H5 Playlog

It's pretty easy to fail getting the Wyrmslayer since there are pirates and hunters down in the south end of the map and as H5 enemies, they're pretty dangerous. The effort it takes to get the Wyrmslayer is probably not worth it, especially since you have WINdell and Merric with Excalibur to deal with the very few that crop up before you get Astram's Wyrmslayer.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even on H5, you can take out Mannu with ranged assault. There's 4 points of land based range assault (5, if you use Shiida from straight south), meaning that you can cause a lot of uncountered damage without the Wyrmslayer.

lol you guys think this is an update, amirite?

I had everything written out, then I forgot my USB with everything on it at my cousins' place which is 200 kilometers away, so don't expect an update until the 25th/26th. It has all the screenshots, so it's just not me being super lazy like I was for the past week.

• 2 weeks later...

What is this I don't even

[spoiler=Chapter 9]Units Deployed: Marth, Jeigan, Cain, Abel, Hardin, Shiida, WRYS, Lena, Merric, Wendall, Barst, Cord, Roger, Julian; Jeorge

Marth - His sole purpose was to recruit Jeorge, and then not die. Wait, that's two purposes!

Jeigan - His duty was to fetch the wyrmslayer. Things got a little hairy when he missed an 82 while retrieving it though!

Cain and Hardin - Provided bulk and strong steel sword hits.

Abel - Was reclassed to Myrmidon to help his speed out. Did it pan out? Continue reading to find out... He doesn't have D Swords, so I thought I'd try this anyway.

Shiida - She can fly around and distract stuff, I guess. She has good offence against the hunters, she doubles.

Wrys and Lena - Staffbot

Merric - Soaking up exp so he can kill Gharnef.

Wendall - My Mannu killer. He uses staves too!

Barst - Reclassed to Pirate here, for the evasion boost and the ability to lure enemies in.

Cord and Roger - Chip damage, although both were 1-2 AS off doubling most times. Still chip damage from bows beats out Javelin chip here due to axes everywhere.

Julian - He did nothing but grab the two north chests.

L8Hqp.png

Ok, so Firestone's give some pretty hefty boosts here. With 33 attack and 18 AS, this boss is nothing like you've ever seen before. Luckily, he only has 1 range, and mediocre resistance.

PQiOS.png

The barrier staff is a good idea on the player unit that you want to lure the elfire mage in, since he packs a considerable punch. Keep low HP units away, they might be OHKO'd! NOTE: I don't know why I used Ogma to lure him in.

1KziU.png

I feel this dude is a bit underrated in H5. He has some decent speed until around chapter 16, and has some hefty chip damage with Silvers, and access to Parthia. However, his base strength and durability are pretty bad, so watch out!

SW84I.png

TOP TIER MY ASS, FUCK YOU ABEL

k8MFw.png

THE MOTHER FUCKING POPE WITH A STELLER LEVEL UP

8dtnw.png

POPE WENDALL IS KILLING GHARNEF

gcrCG.png

This bottom chest has a nice item in the wyrmslayer! Although manaketes are few and far between now, it saves some money later on, since you are really only handed one to you, via Astram.

ex8tD.png

Now Marth is all fine and dandy, he's recruited Jeorge, and angry Pirates that 2HKO him are coming for his ass. If you're not comfortable with him running this way, you can:

A) Warp him to the throne

or

B) Have him run back the way he came and let the other units handle the enemies.

I have him gain some exp because I know what I'm doing :newyears:

Sfiea.png

That Goddess Icon is a somewhat controversial item, it fetches some nice money at the market, but it also protects units like Jeigan and Sedgar from random crits that piss you off. It's your call. I'll probably sell it.

e9mie.png

Wendall cleanly OHKO's this guy with a crit, which is nice. Even if he doesn't crit, he 3HKO's.

