Fire Emblem: Dawn of Darkness

Anacybele

Hey, all! I know I've mentioned this story before, but I'm finally actually posting my Fire Emblem fic here for all to see. :3 It is a direct sequel to Radiant Dawn and takes place about a year after it. Azura is the lord and main character of the story, though Ike, Ranulf, and Elincia also have large roles. Boyd and Soren show up later as well. Geoffrey appears in the first chapter and then never shows up again, though he is mentioned a lot. Bryan and Leyon, however, are the main male protagonists and two of my many original characters. It tells the story of the gang's quest to thwart Melora's evil plans to use the power of Azura's mysterious pendant and take over the continent of Altarais (as well as kill Azura herself). Well, I hope you enjoy! :3

Logo___Dawn_of_Darkness_by_Great_Aether.

Prologue

It had been three years since the war known as the Mad King's War, where a noble hero named Ike fought to free his country of Crimea from evil, came to an end. Despite this great victory and the bright future it seemed to herald, the seeds of war had only been planted and budding during that bloodshed, and the worst was yet to come. A series of new conflicts stemming from that war soon erupted almost simultaneously, combining and escalating into the greatest battle ever seen on the continent of Tellius, where the armies of two goddesses, Ashera and Yune, fought one another for even greater purposes. After a long journey filled with challenging battles and unlikely allies, Sir Ike managed to defeat Ashera, free the thousands of victims of her Judgment, a period where everyone save for her army and Yune's were turned to stone, and bring peace to Tellius once again.

Little more than two months have passed since those dark days ended...

Somewhere to the west and across the ocean was the continent of Altarais, a land that remained unknown to nearly all of Tellius for several centuries. Certain events led to its re-discovery and natives of both continents, including the famed Sir Ike and a young Altaraisian mercenary named Azura, began traveling to and fro, developing trade routes quickly. However, talk of war had soon spread among the Altarais natives in the country of Talgria as quickly as a plague.

Azura, the mercenary who possessed a beautiful gold pendant, worked ever more to hone her skill with the blade while a nameless foe dogged her every step.

Sir Ike left Tellius behind to escape the pain of his lost love, whom had instead married another.

A feline warrior named Ranulf accompanied the famous hero to give him hope and comfort.

A queen named Elincia gloomily ruled over her nation, longing to find someone close to her heart.

The meeting of these four heroes in Altarais is where this tale unfolds.

...And the beginning of a force that would decide the fate of the entire land.

Table of Contents

Chapter 1: A Broken Love
Chapter 2: Missing Heroes
Chapter 3: Rescue and Ruins
Chapter 4: The Quest Begins
Chapter 5: A Dead End
Chapter 6: An Act of Thievery
Chapter 7: Lost and Found
Chapter 8: Onward and Northward
Chapter 9: A New Path
Chapter 10: The Forest of Hope
Chapter 11: Friend and Foe
Chapter 12: A Land of Canines
Chapter 13: The Plight of Azura
Chapter 14: Hero in Peril
Chapter 15: Hope Arises
Chapter 16: Seaborne Battle
Chapter 17: Protecting the Cure
Chapter 18: Storm!
Chapter 19: A Second Plot
Chapter 20: Unlikely Enemies
Chapter 21: The Prince of Astryn
Chapter 22: The Arrival
Chapter 23: Elhorhi's Noble Lady
Chapter 24: Rising Morale
Chapter 25: A Fatal Clash
Chapter 26: The Red Claw Persists
Chapter 27: Allied Command's Stand
Chapter 28: Breaking the Barrier

Chapter 29: The Blaze of War

Chapter 30: Desperate Ambitions

Chapter 31: A Traitor Emerges

Chapter 32: Leyon's March

Chapter 33: Forging Alliances - Part 1

Chapter 33: Forging Alliances - Part 2

Chapter 34: Another Trial - Part 1

Chapter 34: Another Trial - Part 2

Chapter 35: On Pegasus Wings

Oh, and also, you'll find a collection of short stories that are related to Dawn of Darkness in my ff.net account. I also chose a few songs to go with this story. :3

Song List:

I also made a wiki and an FE forum, but obviously I won't advertise those here lol. But enjoy anyway. :3

If you want to give feedback, the feedback thread is here. :)

Edited by Anacybele

Update: I decided to add in the prologue, which I had originally only posted on my Deviantart account. :3

As you can see, it's not a prologue in the traditional FE sense. This is to help show that if Dawn of Darkness were a game, it would be a pretty hard one.

• 3 years later...

Oh, only chapter 34 is missing from this. I thought I had left at least a few chapters out. I haven't posted here in like forever (a little over three years, da fuck? o.O), but I'm going to revive it now. It seems I had completely forgotten that I was posting links here, not the actual text of the chapters (because some of them are looong lol). xP

So yeah, chapter 34 was split into two parts as was the case with chapter 33, so now they shall be linked!

I'm afraid chapter 35 has not been started yet though, as several delays forced 34 to take a really long time to get out and I've been leaving this on hiatus to tie off a couple short stories so I could better focus on this.

Edited by Anacybele

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...