Alternate 3-E(spoilers)

Cysx

i won't try to defend the DB too much, but they really aren't god awful as people might say they are...When trained, which isn't too hard to do, most of the group sans Meg and Fiona(less you REALLY put time into them) can be pretty good, even Leonardo can be useful with his Plus 5 speed bow/crossbows.

sure they aren't as "good" as the GM, but thats mostly due to an level difference then actully sucking like Wendy/Sophia.

I seriously doubt that anyone would choose the DB, especially as they start Part 3 extremely under-levelled...

If DB start part 3 by lv. 20/1, if you use 2-3 units besides Micaiah and Sothe, they will get to lv. 6-8. So when you finish 3-12, those 2-3 units should be by lv. 14-17 and can easily be crowned or BEXP'd to get to 3rd tier by 3-13. So by 3-E they should be by lv. 3-5, and 3-E won't be such a pain.

Besides, if 3-12 and 3-13 were beaten, then 3-E won't be such a problem.

If DB start part 3 by lv. 20/1, if you use 2-3 units besides Micaiah and Sothe, they will get to lv. 6-8. So when you finish 3-12, those 2-3 units should be by lv. 14-17 and can easily be crowned or BEXP'd to get to 3rd tier by 3-13. So by 3-E they should be by lv. 3-5, and 3-E won't be such a pain.

Besides, if 3-12 and 3-13 were beaten, then 3-E won't be such a problem.

with 2-3 units, i think 20/1 is a bit... low.

I doubt that she could kill a 3rd tier Gatrie in one hit (without Savage). And if he activates Luna...

Gatrie can't kill her without activating Luna, either. You might as well just give her Nolan's Nihil and call it a day.

taking an discussion about an alternative endgame to childish "i did not" "you did too" fights.

you boys make me proud of our fanbase.

on topic, i figure the map would have Crimea on the front lines while The Griel Mercenary's in back(due to level differences) and the Hawk and Beast tribes stay in their respective areas not moving less anything gets into range.

if its overkill then we could limit the GM's to Soren, Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Rhys, and Mist. and limit Crimea to Kieran, Makalov, Astrid, Cali, Marcia, and Devdan(or whatever he is)

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

taking an discussion about an alternative endgame to childish "i did not" "you did too" fights.

you boys make me proud of our fanbase.

on topic, i figure the map would have Crimea on the front lines while The Griel Mercenary's in back(due to level differences) and the Hawk and Beast tribes stay in their respective areas not moving less anything gets into range.

if its overkill then we could limit the GM's to Soren, Oscar, Boyd, Rolf, Rhys, and Mist. and limit Crimea to Kieran, Makalov, Astrid, Cali, Marcia, and Devdan(or whatever he is)

Must admit that I didn't think about Crimea. Their presence would make things a bit overwhelming... But as they aren't there in our actual 3-E, and Ike tells Elincia to stay out of the battle so she can act as a mediator, it would probably be best not to let them in.

I would play the Dawn Brigade to get some experience for them and for the challenge, probably. 3E is extraordinarily boring from GM side.

Maybe for the story, the order of Mist passing out (Ike leaves) and Micaiah leaving could be switched when you play as Daein? Micaiah could stay as the chapter lord.

Also an earlier use of Kurthnaga would be appreciated instead of waiting until 4E.

• 3 months later...

Here's what I would have done. 1 half of the game is the dawn brigade, the other half is the Greil Mercenaries, then we get one Army vs Army orgy of violence, and then they team up to do the rest of the game. No jumping back and forth so there's all this bullshit about availability.

Dawn Prologue to X, Dawn Brigade members no availability bullshit

Greil Prologue to X, Greil Mercenary members no availability bullshit

I.E. Essentially what Gaiden did

Come X, you pick an army to fight with, And the leaders of that army (Micaiah/Soren, Ike/Elincia) become the 'focus' characters for the rest of the game. I.E. Ephraim/Eirika split in Sacred Stones with some minor changes to the plot regarding who got picked. Not only does this encourage a repeat play through, but it also eliminates that pesky "Hi Imma just disappear on you for 90% of the game, hope you didn't want to use me" bullshit, and gives you the always kick ass "my army vs my army" moments that other games have also done well. It also lets you pace and structure the story better, as well as set up supports so they can be like Path of Radiance, since you don't have to be afraid that the very next chapter your losing a character you would have preferred not to. There's one single massive shift, and that's all there needs to be.

Here's what I would have done. 1 half of the game is the dawn brigade, the other half is the Greil Mercenaries, then we get one Army vs Army orgy of violence, and then they team up to do the rest of the game. No jumping back and forth so there's all this bullshit about availability.

I made a similar suggestion a while back; where the game would be divided into four "parts" for Micaiah, Elincia, Ike, and the Army of Chaos. You'd go through Ike's mode first, unlocking Elincia and Micaiah's mode and after them, the final Army of Chaos mode.

I made a similar suggestion a while back; where the game would be divided into four "parts" for Micaiah, Elincia, Ike, and the Army of Chaos. You'd go through Ike's mode first, unlocking Elincia and Micaiah's mode and after them, the final Army of Chaos mode.

Mm, I had a bunch of changes (In summation I tried my hardest to get rid of the perceived Deus Ex Machina, while leaving the conflicts themselves untouched) that I was going to post in a new thread but decided against it, I figured the forum probably saw plenty when this was released.

The only major change I can think of was getting rid of the blood pact as an excuse for Part 3's party fighting at all

[spoiler=Words]The Begnion senators in an effort to not just grab Daein but Crimea, would employ Izuka to capture some notable members of each side Read: Party Members we don't want joining right now. He would use the Feral One drug on them, and the senators would send of armies in Daein/Crimean uniform to attack Crimean/Daein territory with those brainwashed figures at it's head.

This would happen enough times to get the attention of the Greils/Dawn Brigade, who would go there, witness the attacks, and report back truthfully. Any and all envoys sent to negotiate peace would be intercepted and killed, leading either side to believe that the other is just blood thirsty.

Eventually war would break out, Cimea would ask the Laguz to serve as peace envoys since they are neutral and those peacekeepers being killed would rouse the Laguz into action as well. In the end after the final battle (the one where you pick your side) Naesala/Sanaki/Bastion/Whoever would fit the purpose, would drop in to explain what's going on, cue the rest of the game.

The best part of the idea is that, if a player is not playing the stories at the same time, regardless of which he picked it DOES seem like the other side is genuinely out to get you, even when they are firmly denying it in battle conversations and blaming you for events you haven't witnessed yet (the other mode)

Not a perfect idea, but I felt it was better than "Well a piece of paper we haven't really explained says we have to, so lets angst about it for like 4 chapters or so" I really hated the second half or Part 3...

Edited by Onmi