MyfHp.png

:facepalm:

Other notes: This is a map where you want the boss dead ASAP, as a bunch of angry Pirates with high strength pop out of the forts to the south, and you can only hold them off for so long before being overwhelmed, unless you're exclusively using somebody like Ogma to kill them one by one, but that's just silly...

12-13 AS is needed to double everything but hunters on this map, so units like Wendall, Ogma, Navarre, Cord, and Jeorge will have some solid offence when doubling. If Ogma has B Swords, he has a solid chance at ORKO'ing stuff with the silver sword, which is nice in a pinch.

All in all, this isn't that tough of a chapter. Just don't let one unit handle too many pirates at once!

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

UNIT     CLASS            LEVEL    HP  ST  SK  SP  LC  DF  RS  WEP LEVEL
MARTH    LORD             05.00    22  07  04  08  10  07  00  D SWORD
SHIIDA   PEGASUS KNIGHT   09.68    26  05  12  19  15  09  06  C LANCE
CAIN     CAVALIER         08.97    26  09  08  11  06  10  00  D SWORD D LANCE
ABEL     CAVALIER         07.35    23  08  10  08  05  08  00  C LANCE E SWORD
JEIGAN   DRACOKNIGHT   ??/03.95    21  08  10  08  01  11  06  A LANCE E AXE
WRYS     CURATE           06.74    17  02  05  07  04  03  09  D STAFF
OGMA     MERCENARY        11.19    28  08  14  15  06  07  00  B SWORD
BARST    FIGHTER          11.04    30  15  11  11  07  08  00  C AXE
CORD     HUNTER           07.49    21  10  09  10  07  07  00  D BOW
LENA     CLERIC           09.33    17  04  10  09  12  03  11  B STAFF
MERRIC   MAGE             04.29    20  05  04  06  04  04  03  D TOME
HARDIN   CAVALIER         08.46    25  09  09  10  03  08  01  B LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/03.48    24  05  02  13  02  05  05  B TOME D STAFF
JEORGE   SNIPER        ??/01.57    24  07  10  12  04  08  03  B BOW

Edited by General Horace

k8MFw.png

THE MOTHER FUCKING POPE WITH A STELLER LEVEL UP

8dtnw.png

POPE WENDALL IS KILLING GHARNEF

That Pope Wendell is one bad mother-

Shut your mouth!

But I'm talking about WINdell.

Then we can dig it.

But seriously, this shit is good. Keep it up man, I'm loving it.

Also having used George, he is pretty nice to have around in Maniac, especially after you get the Paritha. Probably one of the best prepromotes in the game. Although I do find it funny that he's on par with Sniper!Jeigan statwise.

Edited by Gafgarion

Accepts any Abel with more speed

Holy crap two in a row, what is this.

[spoiler=Chapter 10]Units Deployed: Marth, Jeigan, Cain, Abel, Hardin, Shiida, Ogma, Barst, Cord, Roger, Merric, Wendall, Lena, Jeorge; Maria, Minerva

Marth - He, uh, grabbed a chest, was going to get a cav kill until Cain critted, and recruited Maria and Minerva.

Jeigan, Abel, Hardin, and Shiida - Killed the first cavalier charge. Hardin and Shiida backtracked and helped out inside too.

Ogma and Barst - Handled the inside, due to high speed/strength.

Cord, Roger - Chipped the hero and a wyvern. Cord had solid chip with steel.

Merric - Soaked up exp.

Wendall - Blew up a wyvern, blew up the boss, and was generally kickass.

Lena - Healbot

Jeorge - Indirectly helped with the throne room, and blicked a Peg.

Maria - Healed Ogma once

f6VC5.png

+4 MT +20 Hit javelins. They're pretty much 1-2 ranged Silvers.

MKF8k.png

Speaking of Silvers, they're on every enemy that doesn't have a forged Javelin. Lovely.

spCLB.png

Minerva. A Axes is pretty nice, she can use hammers and her axe Hautclere effectively for a while. You should also have a silver axe kicking around too. 9 strength/12 speed/12 defence is pretty solid at this point of the game. If she only had like, 34 HP instead of 24. C lances would actually do a ton for her as well. But in order to recruit her...

