori flips town, we lynch (or Vig if we have one) Blitz.

Blitz, when did you target me?

I targeted Kay because I thought I could make a random priority block the mafia kill.

Also, Eclipse said my action didn't fail, I don't know what this means.Does anybody have any suggestions?

the only ideas I can think of are:

1. a bus driver

2. Kay isn't effected by my ability

3. Kay isn't telling the truth

When, not why.

Also, I get the feeling I'm missing half of the conversation here. Mental note to come back to this and look at it more thoroughly.

That said, I've finished reviewing the Shinori situation (for my purposes) and I think it's time to cast in on this as well.

##Vote: Shinori

Among other things, that triple post near the start of this phase really doesn't sit right. It was almost like he was trying to play dumb. Then there were all the other good points brought up, and I think we've pretty much covered all possible grounds. The time to assume good faith has passed.

I'm replacing in for Rothene. Hi.

I have yet to do a in-depth re-read and make a presentable post, but for what it's worth, my reads from N3 that I had while lurking the thread were something along the lines of:

Town Townie Obvtownest: Balcerzak, Flint, Rothene, Proto (why the fuck was this guy wagonned and then pressed into being modkilled, i was calling him as the inevitable n1 / n2 kill)

Townish, but not as much as the people above: Kay, Hikaruss*

-

Should be townie but his consistency feels weird and I kind of want to lynch him even though he was a swing vote: Haze

Existant: Naglfar, Shinori, Snike, Mysterio

-

Scummy: Sho, Lorddomu

lol: Kaoz

*I completely forget why I had this read. I think it might have been a gut thing.

No real objections to Shinori's lynch for now, in case I end up taking too long to re-read and can't post before deadline, or something.

Oh right, my read on Lorddomu is completely worthless if Shinori is scum, so I'm going to hold off on that for now.

My logic was that when given the option between scapegoating Shinori and the guy who flipped scum (both had 1 vote), he chose Shinori, but if both were scum then that's pretty worthless. Maybe still notable because a roleblocker is a lot more worthwhile than a priority driver from what I can tell, but not as damning at it would be if Shinori is town. I was under the impression that scum might have wanted Shinori to be the counterwagon to Strawman, but recent events made me reconsider (because Flint is obvtown as hell right now).

This reminds me.

After the first Duel Terminal, Eclipse was pissed at how the mafia just used the priority driver's priority 1 to just drive his own priority with the kill, making their kill unstoppable until he died.

I have to wonder why she'd give the mafia a priority driver again after that.

This reminds me.

After the first Duel Terminal, Eclipse was pissed at how the mafia just used the priority driver's priority 1 to just drive his own priority with the kill, making their kill unstoppable until he died.

I have to wonder why she'd give the mafia a priority driver again after that.

Honestly, that seems like the best use of it and she was just mad they learned how to play the game.

Why does Strawman have to be our only scum flip right now asdfhkjgf. His posts might as well just be gigantic buzzwords, how am I supposed to redeem information from his interactions with other players at all?

ANYWAY. I'm re-reading and I still don't remember why I put Hikaru down as town. Move him down to neutral, I guess. Also, Naglfar is the towniest of my neutral reads. It's really just a gut thing, though. Mysterioblade is slowly moving up the list too even though he was one of the main people driving the Proto wagon, though this could change with a Sho flip.

If this were D1 or D2 I'd be advocating a Kaoz lynch because third parties are total dicks, but I don't really feel like we have the luxury of using up our lynch on survivors at this point. If a piercing vig of some type exists and could take care of that it'd be pretty awesome, thanks. <3

So hey, Sho looks pretty bad right now. I think it is scummy that he tried to twist a gameplay argument into a reason to attack Proto early on, only to drop this but immediately pick it back up and sheep when Proto became a wagon on D2. Rest of his play is just more sheeping and I can't think of anything he's done that hasn't been going with the flow/blending in with everyone else. It strikes me as off that he basically started having less and less of a presence after the D1 spat to the extent that I can't even remember what he did yesterday.

Also, I don't know the precedent for SF modding, but based on past experiences elsewhere that roleclaim sounds like contrived bullshit coming from somebody who has more set-up info than the rest of us. Just sayin'. This post in particular looks like he's trying to cover his ass about it, given that it was disjointed from his other posts at the time. No, this isn't the main reason I want him dead, but I find it to overall be unnerving.

Haze is fairly townie but I think it was weird how he pressure-voted Sho D1 then completely dropped it after N1 ended and even went for flippedtown!Proto the next day when Sho and Proto were basically opposites. I'm not seeing what Sho did to receive the sudden pass, or what Proto did to become worse. An explanation of what went on with that would be appreciated, because it looked particularly odd to me when I initially read through the game.