1Myo4.png

You have to recruit this little bitch. Her base stats are atrocious, and her only good growths are luck, which she has 0 at base, and resistance, which she has plenty of already.

MFypl.png

First wave of enemies you have to deal with. They're very trivial. I gang raped the first dude, then see:

IO9nk.png

One...

gEQRf.png

Two...

The other was Win Speared, but Jeigan also OHKO's.

zrqAu.png

See, Jeorge isn't completely horrid. Cord with a forged Steel would have done the same though, but this is free!

ueYjM.png

You'll want to watch any squishy unit or any unit with under 10 or less AS around these guys, they murder Merric here two times over.

64pWE.png

Obligatory Excalibur rapes fliers as well picture.

WwEUB.png

Jeorge has a nice niche here, he isn't doubled by the Silver bow Sniper, who doubles a TON of your units with 15 AS. Even though he isn't attacked here due to how the AI works, he's a very good choice and luring them down to be killed from this side of the wall, as it exposes them to attack from inside the castle with none of them taking damage.

and yes, I know I'm brilliant.

qqX7L.png

Guess who doubles the Sniper!

wX06Q.png

The pope's stock is starting to rise some more...

zkXpr.png

Now, on turn 5 EP these dudes spawn. You have a couple choices here.

After recruiting Maria and Minerva, warp Marth to the throne ASAP so you don't die horribly,

or

try to split them up into groups.

Obviously the armours will lag behind on their own. Also, if you kill the boss, these guys don't spawn.

M2tj6.png

This guy is pretty threatening, but if you head in his general direction, he'll start coming out towards you, and you can gang rape him from 2 range. The master seal he carries will most likely go to Shiida.

sVOT0.png

ABEL I SWEAR TO GOD

at least you double armours with a steel lance now

THuQn.png

It's about fucking time

BcEQL.png

The pope doesn't fuck around though

FGmo3.png

... I don't know why I took this

But I just realized I spelt "Horse" wrong :facepalm:

jidb3.png

Abel should get a turban

zm5rs.png

At this point, these cavaliers are the only thing other than two armours left on the map. They are easily dealt with by using the choke point. I got the horseman to chase after Jeigan, and the cavaliers went inside after Hardin.

All in all, this chapter may seem pretty threatening, recruiting Minerva can be a massive PITA, but really, if you've done what I've done here, all you really need to worry about are the reinforcements. The cavaliers are pretty pain free, and Jeorge + Excalibur means you only really need to deal with 2 other enemies. Just keep moving, and kill the boss early and the reinforcements won't pain you. If you want, you could warp Shiida on turn 4, kill the knight near the boss, then kill the boss on turn 5 to prevent the reinforcements from appearing. If you have General Wolf/Sedgar at a high enough level, they can tank out the cavaliers and horseman pretty well.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

SHIIDA   PEGASUS KNIGHT   10.02    26  06  13  20  16  09  06  C LANCE
CAIN     CAVALIER         09.95    26  09  09  12  07  10  00  D SWORD D LANCE
ABEL     CAVALIER         08.35    24  09  10  08  06  08  00  C LANCE E SWORD
JEIGAN   DRACOKNIGHT   ??/05.08    21  08  11  09  02  11  06  A LANCE E AXE
OGMA     MERCENARY        11.68    28  08  14  15  06  07  00  B SWORD
BARST    FIGHTER          12.16    31  16  11  11  07  08  00  B AXE
CORD     HUNTER           07.85    21  10  09  10  07  07  00  D BOW
LENA     CLERIC           11.37    18  05  12  09  13  03  12  B STAFF
MERRIC   MAGE             06.36    22  06  05  07  04  04  03  D TOME
HARDIN   CAVALIER         09.51    25  10  10  11  03  09  01  B LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/04.62    25  06  02  13  02  05  05  B TOME D STAFF
JEORGE   SNIPER        ??/02.39    25  07  10  12  04  08  03  B BOW
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT   ??/01.00    24  09  06  12  06  12  03  A AXE D LANCE

Edited by General Horace

• 1 month later...

It's been a while.

[spoiler=Chapter 11]

Units Deployed: Marth, Shiida, Cain, Abel, Jeigan, Ogma, Barst, Cord, Lena, Merric, Hardin, Wendall, Jeorge, Minerva; Jake; Linde

Marth - Walked to Linde's village, and seized the throne.

Cain, Abel, Hardin, Jeigan, Shiida, Minerva - All used Javelin chip damage to take on the Mercs near Linde's village. Nothing noteworthy.

Ogma - Lured in Khozen, as he's the only Member of my team with requisite speed/durability other than Shiida, who does like 4 damage to him with a steel lance.

Jeorge - Counterkilled a peg early on.

Lena - Warped Shiida in to recruit Jake, staffbotted.

Barst, Cord, Merric - Generally did nothing. Cord might have stole a peg kill, and Merric definately picked up the weakened horseman that anyone else could have grabbed.

LIGoW.png

This dude has the stupidest recruitment ever. There is a vauge hint on how to recruit him from the house, but no other hints whatsoever.

Also, why does he have an arrowspate when the person who recruits him is a flying pony?

All in all though, ballisticians are very solid parts of your team, as they can take out those annoying fortify curates later on, and arrowspate those annoying fliers.

gWygE.png

now i realize this isn't really readable...

Anyway, this guy is like that dude from a few chapters ago that ORKO'd/OHKO'd almost your entire team, except this guy moves. He's dangerous, be wary.

5DRZY.png

See this house here? Somebody has to visit this specific house in order for Shiida to be able to recruit Jake. She doesn't even have to visit the house herself.

Qylop.png

The range of the three ballistae takes up over half of the map, so watch your mages!

HG2mQ.png

oops I forgot Jeorge is weighed down by steel bows :facepalm:

a4smk.png

These two (one is dead, but there were two of them) are actually quite a threat. Most stuff that they are able to double is dead. Use bows or Excalibur so you don't have to deal with a counter.

V9mws.png

Same thing with these Mercs. Except they don't have 1-2 range, which is nice, so you can spam chip damage at them till they die.

prnQZ.png

If you use this chokepoint, be careful, as it looks like you only need the one unit to plug it up. The mercs can run right through those pillers though, so I used Ogma to block it off (and prevent the mercs from killing Minerva, as she's 3HKO'd)

tnDTo.png

Abel, at least you got speed.

F6oYi.png

The other mage with a prf tome. She's like Merric, except Merric has a prf tome that hits like a truck and OHKO's flying things, and her prf tome only hits like a truck. Oh, and Merric can avoid OHKO's from non silvers more often than not,

HsKKr.png

If you're not in a particular hurry, you can get this guy to waste his thunderbolt, as he doesn't hit all that hard with it (as it uses the magic stat, which is 0).

mOmOU.png

Find someone with good resisitance...

z6jye.png

and profit

W7ivq.png

There's a Rapier here if you actually use Marth

GGYQg.png

With the added HP in H5, this guy becomes a pain in the ass to take down. He's 3HKO'd at iffy hitrates by Barst, who is a wrecking ball. Magic works well too.

epMA8.png

By putting Wendall where I did, it lured in the Horseman. It's a good Idea to do so, as there is that Killer bow sniper prick that's waiting for you around the corner. Not much can live through a silver bow and a forged killer bow.

Jdm2q.png

Use a savepoint before luring this guy in. Seriously. If he crits something, it's dead.

SxuEL.png

Lena Warps Shiida in to recruit Jake. If you feel like playing with fire to save a warp charge, feel free to do so.