##Vote Shinori because I agree with the reasons for voting him and parking my vote elsewhere would be utterly useless at this point. I find it unlikely that we have two town priority drivers because the role is kind of wonky in the first place and not a huge boon to town, and Flint's attacks on Strawman seem to be coming from a townie PoV instead of a distancing PoV to me, so I'd rather lynch Shinori over him.

Also, that's L-1 by my count. If there's wariness about him self-hammering then I'll unvote, but I don't remember reading a rule preventing people from speaking about game content at night in this game (and have even seen people do so) so I can't imagine that being an issue here.

-

By the way, I'm totally baffled by the Snike NK. He didn't seem particularly memorable over the course of the game when I was reading it. Given the jan it's possible scum found out he was an important power role, but otherwise I can't see why they would want to do this.

@Haze ninja: She could have always just placed a restriction on it saying that "you can't do broken strategy X because deal with it", or alternately put a way to counter it in the set-up. It's not impossible.

Haze is fairly townie but I think it was weird how he pressure-voted Sho D1 then completely dropped it after N1 ended and even went for flippedtown!Proto the next day when Sho and Proto were basically opposites. I'm not seeing what Sho did to receive the sudden pass, or what Proto did to become worse. An explanation of what went on with that would be appreciated, because it looked particularly odd to me when I initially read through the game.

I was in conflict with Sho over him demanding (a) certain player(s) to cardclaim, due to the possible ramifications, I was also just frankly pissed at him over the previous game. I still thought it was suspicious, but not worth pursuing more than I already had. Honestly I think Sho is worse now than he was then since he's admitted to gaining new powers following his target's death and has uncharacteristically shut up ever since, he needs to reclaim in my eyes.

As for Proto, I had him marked down as "possible thief" because he'd suddenly jumped to the defense of the thief at the first insinuation that he/she might not be town, wanted to see what he would do if there was pressure on him. Turns out, he got himself modkilled. Genius.

Well what do you know my ass is matter of intress here? Well sure I talk/explain some of my actions.

Ever since I saw my role PM I have been trying to get myself killed ASAP.

My reasons for such act were these:

1. Unless I find my target I'm next to useless

2. I rather die than see cop or the like dieing by making myself night kill target. (This part totally backfired because Rein is moron)

3. I kept myself from claiming random bullshit like cop or doctor because that would be more likely to result misslynch than me being nightkilled.

4. My Role PM somewhat highly hinted about me turning SK if my target were to die and I happen to know that dead townie has about better odds of winning than living SK.

- As it turned out I'm not SK. Lack of extra kills last night should proof this.

As for my current role. Its right now next to useless and as I had planned to be dead by now, I'm pretty much clueless of what to do. Also I had 4 test on last week and preparing + doing those has taken major parts of my free time and that happens to affect my playing quite a bit. I still have few tests during early parts of next week but my activity should catch up around Wednesday.

Oh right, my read on Lorddomu is completely worthless if Shinori is scum, so I'm going to hold off on that for now.

My logic was that when given the option between scapegoating Shinori and the guy who flipped scum (both had 1 vote), he chose Shinori, but if both were scum then that's pretty worthless. Maybe still notable because a roleblocker is a lot more worthwhile than a priority driver from what I can tell, but not as damning at it would be if Shinori is town. I was under the impression that scum might have wanted Shinori to be the counterwagon to Strawman, but recent events made me reconsider (because Flint is obvtown as hell right now).

I can't understand... I mean, I think I understood but at the same time I think I didn't. At least he's picking up faster than me.

##Vote: Shinori, anyway. If he's Town, then I'm going to vote Flint for lying.

[7] Shinori: Flint, Hikarusa, Naglfar, Sho, Haze, Balcerzak, Prims, Domu

That's majority. However, there's not much time left for the phase anyway, so I think it's gonna end at the scheduled time.

Sorry, I was using the bathroom.

Shinori has 15 minutes to sort this out, or he's getting lynched. I'm not sure if he'll be on in time, but it's better than insta-ending the phase.

[7] Shinori: Flint, Hikarusa, Naglfar, Sho, Haze, Balcerzak, Prims, Domu

The town sent the lynchee forward. Field Marshal took aim and fired. When the smoke cleared. . .the Neo Flamvell Shaman was no more.

Prims has been lynched! He was:

Dear Rothene,

JQiC2.png

You are Neo Flamvell Shaman. You're a lion-maned, fire-wieldin' beast with a cute little scarf.

During the night, you may respond to your role PM with "Night X - Dance around <PLAYER>". You will protect <PLAYER> from killing actions. If you do manage to stop a killing action, you will steal your charge's item, because doctors aren't paid enough!

You are allied with the town. You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Everyone stared at the pile of dust where the Neo Flamvell Shaman had once stood.

It is now Night 4. Night 4 ends on Tuesday, November 29 at 4:00 AM GMT / Monday, November 28 at 6:00 PM HST.