You can also make Shiida a different class, although it's akin to dragging around a deadweight for the chapter.

tFzU8.png

I forgot to mention the cavs, but you have a ridersbane and win spear to kill those guys with, they're the easiest bit of the chapter.

Anyway, back to this dude I mentioned at the start of the chapter. My Ogma just barely avoids being doubled by this guy. If you're lucky, Angelic Robe!Shiida should be able to survive a hit from him, then you pound on him with Magic until he dies. Ogma 2HKO's with the wyrmslayer, but I feed the kill to Hardin instead.

SHIIDA   PEGASUS KNIGHT   11.06    26  06  14  20  17  09  06  C LANCE
CAIN     CAVALIER         11.05    28  10  09  12  07  12  00  D SWORD D LANCE
ABEL     CAVALIER         09.14    24  09  10  09  06  08  00  C LANCE E SWORD
JEIGAN   DRACOKNIGHT   ??/05.50    21  08  11  09  02  11  06  A LANCE E AXE
OGMA     MERCENARY        12.25    29  09  15  15  07  07  00  B SWORD
BARST    FIGHTER          13.10    31  16  11  12  08  08  00  B AXE
CORD     HUNTER           08.15    22  10  09  11  08  07  00  D BOW
LENA     CLERIC           14.08    18  06  12  09  14  03  13  B STAFF
MERRIC   MAGE             07.03    23  07  06  08  05  04  03  C TOME
HARDIN   CAVALIER         10.68    25  11  11  12  04  09  01  B LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/05.74    26  06  02  13  03  05  06  B TOME C STAFF
JEORGE   SNIPER        ??/02.53    25  07  10  12  04  08  03  A BOW
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT      01.45    24  09  06  12  06  12  03  A AXE D LANCE
JAKE     SHOOTER          01.00    20  05  01  03  03  14  00  BALLISTAE

Edited by General Horace

dat abel

Are you gonna bench him?

Depends on his next few levels. As of right now, he's still a unit with C lances and decent str/skl that can effectively use a forge. Or chuck a javelin. Besides, I don't really have anyone to replace him with anyway.

However, Hardin has been getting some awesome level ups, so in the long run, I'd say he'll be stuck without a promotion item.

Oh god I'm just truckin' along

[spoiler=Chapter 12]Units Deployed:Marth, Shiida, Cain, Abel, Jeigan, Ogma, Barst, Lena, Hardin, Wendall, Minerva; Dolph; Macellan; Tomas; Midia; Boah

Marth - He looted a couple chests and grabbed a kill on a thief for some nice exp.

Shiida - With barrier backup from Wendall, she went and tanked the two bolgonone mages. She also killed Heimler.

Cain, Abel, Hardin - They ran ahead, and took care of Heimler's two mooks. Also served as thieves on a horse.

Ogma - Lured in the sniper, and killed the boss

Barst - was warped to save the prisoners from that devastating mage.

Lena - Warped people places and healed

Wendall - Barriered Shiida and healed.

Minerva - Used the hammer forge to clear out the initial knights, then helped out the cavs.

First off, Chapter 12 is not a chapter to fuck around on. Starting on turn 3 Enemy phase 3 angry silver wielding cavalry units start flowing out of the courtyard south of where you spawn; they'll 2HKO your units (they even 2HKO'd Barst) unless your a General Wolf/Sedgar player. Furthermore, there are three more silver wielders coming at you from the south, along with two mages that will OHKO any non pegasus/magic/promoted unit with 23 or less HP, and the higher levelled one can OHKO guys with 25 or less HP. Marth, Jeigan and Abel were among units that were OHKO'd, Hardin would have been if not for his random point of resistance. This causes a pincer attack like situation if you move too slowly, and once you're in that kind of situation, you're not gonna come out on top in H5.

HnDo0.png

There's also this prick here with 21 Attack speed that WILL double your entire team (sans Shiida or a blessed Ogma) unless you do something stupid like Swordmaster Wendall, or have a different non Jeigan class A unit promoted. I just leave him be.

hBfrR.png

These are the two mages I was talking about earlier. If both of them hit anything, they're dead*. The other guy is lower levelled and doesn't hit as hard, but still, watch out.

*unless you use the barrier staff.

KxeGi.png

The boss is actually kind of easy. He's weighed down by his tome, so he actually only has 15 AS, which isn't too bad. Also, if you attack him from the pillar, he essentially only has 70 hit + evasion, so you might actually be able to dodge an attack from a boss for once.

f5uDY.png

Now you have the Archanean knights locked in the prison. Dolph, Macellan and Tomas are more or less unsalvageable, Tomas is near promotion and has a nice bow rank, but all you get if you promote him at level 10 is Jeorge with less speed and more HP. And he still needs two levels. However, Midia is salvagable for a little while with her C lances, and Boah can use Excalibur and staves well, but at this point, him and Wendall are more or less the same unit except Wendall has more speed. I might use Midia for fun instead of Jeigan for a chapter that I don't need a silver lance for, since she can escape random crits, and they have identical stats elsewhere except weapon ranks.

qUVxZ.png

I warp Barst in to kill this guy, otherwise he'll go ORKO/OHKO one of the unpromoted scrubs in the prison. If you can save the prisoners without using warp, you're a lot smarter than I am.

iWONH.png

If you're not mentally retarded like me, you'll move Midia to the space where she can't get attacked.

uaRsV.png

Minerva has a nice niche here in midgame as a flying hammerbot.

wF9Fu.png

There's another Warp staff here on this thief! The other dude drops a significantly less awesome armourslayer.

PM7Bh.png

My Shiida with a +7 resistance boost has enough durability to get hit by both of the Bolganone mages and live. She also ORKO's one with a Javelin, leaving her free to kill the other one next turn.

ugeS8.png

ok she dodged both of them but she's at +6 here attacking the one with more attack, see?

s0SvN.png

Here are the enemies I'm talking about that spawn on turn 3. They're nasty, try to avoid them. There's a neat trick I like to use to avoid coming in contact with the horseman.

vXIm4.png

For whatever reason, this general is passive, and won't bug you until you attack him. I leave him be. The chest behind him contains a dragonpike, which is nice, but not nescessary at this point.

5IWSs.png

I use the save point here to rig a killing edge crit on the sniper with Ogma.

49HkO.png

Here's the trick I was talking about with the horseman. After they've moved twice, they should be close to entering the castle. If you put a unit where Minerva is now, they'll be closer to the horseman's attack range than any other unit, and they'll come over to attack you the next turn. The way the spawns work, you could do this trick over and over and over again, every second turn, putting a unit there and luring all the horseman here so you'll never have to deal with them.

8We26.png

I forgot to show you, but I moved Shiida here to kill Heimler. She has enough movement to skirt the range of the manakete. Make sure the Sniper is dead beforehand, otherwise she'll be in range!

zM0ro.png

I have Barst holding the chokepoint here, and Jeigan lures the other cavalier down for him and Wendall to tag team. Also, didn't screen cap it, but Wendall proc'd magic again!

rwypT.png

Abel, you never cease to amaze disappoint me.

s29pT.png

As you can see, Ogma cleanly 2HKO's at a very good hitrate, and has more than enough HP to take a hit from him. I just have him wait here for this turn, I'm not silly enough to think that he would dodge two 42's.

6SLFn.png

My friends the horseman are back again too, Ogma was in the spot Minerva was in previously at the start of this turn.

bDiWD.png

This healer guy is a prick. Kill him off if you can. Ogma + Shiida killed the boss, but Ogma thought he'd be cool and crit the boss.

5VQZI.png

I could have hung around and killed the cavaliers for exp, and have Cain run to the treasure, but I decide to end the chapter here on turn 9, so I warp MasterKey!Cain down to nab the boots, which will be going to Marth.

1dUO1.png

You get Parthia at the chapter's end, and it's a very nice weapon to get for Jeorge. Silver Bows or steel forges OHKO/ORKO fliers well enough later on, so it's not required to have around during lategame. Jeorge is still worth deploying on most maps because he has this fall back weapon now (much like Jeigan's Silver Lance early on) to make up for an unlucky miss. However, his deployment time is done as soon as any other unit can use Silver Bows, in my eyes.

MARTH    LORD             05.57    22  07  04  08  10  07  00  D SWORD
SHIIDA   PEGASUS KNIGHT   12.55    27  06  14  20  18  09  06  B LANCE
CAIN     CAVALIER         11.28    28  10  09  12  07  12  00  D SWORD D LANCE
ABEL     CAVALIER         10.04    24  09  10  10  06  08  00  C LANCE E SWORD
JEIGAN   DRACOKNIGHT   ??/05.75    21  08  11  09  02  11  06  A LANCE E AXE
OGMA     MERCENARY        13.11    30  10  15  15  07  08  00  B SWORD
BARST    FIGHTER          14.15    32  17  11  12  08  08  00  B AXE
LENA     CLERIC           16.01    19  07  12  09  15  03  15  B STAFF
HARDIN   CAVALIER         11.05    26  11  12  13  04  09  01  B LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/06.13    26  07  02  13  03  05  07  B TOME C STAFF
JEORGE   SNIPER        ??/02.53    25  07  10  12  04  08  03  A BOW
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT      01.91    24  09  06  12  06  12  03  A AXE D LANCE
MIDIA    PALADIN          01.00    24  07  11  09  07  09  03  C LANCE D SWORD

haha fuckkk I hate the next chapter without warpskipping

[spoiler=Chapter 13]Units Deployed: Marth, Shiida, Cain, Abel, Jeigan, Ogma, Barst, Lena, Hardin, Wendall, Minerva, Midia, Boah, Jeorge; Beck; Astram

Marth - tried not to die and failed once

Shiida - lead the charge forward with her new promotion

Cain, Jeigan, Minerva - chipped at ballistas.

Ogma - was warped on turn 1 to kill an arrowspate with a KE crit

Barst - ORKO'd the ballista with the silver axe.

Lena - warped and physic'd

Hardin - was warped on turn 1 to chip at the hoistflamme ballistae

Wendall - I think he killed one ballista

Midia - recruited astram and got the fuck out of the way

Boah - Physic'd and Warped

Jeorge - Helped Hardin out with the bottom ballista.

Beck - used the thunderbolt to great effect

Astram - almost died to Shiida then ran away

DISCLAIMER

I seriously don't have any surefire way to approach this chapter in H5. At some point, it's likely to be pretty luck based the way I see it. If anyone has any other ideas that I don't mention, please speak up. Warpskipping is obviously easy for this chapter, so no mention of that please.

45y3H.png

I promoted Shiida at the chapters start so she could go Paladin, and for much needed offensive and defensive boosts.

cdjdm.png

Ogma killed the ballisa with a KE Crit + a hit, so I rigged this to happen right at the start of the chapter, to get rid of one of the ballista early on. I also warped Hardin down south, but he didn't ORKO, he just started Chipping.

HNelE.png

I forged this lance for people like Cain and Abel really who don't yet have B lances, and it conserves silvers as well.

yObnd.png

This guy is a pain to recruit, as he hits reasonably hard because of his weapon, and you have to make sure you don't kill him in return. Midia also isn't a good choice for this chapter already, but you're forced to bring her along to recruit Astram.

Astram himself is pretty bad. He might see some very limited use in filler slots as I don't really have a use for the Silver Sword of his, but don't expect him to do much.

BVLGm.png

You thought chapter 11 was bad with the ballistas? This chapter covers like 90% of the map, full of 3-10 ranged enemies that 2-3HKO your team. Arrowspate and Hoistflamme also have annoyingly high hitrates, and one stonehoist hit can end a map.

DTyfZ.png

Not only that, but they are all really bulky, sporthing some hefty defensive parameters.

zWHoj.png

If you have a unit with C Swords and lowish attack, you might want to consider attacking from range with a levin sword, as they hit resistance. Ogma does just fine with a steel in this case, though.

tBU6z.png

Beck will be seeing some use in later maps in a tandem with Jake, ballisticians work well in pairs. His weapon here, the thunderbolt is effective against other ballista, as it hits resistance as well. Unfortunatly, it also uses the magic stat of the attacker.

5s5I7.png

The physic staff is your friend in this map. Seriously, spam it like no tomorrow. There isn't going to really be any maps you'll need it more on in the future until much later on.

UE9nW.png

Use savepoints wisely here. You may have to rig a dodge or two if you don't have perfect positioning, and you never know when stonehoist is going to decide to screw you over. Putting a low defence unit on the outskirts of one ballista's range is a good way to draw fire away from the other main force. Make sure they can take a hit first though!

Lu87I.png

So, the thieves get angry if you visit the village apparently. Watch out for them, they're fast and have silvers.

0UNvJ.png

His 32 attack is frightening, as it's 3-10 range. Magic users and squishy units in general, be aware. Marth, Jeigan, Abel, Lena, Wendall, and Boah were all OHKO'd by this guy, and Jeorge and Midia would live with 1HP each.

VCY51.png

The armoury here sells silvers and steels, feel free to pick some up if you have some money lying around. I bought quite a bit here, actually.

xgbhB.png

Another annoying thing about this guy is how bulky he is. With the Throne bonuses, he has 39HP/18 defence, which is really bulky at this point. Barst 3HKO'd him with the devil axe to put it into perspective. If you're warpskipping; Excaliblick this guy.

hCxLY.png

Lena and Boah played a cruicial role here, they warped people to get rid of ballista quicker, and kept people alive using physic. They were really key here.

[spoiler=Unit Stats]

MARTH    LORD             05.57    22  07  04  08  10  07  00  D SWORD
SHIIDA   PALADIN       12/02.12    33  09  14  21  19  02  06  B LANCE E SWORD
CAIN     CAVALIER         12.34    28  11  09  13  08  12  00  C LANCE C SWORD
ABEL     CAVALIER         10.04    24  09  10  10  06  08  00  C LANCE E SWORD
JEIGAN   DRACOKNIGHT   ??/05.79    21  08  11  09  02  11  06  A LANCE E AXE
OGMA     MERCENARY        13.39    30  10  15  15  07  08  00  B SWORD
BARST    FIGHTER          14.87    32  17  11  12  08  08  00  B AXE
LENA     CLERIC           17.69    19  07  12  09  16  03  16  A STAFF
HARDIN   CAVALIER         11.68    26  11  12  13  04  09  01  B LANCE D SWORD
WENDALL  SAGE          ??/06.24    26  07  02  13  03  05  07  B TOME C STAFF
JEORGE   SNIPER        ??/02.65    25  07  10  12  04  08  03  A BOW
MINERVA  DRACOKNIGHT   ??/01.97    24  09  06  12  06  12  03  A AXE D LANCE
MIDIA    PALADIN       ??/01.00    24  07  11  09  07  09  03  C LANCE D SWORD
BOAH     BISHOP        ??/02.05    22  04  07  10  04  05  10  B TOME C STAFF

Just one note: I'm pretty sure Levin Sword is the same at both ranges.

It's not at all. It's physical at 1 range (and based off strength) and magical at 2 (based of magic). Test it if you don't think so.

ALSO

C13 can die in a hole on H5. That is all. Props for beating it (probably again).